Zaravella's Notes

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Zaravella
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Zaravella's Notes

Post by Zaravella » Sun Apr 08, 2018 2:21 pm

A book found in one of the resting rooms at The Nomad.

The first page has a phrase "-Z- of Luskan" on it and the sketching of a blazing sword - the symbol of Tempus.

The second page is a partial sketch of the city of Luskan, north of the river, though it may be inaccurate, but there are several areas added to it, from the known map, and they are all highlighted in red (it would appear to be ink that could be blood), The Red Dragon Trading Post marked an X in red.

The third page is is a list of names, and some writings:
Rest in peace my parents, I will always remember your names. And in the case my memory shall fail me again. I should write your names so I will never, ever, forget you:

Agrannon Fynn
Meloria Fynn

Thank you for trying to give me and my sisters a comfortable life. I know you tried. I miss you dearly.
Below these two names:
Annika Fynn - Skaljard
Myzria Fynn - lost.. Silver Marches? Neverwinter?

The Fourth page is a sketch of the city of Cordor, specifically of the government district, it has several X's on it, specifically The Map Room, The Temple, The Mercantile Building, The Armory, The place where the Sergeant stands...

The Fifth page has the following:

First day

I got a job delivering some packages. It was good money. Found several areas to hide in case.

I wandered out of the city walls. Its prettier than Luskan but I just gotta see trees again.

Got lost in the woods. Met an elf named Kodi in the ranger's place in the Bramble woods... Forgot the name cuz I was knocked unconscious by some huge beetles.

Iwoke up in the Captains ship. He scolded me. I told him its a good thing death ain permanent in Cordor.

Went to have a rest ath The Nomad Inn, and I witnessed a very drunken and vicious half-orc murder some skinny elf .
Halforc's name is ZugZug. He carries a double handed axe. Wears leather. Really vicious hard-hitter that one. But very dumb. He had the audacity to announce his name. He is my first mark here in Cordor. I read that the guard is offering 100,000 gold pieces for his head. I need that gold. I gotta find me some friends for help.

It's already began. Met two hins, Lucky and Drano, and a man named, Alrik. Went to the goddamned sewers with them - the price I pay for friendships.... I didnt do much of the fighting the two hins were good with disposing of these rats. Cordor has some giant rat problem. I found one mutated rat as big as a goddamned panther.

We cleaned out the Sewer Rat Gang too. The hins wanted to apply for memberships but these brigands didnt want to talk. So they all died. Well good riddance.

i gotta sleep then gonna train hard. I will need to be stronger and get better equipment if I want to get the head of this vicious half-orc.
Last edited by Zaravella on Thu Apr 12, 2018 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zaravella
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Re: Zaravella's Notes

Post by Zaravella » Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:01 pm

The Sixth page has several charcoal drawings, one of a winged kobold, a lizard-like creature and small, and probably innacurate map of the Iron mines.

The Seventh page is a full page drawing of the skeleton of a huge lizard or a dragon in a sleeping position, it is in the middle of what seems to be an altar with torches. Then these words:
Died of old age? Aren't dragons immortal? Was it killed? But who or what? It's in a temple under the Iron mines.
The Eight page read like this:
Iron mines was a bit of an adventure. Went there with Lucky, a man named Gerin and a half-orc named Grunosk.

Gerin - from Waterdeep, worst accent ever, could hardly understand this one when he speaks, a shoe-shiner by trade, uses a light cross bow in battle. Can not do face to face combat for the life of him. Funny. Saw him shining some guy's boots in the middle of the square...even funnier.

Grunosk - half-orc, monk? punches really hard, does not use weapons in battle. Well spoken for a half-orc.

Lucky Lightfoot - lickpicking, pickpocketing too probably, trap disabling lil hin, and probably can not trust this one. I remember Zugzug offering him and several patrons some drinks after the half-orc incident at The Nomad. He didn't seem bothered by the incident. Also, he played a trick, locked me Gerin and Grunosk in one of the treasure rooms at the bottom floor of the Iron mines. He just went to my list.... 2nd mark. But I dunno what yet to do with this one....

Skinny-Elf, mage? - recognized the elf that ZugZug killed. It's a good thing Kelemvor let's us go back through wall after we passed on... else I'd never have had this conversation. Spoke to him a bit hurriedly, told him of my interest in bringing the head of the half-orc. Hope he helps in some kind of way. I didn't want Lucky to hear I the cknversation. Can not trust the hin...

Devon - a kind mage who showed me the location of the coal mines, and offered some wards. First time I've accepted wards from any finger-wagglers... I should stop calling them that, mages probably do not like that, haha! I imagine befriending a few of them would be useful for a brute such as myself... it did help his wards.

More training, hope I can get more sleep, nightmares are slowly fading. Able to sleep more ... especially after training.

More training tomorrow. No more drinking liquor, makes me disoriented and feel like crap in the morn...

Zaravella
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by Zaravella » Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:37 pm

Ninth Page seems to be written in charcoal.

Went to the Crypt. It was not a not a successful undertaking. Avoid it at all cost for now. The creature - a mutated animal - I don’t want to think about it anymore. It kept haunting my mind. Had to look for help at Winter's Rest Medical Center. Met Lacroix there one of their staff. He was the only one there. He said he was not a cleric and he could not remove the curse… I told him about the creature. I fell asleep there. There is some kind of peace there.

Woke up to commotion from across the hall. There was an injured man that needed attention of the doctor, a woman. She says she was Lacroix's fiancé. I didn’t get her name… I must come back and talk to her… when she is not busy. I said my thanks and off I went again.

I cannot stop training. I'm buying more supplies. I'm going to the Iron mines and study that skeletal dragon more closely.

Tenth and eleventh Page has a more detailed sketch of the iron mines. Some erasures, and corrections, with arrows leading towards the deeper levels.

Twelfth page has the following writings:
Iron mines earlier today, by myself. Bad decision. Was able to go through everything in that cave except for him… how do I defeat him? A male dragonkin, humanoid, red wings, spell caster. He fell me.

Kelemvor may be tired of seeing my face in his domain.

This time I went through it better. I went to The Nomad and rested in one of the rooms. It must have been 12 hours that passed. I still feel bad.

Gonna go get myself a big meal, maybe that is what I need.
Thirteenth page has a list:

-Roasted mutton leg
-Bowl of today's mixed vegetable with gravy
-Bowl of rice porridge
-Bowl of mixed fruits
-One meat pie

My feast was perfect, it reminded me of how my father used to cook…

Met Ezekiel and Xun'Sali today. They were at the Nomad bar talking and they welcomed me.

Ezekiel - is a cleric, but I forgot which god he follows. He is a very knowledgeable man. Good-hearted. Accompanied me to the Bramble woods and casted some warding spells. The spells lasted the entire time I went through the goblinoid fortress and all the way til I return back to Cordor…

Xun'Sali - is a mage, saw her take down gelatinous cube that has escaped the sewer a few days back. I finally had a decent and long conversation with this one, and dare I say I made two new friends. She gave me a wand of stone skin. I have not used it… I wouldn’t know how to, at least not yet. It is very precious. I have bought a wand case just for it.
Fourteenth page has a sketch of a ring, and the hand of Tymora.

Gerin gave me a ring he said he found in the sewers. It has magical properties. Some kind of armor protection. Told me about his goddess Tymora, Lady Luck. I owe her probably everything. Gerin showed me the statue above the Nomad where I can pay my thanks to her. I kissed the hand-statue, and it felt very pleasant. Ive never kissed a statue of a god before this, not even of my own god, Tempus.

