The Journal of Moon Church

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

flower

The Journal of Moon Church

Post by flower » Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:42 pm

"....when i first came to surface, I spent most of nights by dancing and singing. During day light i practised divine magic below and explored. But now, most nights i spent onto travelling.Neglecting my religious duty, but perhaps my goddess understands it. The times of adventuring and hanging around are over. Years ago, people just spoke of our Church, but i never saw or heard anything more. And with all elven priestesses, known to us, gone, even these rumours ceased. While Alara did not like Marlevour, it was him, who initiated change. His proposal planted a seed, a thought, which i could not drive away after. Even more, meeting with Angela confirmed that these steps have to be taken.

Sometimes, you ponder over your purpose to just have it randomly tossed on you. I found mine. The Church must go live again. Religious rites must be uphold. Followers gathered, organised.
And foes brought to the sword, victims given justice. While others are good in other things, it seemed in last days my own is to connect them. Those who shared same beliefs but acted without
knowledge of one and another. We gathered and organised, a bit. I have no idea how our followers organise things but goddess given me my dreams...I can hold doubts if these came from her, but to others I need to show self confidence it did. After all it gave sense.

But every time when the things appear to run smoothly, some crap happens. There is that issue with Rhaeg. He is blind and deaf to reason. Quick to anger himself, when you oppose his -baseless, arguments. I cannot envy to the one elected as Decision Maker, who will have to deal with it. And our boys got too sword-eager. They ambushed some banite slave convoy, setting slaves free. I was told that cordorians were displeased, saying it was "unprovocated". So slaying slavers is something you cannot ask of Cordor, obviously. We must go step by step, not rushing out like that...but yes good work, brother. You two did excellent job.

The voting is ongoing and Alara voted me, along with my brother. While i am eager for it, i know what it means. Responsibility already weights down on me. Despite who would become our nominal head, I will focus heavily on my goal. To help estabilish our Church. Make it known. And accepted. We shall see whom others elect for. My vote belongs to Alara. Giving her chance to become it...divided as i am. But i don't think that staying just clergy would have lower the heavy feeling of being responsible, and would clear me of dealing with issues. We shall see where the Moonlight guides us to.

The song in mind, prayer on lips, blade in hand,-"

flower

Re: The Journal of Moon Church

Post by flower » Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:00 am

"...my friends often seem to forget our limitations. Meeting in front of Light Keep's ruins, while sun is rising? Oh Eric. We have waited inside, me, brother and his friend. I hoped for others to join,
but Vaenthil had been busy, with some demon-like thing. We joined up Eric's forces within the ruins and ventured on. To be honest, i had no idea what is going on, we merely arrived to ensure my friend and his allies get it easier. Though the sheer force he brought could walk devils down just by stepping onto them.

The pursuit led us across Hells and we ended in the Umbrick halls, chasing Freth forces. But then elven king departed along with part of troops. Eric wanted to give a final pursuit to throne chamber, just to check things...before we could proceed, Buppi caused troubles again. As long as coronal was present he kept his mounth shut but then, obviously when thinking noone relevant can hear him, began to bicker. His Elf friend Yeto drew blade on me.
This time i was willing to stand ground and fight, but Eric would never forgive me. I let it be on behalf of our friendship. A good call, Buppi is not worth a single word lost. He claimed to be an Eilsitraeen. A drow God, who is a Drowess herself, yet his hatred is beyond control. Both, his attitude and dwelling in hate go directly against our Goddess. So he either fools himself, or is a fake follower. Who cares? He is already isolated, widely disliked, and his stance to us will make it worse for him in addition with every further day we prove ourselves. I'm not worry about that.

The final pursuit ended in a huge disaster. I had to follow my feelings calling me home before it, but you do not leave your friend, not in a way like Buppi did.

On return we found Rhaeg's tents burnt. Elves put them to torch, ending his dream of moving refugees onto our grounds. I am sorry it came to this. I foresaw it, i forewarned Rhaeg year ago. He refused to listen. He even blames me for it, just because i told him what Elves would do and that we opposed him, he claims us to be "siding" with Elves. Are we sentenced to deal with our followers, who are insane, out of reason, deaf to what others may say? But you cannot help to someone, who refuses it. At least it happened before he moved refugees, otherwise it would become slaughter.

Vaenthil finally returned. He claimed Emporium placed bouny on him. I'll speak with Venna, and if they really do attempts for his life, we will go down, pick every single known member of Emporium and strangle them on their own belts.
He was the last one, to vote. I gave my vote to Alara, she and brother to me and Rhaeg, to Vaenthil. Vaenthil's vote made the decision...now I am the Decision Maker and my division within just grew. While I am eager, the other part of myself wishs to run off, from responsibility and the burden it carries.

Lets get to the work. Step by step.

flower

Post by flower » Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:15 am

"...first small ceremony done. Though half of us could not make it there. But quess who came....Buppi. Maybe a first step to the change. Vaenthil was busy below. I like his wit, and had to realize my brother has some too. Shirtless statue sent up in Myon? They both appear to develop more pranks now together and lets hope I am not involved. What drives me mad is knowledge she approves of that.

We received reinforcements from clergy of Cormanthyr. They sent a darksong knight to help us out. He will for time being observe things from Cordor. And an Elf approached me, stating he worships my goddess...our ranks grow, slowly but steadily. We shall soon start our secret actions in Andunor on larger scale.

