A Howl In The Wind.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

FrozenSolid

Re: A Howl In The Wind.

Post by FrozenSolid » Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:12 am

"How do you convince a drowess that you love them?" Ellie asked the question outloud as she tossed some rocks down a cliff into the dark abyss that laid out below. She could hear them clatter then come to a stop. She wondered briefly if she would end up hitting some terrible underdark monster that would eat her. "Let it..." She decided, it would save her the trouble of all this mess.

Ellie sighed and stood... She returned to her temporary room at the outpost and flopped down on the floor tugging out her diary...
Dear Diary...

Where to start? I know what my markings say. That's a big deal, and all it took was being strangled, beat by a devil, then mauled to death by a dragon...

Whatever. I am happy with the results. Progress. Now I have to figure out what the riddle means, it involves blood my blood? Someone elses? It will take some testing I guess.

In the meantime I want to get this collar off and I think I can do it if I can just convince my mistress my emotions for her are genuine. And maybe they are? I've been thinking about it, Ivar has more work for me. We have a great opportunity for business here, but what about Quentin? He wouldn't sit with me if he knew I chose to do what he calls evil.

Then there's Jadoth, I have a tongue of his to cut off. With the Barrith house I could capture someone close to him and lure him out. He will come, he is to ignorant not to. Regardless, I need to level the playing field with the drow of that's the route I go.

My plan is to say I'll be a retainer for the Barrith house. I'm still a lowsy human, but atleast I wouldn't be a slave...

But there's... Quentin, the paladins... I could 'forgive' people... Be what they'd call a better person. Are my markings influencing my choices? If I was free of them maybe I could think clearly. Part of me wants both...

What do I really want? I don't know."
*Didn't just do that* As an arrow flies hitting someone in the face.

FrozenSolid

Post by FrozenSolid » Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:53 am

Ellie stared at the sleeping drowses in her arms. She had spent the entire day laying on the lovey stuff hard. Really hard. She performed perfectly, kisses, gifts, everything was working. Now her mistress had purchased a room in the mansion shared between both of them. She was sleeping in a bed with her now, wrapped in each others arms, tangled up comfortably.

Ellie began to wonder how much of this was an elaborate hoax to get her collar off and how much of it was real. Was she falling for the drowses? Of course not... Maybe?

Her mistress wanted her to love her, she told her she would, she does but it couldn't be true, not until she removed the collar.

"I want you to know it's real." Ellie told her. "When I have no collar, my choices are my own and you can know my emotions are real." She said and gave the drowses another soft kiss. Her mistress was soaking it up, she seemed to hang on every word.

But her mistress wasn't ready to remove the collar, Ellie didn't push it, her position had been improved greatly now she had a room to sleep in, a bed, plenty of food, and her mistress would not allow the other drowses to hurt her. Ellie's position was as ideal as a Slave's could be.

As Ellie breathed in and out she could smell the drowses in her arms she let out an annoyed sigh.

Her mistress offered her power. Wealth. Status. Ellie was strong enough to take advantage of it. With her mistress she could rule with her, strike fear into the hearts of her enemies. They would live powerfully, happily, with a partner, a lover.... What more could Ellie ask for? Why would she turn away wealth and power. For what? The lowly life of a paladin servant on the surface? To be released from the slavery of the drow only to be enslaved by the idiots of the surface?

Maybe the future her mistress offered was better.

She didn't know. That didn't matter. All she wanted right now was her collar off.

Then she would choose

And whatever she chooses would be her choice and her choice alone.

Freedom.

Ellie sighed. She was warm, in a soft bed, and her mistress was warm.. She snuggled in tighter and tucked her head against the drowses... She was comfortable, sleep pulled her into solace.

FrozenSolid

Post by FrozenSolid » Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:54 am

Ellie stood in the Drow mansion taking her usual place next to the wine and food cabinent. Before her was the long curvy black table used for meetings and meals. Below her soft leather boots were the cold dark tiles that formed a floor mosiac, and above her loomed the endlessly high mansion ceilings.

Ellie released a sigh. A lot had happened recently. She was briefly reunited with an elf she considered to be her first love. She hadn't seen him in months, she wondered if he would try go kill her on the spot for being a slave to drow? He didn't. There were tense moments but Ellie was surprised by some of his responses. He told her to do what she must. Even if that meant kissing a drowess until she released her collar. He even told her he would understand if she remained below. But they would ve enemies.

Ellie chewed her lip, there was also-

Foot steps. Ellie emptied her mind relaxing until she looked expressionless. Coming down the hall and into view was the Matron of the house. Ellie bowed low.

"Sit" the matron commanded.

Ellie blinked. "Surely she isn't talking to me?" Ellie thought. She looked around, there was no one else she could have been talking too. Ellie moved carefully towards the main table and as she did other drowess joined taking their places around the table. Ellie sat, she was wearing her shorts, the stone chair was cool to the touch of her mostly bare thighs... Ellie swallowed nervously and shifted uncomfortably.

As each drow took their seat the matron spoke. Ellie kept her head bowed and eyes low... What was going on?"

"Your Mistress has informed me of your request to be free." The matron said.

"Oh. My. Gods." Ellie thought, her heart pounded in her chest.

"Why would I do this?" The matron asked.

Ellie felt all the eyes fall on het. Her mistress was sitting just across from her... She swallowed nervously. This is everything she had been waiting for. A chance at freedom... Would she do it? Only if she convinced them of her story.

Ellie licked her dry lips then spoke.

After explaining her request she was relieved to find that it appealed to the drow. Ellie had practiced the lie a thousand times. But was it a lie? Everyday she faked her love for her mistress she began to realize it might not be so fake... She relied on thay shred of reality to give her fake kisses real emotion. But now that shred was becoming potent.

There was no lying, something about living amongst the drow appealed to her. She appreciated their strength, determination, some even free will. They honored those who were loyal to them and destroyed those who were not. What did she have on the surface? The peasants of Cordor slaves to the nobles even if they wore no collars. The insane mages of the tower. Maybe Guldorand could be quiet and pleasant?

Quiet and pleasant wasn't Ellie's destiny. Then what was? Even without her collar she would never be on the same level as the drow. There were other avenues she could pursue however... So many question.

Truthfully Ellie was at a loss. One part of her looked forward to going to the surface free and enjoying her time however she saw fit. Then maybe going to Cordor to find out what the latest drama was? There were a few friends to reunite with, an elf to find... But what would she amount to up there?

As the Drow deliberated in their tongue they slowly quieted and the Matron declared there was nothing else to discuss, and that she would consider freeing Ellie but only if she promised to fight in the cage to offset the costs. Easy, Ellie was a vicious warrior.

As Ellie left the main hall she went to wander the city... The monsters no longer frightened her, gnolls, goblins, and worse, they were just creatures. She did make a point of avoiding some of the other drow houses know for flesh golemns and worse but otherwise she did not feel so out of place.