Bought a book about Tymora from that grumpy scribe at the Mercantile Building… to learn more about her…

Fifteenth page has a sketch of a woman's face with barkskin, and leaves all around her.

Some stranger, I met in Bramble woods today. He came from that portal there that Hobgoblins like to camp in. He said he liked my technique - with the sword probably - he saw me kill a few hobgoblins. But he said I need to learn how to dodge…

Why dodge, I train my body to accept hard blows… I want to get used to it. He casted a Barkskin spell from a scroll on me. It felt a bit odd. I was able to camouflage with the trees and the additional armor helped.

He said his name was Vicho…

Zaravella
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by Zaravella » Fri Apr 13, 2018 5:25 pm

Sixteenth page:
Went back to the iron mines again by myself. This time I'm successful. But in my way out I found a body of a man. I saw Gerin there too and a man named Feign. Agreed to take the body to the undertaker before this guy gets to be kobold dinner.

Next day, after a good rest and a good meal I decided to go to the swamps...

Was lost in the woods, good thing a few folks directed me to the right place. The Lowland Swamps is West of Farmlands... the instructions in the writ was not very clearly written...

Went there and decided to get a pack horse for my supplies case I get stranded. This horse was a high-strung one.. kept neighing at every damned thing. Threw me off of her back a few times.

I killed the Queen of the Bullywags - these green lizard-like or frog-like creatures that live in the swamps. Put a dent to the population too - more than the writ job required.

When I came back to The Nomad... that's where trouble started. Some fat orc or a half-orc started salivating for my horse. Granted the horse was stupid... but it ain't right to let some hungry orc just tear her apart for dinner.

Orc came after me as well. Some mage casted concealed on me and.... I rode the horse to safety. She is concealed with a spell and i left her inside the lodge. Very rarely do people go in there so, I hid her there for now. I'll just pay the old woman some more gold for keeping her...

Short story.. I got me a$# handed to me by that orc. Weird that no one, save for Ezekiel helped me...

Some dumb elf was defending the orc too. Imagine that. She even befriended some poor dire-badger and lead it towards the orc-beast for it to eat... What kind of elf druid was that? I gotta find out what the f%^$ she really is, she may be a drow.... pretending to be an elf.

While the orc was tearing through the badger, and we were standing there... the orc started in to hit me in his rage or ecstasy of eating a dire badger. All I saw was the blood red rage and I went for it.... sword and shield in hand... I blacked-out.

Next thing I know there was a flash of light. I'm standing there as Ezekiel casted a spell upon me...healing me...? Or, did I get raised...?

He prevented me from crossing into Kelemvor's realm. I'm thankful that the Horde diplomat saw the whole thing. He stopped the fight...

He interviewed me at The Nomad after he took the half-orc with him... to leave the area. I went into The Nomad with Ezekiel to nurse my down-throdden ego...

The orc diplomat is an imposing half-orc, relatively calm. He asked us what happened. Quite a bit rudely, by the way. We told him everything. I also told him about his other, kin who was causing trouble all around Cordor, ZugZug.

He made an excuse about a problem that orcs have about rage. Really? That is all?? Then he left, I wanted to curse him out but I don't feel like going into another fight after loosing one.

Plus this one is an official of some sorts. And, I'm new here. I don't wanna start mouthing off again to government officials. That got me in trouble back in Luskan a few times..

There has got to be some lesson here...

In any case I'm here swimming somewhere in Bramble woods. I found a nice swimming spot. And later I'll visit the rangers and cook some stew.... Relaxing time.

Zaravella
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by Zaravella » Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:27 am

17th page is written in blood red ink...

Went to the Iron mines with Ezekiel. Cleaned house very quickly, including the half-dragon at the temple below, who gave me trouble, at a previous encounter.

It really does help to have a cleric by your side. Especially a trust-worthy Tyrran like Ezekiel. Today is the first time I've witnessed the true power of Hammer of the Gods. It is a spell the clergy has and it can blind, disorient and deafen multiple enemies in a split second. If is what ultimately defeated the half-dragon. I found it easier to dispose of him this time...

Also, I met a very friendly elf, her name was Alraunde. She was going to show me Myon when I received the speedy messenger from Gerin - he wanted a sit down talk. My expedition to Myon has been postponed, for now.

Interesting talk with Gerin. IAdmittedly I could barely understand his Waterdhavian accent but I think he wanted to train me? Or put me as his apprentice? I have no idea what he thought I wanted to be. He told me I could ine day be a sword master of Cordor under Tymora's blessing. That was a funny, red flag.

If I wanted to bring attention to myself too much I'd hold an office. Plus, me, a sword master, of Cordor? Hilarious. I could barely control my horse. I still find my bastard sword too heavy to swing, and my armor is slowly becoming un-usable because of its many dents. I definitely do not look like a swords woman.

Also, if by some grand stroke of luck that I do become a swords master, why would I want to dedicate that glory to Tymora? Luck will have very little to do with my becoming one...

I put my body through rigorous training, until my blood draws from the wounds... I am amazed I still stand sometimes. It is to Tempus that I will dedicate that honor to. The Foehammer, he is the greater deity of war. The Red Knight - patron of this city of Cordor, serves Tempus. She is an unknown warrior, who have become the Foehammer's exarch. I do not know why this city put Tempus ok n the pedestal instead of the unknown Red Knight. It should be Tempus, he is the only one out of the many gods, who saves me from Kelemvor's wall...

He has shown himself to me in many different occasions during my training raids. At the Cordor Crypt, he was the one who blocked the undead and put me in a sanctuary so that I may recover from being fallen. He appeared to me in the iron mines when Ezekiel casted hammer of the gods, it is him I saw in the light. He grants divine favors, enchantment boons that make me feel like I am, an army.

He appeared to me when I was taking a walk in the Farmlands. He told me that I needed to know the lay of the land, of these isles. That there are things he needed to show me...

Tomorrow I start that quest, I will travel and uncover the rest of this land. For now, rest. I feel a storm coming.

Last edited by Zaravella on Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zaravella
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by Zaravella » Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:54 pm

18th page is in charcoal, and it has a sketch of a forest, and the logging town of Guldorand as seen through it's gate if you stood beside the caravan.

Guldorand is a lovely logging town in the forests. i found it while riding my horse, lost in the wilderness of the lowland swamps. I should be lucky to live there... one day.

Page 19th is another charcoal sketch outside of The Nomad Inn, two half-orcs, several humans and elves talking along the road, quite a detailed sketch that span the whole page. A red X on one of the individuals drawn.

Page 20

Had a dinner at The Nomad, a big one too. By chance I met the Chef and owner as well, the one responsible for my feeling good. She said she does individual orders. I shall take her up on it, her name was Shea. I will need provisions when I go to Crow's Nest. Its a far ship voyage and Id be damned if I have to eat rats for breakfast lunch, second lunch, dinner, supper and midnight snack. I will go insane if I do that.

Outside of the Inn when I finished that heavenly feast, there was a bit of commotion. Apparently the newly formed orc settlement is being attacked by various individuals. The guard sentenced one who is called Wallace to something like oath imprisonment - whatever the F$%^ that means. Back in Luskan if they caught you ransacking an orc settlement they will give you honors and people will see you as some kind of hero.