I am also attempting to set at rest Elf named Fe'dath. To lift guilty and distrust to herself from her, so she could live her life fully. I make small succesfull steps forward with her. I cannot screw that, I'd never forgive myself. With Alara will perform a rite soon, concerning part of that.

It appears we will need to pay more attention to Weiner of Wharftown, how brother called him. Sunites asked for help, and thus we should ready a campaing against him....just when? Too many things to do. On top of that, the rogue Dwarf of Bendir adds troubles. He accused my friend of working together with Qaelan. So after blackmailing and lieing to major he also adds this. That was not a wise step, and his actions require my direct intervention, but i am certain Venna is to give him hell now.

It has been a long time, since i danced for my goddess. The chore of things takes away my mood for it, and when I am not attending our issues, it leaves me exhausted, on spiritual side.

flower

Post by flower » Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:08 am

"...recently i was informed on plans of Jadiira Khal'naust. Whom she marked as primary target. My friend Falgrim came up with idea worthy a Drow. It will take time to put into motions tho. Meanwhile we, I and my brother, started our small campaing below. Filling random libraries with textes, and approaching fresh patrols. They are not so heavily indoctrinated nor tasted power yet.
We found least one, who could answer to the call. As a response Maerwen left threath on my doors. I know of a perfect answer. We will slip into Temple and raze it, slaying followers of Monstrosity in process. But Alara, when i first came up with it, was not fully up to idea. For final decision I will wait for the elven king.

I spotted some Dwarf leading Veritas out of Tower and he carried Saphirra. I followed up, it looked weird, almost kidnap-like. Confusion cleared soon, i joined up them, mistaking "Cordor" for "Cordor".
What a shock when we walked out from shadow doors and right into tavern in Cordor. Dwarf hid us in a room, and i tried to tend their wounds. It help on Saphirra but Veritas, not so much. His talking book tested my patience...and i touched it, aiming to threathen it with candle. Something is weird with. I should have give Veritas hell for it...well lets place it on bottom of things, last thing i need is to attend even his problems.

Of course i used my last lens long before. And pride allowed me not to ask for it, that's how i ended up in sewers. I got lost quickly, took me almost day to get out. During my wander forth and back and fleeing when the entrance led to cordorian street, I ran into Saphirra...and Sarina. A woman i despise, trashing all she had and all we aim for. After a long time i found hard to self control. But Tower claims she seeks redemption...and they played on my god. How..unfair. At least, i may remove one of foes from the list. Lets pray she never comes asking for help, as I could not turn her down. I am not interested in her issues or even engaging her at all.

On the reverse side of page added in faint writting: "Keep lens...do not follow Dwarves into shadow doors...and conjure your brother to carry you over stinking waters of sewers. Make sure he bathed and cleaned his gear after. What a smell!"

flower

Post by flower » Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:39 am

"...such a long time peaceful period until recent days. Some captain Whitebeard kept sending me taunting messages. At first i thought it is a Cluny, but coronal gave me tips onto another drow wizard. And while we searched for someone else, i just, out of joke, tried to conjure that Drow. And...he appeared. As I did not expect that, i pondered what to do with him, and first decided to go with a warning. But he seemed not to catch up onto it. So i sent brother to drop his corpse into streets, rather then into shadow waters...giving him a second chance, to leave us alone. But drow mages never learn, not when you touch their ego...lets see.

...there is a new member of Church. She is either spy going by strict dogma per say or overly naive. I took responsibility for her. I will teach her what life taught me the hard way, just afraid
she will not listen. I would not myself, years ago. I know she called me careless when speaking to her friend. To show a care is a luxury that I cannot provide to my foes. I've seen too much of death
and suffering of others, and my approach just keeps me sane.

...so that ride with Tahlrah, beside being unpleasant in the end, brings even more troubles. Not that he left me, when i laughed out his hurt pride he got from Jantiira. He came accusing me of causing death to people in Guldorand. Then walked off while we still spoke. I decided to take visit in Minmir to think, when he stalked me, issuing insults. While i usually ignore them and laughed those people out, maybe the mere fact he was one i trusted, my impulse was to conjure dragon. The Elf pulled tail and fled as soon as Sarsoa landed. Falgrim's school. He always kept saying if someone insults you, you should stand up to that person. However that Elf fled for Myon tailoring his own story how I chased him across forest assaulting him. Who knows what else lies he added to it. IF he lied in this, how can I be sure his words on Guldorand were true? As far as I remember, he was there. He told me giants are on the bridge, so i rode out, slaying them and riding home. He was there and did none to fight giants coming to town?
He most likely lies on that matter as well. Alara told me he is not Eilistraeen, acting like that, but i am afraid we already got enough lunatics or least crazy persons within us...

...I also visited Maerwen. Good to know woman, whom you will need to slay in future. My visit in her estate had a hidden message. To tell her I am not afraid of her threaths neither that I take commands from her.

...my friend Falgrim was highly angered by that Elf. His fake accusations and lies will yield consequences, my friend will not let it go. Unlike me, he will not feel any quilty if it would come to swinging axe at that Elf."

On the side of the page are written rushed notes: "Do not listen to dwarven way of dealing with honor. Elves do not understand it..." "....Alara called me today her kin (in sense of being an Elf), undirectly while speaking of whole thing. It touched me within."