Was this city going to be home? Only time could tell.

FrozenSolid

Post by FrozenSolid » Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:32 am

Ellie shifted uncomfortably in the bed. Tonight the soft silk sheets were bringing her no comfort. Her mind raced and her heart pounded.

Plate boots clinked across the cool dark stone that formed the ground of the Underdark. Ellie raised her head, she was on her knees barely breathing as her right plated hand was gripping tighly at a puncture in her plate armour near her chest. She could see the boots now between the hair hanging across her eyes. White... Like the purest light. They came closer, elegant plate she feared the beauty, the purity they represented. She hated it, it was everything she wanted but could never have. Her heart burned with anger.

Ellie's free hand came to her mouth to dab as she watched the white boots draw nearer too weak to raise her head to look at the figure completely. On her plated glove she glanced as she saw sticky red blood, she was bleeding from her mouth, a puntured lung? Her thoughts were cut short as the boots stopped in front of her.

She couldn't comprehend how she was defeated. By some weak surfacer? Her head dropped as she felt the strength draining from herself. She focused on the boots. As she did she noticed a glow, a powerful glow of radiance, it was warm, like the sun. She hated it and grit her teeth together.
"Is this all you are?" A female voice said above her. It sounded familiar.
"You've seen horrors most surfacers can not even conceive." The voice continued
"And you have given in... A monster, no better then the filth that surrounds you." The voice spoke angrily. Ellie gritted her teeth, she felt empty. She watched as the blood gathering in her mouth dripped out down her chin and onto one of the pure white boots staining it.
" The play toy of a drowess. Pathetic." The female voice spoke with considerable disdain. Ellie seethed..
Aftet a moment of silence that seemed fo endure an eternity Ellie felt the cold touch of metal grip her chin and cheeks as a white plated glove grabbed her and raised her head. As she raised her head the figure knelt bringing both of them eye to eye.

Ellie blinked. What? Staring at the figure in white she saw that it was herself. Ellie stared at her duplicate in white with an expression of awe. The other Ellie looked back and offered her a smile displaying a flash of white teeth.
"You're better then this. Come with me..." The white plated Ellie said soothingly.
Ellie jist blinked. She felt a rush of energy, strength! Life was coming back to her! Yes, she wanted this life. She wanted to be free! As joy began to fill her she began to rise to her feet. The white armored Ellie smiled and helped her up.

As Ellie got to her feet she prepared to take a step forward when suddenly she felt a jolt of searing pain. CRACK! Her armour split as a Katana ran through her back and out through her chest piercing her heart.

She gasped for air she could not swallow. Slowly she turned her head to look at who was behind her.

With tear filled eyes Ellie's mistresss stood behind her firmly holding the Katana blade through her chest. In a murmur her mistress said "Betrayer" the words spat out as if they were venom but also filled with hurt.

Ellie blinked. Darkness consumed her vision and she felt as if she was falling when suddnely... Her breath caught and she awoke.

Ellie gasped as her eyes came into focus with the void of darkness around her. She felt her mistress beside her shift... She reached out to grab her and hold onto her. She was warm like always, but it didn't bring Ellie any comfort.

Her heart swam with emotion. What was she doing?

FrozenSolid

Post by FrozenSolid » Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:43 am

Ellie stood on the shoreline of one of the underdark seas. Before her stretched a seemingly endless horizon of black water. The waters were calm, gently sloshing against the course rocks of the shore. It was perfect for stone skipping, assuming of course the stones didn't disturb some terrible sea monster that would emerge and eat you. The Underdark could often be amazing or beautiful, a place full of wonder even! If only there was not a monster around every corner trying to eat you. Perhaps the sense of danger was what made the Dark so intriguing?

To Ellie these dangers had largely become normal. When she first arrived she stuck close to the city and wouldn't venture out on her own. But now she was a competant warrioress and had a reasonable knowledge of the Dark and what dangers lingered where.

So there she stopd, on the shores of an inky black underdark sea skipping smooth round stones across the waters and into the empty darkness that lay beyond. In between skips there was near complete silence. It was lonely.

Finishing with her last few stones Ellie figured she had cleared her mind enough to write. She gathered her gear and retreated up the shoreline to hide in a small crevice of rock and muttered the words of light scroll. She tugged out her diary.
"Dear Diary...

Freedom.I am close to it, So long as I keep up the charade. If I can even still call it that. I had another dream, a dream of... Me. I saw a better me? Maybe it wasn't better... Who is to decide what is better or not? I don't know, but I wanted it. I saw myself in armour white like snow and trimmed in gold loke stray rays of sunlighy. My armour was elegant, I looked happy...

I've been wondering about happiness. My friend Quentin has really messed me up... He has given me... Some sort of hope that things can be different, better... I pretend that I forgive Jadoth for attacking me, part of me- my markings hates that. It says not to forgive him, cut his tongue out. But another part of me says why? He's not worth it... You're better then that, let it go. But I cant, or can I? I don't know...

It feels nice not to hate. Like I can have some sort of peace... But right now I'm battling myself, I think my markings are urging me down a path that isn't what I truly want. Sarina says she has some ideas on how to remove my markings but won't tell me out of fear of scaring me.

If an Infernal lady of her power thinks something is frightening it must truly be...

Other then that... I'm still thriving, the room with my mistress is great, she feeds me well and I've found the Drowess to be less critical of me as late. I'd dare say they even rely on me... That's a good position for me to be in. I'm doing perfectly.

What do I want?

I don't know... "

FrozenSolid

Post by FrozenSolid » Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:31 am

In my eyes, there's a heavy blue
One to love and one to lose
Sweet divide, a heavy truth
Water or wine, don't make me choose.

I wanna feel the way that I did on summer nights,
Drunk on a feeling, alone with the stars in the sky
I've been running through the Underdark
I've been running with the wolves
To get to who? to get to what?
I've been down the darkest alleys
Saw the dark side of the moon
To get to what? to get to who?
I've looked for love in every stranger
Took too much to ease the anger
All for who? yeah, all for what?
I've been running through the Underdark
I've been crying with the wolves

[Modfied song, Wolves]
Dear Diary...

I'm not leaving my freedom soley in the hands of my captors. But I want /them/ to release me. A point of pride maybe? I don't know... If they release me maybe I'll stay? Water or wine? I have to choose.

FrozenSolid

Post by FrozenSolid » Sun Dec 24, 2017 4:04 pm

Ellie slowly came to... She blinked awake staring up at the ceiling. The dim glowing light orbs were already on and the opposing side of the bed was cool. Ellie was alone. She let out a long breath as she continued her gaze at the ceiling. Something... Strange happened last night. Her mistress told her she'd let her go, take the collar off and let her choose her own fate. It was a big move, she believed Ellie loved her and was willing to take the risk to prove it, or not.