I found out the name of the orc I had a scuffle with - it was Grom'gar. Lucky told me his name - resourceful little hin, that. It is the same orc that has been causing trouble all over Cordor Lucky also told me this same orc had attacked him - this just put him on top of my list.... above Zugzug. Odd two orcs on my very short list, I thought it would be werewolves, or vampires, or the drows I kept hearing about.

Lucky Lightfoot - this one has endeared himself to me as a friend. I wouldn't admit it in front him but I do see him that way. As such his name has been omitted off of the list. I helped him with his writ job at the Old Archives killing spiders the other day. It was a breeze now for me. The light enchanted pendant and my new steel bastard sword made it so much easier to cut through all the webbing, and of course, the overgrown spiders that lived down there. Im glad I went with him, I know he wouldn't have been able to managed surviving that...

Page 21 has a sketch of the ocean, an alcove on a beach,, with a campire.

~

When I visited The Crow's Nest just to get a feel of the place, I found Grom'gar standing over a bloodied woman, a tray by he body and him grinning at me as I stood on the doorway. Several furniture are broken and the other people are on the far side of the inn to avoid this carnage. I turned back running outside into the docks, I reached for the potion bottle in my pocket - one that Ezekiel gave me. Drank it and it made me invisible. And then I dived into the water to swim as far as I can away from the ships.

I came to a beach, away from harm and the busy docks. It is quite peaceful here, not a soul around. It is a good thing I carry a leather bag that can withstand swimming in the sea. Several of my papers got wet though, I had to dry it in the sand. I liked that area around the Crow's Nest. The warmth, the sands... Spent several hours just resting there, eating some roasted meats that I have packed and swimming. I should do this more often.

Page 22 has the sketch of the Bank of Cordor, and the alleyway beside it.

Odd meeting with Gerin in the alley beside the bank. He seems nervous and I asked him what was going on why the guards and several members of the Horde were running about looking for someone. He is suspiciously scared... he said he may have something to do with this commotion and I left him alone. I wouldn't wanna be seen with him in case they did catch him.

~

I was able to have a bit more talk with the leader of this newly forming faction of orcs and ogogs, Mudagog. The same one who stopped my fight with Grom'gar last week. He claimed that many orcs who are causing trouble in Cordor are not a member of his Horde. He also showed me their distinct helm and great swords - as a method of how to tell which ones are members of the Horde or not. This one is indeed different from the other orcs Ive met - even though he can be rude, and rash, I tolerate this one.

~

Met a member of the guard, and probably the most amicable one i have met so far. Henrik and i forgot his last name, Dustenis? Dustermis? He was hurt during an altercation in the Horde settlement. He says, it was a good thing he was a guard otherwise he would have looked for retribution. This is why I do not ever imagine being a member of that guard or any office in Cordor - you are restricted in so many ways - one would be unable to exact vengeance and retaliation. I wouldnt have the freedoms I enjoy the most.

Page 23 has a sketch of a man in a long coat.

Vicho showed up again after so many days. He warned me that Grom'gar was in the Inn and it would be best for me not to go there, he told me this because he says he is a nice guy. I daresay he cares. I appreciated that. Wish Id see him more, and get to know him better. Lucky said, among the guys I hang-out with, he likes Vicho the best. Me too Lucky, me too... I wish I had time to hang-out though.

I want more time at the beach, less strife... My days are lived trying to avoid orcs, training, exploring and sleeping. I do fancy a peaceful life of just relaxing in The Nomad, drinking, eating, and spending time with those whom Im delighted with... but... such is my life in the service of Tempus.

I should never stop improving my skills, and always be vigilant in ensuring that my strength in the battlefield does not fade.

Vicho warned not to cross Grom'gar for now. And yes I do avoid the orc for now that my training is not complete, especially now that I have reduced my steel plates into something akin to metal scraps for armor.

I should buy a new one by now, maybe check out the shops...

Zaravella
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by Zaravella » Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:56 am

The next pages of the book were torn, a thick portion of it. There are no loose pages that came with this book just a gap.

A thorough search for these lost pages inside the room in The Nomad where this notebook was found, would produce nothing.

The next pages are mostly drawings, and very little words.

One page is just an abstract sketch of what seems to be a beach, and it has some watermarks.

Next page has the sketch of two women in front of The Nomad - one playing a mandolin and the other standing beside her, has a great sword on her back. Two words under it Raquel and Elly..

Flip to the next page: another sketch of two women entering The Garden of Respite in Sibayad, and the words "Two of the three Fordragon sisters - showed them the garden."

Next one is a sketch of Captain Lauric on his boat.

Next page is a sketch of The Nomad Inn balcony, with a man sitting on a chair in one corner, an elf girl with a staff standing by the door, and a woman dressed in loin cloth standing in the opposite corner as the man. "Days like these are heaven, and rare, when I can spend a peaceful time with friends..."

The next, a sketch of an arm, with the tattoo of a sword that is on fire. The tip is pointed to the wrist, the palm is open and a ball of fire is above the open palm. It has a caption: "Vicho said I should be careful who I show my tattoos to, because I can be mistaken for a pirate. I told him it is the insignia of Tempus, not a pirate mark, and it should be a recognizable symbol to most people."

Then, next two whole pages, of a sketch: four persons, sitting on the table in front of The Nomad, at night. A man, a woman, an elf woman and a male halfling. It has this caption: "Relaxing at the Inn with Vicho, Unia and Lucky."

Next page is a sketch of three figures: a fat orc, who seems to be standing in front of a man and a woman standing beside the man. "Grom'gar went to the balcony... no fights ensued. Able to control myself."

The next page is the sketch of the Sibayad market. A tall woman is standing beside the jeweler, and a goblin in front of her, holding up a doll. "Karma, the first literate goblin I've met who isn't trying to kill me. Sold me a doll that has belladonna stuffing in it. Karma is a monk, told her/him to avoid Cordor, no idea how to tell the gender of goblins... must ask someone..."

The next page is a poem...

Zaravella
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by Zaravella » Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:56 pm

P. 97 has a sketch of the entrance to the Cordor arena

Xun’sali introduced me to her friend Saethe Spellsurge. They were coming out of the arena. He seems to be back from leaving the lands… or death. I heard some rumors after that last election that he may have killed himself, or he left for good. Well I am glad I met him, I have read his name far too often on the boards, I finally have the face to connect with the big name…

~

I met a lost half-orc today. I was getting ready to go to the Bloodmoon Fort and he was walking on the Trade Route. He looked very distressed, he said he felt ill. Normally I would not care. Especially when I am busy fulfilling my training. But there is something about Dank – probably his kind face, and he looked like he really needed some help. I was especially kind that day, perhaps. So I helped him. What madness is this?

So after asking a few question I found out maybe he was just hungry. He said he only ate berries and nuts and some water from the well. I offered him some of my food from my pack horse that I just bought from the Nomad Inn. He seemed to like the quiche, and I offered him a huge bottle of water. He felt better instantly. You could tell he is a young one that needs some guidance, perhaps I should approach a member of The Horde and maybe they can put him under their wings.

Page 98 has a sketch of the Cordor Meeting Hall second floor.

Saethe took me to the meeting hall, the second floor, in the Government District where I can finally get my official citizenship to Cordor approved. I just had to pay ten thousand gold. It was a dent to my bank account but I imagine there will be benefits.

Page 99 has a sketch of a woman, walking along the Trade Route, and a man dressed in blue and silver with blindfold over his head, walking behind her. The woman seems to be crying.

