Website Player Handbook - Images Required

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

Irongron
Server Owner/Creative Lead
Server Owner/Creative Lead

Website Player Handbook - Images Required

Post by Irongron » Sat Jun 10, 2017 1:37 pm

As I stated elsewhere, the one part of the website I would like to improve/add is the Player Handbook. Currently it just shows the text of the New Player Guide here on the forums, but that was only intended as a placeholder until we can work on the next part of the design.

The Player Handbook will be structured into 3 sections. Races, Classes, and The Arelith Setting.

For Races and Classes we shall have an image for each, accompanied by a text giving the flavour of the choice (mechanical abilities will be on a drop down menu), and for the Arelith Setting section we shall have entries for Major Settlements, Noteworthy Locations and Prominent NPCs

We already have some artists working on the web team, but given the scope of this I'm sure we'll fall short of our overall requirements. Even if these are only sketches I would rather use our own art rather than that obtained elsewhere.

So, what do I need? As stated above, images for the different races and classes, or if you're interested to try your hand at producing images for your favourite NPC or in-game location please give it a try.

To save people working on anything they don't need to I will eventually update this post with images I can already bank on. I have not yet spoken with many of our artists, so this list is likely to expand as I do so.

DM Symphony
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Website Player Handbook - Images Required

Post by DM Symphony » Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:28 pm

Does screenshot modifications like this count?

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-yXV ... UMyT212R1E

I scrapped this together in about 20 minutes (from a screenshot in the gallery for comparison!), which was mostly experimental, trying on different colors and styles. I think with a decent workflow I can do each one in about 4-5 minutes.

Might be easy to get a lot of races/classes that way, and maintain an amount of standardization.

Let me know!

Edit: Here's the image in context.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-yXV ... XFERXJrUTg