~ The Plague Never Ends ~

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

Preserver
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

~ The Plague Never Ends ~

Post by Preserver » Sun Sep 29, 2019 2:11 am

Hey there everybody!
I would like to thank you all for a number of things, so many I cannot even list them all properly :D !

Lladria was my first ever PC on Arelith and it was a blast playing her. Ever since the very start I more or less knew her directions because my intention was to build a villain; conniving, seductive, definitely not "strong", but an unpredictable, silver-tongued schemer that would have been ultimately fun to thwart, even if bettersweet due to her web of lies. And every single time I logged in to play I found not only a beautiful enviroment to develop the story and mature players to RP with.

I should probably list some thanks now :geek: !

Well definitely thanks to the DMs for approving of and helping me play the Grand Plague of Arelith; I couldn't have done it without them to bring a conclusion to the story. So thanks Hodoo, Wraith, Avalon Soul, Titania and everybody else that helped or gave insight to improve the plan :D !

And than of course all the players... so many @_@ !

- Tempedius in all his iterations: Lem the Snuggly Druid and Gelberath the wizened!
- DeepDarkTruth with Rachel, Lladria's first affection and example of her hatred towards love.
- Miranda Magna: who welcomed Lladria and made her feel welcome, at ease, always!
- The rest of the madmen, jesters and cooks at the Fool's Clover!
- All the Talonites whose name shall remain unspoken u.u!
- Generations of Cordorian Politics: Freja Stillwater (whose corpse Lladria cursed), Emily (who gave Lladria the chance to wear her colours), Katernin (who gave Lladria the final push to get more power!)... not to mention Peram, Rick, Giogi, Isabel and so many other people that Lladria knew mostly through their political involvement in Cordor.
- Clemency, that Lladria cruelly used: every RP with you was pure joy <3 !
- Wotan Woodberry, friend, patient and so much more!
- Tyros and the Banites... weird relation, but still very enjoyable RPs to have, discussing Faith and submission!
- Vance Gravelle: a special mention... we did a single RP, literally, but that conversation in which Lladria talked of her plan came back to haunt her so many times and it made it a real challenge to keep being an infiltrate!
- Those damn pesky Waynolts, amongst the few who never trusted Lladria even with her silver tongue.
- Tahl and Family, that made a wicked deal!
- Bendirians of all shapes and forms: from the Bettos and their approval of Lladria, to Megan and her stern friend/enemy relation. Not to mention Meriam and her discussion of Faith and Nature with Lladria.
- Ezekiel Klennald, the OG "Your Excellency", Lladria's ultimate judge and a man who showed tolerance, acceptance and mercy.
- Sir Derristan, again one in the wicked web of Lladria's, but a simple man, adorable to RP with!
- Ysmolda, Lladria's companion for a long time and one who pushed her to achieve greater heights! (pun intended).
- All the Guldorand people! The Nostalfays in their mix of stern observance and kindness, the many Shields (most of which are probably currently adopted by the Klennalds), Nora, Sarai, Nick... so many!
- All the Frostblades of the past! Not sure they still read this, but it was on them that Lladria grew her skills, onto them that she forged her mettle!
- Everybody I RPd with and didn't list... If I focus and think I cannot literally think of a single bad or boring interaction I had with any PC on Arelith in the past.

As you noticed I mixed players and PC sometimes... probably because it's late and because I couldn't remember all the account names! But the point still remains, thanks to everybody both for the finale and for the months of RP!
Now to roll something else :mrgreen: !

~ Lladria Sethassiel ~ (Dead!) - ~ Siobhan Gray (Departed!)
~ Elspeth Lynndain (Dead!) - Noasheel Xephrates (Dead!)
~ Yachta - ~ Providence (Dead!)

Gideon DeVay
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Re: ~ The Plague Never Ends ~

Post by Gideon DeVay » Sun Sep 29, 2019 2:39 am

From your posting "To Drown in Pale Waters" to now, I have been so impressed with Lladria as a concept and inspired by your roleplaying skills with her.