Today, I may have gotten myself in trouble with the Codor Guard. Great, this is the last thing I need… I found a guard escorting a crying lady from the cultural district. She asked for help. So the fool that I am thought maybe Id help… Apparently he says the lady is a necromancer who summoned a zombie and there were witnesses. She said it was her husband, and she had failed to heal him so he just walks around in that rotten corpse.

I don’t even want to know about how and why. All I see is a distraught woman. Clearly she is not fit of mind. And this guard is just setting her out to the mercy of monsters outside of the protection of these city walls. So I followed her, all the way to The Arcane Tower... just to escort her, make sure she arrives there safely. That guard says he will be writing a report and my name will be in it and I would get an interview.

For what? I asked him - this guards name is Leon Griffith by the way - if he ever saw my report about Grom’gar, the orc who attacked me, and harassed me several times. He said something like… "I can not read, and another guard of higher rank will look into that other matter". He has a blindfold over his eyes. He is blind. Yet he was sure the lady was a necromancer?

Zaravella
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by Zaravella » Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:04 am

Page 100 seems to be written in red.

Found Dank again on the road by the Inn he seems to be bleeding. I offered some bandages. He allowed me to bsndagevhus wounds - it seemed to relieve him.

He is very industrious, he has completed his tasks for the week… because he complained that the Agent in The Nomad refuses to give him any more jobs. I am impressed at his dedication as a warrior.

Page 101 has a sketch of a green steel bastard sword, with the name Zaravella etched on it's hilt.

Zaravella Fynn of Tempus, 1st degree Weapon Master, Order of the Steel Fang. I can finally say that as my official name in all my correspondence with my order. I send occasional reports about these isles and my training progress to my mentor . Sketches of the land, the citizens I met, and any major political events.

I bought myself a present today, a green steel bastard sword. I had met another Tempurran, besides Saethe that is. His name is Caige Rirde, he is the artisan who made my sword. His shop is located between the Arena and the Cordor Bank in the Cultural District.

Had a long talk with Mudagog in front of The Nomad. He saw me opening my newly made green steel sword from its package and he wanted to see it. I know he is a warrior so I did show him the sword. He said his kin calls it Hellsteel,and that I should make sure I can control it before I face my foes with it... he seems interested in finding out some things about me, it may be a long shot but I did tell him something about my training as a weapon master. Gerin had told me a few days ago that he was asking around about me. I am glad to have this conversation with him - free of strife and conflict or official bussiness. Just two warriors, comparing notes.
Last edited by Zaravella on Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:28 am, edited 2 times in total.

Zaravella
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by Zaravella » Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:13 am

Page 102 has a sketch of a man in colorful clothing, standing by the bridge toll, that leads into Cordor

Met a new adventurer, Zane Mesid, today. He was running away from a pack of goblins, a dire badger, and several Hobgoblins. He had stopped, fought them and I thought he could handle the once who have followed me down the path in the Trade Route... Upon reaching the bridge and turning the lever to open the gate I saw him run past me screaming " ARE YOU MAD, WOMAN?"

I answered, yes. At times I can be.

I looked back seeing the hell he ran from - goblins, dire badgers, hobgoblins et cetera. I made clean cut through them with my new bastard sword. And I apologized to him for summoning such a horde. I didnt know he would run... But he was grateful that I had helped him dispatch that pack of monsters that stalked him.

I told him, it is a good thing that Kelemvor allows us to return from the wall when we have fallen into death.

He says I am indeed a mad woman, and I just grinned , "I told you so"

I dont ever remember any days when dire badgers or goblins were a huge problem for me... even on my first day here in the isles.

Zaravella
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by Zaravella » Fri Apr 27, 2018 4:44 am

Page 103 is written in black ink, in fine script.

Why is that I'm always uncomfortable when around government officials or guards? I have one of two reactions: shyness or disdain. Never in between. Never calm... til now, upon meeting Sir Berenor Silver-Wind.

I was sitting at that writing desk at The Nomad. Place was empty save for the late night stragglers coming from their travels. I didnt even notice he sat there at the big round table with all his papers. Our backs were at each other.

I was writing to my Order, asking why they have not responded to me. It was my fifth letter of report. I also have not spoken to my mentor since I set foot in these isles. But the gold kept coming in my bank account always the exact 1000 gold pieces every month. And, it never changes like before. It used to be that my salary doubles or sometimes it halves depending on the war plunder or events that the Order is involved in. But now it is a steady rate of a thousand - like Im stuck in a limbo here. I've also not received any news about the Order. I am without a mentor, and without communication.

Back to Sir Berenor... he heard my silent cry when I discovered my wrist starting to hurt as I write my letter. I was almost finished writing, I didnt want to stop, my memory is not the best so I made it a habit to write. He introduced himself and when he stood from his chair,
I saw a glimpse of the papers on his table - my name probably is in some of it...

He asked what was wrong. I said I probably took a bad dart to my wrist, on my sword hand. A Malarite had thrown something at it to try to knock my sword out. It still aches even after the healing ointments and bandages.

He offered to help, and I accepted. I took off the bandage and showed him. I don't know why I did this. I normally do not show my wounds to a stranger. Just something about him I know I could trust. He casted a healing spell... it fixed my wrist. He said only a small scar will form. We went back to our chairs, sitting with our backs to each other.

Silence.

The rest of the evening went quiet. I did not say a word after, neither did he. I had finished my letter long before. And I just sat there in his presence, drinking my water, thinking, in silence.

After a while, I just wandered off to my room to sleep.. to let him read the stack of papers - probably reports about my activities...

Embarrassing...

I'd never be comfortable around knights.. and why do they keep calling me "Lady"... I'm no lady.

Last edited by Zaravella on Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:22 am, edited 4 times in total.

Zaravella
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by Zaravella » Fri Apr 27, 2018 4:57 am

Page 104 is has a sketch of the desert Orcland camp near Sibayad

Saethe took me to the orclands with his friend Deidrich today. Ive never been so scared in a raid before...

These orcs hit hard. I found myself thrown across the sand, more than a few times. Saethe insisted on taking most of the blows that were intended for me - shielded me along the way. That man is a machine...

I knew I'm not supposed to be there. The writ job was not yet available to me and Agent Fiarcha at the Crow's Nest refused to release it to me. Stubborn oak that I am, I still went with them...

I probably did, because I wanted to see what kind of a warrior is Saethe. Or maybe to get rare treasures? Ive also been curious about these orcs in the dessert - Ive heard Vicho complain about them more than a few times. By the way.. where the hell is Vicho?

Saethe and I have similarities in the way we fight... it's almost uncanny. Just that, he is more seasoned than I am. Well that just cements my resolve to be more disciplined in my training... maybe take shorter day breaks in between. Less time at the beach...

After Deidrich's writ job has been completed, we headed back. I may need a new mithril armor....

I decided to show Saethe my sanctuary in the dessert - The Garden of Respite. It is near, and in the way back to Cordor.

Zaravella
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by Zaravella » Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:28 pm

Page 105 is written in ink, scripted haphazardly...

A nightmare haunted my sleep. What seems to be jumbled memories of the dessert orc camp. I was alone, and there is a ghost, or a mist in front of me leading my way. But for some reason the place is empty...

A flash came, lost in the woods... the glow of greensteel is the only thing that guided me in the night. I came upon a ruined settlement, it looked familiar - Wharftown. The main gate opened, and the mist is there, I was to follow it it did not move to my right there is a sign... it is a settlement of some sort... "The Horde".