But did she love the drowess? She hadn't decided yet, but last night Ellie finally felt like she belonged somewhere. After six years of wandering and searching for answers she finally had some, and a family? She didn't care what they did to other people few had ever treated Ellie fair anyways so why should she be concerned? She felt happy, loved, and welcome. How did she find this amongst one of the most dangerous and ruthless races of world? Maybe she wasn't so different from the drow herself...

During the former night Ellie finally let go. She had been withholding her love from the Drowess like a cruel weapon. Using it to barter her way to freedom she finally had what she wanted. The drowess trusted her utterly. And when she did? Ellie found that she wasn't sure she had the heart to betray the Drowess, not after everything she had done for her. Was she insane? Maybe. But she felt more at home at the Drowess's side then she had for years.

A month and then some worth of tensions gave way into intimacy, it was slow, careful but relaxed. It was an expression of love, not entirely lust. The idea of love drew Ellie in like a moth to flame. It was one of the only things she wanted, sappy? Yes. But who was she to deny her own heart what it so desperately desired? Was it wrong to love a drowess? Was it wrong to want to stay?

She didn't know. So she stared at the ceiling of the bedroom letting all of these thoughts tumble through her mind... As time passed Ellie slowly slid out of bed and grabbed her pack. Rummaging through it she pulled out her diary.
Dear Diary...

I do not entirely know what to write. To put into words what has occurred these past couple of weeks is... Difficult.

First, my drowess is willing to release me. We're working now together to make this happen. She trusts me, it's exactly what I wanted. It's what I planned for. She wants to love me and I had only given her small bits and pieces claiming I would withhold the rest until my collar was off. It worked, I could see it in her eyes it was a desire that was more then just lust she genuinely wants a relationship with me and I used it against her like a weapon.

But now that i'm here, on the verge of freedom it's coming time to make my choice. Stay or leave. I don't know what to do.

The future I was raised to want cannot be found here in the Underdark. I want a family, eventually, I want to matter... I want purpose. Maybe all of those things seem dumb to write about or desire but I'm not some paladin, or some great leader, I'm not striving to free people from oppression or lead some group of people out of the dark. I just want to feel whole. Me. I don't care about anyone else. Maybe that's what I am missing? Compassion?

But this family, what am I supposed to do? Find a human 'Jalulk' use him for what I want then discard him? It's too impersonal, I can't raise a child down here it's too dangerous. Despite the love from my drowess I would be an idiot to not understand how dangerous the rest of them are. Vipers, I am only safe because I am also a viper a terrible snake amongst even larger snakes. Why am I like this? Because I want to live?

I have what I want. Why can't I just take it? Freedom is mine...

I'm struggling with my emotions. I'm struggling to decide what path to take. Maybe a family is just a wild fantasy? I'm not the same girl I was when I started this. Maybe with my drowess we could come to some sort of power in Andunor? It's hardly a /drow/ only city, humans, like Sarina have made a name for themselves. I don't know.

Something about the dark appeals to me. The savage nature of it, dangerous, powerful, but also beautiful and elegant.

But is the draw to the dark stronger then the draw to the light?

It might be.

I don't know what to do...

FrozenSolid

Post by FrozenSolid » Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:17 am

The Dark Side

What did it mean to be evil? How did you know? Was it killing your friend? Betraying someone who trusted you? Or was it cold blooded murder? Ellie had done all of them.

Soaked in blood and covered in sweat Ellie stood before her mistress with a head strapped to her pack and a body over her shoulders. The fight had taken almost an hour, an extreme feat of combat that was entirely too close. A plan gone horribly wrong. But improvisation and being well equipped was luckily enough to supplement the poor luck.

Do you trust me now?

The view of her mistress was enough to calm her. Love. Love wasn't evil, anyone knew that. But what Love could cause one to do? Now that could be evil. But she had found her place amongst the drow, with her mistress. She had found love and she wouldn't let it go. Not for anything.

She had crossed over. No longer in limbo or flux Ellie knew what she wanted and she took it and held onto it. She belonged with the drow and she would not turn back now.

"I'm sorry I didn't pick the path you wanted me too..."

The final words of a letter she sent to the paladin that had worked to save her. She had intended to betray him, but he never came. Luck maybe? For him, but not for Ellie's friend who got in her way instead. She was dead and over her shoulder. Who had even worse luck? The Hin that turned into a bear and tried to bite her. She was also dead, and her skull was strung to her pack.

This was only the start...

FrozenSolid

Post by FrozenSolid » Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:52 am

Dear Diary...

All the questions i had about my place and purpose were as I discovered never questions at all. But instead choices. I could have gone either way, I was undecided, but I knew in my heart it only required me to finally choose one path or another. And I chose the dark.

My drow house required a proof of my loyalty, so I gave them one. My original plan was to bait the Radiant Heart paladin Quentin out and coax him into dropping his wards, then killing him with my mistress, another slave, and my close friend, Ivar.

But that never happened... Celestia confronted me instead Wharftown, luckily Ivar was with me. I had to decide then did I want my mistress and the dark? Or the surface and my old life? I made my choice, it was a heck of an induction. We fought for maybe an hour? In the end I killed both my friend, and some druidic hin that launched a fireball at me and tried to bite me.

It... Changed me, Celestia was a friend of mine. She Is a half elf, real pretty with long smooth legs and firey red hair that matched her attitude. I always admired her style... And I killed her. My scimitar cut her flesh, I tore her apart... And if it wasn't for the hin? I would have taken her head...

Seeing Celestia like that hurt me- but then... I enjoyed it? It was a fight unlike anything I had ever encountered and to win? To finnaly get her wards off? I knocked her into the dirt and killed her. I felt my blade cut through her soft skin like butter...

I guess it made me feel alive? And I didn't do it just for fun, I did it for my mistress. I do love her, some part of me has grown fond of her and I've decided to embrace it. She loves me, and I never want that to pass.

So I've proven myself, at least for now. I am a banite, my mistress wants me to convert to their faith, it seems a lot like Loviatar? I need to do more research... My body is one thing, but my soul? Another obstacle to cross...

In the mean time things are good. I am making progress on my collar and I am looking forward to having it off. Now that I made my choice I feel... Happy. I'm thrilled even, like a huge weight was lifted off my brain and my heart...

It's Grayval and me, and I am so glad to at last have a partner. I have friends, real friends, friends who come to help me, friends who fight with me, for me. What more could I ask for?

There is one thing on my mind. To Gray, I am her companion, but to the other drow? I am just a human. I want power. I want creatures to fear me above and below. I want to be strong

Also...I only needed one head, I took the Hins and raised Celestia back at the Crews compound. I tried to get her to join me, she declined.

But it's curious, I caught an elf in the Underdark, I told her who I had slain and she thanked me for killing Celestia.

Celestia is a good person, and this elf thanked me for slaughtering her.

Elves are no better then drow. And I am right to stay exactly where I am.

FrozenSolid

Post by FrozenSolid » Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:28 am

Dear diary...

