Durvayas' Kudos To The Community

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

Durvayas
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Durvayas' Kudos To The Community

Post by Durvayas » Sun Oct 20, 2019 4:41 am

I've been here for years guys. I never thought it'd get to this point, but it did.

I'm leaving.

I don't really play casters. Never have. This past update broke just about every single character I have, the most important ones... unsalvagably, I fear. It robbed me of the will to log in, and I haven't the stomach to deal with the uncertainty of the next year; Haven't the faith that some have in the dev team (under Irongron) to effectively(nor in a timely fashion) fix what was broken on seemingly a whim, and I'm unwilling to endure what we can only expect to be months, maybe years, of abrupt, blind, and buggy mechanical upheaval as the server I have loved all this time is entirely rebuilt in his image. I don't know if I'll be back. I hope I might... someday. I hope I recognize the place and community when I do.

I'm moving on to the next chapter of my life. Discontent to just be playing on different servers, hoping to find one that feels like home, I'm also building my own. I've never done it before, and its new, its unusual, its a lot to take in.

So before I go. From the bottom of my heart, I want to thank the community for the good times I've had here over the last seven years. Its been a wild ride. Arelith has been my home away from home. The place I go when life is shit, and I've needed a place to unwind, a shoulder to lean on, a friend to confide in. I've met many people I'm happy to call my friends.

You've been like a second family to me. I'm not going to attempt to list names, there are far too many of you to list, and I know I'm going to forget people. I'm pretty sure you know who you are, and many of you might be thinking to yourself "Pshh. He must be thinking of someone else" You're probably on the list too.

From the old timers of the old Udos Era to the fresh faced newbies with no idea what they're doing, I love you all. I wish you all the best.

Keep in touch. Durvayas#9840

Plays: Durvayas(deleted), Marco(deleted), Hounynrae(NPC), Sinithra Auvry'ndal(rolled), Rauvlin Barrith(Active), Madeline Clavelle(Shelved)

Sindaglin

Re: Durvayas' Kudos To The Community

Post by Sindaglin » Sun Oct 20, 2019 4:59 am

You will be Missed Bro......You showed me alot when I and Arak were just a newbie to the Andunir and the server in general . The times we had man those were awesome nobody and I mean nobody expected an Orog and a female Drow to be best friends by we each understood one another and that is all we needed to me defying the Districts to hunt you down for supposed allegations to you defending Arak during the Matrons meetings ...man we stood by each other regardless the circumstances. I always new besides my Deep Legion , Rauvlin would be right by my side to defend Andunor against any Threat !
“ Brothers , what we do in life echoes in eternity “
Sindaglin Cu'thalion Sentinel of Myon - deceased
Arak War Chieftan of the Deep Legion -ActiveMain

Aethan

Post by Aethan » Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:12 am

Best of luck in future endeavors bud! Shame I didn't get to come have that beer with ya. I appreciate you taking Xi'arra in and helping so much for a player new to the server. I echo many of your statements which you know full well. I haven't logged on in a week, and I usually play far too many hours daily. So, I can understand where your head and heart are at to some degree. I'll miss you around here man, I imagine I'll probably still play after I work out my rebuild. Maybe.

I always though Rauv was cool as heck, the way you changed her accent in different languages with her was always amusing and unique! I came here to play with a friend, but you were one of the first new ones I made. It's going to be lonely in out La'laskran corner without you.

In an effort to bring levity, I have only one more thing to say.

Strength in Pain.

Okay one more... Stay in touch.

-Xi/Skuurj

Rasha
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Post by Rasha » Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:39 am

Rauvlin, this saddens me. The day I decide to return to the server is the day you depart. I get it. I wish we had more time. Your characters were utterly delightful. Sending you all the good mojo juju in all your endeavors. <3 Sazal'
-=- Somebody that You used to Know -=-

A Mystery Clock

Post by A Mystery Clock » Sun Oct 20, 2019 12:06 pm

See you, space cowboy.

Polokko

Post by Polokko » Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:13 pm

Hope you come back some time, but I'll sure I'll see you about anyway. It's been a lot of fun playing with Rauvlin, and I hope the server goes well.

hmm

Post by hmm » Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:52 pm

See you later, Tater Tot.
Find a group of people to make the world with, it's alot more fun to develop with others.

-Plays as Axe

Grunf

Post by Grunf » Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:03 am

This tread is a lie...you will come back and like Arelith again, we all know that.🤣😘

Also we all get hasty with decisions maybe devs with some new things or maybe you with this, time will tell(its too soon to tell), i know only one thing that in life is best to try than try not...so i support your DEV interest as well arelith ones for trying to improve as both represent the only way for our nwn community to go forward and being done in free time(i still dont know how you all manage).

I like your toons specially the one that is an NPC in Andunor also put by these DEVs. I am always sad when old Pit Town guard goes, less and less chance for some history to be noted...seems i am destined to grab hands of Chirnuk, Spets and Nives now as last ones and dance in circle while we note our version of fall of Udos and Pit Town.🤣

Cya in the game, someday!😊

Amnesy
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Amnesy » Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:35 am

It was a pleasure to RP together.

We'll be in touch, the world is small after all.

SiP.

Opustus

Post by Opustus » Mon Oct 21, 2019 1:06 pm

Good luck with the project! Looking forward to hear more about it.
Characters: all poor babies suffering from neglect

satan

Post by satan » Mon Oct 21, 2019 2:02 pm

Rauvlin is the only char of yours I met, but she was very well played. Your departure detracts from the whole.

Best of luck in coming chapters
Xyxz - Goblin spider druid. RIP
Flail - Orog weapon master RIP
Krom - Half orc Barbarian RIP
Glyngolyn - Firbolg Shadowdancer RIP
Jigjog - the least industrious Kobold ACTIVE
Muck - munching on carion. ACTIVE

Zaravella
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by Zaravella » Mon Oct 21, 2019 6:05 pm

Goodluck out there, will keep a light on.
"Power is not revealed by striking hard or striking often; But by striking true."
-Honore de Balzac-

Talvenlapsi

Post by Talvenlapsi » Mon Oct 21, 2019 6:41 pm

Take care out there! Maybe our paths cross again ~!
You need the Dark in order to show the Light.
- Left the Isle: Sabre Brightburst, Liberty, Lila Havenfall, Lillaniarin Dragonsbane, Avidelra Aza'Athreen, Hexflaerin Amav'fer, Eclipse Silverbane

Sathiroth

Post by Sathiroth » Mon Oct 21, 2019 6:45 pm

Rauvlin will always remain one of my favourite drow, and one of Bels best buddies, through thick and thin. Hopefully, you'll come back someday if not, we'll still keep contact :)

Belfryn - Retired

Subutai
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by Subutai » Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:55 am

Never really got a chance to RP with Rauvlin more than for a few minutes once, but I always heard great things. I'm sad to never get the chance. Good luck with everything!

Aila

Post by Aila » Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:13 am

I don't know you but I have heard of you. Other players have spoken highly of you.

I am sure you will be missed and I hope you do return!

notnow

Post by notnow » Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:19 am

Meant to send you this before you left:
*Lynn quietly tucks a rolled up bunch of plans back into a deep pocket in his coat at hearing the news*

And aww, Really liked Rauvlin and you were great as a player. Thanks for the short times we got.