The mist formed into a shape of a man, walking towards me... he bellowed...

"GET UP, THEY ARE WEAKER, WARBRINGER. STRIKE WHILE THE IRON'S HOT!"

"GET UP, ZARAVELLA! NOW LASS...!"

I woke up and there is someone inside my room at The Nomad... the glow of my sword casted a huge shadow. And I jumped out of my bed to lunge at the intruder, but he was fast, and he is gone.

Did someone just try to kill me...?

I ran down the hallway, nothing, it is empty save for Rory. I asked her if she saw something run out. She shook her head. She said it has been empty.

What... just happened...?

Zaravella
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by Zaravella » Mon May 07, 2018 3:18 pm

Next page is a sketch of Eirik Skuring standing in front of the altar of Tempus, in The Red Knight Temple, in Cordor.

And the words:
Eirik Skuring, Warrior of Tempus, First Axe of Guldorand. He recruited me to be a Housecarl of Axehold - they are both guard and army that protects Guldorand. A quaint lovely city in the mountains. Will meet him in Bendir tonight. I packed already. No more sleeping in The Nomad.. perhaps the nightmares will stop.

~*~

Next one is a sketch of Derristan and Evana inside the Axehold. Both are in training clothes.
Learning how to arrest criminals in Guldorand. I am too heavy handed... I must remember to stop and not end anyone's life... Questioning a criminal is better. Must remember that. Tempus help me...
~*~

Next one is a full two page colored painting of the portal at Weatherstone, with two armored figures one carrying a great sword, the other a shield and a bastard sword
It was a lovely night with him... no more nightmares.
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/ukSx2 ... 66-h647-rw

~*~

The next page is a full sketch of Saethe Spellsurge, in charcoal, detailed of his face and his armor. He seems to be standing beside a bare altar, a smile on his face. And the words:
"See you sometime in Warrior's Rest, Saethe. You've done enough. Thank you for being a friend and mentor. Gonna finish my mission..."

~*~

Few pages next are notes and names of several people, and events, short notes like who won the election in Cordor, who leads Guldorand, Brogenstein, A partial sketch of the underdark, locations of several portals on the surface, sketch of the Weatherstone near Guldorand.

Zaravella
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by Zaravella » Thu May 10, 2018 5:55 am

The next pages seemed to be another set of book. The paper is finer, and they're written in ink, in calligraphic letters.

Been training everyday with Eirik. He told me to stop calling him “Sir” all the time – it took a while for me to call him by his first name. In the battlefield or when we are with others, he said, “First Axe” title is fine....

He took me around the town to familiarize myself. I have only been here once and I havent gotten the lay of the land clear as yet. He also took me to the many portals around Guldorand, for easy traveling. I learned how to use a lens properly. I had no idea that you can use a lens without a portal to escape danger. Do you know how many scuffles I would have avoided? How many trips to Kelemvor’s wall I would have evaded?

I guess this is why I am in training. I realize that there is so much still I do not know about this land. And, I am glad he is mentoring me.

He also gave me a lot of gold - too much as a matter of fact, that now I do not have to about my finances any more. I can focus more on training.

I bought my citizenship in Guldorand. I have always wanted to live here!!!

He gave me a quarter on the second floor of the Axehold. A very nice room to sleep in and store my things. He said it was his old room. It has many books. I love that he reads too, like me....

And do you know what is really lovely about living in Guldorand? My friend Ezekiel Klennald lives across the hall from me! I am truly in heaven.

Have to sleep now... More training tomorrow. He said he is going to take me to hell, to train. Was he talking about Baator? We shall see.

I've been there... it wasn't pretty.

Zaravella
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by Zaravella » Mon May 14, 2018 3:51 am

Next page has a sketch of two men, and a goblin standing at the entrance of the Sibayad Town Market

Karma has been harassed by some paladins at the Radiant Heart. Igogh, Eirik and I had visited his home in Minmir and it looked like a storm ransacked the place.

Why would shining-armored golden paladins would do such a thing to someone who is just, like us, trying to get by, living in this life - in a world where everyone view you with hatred because of what your kin has done.

I am glad Karma have found his sanctuary in Sibayad. I even met Karma's legal advocate, a man named Cedrick Montovan, and his associate Hamilton Hayes. Both kind-hearted (and good-looking) men.

The next day I posted in their public boards, that I pledged my sword to Cedrick Montavan, as a gratitude since I could not help Karma in this problem, I shall repay it in some other way to them.

Ahhh... Sibayad... I love it's beautiful people, with kind warm hearts.

The next page has the sketch of Sune Firehair's insignia and on top in n bold words "Sune's Curse"

If I wasnt sure I was cursed by Sune Firehair before, now my suspicion has been proven true. I've never been lucky in that part of my life.. but, thankfully I'm just celebrating my 20th winters, thus far, so I may have time to remedy this damned curse.

I was sure I was cursed by Lady Firehair when I fell for my commander, the First Axe, Eirik Skuring. I knew he was engaged to a Sunite paladin named Aligonda. That really didnt stop him from kissing me, that night at the Weatherstone. And why in the red dragon's arse should I find myself kissing him back?

I should have pushed him off of that cliff really.... I probably would have been better off right now.

You know, I didnt expect to be able to steal a Sunite paladin's betrothed. But it happened. Hell I didnt expect him to even give me one side-glance.

Compared to me, that woman is so beautiful... if I was in his boots I definately would not look any other way. Just look at her, for Firehair's sake.

I went with the flow of things. I agreed to see him in secrecy. I hurt every time I see them together, especially when she kissed him. It was unbearable.

I told him about my feelings. And you know what happened.... ? Yhe next tenday he ended his relationship with Aligonda. I was sure, am cursed...

Part of the reason why I went with this relationship (if you can call it that) is that, I wanted to prove something. That I can do it: I can steal a beautiful woman's lover. It is a fine feather for my horrible hat.

That is why I agreed to be in that twisted love-affair with him, behind her back. I regret all of it now. I didn't want to hurt anyone... not her especially.

Zeke was right: if Eirik could cheat on Aligonda what makes me think he won't cheat on me?

I should have listened to my wise friend. But such is life. I always had to learn things hard way.... and this learning exercise really put a dent to my armor so deep, that it may be irreversible.

What makes me think this was love? Even if he professed it. Even if he said I made him mad with love - I have no idea what that word even means.

I at least know it is different from lust. And I think that was it. It was just lust....

Love is too lofty and too mythical. People probably lie when they say they "love" - because they have no idea, not a drop of idea, what it really is.

And why do I hurt now that the relationship is finally over? I should be relieved, the curse may lift now. I want it to stop hurting in my chest everytime I think of him.

And I hope someday I'd find out...what love is. But for now, as Derristan advised, I should focus on myself and on my training in order to get better in the battlefield.

Because, really, what will be the use of this "love" if you would fall so easily on your enemy's sword?

The next page had the sketch of the Logjam in guldorand, with the Speedy messenger in front of it.

My first trek into Baator was mediocre, it was not bad. This second time with Eirik, Derristan and Evana is .... horrendous for me. But it is not nearly as horrendous as my very first morning as a Housecarl when I was awoken with a Speedy message from Eirik that I must come in front of the Logjam because it is important.

