Placeable Bards

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

Polynudj

Placeable Bards

Post by Polynudj » Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:22 am

I thought some of you might enjoy some of the stuff I have been working on. This is the first of 3 placeable bards that I am working on, the idea was inspired by the NPC musicians in Arelith. What I am aiming for is placeables that when interacted with in a module can stop, or start the music playing in the direct area, you can also "destroy" the placeable which makes the bard fall back from the chair and drop his lute. Here he is jamming out.

InTheFlesh

Re: Placeable Bards

Post by InTheFlesh » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:08 am

What do you need to craft him?

Polynudj

Post by Polynudj » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:13 am

InTheFlesh wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:08 am
What do you need to craft him?
Unfortunately it is custom content that will require a hak, no chance of crafting him in Arelith.

strong yeet

Post by strong yeet » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:33 am

That sounds really cool, and the model is well made. Nicely done!

R0GUE
Arelith Platinum Supporter
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Post by R0GUE » Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:26 pm

This is really cool! What I'd love to see is some tools that let PC bards control the music and obviously it would be great if we had some actual instruments and animations like that. Maybe for your next project? :)

Polynudj

Post by Polynudj » Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:36 pm

Thank you both.
it would be great if we had some actual instruments and animations like that. Maybe for your next project?
I would love to work on a system that implements similar animations and instruments for players, though it is a huge amount of work. I imagine I would need someone to do the engine fiddling, while I did the modeling, texturing, and animation to get a project of that scale off the ground.