What a fun and interesting way for things to end.

Thanks for always taking time to share a few lines with passing folks. It makes a big difference.

Kudos to you, and good luck with the next character!

woodbreeze
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by woodbreeze » Sun Sep 29, 2019 4:47 am

My character didn't get a chance to talk to yours that often, but that didn't stop her from having some influence over my character's daily life. The moot where Lladria pretty much single-handedly defended her religion from the town was a neat RP moment, and the player is very kind too. Lladria has definitely left a lasting mark.

Mythic

Post by Mythic » Sun Sep 29, 2019 6:19 am

Meriam's discussions with Lladria about Faith and Nature concerning the Plague Maiden were fun and gave me a bunch of philosophical reason to have researched a ton into the different "nature" gods :D

Insofar as her turning out to be a Villain after all this time? called it! Haha, Brilliant character, deep, and it will be interesting to see what comes next
Howling around all year long

Vranohr

Post by Vranohr » Sun Sep 29, 2019 8:08 am

Lladria for Nora was one of the first people she met on Arelith, back when she was scared little cat and remained somewhat liked.

Your way with words always made you the person I simply feared to go up against in conversation. The way Lladria spoke made her so noble yet not posh at the same time.

Each interaction was creepy and I loved it.
I hope to see your new character soon :D
(Maybe Wizard for Conclave? *Eyebrow wiggle*)

Ps. It was Teri who stole the altar in Guldorand long ago.

Kalopsia
General Admin
General Admin

Post by Kalopsia » Sun Sep 29, 2019 8:15 am

I’ve remembered Lladria even though we only roleplayed once or twice. Was really hoping to stumble into her with one of my other characters after rolling Saora :)
Looking forward to your next character!

Durvayas
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Durvayas » Sun Sep 29, 2019 8:28 am

Oh nuuuuuu.. My Talonite never got to meet her, even though I heard about her constantly. Timezones conspired to keep them apart. Hopefully I run into your next character at some point.
Plays: Durvayas(deleted), Marco(deleted), Hounynrae(NPC), Sinithra Auvry'ndal(rolled), Rauvlin Barrith(Active), Madeline Clavelle(Shelved)

Red Ropes

Post by Red Ropes » Sun Sep 29, 2019 8:49 am

was cool stuff

i have always enjoyed our encounters

and you have created lots of roleplay with this
🤡

Hoodoo
General Admin
General Admin

Post by Hoodoo » Sun Sep 29, 2019 9:02 am

I'd lIke to use this opportunity to extend a massive kudos to DM Apollo. He laid the foundation out for most everything concerning the plague and did a fantastic job.

Preserver
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Preserver » Sun Sep 29, 2019 9:03 am

Vranohr wrote:
Sun Sep 29, 2019 8:08 am
Ps. It was Teri who stole the altar in Guldorand long ago.

B-But Lladria liked Teriana!

And yeah, Apollo was super great!

Terenfel
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by Terenfel » Sun Sep 29, 2019 9:29 am

Always said she was a silver tongued plague!!!

but Alrius is going to miss his arch nemesis :(

sarithia

Post by sarithia » Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:23 am

I only met her a few times but what a brilliant character she was, and what a way to go out with a bang!

Greivern Elisbrinn [Active]
Yaen Oakenshade [We'll see]
Anakhsun Emeratu [Shelved]
Jihael [Dead]
Nhil [Inactive]

Petrifictus

Post by Petrifictus » Sun Sep 29, 2019 1:14 pm

Aww! Now Wotan need to find a new friend and caretaker for his health!

Lladria gave a blow of fresh air to Wotan's RP and I always loved our sessions. They were always deep and stuck on the head for a long time, leaving good feelings. Hope many future Talonites take notes from her example.