I thought it was just going to be a morning exercise, to get to know my fellow Housecarls... No. It wasnt. We were gearing up for war.

It is a good thing that I had brand new Mithril armor and Bastard Sword... the night before. And I had laced my armor with the required burgundy color. Im very handy with tailoring and adjusting the fit of my armor to match my body. That benefitted me... that day. I didnt look like a completely dumb scrub.

I remember that day, I saw Ezekiel Klennald - Zeke -for the very first time again, in almost a year. I was comforted that he is a Housecarl - I will be fightungvwars on his side. He is a very competent and fierce battlepriest of Tyr. Sometimes I think he is scarier in the battlefield than my old mentor, in Steel Fang... I know then, when I saw him, that I was ready for war. Hello again old friend...!

That day was also the first time I have ever met, Derristan Barley - who would become one of my closest friends at the Axehold. He is like an older brother to me

Eirik Skuring was busy talking with a lot of people, in Speedy messenger service to gather everyone in front of the Logjam. I was very intimidated, but I tried not to show it. I have been a scrub before, I can take orders just fine. I know the drill... but I have .. never... in my life been thrown into war on my first day as a soldier. There were no orientation? I knew then that this is gonna be a tough position I have taken in the Axehold. Leadership of this army could, definitely, be improved.

Not that I am not ready for a fight. I was. I try to be, always. I just didnt expect to go into a raid to face drows in the Arcane Tower... you know on that day, so long ago, I have never seen a drow yet. I have heard tales about them and I am scared to my core.

I remember praying to Tempus quietly in my mind, for him to see me, at least, a deserving warrior to enter Warrior's Rest if I did fall that day.

I remember sending a message to Saethe, for him to be there at The Arcane Tower. I know he won't want to miss this so I sent him word. This is where it gets horrendous.

Saethe went Guldorand, instead of towards the Arcane Tower. Or he went to the Arcane Tower already and decided to go up here in the mountains. I dont know. But he met up with the group preparing to storm The Arcane Tower. He seemed lost... That was the last time I have seen him face to face. He was trying to convince us to go down into the drows' lair, into the underdark and slay them. Madness.

I told him even if I wanted to do that, I can not, because I am under command of the First Axe of Guldorand - Eirik Skurung. Saethe didnt know I joined Axehold, and I knew he was very disappointed.

I would never see him again after that... The next tenday, the news of his death came. He was killed outside of Cordor and his body was dismembered and displayed in Andunor.... a horrendous end, undeserved end.

I think I fell to pieces that day. Unbelievable grief - not that I am not used to suffering grief. But because I didnt know my heart would rend. It was unexpected... Ive always considered grief a close friend of mine. Ever since the day I had lost both my parents. I was young still, and that experience prepared me for the worst that Faerun, or this life, can ever throw at me.

Grief, though tends to strengthen the heart. And envelope it in a cold armor....

That day ended with just minor incidents. The drow had left the tower in haste. I was glad there was not much bloodshed.

The next page is a full two-page sketch of Devon Blake, Marianne, Valendel and Adrian Solsthaim walking in the desert lands outside of sibayad.

Today was the easiest raid I have ever been in, inside the Orc Breeding camp outside of Sibayad.

Early morning while I'm just waking up and writing my reports a very annoying speedy came to me by someone named Adrian Solsthaim. I dont know who it was. The message asked me to join them in some sort of campaign. I turned it down because I am too busy. Another Speedy messenger came: "You can not refuse!".

I sent one message back, colorful with curses and threats.

That messenger sweated when I cursed. I must have been breathing fire.

So that was my morning. Mid-day I decided to take a walk into Sibayad to visit the oasis and maybe train in the sands.

That is where I saw this group gathered: Devon Blake (A mage, I've known him for a long time now in Cordor), Valendel (that very loud annoying but really charming in his own way, elf archer) and Adrian Solsthaim (another finger-waggler like Devon, who was unknown to me still at that moment) and Marianne ( a lady with horns in her head, who casts darkness.)

After all the introductions, I found out that it was Valendel who sent the second insolent message. The one which demanded that I cant refuse to show up. I almost scuffled with him.... I dont even know why I was angry that day. Maybe stress?

In any case, it was a lovely training day with all of them. I learnt the power of mages. I hardly lifted my sword, and I didnt even pick up any treasures or loot. It was me, walking easily through the orc breeding camp, while spells and arrows fly over my head and around my body to annihilate every single orc in sight. That amazing man, Adrian seems to have unlimited destructive magic.... .

I was learning about different kinds of spells, by observation, how darkness works, how it affects the enemy, what spells allow me to see in darkness. I also learned a bit about traps that awaited to ensnare us inside. We avoided most of them.... I needed that training. And I hope to go back again soon, with them, if I can.

Devon said he will arrange it for us to go again. I'm so glad.

Zaravella
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by Zaravella » Mon May 21, 2018 1:02 am

Next page is a sketch of a man sleeping on top of a cloak, on the floor of a boat-cabin. A woman is sleeping on the small bed beside him. He is facing the door as if guarding her.
The past few days have been exciting. He leased a boat and we sailed to the Red Dragon Isle so that my lens would be attuned to it's portal.

Why is he doing this...for me?

And why am I here, so enthralled..?

We have been friends for a few years now. Ever since my first days in the isles. I met him during my search for the coal mines, while doing a job for Agent Paxton.

Gods, I was so lost... til he found me. He offered to walk me to the location and then he gave me spell wards. From then on he has become a friend. But, we have never been this close...

Lately, we have been spending so many days.. and nights together. Sailing, walking through mountains forests, deserts; Cleaning the land of filth...

Upon our arrival on the Red Dragon Isle, we were greeted with a group of very vicious giants. I fought as best I can, and I remember fainting in exhaustion. He shape-shifted into a red dragon when I fell.. and he decimated the giants... I saw it as my vision blurs. I remember being alarmed. I thought this was my time to enter the Warrior's Rest. Hopeless. There was fire all around me, and his eyes, those eyes burned into my soul...

I woke up and he was looking at me, worried and caring. I was safe, he said. Nothing will hurt me as long as he is there... he will never leave.

He is an old soldier, retired from war. His time is spent leisurely, as far as I know. He would always introduce himself as a wanderer. He is more than that. I know this...

He is free to walk everywhere: Cordor, the plains, the forests, deserts, the underdark, even inside Andunor itself. I remember when he took me down there - few months ago. Nobody even asked us a question, nor bothered us.

What am I doing?

Am I ready for this....?

He had shown me his lair in the Arelith forests. I stay there now... A hidden cave - one with all the human comforts I could possibly need... or want. He had given me numerous very extravagant gifts. Enchanted jewelry and things.. A necklace, with a ruby heart and engraved chain: "You never have to steal my heart. I give it freely." He made it.

He wanted to make sure nothing would hurt me. My armor, shield, and my sword - all fully enchanted now, that when I wear it, I feel his embrace.

I have never worn diamond rings or ruby necklaces before. They are so alien to me. So precious. I hide them under my gloves and my shirt.. It would look so odd on me.... and I dont want pick-pockets to have me as a target.

I do not feel like I am worth all of this...

... And... why do I feel like I am the treasure hoard that he is guarding..?

Zaravella
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by Zaravella » Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:27 am

That above book was finished. It is somewhere in the Cordor Library, or The Nomad, or in possession of someone who had picked it up. This second book, leatherbound, with a purple dyed cloth cover. It is found inside one of the rooftop apartments at The Manzil in the desert island of Sibayad.