I've been hiding myself for almost half a decade, never letting anyone see my markings and trying to remain concealed. But I asked myself today, why?

After asking myself that I've decided.to embrace myself, all of myself! And go with a new outfit, or lack of an outfit.

I went out and got matching Tattoos on my right Thigh, they mimic my markings but have their own meaning. Black and red, red for the blood I spilled and black for the Underdark, they go hand in hand.

Around my chest, arms, and back I have my infernal markings so I decided to leave those as is.

My new outfit is really simple, I keep a leather belt around my hip with the house colors as a tabard, then beneath that I've got some really short shorts leaving my thighs exposed so my tattoos can be seen. On my feet, I have knee high leather boots.

For my top I found a durable material, it's just enough to keep me modest, and provides plenty of support but shows off my markings.

I also added Eye Liner, it's real chalky, I just add a thin line, enough to make my eyes shine and add depth to my features. It's pleasing to those who enjoy my company and frightens my enemies.

It's exotic, intriguing, and it draws attention to me. Would my mother approve? Heck no. But I'm not even sure why that matters to me, she's been gone for years.

I finally feel like my life is mine, or at least that I'm content in my choices. It feels good, I'm living for me, and Gray, and the Barriths. I have purpose.

On a side note another slave who is a ranger of sorts said she could smell Gray on me. That was embarrassing at first but why? I decided it was funny, there's nothing to hide there. She's my partner, and I look forward to finally have this collar off.

FrozenSolid

Post by FrozenSolid » Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:36 am

Navigating the busy streets of Andunor Ellie made her way towards the hub. She moved with ease through the crowds of monsters, drow, human and other races in the streets. She was one of them. The wicked features of a gnolls no longer made her nervous and the distorted forms of broken humans barely made her flinch. It wasn't that she was numb to it all but simply that she didn't care.

One thing that gave her pause was a enormous balor that stood level with the buildings. Then she saw the gnolls... The balor was their servant. It made her smirk, she wondered if she could ever control something as powerful as a balor?

Ellie continued on, she considered the Balor then recalled the time she was taken with her mistress to the jails of Dis, she could slay a balor, probably two at a time! The idea pleased her.

Rigorous conditioning and the conquering of countless foes had forged Ellie into an adept warrior. A blademistress, and by the standards of most humans? God like. She had transcended the planes to the Abyss and the Hells. Warlocks, wizards and warriors all had died to her blade. She was nimble, strong, and had a mind of equal lethal capability as her blade did.

But she wasn't the only one. Many on Arelith were powerful and even stronger then she was.

Arriving at the hub doors Ellie's mind slowly emptied out the thoughts. She had business to focus on.

FrozenSolid

Post by FrozenSolid » Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:55 am

Dear diary...

Gray asked me something unusual today... She asked "if you could be a drow would you?" I was surprised by the question. At first I thought maybe she was tired of me? But that didn't seem to be it... I thought about her question... Would I want to be a drow?

I told her yes without too much hesitation and I wasn't lying! The drow are stunningly gorgeous, their skin is soft and warm and their perfect white hair are like individual strands of silk. They are graceful, like the black Panthers of the jungles... Fierce like lions...

Yes, I would be a drow. I don't think I am so different from them now it would only be a change that benefits me.

But then I had a question... How could that happen?

Gray surprised me with an answer, it wasn't just a question for fun. She said that they were researching a way to... Take a soul from a human body and put it into a Drows body. Gray even said there had been one successful ritual.

My second question was where the drow body would come from? She shrugged at me. I guess it wouldn't be too hard to find one. But I would want my old body destroyed, thinking about it me and this body are pretty close. I've put a lot of work into it! And I've felt a lot of things with it... Maybe I could preserve it? I don't know.

All I know is that if it were possible, I would bot hesitate to become a drow. To discard this short-lived body with many physical limitations for the body of drowess? Yes please!

I would also be... Equal. I would be the same as the other drow. That would be important to me. To be equal....

It's a lot to think about, it probably won't ever happen but I would love it if it did. I guess only time will tell.

FrozenSolid

Post by FrozenSolid » Fri Jan 05, 2018 7:54 am

Dear Diary...

Every day the difference between the drow and myself become less and less. I've come to admire their cruel culture it ensures only the best survive and exceed. It's brutal, but that's the world. Get strong or die. Dying in a slave pit isn't my destiny.

Today I reached out to the matron. I was ready to abandon Bane and join La'laskra. She is a diety who wishes to unite the drow. The Barriths all follow her and within the temple to her are these beautiful pillars depicting aspects of the goddess.

Strength through pain, victory, unity, power, pleasure...

It was incredible to feel her power in her temple. The ceremony was simple but impactful. We knelt before the altar, the matron said a prayer then asked me to state my commitment. I did then she prayed a final time and had me repeat her words. The last act was to cut my hand and she'd blood for proof of the commitment.

When it was all over we got to our feet and the Matron called me sister.

It's... Hard to express through words what that meant to me...

I have a home. I matter here. I'll do anything to protect what I have and increase the houses power.

Finally, I am home...

FrozenSolid

Post by FrozenSolid » Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:06 am

Ellie rolled over In bed pressing her face against the silky smooth pillow. Her body was in bed but her mind was somewhere else entirely.

Ellie fell to her knees as the Jaluk's hammer smashed into her side. She could feel the bones break, the ugly crunching sound of armour and bone was sickening. Pain exploded through her, it hurt so much she couldn't even cry out! Ellie's vision darkened, blood dripped from her mouth and dripped down her chin. The Jaluk stood over her, she could only see his feet. She saw him adjust his stance swing the hammer again...

CRACK!
Get up off your knees, girl
Stand face to face with your God
And find out what you are
"Strength through pain" a voice said in her ear. "Get up!" The voice demanded. Darkness gripped Ellie and in the darkness she saw a figure... The figure was sitting on a throne. To her right and left Jaluks seemed to beg for attention but the figures gaze was fixed on Ellie. "Get. Up.' the voice demanded again.

Now Ellie was in the Barrith's temple to La'laskra. She was rising from a kneeling position. To Ellie's left was the Barriths matron, their hands were interlocked. The matron was speaking but only one word echoed above the rest. "Sister". She said to Ellie. Their fates were tied together now on a divine level through the same goddess.
(Hello, my name is human)
Hello, my name is human
And I came down from the stars
I'm ready for love and I'm ready for war
But I'm ready for more
I know that nobody's ever been this ready before, hey
(Do you need some time to think it over?)

The images faded slowly as Ellie felt a soft breath on her lips. The scent of the body close to her was familiar.

"I'll release your collar" Ellie's mistress said. A moment later their lips were locked together in a passionate kiss. Ellie had never had a relationship like this. First her slaver then her friend and now her companion. What a twist of fates that one of the first creatures to show Ellie genuine companionship would be a drow? To accept her for what she was, to... Love her for what she was.
So figure it out or don't figure it out
I figured it out
The bigger the river (the bigger the river)
The bigger the drought (the bigger the drought)

Fire world, I love you
Fire world...

