The Life of a Former Thief-- Elutian's Journal

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

WhiskeyGuy

The Life of a Former Thief-- Elutian's Journal

Post by WhiskeyGuy » Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:38 pm

An old, but well made leatherbound journal, partially full, and partially stuffed with odd bits of paper, containing alchemical recipes, spell ideas, and other writings. A map, nearly in tatters is found near the front, with many marks made on various cities throughout.
It's been so long since I've written here, I barely know where to begin. Since the fire, and my escape, my life such as it is, has been a blur. Time spent running with various miscreants and rabble has left me hollow, always wanting more. That was decades ago, days I can hardly remember, but less than happy times to be sure. The group I travelled with then is not something I would choose now.

I was a scoundrel, merely a scavenger on this world, content to steal, to kill, and take what was not mine in the most inglorious of ways.

Then, there was her, the one I let get away, the Elven maiden with a heart of gold. I felt I had no place in this world and so I secluded myself, like a fool. I drove her and everyone that cared about me away. Years spent alone, subsisting in the forests, a hunter of sorts, but not a grand one.
A thief? There is little to steal in the woods, but much to be taken from you instead.

Here, I changed my path. Here, I found solace in the Seldarine, in Corellon. His teachings of finding beauty in art, in magic, and in the blade and bow. Nothing could have prepared me for my own day of reckoning. Nothing was ever so obvious and clear.

I was meant for something greater. Something unique, though as I write this, I can count the number of people doing the exact thing I intend on both hands. Unique is not truly the word,
reverence, that... that is what I offer to Corellon. To revere the ways of my kin, and train to be all I can. To use the Art and the Blade, to become what my people call... a Bladesinger. An honorable Elven tradition and many Houses are formed of this craft. I'll do it a bit differently,
as in all things I do... from books, from experience and training. Perhaps one day I can call myself a Bladesinger, but for now, merely a novice.