First page is a fine white paper, with dark ink calligraphy, and it reads:

Zaravella Fynn-Blake
Steel Fang of Tempus
Aegis Warlord Commander
Captain of the Timberfleet

Symbol of the Order of Steel Fang is on the second page.

Third page is a sketch of the Timberfleet, Free Ship Alara, docked in the Guldorand port.

Fourth page is a sketch of the private docks at Cordor.

Fifth page is a sketch of Skaljard Port.

Sixth page is a sketch of Devon Blake in his light purple robe, a prismatic dragonling, a silver dragonling and full sized prismatic dragon, background is the Sibayad lost desert.

Seventh page is a sketch of Karma, and the desert port near Sibayad.

Eight page has various letters, numbers, odd symbols. A keen eye would notice that it is a code breaker chart of some kind.

All of the next pages of this book seems to be only symbols. If the reader has high enough intelligence to decipher the words from the code breaker on eight page, it will read as follows:

It has been a struggle not to spill blood. I'm walking a tight rope of diplomacy and war in Guldorand. I dont want to be exiled but my patience is bei g tried by a loud-mouthed ugly woman who claimed to be a Sunite, Aligonda Evenwood.

She had threatened to shoot my husband, Devon, in front of the logjam. She was screaming orders at a Myon Sentinel named Arion. I intervened, and reasoned with the sentinel. Tactical retreat I whispered to myself, this is not defeat. Devon and I walked away without spilling anyone's blood.

The next few days, our names were put by Aligonda on the exiles and outlaws board. Her reason simply being that we acquired the Timberfleet ship and are maintaining her.

Our problems were solved when Ezekiel and Mayor Alice finally stepped in. Aligonda was stripped of her post as the Second Axe of The Shield - Guldorand's guard militia and she is suspended.

Glory to Tempus. War was won. My spoils, a warship, and peace as I hunt pirates.

I dedicate all of this to his name.

Zaravella
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by Zaravella » Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:13 am

Devon and I are working hard to keep the Timberfleet on her best condition. I made sure I tell all my friends and acquaintances across the islands that I now have an access to a vessel. A lot of ideas are thrown aroundand I've got great plans for this ship...

First time using the Captain's ship log, Devon wrote on it. I posted the Mayor's decree of handing me the operations of the ship in case I'm accused of being a pirate. I also have a copy of this decree on my person at all times.

Sailed to Skaljard today, to bring a friend there. I hope he finds peace finally....

Winter is near I had to sail back in haste towards Sibayad. I didnt want to get frozen and stuck in Skaljard.

I dont know yet if the Timberfleet could sail through icey waters and I'm not risking it. Also didnt tell a soul I'd sail there... if I had perished, not even Devon would know. Adventure... makes the blood flow.

It was fine. Got back home to Sibayad, safely. I will never get tired of the warmth. Sibayad is my retreat from the cold mountains around Guldorand.

Most friends, especially Derristan, warned me about Sibayad - that it isnt safe, because there are slavers, underdarkers, and all sorts of sinister entities.

I'm supposed to be scared. But truly, deep in my heart, I am not. Because I have faith Tempus' might and in my abilities to defend myself, and those who I love.

But, could this be too reckless of me?

I love living i Sibayad with Devon - at the rooftop of The Manzil. Luxurious, wide and beautiful space. We have a servant that cleans, attends to our food and beverage, and even can run to the bank if we need gold. There is a portal as well that connects to all ley-line points in Arelith.

Paradise.

Zaravella
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by Zaravella » Sat Jul 07, 2018 2:15 pm

Met Silcadiel Theinfalin outside of the Minex Mercantile headquarters. She is the half-sister of Alara Theinfalin, the one my ship, the Timberfleet/Free Ship Alara was named after. Both Devon and I vowed to Silcadiel that we will take care of the ship, to preserve her half-sister's memory. It seemed to comfort her, I am glad, and I'm glad she is a friend.

Meeting with Kazen Selizar and Emelina was enlightening. Our company, the Minex Mercantile has been going through a squall in a sea of trouble. Our leader, Rann McClow has been dismissed from his office, Cordor's Vice Chancellorship, because of a dire accusation by another member of Minex Mercantile, (now former member because she is rightfully dismissed from Minex) Wylaana, better known as "Dusty".

The things Rann was accused of is preposterous, and the fact that this particular elven woman did it, made it seem more and more of a lie. I told Kazen and Emelina I'm going to have words with Dusty, or at least get to the bottom of this accusation. But they say it's best to let the investigation go on untarnished because that is what Rann would want.

Also, this Wylaana elf woman, now lives in Adrian Solsthaim's mansion in Cordor. Something fishy about her, Adrian has been missing for almost a year now, without much of a warning or word to his friends. Devon and I have been looking for him, fearing the worst. Now all of a sudden a stranger elf woman is living in his mansion? Does she have anything to do with Adrian's disappearance? Does she know anything? Does she even know him or did she just happen to pick up the property when it was put up for sale by Cordor after Adrian havent showed up? Is she innocent? I'll find out...

The current magistrate, Roy Valiente, seized the Fool's Clover. My old stomping ground in Cordor. And now the Trade Minister Qasi owns it. How could a government exercise their power to just take someone's livelihood without just cause?

Thaddeus also has been going through strife and accused of being a spy for Vance Gravelle, by this same corrupted magistrate Roy Valiente.

Seems I need to have words with this new magistrate... Also, this feels a bit personal now. I can not seem to trust anyone in office at Cordor at the moment.

Devon and I slept in last night at the Minex Mercantile spare room upstairs, because we can not possibly sail back to Guldorand now, we shall spend a few days in Cordor.

Zaravella
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by Zaravella » Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:25 pm

This next page has watermarks; Were they drops of tears? Or salt water from the sea?

A small charcoal sketch of Lathander's insignia, dawn, sunrise is on top of the page.

And these words follow:

Fear not this night
You will not go astray
Though shadows fall
(Still the stars find their way)
Fear not this night
You will not go astray
Though shadows fall
(Still the stars find their way)
And you can always be strong
Lift your voice with the first light of dawn
Dawn's just a heartbeat away
Hope's just a sunrise away

Zaravella
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by Zaravella » Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:23 pm

Had to face a public investigation inside the Soulhaven Monastery of Guldorand. Mayor Alice wanted to inquire about the murder charges that apparently Aligonda Evenwood and Eirik Skuring have brought up against me.

I recalled to them the events of two years ago when the Renor plague came upon the lands. I mistakenly hauled four Cordorans whom I didnt know was sick with the plague. The doctors at Winter's Rest Medical Center in Cordor had not found a cure, yet. It would take them several weeks....

For days I watched these refugees and four of them came to be the worst. So I separated them from others, I made a makeshift tent at the back of the Axehold. I was a lowly scrub of a Housecarl back in those days, Eirik lead the Axehold and Derristan was one of the second in command officers.

The cure of the Renor plague was not found yet still when these four Cordorans started vomiting blood and have been too sick to even care for themselves. So to prevent the worst, and to prevent the spread of the plague in Guldorand. I had taken their lives away as painlessly as I can, and as honorable as I can.

What was I to do? It was my fault they came to Guldorand, it was my burden, alone. No ships were sailing towards Cordor because of the quarantine. I couldnt have brought them back...

Such a long time ago, the guilt was unbearable then and I only found support from Derristan and Sylrie. With what they can give, I needed so much more...