Now Ellie was standing in the hub. She held her head up high and proud, her skin was covered with her intricate markings and now an assortment of decorative tatoos that stretched down her arms and down the right side of her body. The tatoos wrapped around her smooth thighs and disappeared beneath her knee high boots.

She felt powerful and watched the lesser slaves with a sneer. Pathetic groveling creatures that weren't much better then dirt. Ellie resented them for their weakness but delighted in the sensation of power that seeing the lesser humans brought.

She had not only conquered the Underdark but thrived in it. Rising from a subdued slave being beaten in the slave pits she had become someone... Something... powerful.

I'm up off my knees,
I'm face to face with myself
And I know who I am
I stole the power from the sun
I'm more than just a girl
(No longer disillusioned)
As Ellie stood in the hub she turned to see an unusual figure. the lathanderite paladin. He had a soft but sorrowful smile on his lips. He said nothing but reached a hand out for Ellie.

Ellie watched as time slowed down, the paladin's hand reached out for her... Would she take it? She wanted too... "Save me" she murmured.

"NO!" She screamed suddenly tugging her scimitar free.

As the wicked blade slid out of it's sheathe Ellie found herself fully equipped in her intimidating adamantine plate. She was no longer in the hub but instead in Wharftown, The Paladin stood in front of her. Was he crying? His hand was still outstretched.

Ellie hesitated... Her sword arm flopped to her side... With her free hand she reached out to the paladin taking a few stumbling steps towards him.

"He still loves me... He still forgives me" Ellie thought. But as she got closer, the paladin suddenly lurched. His hand pulled back and instead reached for his blade. He drew it as Ellie watched in horror!

The blade came out glowing like the sun! And in the next movement the paladin lunged, the blade shattered through her plate and came out her back dripping with her blood.

Ellie's outstretched hand fell to her side as the paladin pushed the blade the rest of the way through her.

" The surfacers are liars' a voice said in her ear. As Ellie stood hunched over impaled by the sword she tilted her head to look up. She saw a Trio of elves pointing at her and sneering "You attacked us first!" They said teasingly then giggled amongst each other.

Ellie's heart surged with anger and hate

(I'm not asking questions)
('Cause questions have answers)
(And I don't want answers)
I came down from the stars (so I'll take my chances)
(And what are the chances)
(That I could advance)
(On my own circumstances)
(Said "what are the chances?")
Hello, my name is human (and what are the chances?)
(I don't want your answers)
(So you keep your answers)
And I know who I am (so you keep your answers)
(I'm taking my chances)

Ellie let out an agonzied cry, she pushed the paladin back leaving the sunlight sword impaled through her. Screw it. She wielded her scimitar and lunged at the paladin. Her blade slid across his throat as his head stepped back. She grinned then looked towards the elfs.

They weren't snickering anymore but horror was etched on their faces. She rushed towards them! She struck the left elf, she fell in a pile of robes, then she lashed at the right most elf he cried out and fell forward....

Only one elf remained... The center elf, death was too sweet a mercy for him... She struck at him until he fell to his knees... Then once subdued she grabbed his tongue and hoisted her sword up! ...
I'm feeling the way that I'm feeling myself
I'm done with everyone else
Gotta remember that nobody is better than anyone else, here
(Do you need some time to think it over?)
Look what they do to you
Look what they do to me
Must be joking if you think that either one is free, here
Now Ellie, blood soaked, was in the Barrith's mansion. Her boots clicked against the dark stone tile floor as she stumbled forward. Awaiting Ellie was her mistress Gray. She accepted Ellie in outstretched arms. As Ellie fell into her arms Gray held onto her and pushed a hand through her hair. Ellie hugged Gray resting her head on her shoulder.

"You're safe here." Her mistress murmured to her. The darkness is safe.

The dream slowly came to an end but Ellie didn't awake she was content with the dreams ending and remained happily asleep.

FrozenSolid

Post by FrozenSolid » Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:12 am

Dear Diary...

Gray has taken on a new slave, the first things I heard about her concerned me a Jaluk told me she was here to seduce my mistress. Then there are her origins, one of the other slaves of our house "captured" her near Cordor and brought her down.

I was jealous initially, i didn't like her, maybe I still don't? But Gray wants me to befriend her... She wants to make the new slave welcome Like I was until... She falls in love with this vicious world.

Now... That appeals to me more, having another surfacers see the truth? I envy the opportunity to show her what she can achieve here. What she can accomplish.

So I'll Introduce her to this world. She is clamped, so she cannot escape now. But I won't trust her, until recent I was plotting against the drow. Until she converts and kills for the Barrith's I won't find anything she says as entirely genuine.

We'll see what happens. If she becomes a liability I will end her.

FrozenSolid

Post by FrozenSolid » Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:59 pm

Something had to change, one last strand that kept bothering her. A single man that made her doubt the path she had taken.

Quentin.

She tried to kill him once already, an easy trap, set by playing off of his merciful nature. Before he arrived another pair stumbled into the trap early and were slain instead. But she could not continue without confronting him. She had to end him!

The rain pattered against Ellie's adamantine shell of Armor as she faced away from Quentin. How vithing long would his barkskin last? She had kept him talking for most the night. She let out a sigh glancing back at him. Yep, still covered in bark. She turned to look at the horizon. The sun was almost here.

Ellie had to do it. she couldn't wait. But... His words were tempting. Maybe he was right? But in her moment of doubt She remembered her dream where the holy sword was plunging through her. Maybe the dream was sent by La'laskra to keep her from turning? Maybe it was her markings?

She had to do it. She had to end Quentin.

As Ellie paced away from Quentin she made her intentions obvious. Nearly twenty feet apart she drank her first potions. She managed to ward, raised her shield and prepared to fight. For as much mercy as Quentin offered he was just as capable of fury and Ellie didn't stand a chance.

As she raised her shield to block she buckled Quentin's stronger frame hammered at her shield each blow tearing away her wards. Within minutes she had fallen face first into the grass, all she could hear was the rain. She could smell the earth.

Death...

She tried to hold on but her spirit passed to the fungue.

An unknown amount of time passed when she was raised. It was still raining and she was facing east looking at the horizon from her laying position. It would have been a pleasant view, if her entire body didn't ache, she tried to breath but choked on her own blood. Ellie panicked, thrashed pathetically, and found that Quentin was standing over her.

A pang of hate, rage even, coursed through her like fire... She wanted to kill him, but she already tried that... Ellie choked again, then Quentin leaned over to heal her. Her lungs cleared of blood, the aches of her body lessened.

Quentin pulled Ellie's helmed head into his lap as they watched the sunrise.

It was tempting to give in. There was a cool coastal breeze blowing up the incline. For Ellie, time had slowed and as she slowly regained her life force was acutely aware of the sway of the long grass. The sound of distant water lapping against the coast, and the warm rays of sun coming up over the horizon.