Thank you for all the roleplay we shared and see you later with whoever you play!
https://petrifications.deviantart.com/
Gnome Wotan Woodberry - (Shelved)
Goblin Toymaker Karma - (Rolled)
Ogre Karstaag da Main Man - (Active)

Seven Sons of Sin

Post by Seven Sons of Sin » Sun Sep 29, 2019 4:01 pm

I loved Lladria. It's always a treat to see well-thought out clerics being clerics, especially of evil deities. I always looked forward to bumping into her!
Previous:
Oskarr of Procampur, Ro Irokon, Nahal Azyen, Nelehein Afsana (of Impiltur), Vencenti Medici, Nizram ali Balazdam, (Roznik) Naethandreil

D4wN

Post by D4wN » Mon Sep 30, 2019 11:07 am

It was a shame I only met Lladria so briefly just before the stuff hit the fan. But the short interaction we had in Cordor and the events thereafter will make sure my character Ember, never forgets her. And an important lesson was learnt for her, so thank you for aiding my character’s development too! What a way to go out hehe. Well done

Currently playing:
Thomas Castemont - Active

Liv McDowall - Shelved
Theodor Helbrecht - Rolled
Emma Young - Rolled
Ember Joyleaf-Underfoot - Rolled

monkeywithstick
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by monkeywithstick » Mon Sep 30, 2019 11:14 am

I think the interplay of schemes between Lladria and Isabel will likely never come to light.
They have been very interesting, sometimes aligned, sometimes opposed and I think neither has ever been entirely sure which.

Our interactions have been a delight and I look forwards to whatever your new character turns into. Thank you.
Characters: Izzy, short for Isabel. Shaena Ash.

R0GUE

Post by R0GUE » Mon Sep 30, 2019 2:33 pm

I still must apologize for stealing Lladria's house and dumping some of her more "unsavory" decorations. :P At least the courts of Cordor were able to reinstate ownership of her house for her!

Lansert

Post by Lansert » Tue Oct 01, 2019 1:48 am

I will certainly miss the differing debates and styles (but also some agreements) between Lladria and Ezekiel. Such a shame it was all a farce to get herself into being trusted in every community (or was it???). I mean Ezekiel will certainly think it's a shame but as a player I loved the dynamic and plot at hand, the long con, the reveal, the style.

Lladria will always remain one of my favorite cleric characters and was always great to RP with.

Karris the Anarchist
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by Karris the Anarchist » Tue Oct 01, 2019 12:53 pm

Cyrinthia will miss her! Few things was as fun as having a public religious debate between a talonite and a banite and just watch as all the paladins would drool, their fascination a weirdly erotic mix between violent repulsion and civilized attraction.
That which doesn't kill you, simply makes you... stranger.

Preserver
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Preserver » Tue Oct 01, 2019 5:37 pm

Lansert wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 1:48 am
I will certainly miss the differing debates and styles (but also some agreements) between Lladria and Ezekiel. Such a shame it was all a farce to get herself into being trusted in every community (or was it???). I mean Ezekiel will certainly think it's a shame but as a player I loved the dynamic and plot at hand, the long con, the reveal, the style.

Lladria will always remain one of my favorite cleric characters and was always great to RP with.
There's a point in arguing that Lladria's lie, though admittedly just a tool in her eyes, became bigger than she expected.
I myself, on a purely narrative style, find the whole concept of the "Pale Maiden Heresy" much more alluring and narratively interesting than true Talonite Faith! Who knows, maybe somebody will actually pick up from there and continue :) !

Xerah

Post by Xerah » Tue Oct 01, 2019 5:41 pm

Lladria was always interesting. From my interactions with her on my "Chauntea" priest to those with Kat, sorry to see her go. I was actually going to remove her from Cordor the day before all this happened, but real life didn't allow me to do it. Though, just as good that a story came out of it, hah.
Katernin Bersk, Chancellor of Divination; Kerri Amblecrown, Paladin of Milil; Xull'kacha Auvry'rae, Redcap Fey-pacted; Sadia yr Thuravya el Bhirax, Priestess of Umberlee; Lissa Whitehorn, Archmage of Artifice

Preserver
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Preserver » Tue Oct 01, 2019 5:46 pm

Xerah wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 5:41 pm
I was actually going to remove her from Cordor the day before all this happened...
D: ! Betrayal!