... I mostly bore the sleepless nights, and all the nightmares when I was able to sleep...

Recalling those memories have opened old wounds anew and even if I was exonerated by Mayor Alice of any wrongdoing, there was a rending in my soul again that needs to be healed... a darkness that needs to be contained.

I run to Devon's arms, as always. I cried like a child and he held me strongly in his arms. What would I ever do without his love? How fortunate am I to have him by my side now. That memory seems easier to bear now... somehow I am healing.

Zaravella
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by Zaravella » Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:54 am

Devon and I decided to sail away to a honeymoon we had never have. Well our marriage, was not official either, we just decided we would call each other husband and wife. We did not need a clergy, or any gods to pledge ourselves to each other. After so many years of being together, as friends, then, as lovers, we thought it is just natural that we just officially call it, that one evening in the mountains north of Brogendenstein, while hunting barbarians.

After all, there is no one in this world I trust with my life, only him. He is the only family I have now, since I have not found my sisters for more than ten years now. And I doubt I will love any other man, more than I love him.

For our honeymoon, we went to Rayne's Landing. We are still here, it has been a few days. I am enjoying the warmth. Without the heavy cloak for winter. I've stored my armor in the ship. Wearing nothing but cloth, only essential clothing, and barefoot. This is freeing.

We have all the fish we can eat freshly caught from the ocean. There are fruits here we have not tasted before, native to the island. We dove for pearls today. And we have been sleeping under the stars by the bonfire at night, like tonight while I am writing this. He is sleeping beside me. This is life. This is paradise...

There is plenty of resources that people can live here. The ones who are here came with a pirate named Rayne. Apparently her ship was wrecked, the remnants of it is still by the shore north of the island. Some of her crew members just decided to stay here, while she, made a raft from the wreckage and sailed away. No one ever heard from her again. I wonder...

Found a cave that was used by summoners to summon outsiders and decapitate them for studying. We saw severed parts, too many of them and too horrendous to describe here.. I read some notes also from the experiments. The summoner didn't want to summon from the Celestial planes - because the goodly creatures do not deserve his horror... I don't think anything does...

Crew got bored and they sailed back to Guldorand. They needed to moor her for some deep cleaning and so the crew can get some land time. They deserve vacation too! I found a portal here so we can just go home without the ship. Going to stay here a bit more... just a few more days.

I woke up in the Soulhaven Monastery in Guldorand today. I'm confused I don't know what happened. It seems like a dream, Rayne's island? Is it real? I thought I was there... I don't know I have such a splitting headache, and I can hardly stand up. The monks here are taking care of me. So many dreams. I can not ell what is real.

I remember seeing Rann unconscious on the entrance to that cave, at Rayne's landing.. There was a hooded man. He told me to go and leave him with Rann McClow. I couldn't just leave a friend there... I remember trying to overpower him. I almost did... maybe? But there was someone there with him, she was behind me... when I turned I saw her face... and that was it.

Now, I woke up here. Where is Devon...?

Finally strong enough to walk. Found the crew and Alara moored at Guldorand. They told me Devon was looking for me, he had left to search by himself. I am glad at least that part of my life is a constant now, my husband, this ship, and the crew. I must find Devon. Going to sail to Cordor today and see about Rann as well. What the hell was that dream? Was it a deam?

Rann McClow was kidnapped by someone named Alastriona De Vere. She is a Radiant Heart member. I found Silacadhiel, Kazen and Emelina at the Minex Mercantile guild house and they explained everything. What I thought was a dream was real. I felt defeated. We all do. I've never felt this helpless before. Why did I let my guard down at Rayne's Landing? I should never take another vacation again. Not when my life is still chaotic like this.

I must find Devon....

Zaravella
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by Zaravella » Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:15 am

Found Devon. We had decided to move into one of the quarters in the Soulhaven Monastery, at Guldorand. This is strategic: the ship is moored at her docks and if there will be war, with Cordor, we want to be in the midst of it... Guldorand could always use extra reinforcements. Sibayad most likely wont be involved in a war, if it were to happen. No. The Merchant League most likely will not join unless paid to do so, and they are very expensive I imagine.

Also, by living in the monastery I'd be able to keep a close eye on Calixta - a pirate who frequents Guldorand; And that drow, Sekth, who apparently lives there. Kodi has been tacking that drow and she has made it publicly known in town's message board a few weeks ago. Valendel also has been tacking this same drow, apparently.

Calixta and Sekth could be a threat to Guldorand, and I want to make sure they see me and Devon present, visible, and onto them.

Rann lost the chancellor seat because of the kidnapping and assassination attempt. And there is an ongoing election... Silacadhiel is running.. so is Qasi... and a whole lot of others. Thaddeus is running as well because if Qasi won, it means the end for his residence in Cordor.

So why are we having elections if there is a King to rule the land? Has anyone seen King Edward? I've lived here for years, and i haven't heard him make a public appearance...

Hells.... Qasi won the election.

Minex Mercantile has been dispersed. We have left Cordor and the old guild house is left to Brugga Stonehelm. He will take care of the cat, little Minex, who lives there. Everyone else went out of the city, in hiding. Devon and I aren't... it is not our way...

I chose the name "Squall" when communicating with Minex. We all have our unique code names when sending Speedies, or talking when among other people. Why squall? A sudden violent gust of wind that brings in the storm. That is usually me in the battlefield. I've always loved dancing on the front line...

Thaddeus turned the two chunks of Adamantine that I have into a Masterly Damask sword, for free. I am glad. It would have caused me nearly three -hundred thousand gold if I were to go my usual route...

As expected, Thaddeus, Taelina, Rann and Emelina were all exiled... Devon and I haven't given Qasi enough reason, or poof that we deserved an exile.

Good. That means we are doing a fine job...

I myself am careful not to be seen when I am planting sedition. I could sow more chaos and unrest when I am free to roam Cordor.. Also, this way, I could visit Minex. I'm fond of that precious cat....

Meanwhile, Devon openly protests, opposing Cordor's current government. He questioned one of the guards, along with Serdon, the other day. And Serdon was apparently exiled after.

I am enjoying making paintings of Qasi, depicting him as being subservient to Andunor. I've asked my people to plant these paintings all over the city. i want him uncomfortable in his Chancellor seat...

Zaravella
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by Zaravella » Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:28 am

I want to go back to Rayne's Landing with Devon. Especially now that there seems to be too much responsibilities and too much on my plate. Just toss it. Forget the fight, forget war. It will be there looming whether or not I have a place in it. It would be glorious to join battle. I would dedicate all my spoils to Foehammer... but war should not be waged so hastily.

But in my musings, sometimes, I wonder if I am serving my Lord of War, justly. Shouldn't I put more effort in igniting war? After all, all civilizations need it to weed out weak empires, and weak leaders... and establish stronger settlements. Is this what I should be doing?

I've fulfilled my simple mission. The reason I was sent here on Arelith isles. I have found the holy altar to Tempus nestled in the Skull Crags, near a settlement that is Guldorand. I wait for my fellow Steel Fang brethren and sisters to consecrate this desecrated altar, and build his church... here in the mountains.

But I have not heard from them, for years now. I arrived here on m 18th winter, I am nearing my twenty second... I feel like I still need more guidance from my old mentor at The Order of Steel Fang, but I have not had a scroll or a message since I arrived here.

Although, I do not feel lost, just unsure.

And I wish to find my sisters...