Ellie's eyes wandered from the horizon to the grass around her. It was stained crimson red with her blood, it was draining from her armour into the grass. He had killed her. The thought nearly brought her to tears. She had nightmares of him killing her before, but why? SHE was the one that started it. Maybe that was the secret behind her nightmares all along. Not the fear that Quentin would kill her, but that she would be the cause of his attack.

Quentin pressed a flower into her right hand. It was an elegant flower, soft, wet with the rain. The epitome of life and beauty.

Ellie was crying, silently, her face was still masked by her helmet. The tears rolled down her cheeks and dripped away with the rain water that drizzled on her chin. They sat like that for awhile, then Quentin slowly began what all paladins do. Preaching.

Ellie hated him, hated him for being better than she was. Hated him because while she suffered he lived lavishly in his stupid church. She hated him because he condemened the darkness inside of her and told her to do better, as if it were so easy. He always had the right words to say, but of course he did. He had friends, he had a home. He wasn't turned away and forgotten like she was.

Tears of sadness turned into tears of anger, she told him she would stomp his precious light out wherever she found it. And she would make him feel pain until pain was all he knew. With her closing threats she had just enough strength to jerk her hand to her belt. She dropped the flower she was given, leaving the crushed petals to lay pathetically on the cold earth just as dead as Ellie had been a moment ago.

Her hand landed on a pouch in her belt, she crushed a lense and inhaled sharply as she was taken from Quentin's arms and landed on a portal in the Underdark.

It was cold, dark, and silent. She was alone. Again.

Ellie sobbed.

FrozenSolid

Post by FrozenSolid » Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:39 am

Ever since the brawl with Quentin Ellie had started a side project. It had always been her intention since her conversion but now it meant so much more. Ellie hated Quentin, she hated him because deep down she was afraid he was right, afraid that he had what she really wanted. But as usual, she was divided
There was no doubt that she had a dark side and embraced it, but always this small glimmer of light fought back, a shred of ever fleeting hope that life didn't have to be vicious and nasty, that it could be pure.

Ellie was determined to destroy this light, convinced it was a false hope built on lies. But it wasn't enough to quench the light in herself. She wanted to see it extinguished in others. For Ellie, this light represented a way of life she had been denied for no reason other then her unfortunate circumstances. To Ellie, the darkness was real, there were no lies about evil. Only the hard truth. She resented every self righteous elf that claimed to be good but delt evil in private. She hated the paladin's who preach about being strong while they lived like Kings...

Ellie wanted to tear them all down. You didn't know who you were until you were bare, forced to look at yourself for what you were. You were a liar unless you acknowledged the darkness within yourself. She didn't care about right or wrong, she wanted to reduce people to their most primal state, when they had nothing left but themselves, then watch and see what path they chose.

Just like Ellie had to do.

Ellie's boots rapped across the cool smooth stone tiles of the vault as she approached the elf. Her scimitar was raised at him and taken by surprise the elven mage let Ellie much to close. It would have been suicide for him to Flinch. Ellie was approaching the Pinnacle of her blademistress abilities and the elf evidently had enough sense to identify the fact she was no common thug.

"I want you to deliver a message." Ellie said with a hint of a giggle, when people were afraid you truly got to see what they were made of and this elf was already sweating.

" I'm listening." The elf said swallowing hard...

The Vault elf would be the first of many hostages Ellie would end up taking over the next week. She had a message she wanted Jadoth, the Radiant Hearts and the Cordor Guard to know.

She was hunting them. She was hunting their squires their kin, their friends, and that she was dangerous. They had already teased her, they had the audacity to mock her with messages and hin.

Ellie was going to make them regret every snide comment. She was going to make them hurt. Reduce them to her own level then see how noble these self proclaimed heroes were.

And when she had reduced them to nothing? She would see which way they turn. To recongize the drow and her way of life as the truth? Or hold onto their 'honor" and egos?

Time would tell.

FrozenSolid

Post by FrozenSolid » Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:25 am

The drow Jaluk swung his legs onto the bed as he trapped Ellie beneath himself. Looking down at Ellie with a smirk he leaned towards her slowly cupping her face in his hands before bringing his lips to hers. They kissed, and the night went on.

The Underdark had taught Ellie that life was something that was fleeting. She had come to value life more then She ever had before. And because life could be short she disregarded any ideas that she ought to wait for "the perfect man" to whisk her away. It was a dilusion, and with the stresses the dark could bring on, taking time to relax was necessary.

More then that, Ellie learned from the drowess that love could be a lot of fun, and also a powerful tool. She had first used this tool on her mistress, withholding her passion like a weapon until she got what she wanted. It was far more effective then using her sword, and ultimately they ended up becoming companions.

Now Ellie had this Jaluk, part of it was for the fun of it. Sure, it was nice! But why not knock out two birds with one stone? She wanted another Hunter, a Jaluk that would do what she wanted.And just like her mistress she had denied him any attention until he had proven his loyalty.

And as she suspected given some time he came to her to show her proof of his loyalty and of course to claim his reward. And what would keep a Jaluk loyal?

Ellie kissed the Jaluk back wrapping her arms around his chest... That is what would keep a Jaluk loyal.

Life was lavish for Ellie, a favored servant of the largest house in Andunor she had anything she wanted. Everyone in the dark was very passionate, whether it was loving, fighting, or even artistic works. It was all real, and Ellie reveled in it. Of course these things didn't come for free! But Ellie was confident they could maintain their power.

She shared a final kiss with the Jaluk as he wrapped her up into his arms and held her tight. She held him back, eyes half open as sleep quickly crept up on her. She heard the Jaluk murmur something to her in Xanarless, but her eyes had already closed and she had no intention of waking.

FrozenSolid

Post by FrozenSolid » Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:39 am

"You're a rabid dog." Quentin had said to Ellie the night she called to meet him at Wharftown to confront him.

Ouch...

Those words stung. She hated to admit it because Quentin was important to her. She wanted to kill him and love him all at the same time and the conflicting emotions were considerably difficult to sift through. Ellie was still young, but she remembered a year ago when Quentin seemed like her hero, she imagined marrying him and having picnics together.

Ellie cringed at the girlish thoughts as she continued her hike up the incline of the cliff side of a rock formations that overlooked the Dark. She remembered the words he spoke to her later, a threat.

"You'll see a wedding maybe not your friends, and have your dress, I promise. Even if it's the last thing I do before I kill you."

This struck the hardest. Part of Ellie was still the silly girl that was day dreaming in Quentin's arms about the pretty strapless bridesmaid dress she was going to wear to her friends wedding when her slave collar was taken off.

But she was never rescued, for all the words spoken to her she was alone constantly left to face the horrors and evils of the dark alone. She had no doubt missed the wedding by now.

But that threat was so twisted, to give Ellie what she wanted, that pretty dress with the white hair ribbon, cut knee high it accented her form perfectly. It made her feel great! But she would he wearing it as a prisoner, and watching a man she wanted get married off to someone else probably more noble and goodly then she was.

Then what? Having everything she wanted taken from her she would be killed in that same dress that to her represented something pure?

Ellie noticed a few tears were running down her cheeks.

Ellie wasn't insane. Perhaps that made everything she was doing all the worse. She was calculated, mostly. Chaotic at times but not insane. As Ellie came to the smoothed out top of the incline she was hiking she sat and tugged out the collection of surface fruits she had gathered.

She bit into an apple and stared out across the depths

No, not insane. And perhaps that made her even more dangerous. But she uncovered a truth

People were only good when it suited them. For all the strong paladin's she had been abandoned. This is what drove her, to tear the goodly apart and make them understand evil, force them to see reality as Ellie saw it.

Ellie was sadistic. The idea of the mental and physical pain she would inflict made a thin smile touch her lips. No, Ellie wasn't insane. But she was evil.

She tossed the first applecore over the edge of the cliff and pulled out another one. Her mind, tired of the dark thoughts simply went quiet. She was at peace in the darkness, it was home.

FrozenSolid

Post by FrozenSolid » Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:05 am

Being evil was difficult. Ellie was laying upside down in her bedroom, legs propped up on the bed, her back flat on the floor as she only looked over the intricate set of tatoos that ran up and down her right thigh. She was alone, brainstorming.

"I've taken hostages, sent my message, they know I can touch them and the snide remarks have ended. Do they fear me? Hmmm..." Ellie spoke out loud giving herself council "I destroyed those two rangers... I know I've threatened a few knights, but is it enough? These oafs are so warped in their arrogance they tend to forget how close to death they were." Ellie sighed

"Then they need to taste death.. But I risk my own life each time I go hunting, if I lose a fight it will only make them more arrogant I'll make a display of my kills, I want mother's to tell their.children about Howlsong, I want the kids to stay up wondering where I'll be next..." Ellie giggled to herself at the thought of being monster bed time story. She crossed her feet keeping them on the bed as she lay on the floor adjusting her gaze towards the ceiling.

" I still have the bomb..." She mused with a hum. " That's not enough... I want someone else to detonante it, I want to see.someone turn to evil." Ellie sighed wistfully then she frowned

"Why are you doing this Ellie?" She asked herself "Because no one knows what real evil is. And they allow ignorance to shield them from the reality.of the world while.committing evil themselves."

She frowned then spoke out loud to herself again. "I am doing this because I want.them to see the evil in themselves. I want them to face it, conquer it or embrace it. I want them to live with their eyes open, instead of happily closed." She huffed some air

" Happy, ignorant fools, woe to those that fall I to darkness, too bad for them at least I still have my comfy home!" She said sarcastically

" I'm going to enjoy this..." Ellie smirked then rolled backwards as she continued onto her morning stretches.

FrozenSolid

Post by FrozenSolid » Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:51 am

Ellie's mistress, once master, and now lover lay on their bed crying as Ellie's adamantine boots clicked across the stone tiles and she left her to wallow in her own self pity. Compassion wasn't an emotion Ellie was capable of right now, all she felt as anger, hate, and sorrow.

She also felt ugly. She looked ugly... Her hair had been butchered and her pride wounded. The combination of both weighed on her heavily, but it was not the only issue. There was her collar, the wicked dark steel was still wrapped around her throat and she was struggling to make progress on removing it despite the promises of her 'family' that they would see it gone.

Many other issues compounded on her brain, she left Andunor for a walk, slaughtered some underdark creatures that she disliked then returned to the bedroom to find it empty.

Perfect. She wanted to be alone.

FrozenSolid

Post by FrozenSolid » Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:51 am

Ellie sits cross legged in the middle of the dimly lit bedroom of the Barrith Mansion. She was alone, and that was exactly how she wanted it. Inside, Ellie was dealing with an emotion that was dangerous, very dangerous. To herself, and anyone around her.

Rage...

It had been over a day since the failed attempt to spy on the Cordorian Queen assembly. Everything had been going well, Ellie's disguise was ideal, perhaps some caught a glimpse of her collar but they were too uncertain to approach. That changed, for whatever reason people became suspicious and advanced on her.

She tried to scoot towards the Amnish representative, having bluffed her way as one of the soldiers, but the Amnish representative wanted nothing to do with her. Perhaps she was also suspicious, People of power always have to be suspicious. Things only got worse, surprisingly, the area ended up being warded against Lenses, that was unfortunate. And as the mob of people grew closer and began calling her true name out she was left with but one choice. A hostage.

Ellie advanced, ran, moved quickly reaching out to grab the most pathetic of all the canidates, a pretty girl with as much brains as a rock. She felt her fingers close around her throat, felt the smooth skin begin to crease within her grip. Then time froze.

It's easy to be a mage, you simply wave your fingers around and the carefully laid plans of others are undone instantly. Ellie was paralyzed, managed a prayer to escape it by the power of La'laskra then was paralyzed again all the byproduct of some man who did not much more then stand and waive his hands around.

It was infuriating.

And in those moments, she was struck down by a small army of 'heroes.' She didn't have much time to feel pain, she was concious of herself falling, a small army of 'saints' all too happy to destroy her. Then it was over.

The fugue. Time lapsed, she waited for an eternity her mind lost, thoughtless. She stared at the walls of the tunnels, her heart told her to wait. La'laskra would return her to life. Eventaully. And she did, she came to in the jail cells in Cordor.

But that time had passed. She was not executed and returned to Andunor. So here she sat, cross legged in the bedroom wrestling with Rage...

Ellie took a deep breath, a calming breath. She wanted to give into this rage, let the firey blood run straight into her heart. She wanted to let the hate drive her, she would go and fight, fight everything. Fight a hundred paladins and die. It didn't matter. She didn't care about success only the pain she could cause. To anyone, anything.

But she wasn't a Barbarian. She was not a slave to her anger. She was a blademistress, a weapon master, she had a stable mind, a stable heart. Good or evil she was not insane and she was not going to give into insanity now. But she was wounded. Deeper then she had ever been before. And the wounds were not all physical.

She still heard the yapping of that goat Nehala, lecturing her like she was some deliquent teenager. Did she think death was a joke? That the threats she made were some sort of teenage angst? Teenage angst is not what drove Ellie's blade through the flesh of the rangers she butchered in Cordor. Nor was it what drove her to tease elves with death.

Then there was her hair. Ellie prided herself on her appearance and then the demented child elf Jadoth cut her hair while she was unconcious. He butchered it, then when Ellie came too, hid behind another man, perhaps hoping the masculinity of the other man would make up for the lack of his own.

It was strange in these moments of extreme anger Ellie could feel the power rippling through her, like a guyser waiting to burst but at the same time she felt calm, as soon as she felt near bursting in rage she would lapse and become calm storing the energy, holding it, but not letting it loose.

Ellie understood her anger needed to be channeled. Unbridled it was useless, like a wave of water against a wall of rock it would do nothing.

So she held her rage, let it course through her veins.
Eventually her time would come.
And when the moment was right she would unleash it.
Her heart twisted. She hurt more then she could describe.

FrozenSolid

Post by FrozenSolid » Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:29 pm

Ellie's blue eyes watched as the strands of black hair fell away and collecting around her shoulders. With considerable reluctance she had reached out to a friend for a hair cut. The idea was to cut it all evenly so that when it grew back it wouldn't be lopsided and weird.

It was difficult, for all the things she was dealing with the issue of her hair only served as a catalyst to set her off. Luckily, her hair stylist was also some degree of a friend and Ellie allowed all of the thoughts she could manage to put into words to spill out in abundance.

As the hair cut ended Ellie pushed a hand through her short hair. It was soft, freshly washed, but so short... Pangs of anger rippled through her! It wasn't so much the length of the hair, as it was the reasoning behind it being short.

There was an easy solution to hiding her embarassment however. She would simply never, ever take her helmet off except in private until her hair grew back and that seemed sensible.

As the next days would continue, Ellie spent a considerable amount of time in silence, meditating and calming the flow of her emotions and mind. On her heart weighed revenge, and she would have it. Eventually.

FrozenSolid

Post by FrozenSolid » Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:39 pm

Freedom

For over a year the dark steel collar that was wrapped around her throat was an eternal reminder that no matter what she did or chose she was still a slave. It was the first thing anyone saw when they looked at her, the dark steel clamp indicating that her life was not entirely her own. She was identified by it, existed by it. It was like a cancer to her, something she wanted to remove but was never able. Until now.
-
Ellie stood ontop of a hill surrounded by tall windswept grass. It was night time, and the crickets and other nightime bugs happily chirped filling the air with a comfortable hum of calming activity. Ellie was kneeling before a figure, her eyes focused on him behind her helmet. It couldn't be true, but it was.

They exchanged words, then the figure placed his hands on the collar around her throat and to Ellie's complete astonishment the collar fell off as if it were nothing more then brittle metal. The cold steel collar hit the grass with a thump. Ellie tilted her head down to look at it.

As reality dawned on her she discovered she had been holding her breath. She sucked in some air and slowly brought her hand to her throat. Using her fingers she gently rubbed at the spot where that abyssmal dark steel collar had been. All she felt was her own skin. She choked on her emotions, a sob found its way out of her mouth.

Emotion surged through her like a quickly moving river, she gasped for air, then cried falling forward onto her face as the tears ran out of her eyes like rainwater. The figure collected her collar and left, he had nothing else to say.

Ellie lay in the grass face first crying pathetically as the weight of over a year seemed to lift from her shoulders. She was free, at last. But freedom was bittersweet. She had dreamed of this moment throughout her time in captivity, desired it at times more then anything else. And now that it was here and her entire life was set before her, she found that perhaps she was still shackled.

Shackled by the choices she had made. Who she had become after such a long time trying to survive in the darkness. Could she ever change what she had become? Was there really any hope? She didn't know. Maybe the Dark wasn't her home after all, maybe she could find a place beneath the sun once more and repair what damage she had caused.

Her heart ached. She could decide now where to go. It was all up to her. She was free. Truly free.

Ellie cried into the grass, the sob slowly reducing to sniffles as she rolled over onto her back spreading her arms out as she looked up at the sky and watched the stars basking in the cool light of the moon.

She was free. At last.

... Ellie fell asleep in the grass, staring at the sky until her eyes shut. She awoke as the sun rose the next morning finding her armoured shell to be damp from morning dew. She let out a groan, sleeping on the ground wasn't exactly comfortable and then slowly got to her feet.

"Where should I go?" it was the only question she had. She had a lot of choices to make.

FrozenSolid

Post by FrozenSolid » Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:27 am

"An Outcast..."

That's what I am. I suppose it shouldn't be a surprise to me, maybe I'm even proud of it? There's no doubt I earned the status. It does make me smile a bit, thinking of the panic I caused. Someone told me I am a legend in Cordor. I don't know about that, but I am glad at least my name is known.

Things are different now that I'm free. I didn't expect it to hit me so hard but this sensation was... Unimaginable. I never realized how sweet freedom was until I had gone without it for over a year. And what a year it was...

I'm walking now, through the mountains of Guldorand. I left my mistress with a kiss, it was a really good kiss, the sorta kiss you'd day dream about. It was real. Gray wants me to succeed, she loves me enough to let me go and I think that's why I love her enough to come back.

I turned my key over to her. I need time to just... Be myself, let my hair grow back.. And decide... Decide if maybe I'll turn myself over to Quentin to be forgiven. I met him at the foot of the Radiant Heart temple, despite everything I've done he told me he was happy for me, being free of my collar. He told me he was sorry he couldn't do more. He hugged me.

Quentin also told me about his own struggles, about being tortured... His lack of true friends and his efforts to maintain his values. I felt like we were connected somehow, I don't think I could ever be his lover but the struggles we've endured together why the hell am I drawn to him? I don't know... I didn't want to kiss him, I just wanted to sit in his arms... Maybe that's what real love is. Maybe that's why I can't get him out of my head.

Something else changed inside of me when my collar fell off. I realized I had been living off of hate. It was the fire that was fuling me, hate, rage... But when my collar hit the grass all if that passed. Maybe I was angry because I knew none of my choices were truly my own? I don't know, all I know is that I'm tired of hating.

If I ever get the chance to hurt Jadoth, will I? Yes, but I'm not going to fester on it nor will it be the focus of my actions. For Quentin... I hated him because he was better then me. I blamed him for my position... Maybe he deserved some of that? But it doesn't matter, I have a family in the Barrith's and Gray. They are my sisters, and I will return to them because I want to, and that takes away a lot of anger knowing it is my choice.

It's been nice to spend a few days alone. Sleeping is so much more comfortable without that steel ring around my throat. I feel good, I feel happy!

I think I'mgoing to speak to Quentin one last time, to tell him I am going below to be with my family. I also want to be his friend, we have a common enemy, I want to... Lessen his burden, I want him to hug me again.... I... Just hope he understands why I am doing this. I'm afraid it will disappoint him. A major complication is that I have killed... My only defense for that is that in both cases I was attacked first... I doubt that will make a difference but who knows. .. I won't hunt him or his squires anymore. I don't hate him anymore, but I'm not going to put my newly found free life in the hands of my former enemies just for the sake of trying to be 'good'.

After that, I return to my Matron, my sisters. We have a lot of work to do in Andunor and she needs my blade and my brain. Not like, literally but you get the idea... The city is in turmoil, I think soon each side will make their move. Our position of power may be in danger.

But for now, I am walking. I'm not burning up with hate, my hair is still annoyingly short and I've been wearing my helmet as often as possible to hide it. I'm looking forward to it growing back...