yellowcateyes

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

Twily
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

yellowcateyes

Post by Twily » Sat Sep 21, 2019 1:47 am

Thank you for all the time you've put into the server and for your words of wisdom in your parting message.

Your contributions have improved Arelith for the better, and I'm sure I'm not alone in saying it is truly apprectiated.

Best of luck wherever your pursuits in life take you; we'll be here if you ever feel like stopping by on the player side to things.

RedGiant

Re: yellowcateyes

Post by RedGiant » Sat Sep 21, 2019 3:10 am

What Twily said.

+

"auto-looting, the writ system, runecrafting"

Even if this was all you did (and it wasn't), each one alone deserves a friggin' medal. You will be missed. God speed.
The GrumpyCat wrote:I CLICK THE HOSTIBLE BUTTON NOW U ARE DED!
Irongron wrote:The slaughter, i am afraid, will not abate.

Drowble Oh Seven

Post by Drowble Oh Seven » Sat Sep 21, 2019 6:12 am

Thanks Yellow. Truly grateful for all the hours of fun your work has given me. I hope you're still able to stick around and enjoy the game as a player.

Best of luck with getting published!

Seekeepeek

Post by Seekeepeek » Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:24 am

Thank you for your work mate. i enjoy using quite a few of them. i wish you all the best of luck in life and beyond. *thumbs up at yellowcateyes*

Reallylongunneededplayername

Post by Reallylongunneededplayername » Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:30 am

So many questions of the past came with an awnser. XD *Hug* Love you.
(>^.^)>) * * * *<(^.^<) <-Magic missles and shield spell.

Batrachophrenoboocosmomachia
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Batrachophrenoboocosmomachia » Sat Sep 21, 2019 11:20 am

Arelith will be poorer off for your absence. Wishing you all the best out there.

Done.

Karris the Anarchist
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by Karris the Anarchist » Sat Sep 21, 2019 12:06 pm

Thanks for everything, and congratulations on the level-up. Good luck and godspeed!
That which doesn't kill you, simply makes you... stranger.

Juke The Spuke

Post by Juke The Spuke » Sat Sep 21, 2019 2:55 pm

Thanks for all your hard work.

Zahlfire
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Post by Zahlfire » Sat Sep 21, 2019 4:38 pm

Thank for everything you've done mate. Sad day to see you go but you go take care of yourself.
The GrumpyCat wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 2:48 am
Perhaps the takeaway is not to go 'Ugh. Lesbians... we should cull them.'
Currently plays: N/A

Who to PM and When

Feel free to PM me with Lore questions!

Seven Sons of Sin

Post by Seven Sons of Sin » Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:13 pm

a great roleplayer, and a great developer.
Previous:
Oskarr of Procampur, Ro Irokon, Nahal Azyen, Nelehein Afsana (of Impiltur), Vencenti Medici, Nizram ali Balazdam, (Roznik) Naethandreil

Fallout

Post by Fallout » Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:13 pm

Damn real world, damn damn haha..
You did top 3 things beside new maps that totally refreshed the game...I also like kobold ambassador.😊

Good luck with your partner, and thank you for all yours free time, hope you log sometimes as a player....but damn real world, damn..🤣

Berried

Post by Berried » Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:23 pm

This kudos thread is long overdue. Thank you for everything (especially snarky kobold ambassador)! Best of luck!!

Borin Drakkmurl

Post by Borin Drakkmurl » Sat Sep 21, 2019 5:41 pm

One of the best ever, in any domain of Arelith.

Good luck on your writting work, and keep us posted on your progress!
Past characters: Daedin Angthalion; Lurg Norgar; Urebriwyn; Ubaldo Ferraz; Erodash Uzdshak; Borin; Belchior Heliodoro; Orestes Fontebela

Skibbles

Post by Skibbles » Sat Sep 21, 2019 7:05 pm

Thank you for offering your free time towards contributing so much to this community!
Irongron wrote: [...] the super-secret Arelith development roadmap is a post apocalyptic wasteland populated with competing tribes of hand-bombard wielding techno-giants, and strewn with the bones of long dead elves.

So we're very much on track.

Xerah

Post by Xerah » Sat Sep 21, 2019 7:25 pm

The amount of QoL that he has added are amazing. A dev I look to emulate.
Katernin Bersk, Chancellor of Divination; Kerri Amblecrown, Paladin of Milil; Xull'kacha Auvry'rae, Redcap Fey-pacted; Sadia yr Thuravya el Bhirax, Priestess of Umberlee; Lissa Whitehorn, Archmage of Artifice

yellowcateyes
Project Lead
Project Lead

Post by yellowcateyes » Sat Sep 21, 2019 8:30 pm

Thank you for the kind wishes, everyone. I'm just dropping a kudos of my own here, directed at Dinosaur Space Program.

DSP has been my 'silent partner' for the entirety of my dev time here in Arelith, and I've been so used to being the face of our partnership here that I totally dropped the ball in giving her the proper credit. DSP was instrumental in keeping my projects organized, in reigning in my excesses and my ill-considered impulses, and providing their own creative input and ideas. It's no exaggeration to say that DSP is the entire reason I got involved in the first place, as they encouraged me to actually step in, offer feedback, and contribute.

So a special thanks to a very special person.

While we're moving on to new things, we wish the community nothing but the best for the future. Peace.
Dinosaur Space Program is my working partner on Arelith-related projects. If my inbox is full or I take a while to get back to you, feel free to PM them questions or concerns.

MissEvelyn
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by MissEvelyn » Sun Sep 22, 2019 12:27 am

Here to echo and +1 this post. Thank you for all the hard work! ❤️

Dinosaur Space Program

Post by Dinosaur Space Program » Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:49 pm

I've lost track of how long I have been tangentially or actively playing Arelith. The server has been there for me during some rough times, some good times, and provided an outlet to make many friends I have come to have over the years.

It's no secret I have health issues and being able to kick back and have some good old escapism was good for me at times.

For all the times Arelith contributed to my life I am just glad, that in the end, I was able to help contribute to it in turn.

Shout out to the endless numbers of players I have made stories with, bounced off of, had a good laugh with, or delved far too much down the serious subject rabbit hole with. You know who you are. Likely. If you don't, then glance at the character list. It might ring a bell.

If I had any sage wisdom to share for all the years I have been here, it would be simply, "Treat others as you would want to be treated." Deep, I know. But fundamentally the core of civility. Be good, people. I know you can be.

And have fun. That I also have full faith in your ability to do.
“The dinosaurs became extinct because they didn't have a space program. And if we become extinct because we don't have a space program, it'll serve us right!”
-Larry Niven

Historical Character List (Updated 9/20/19)

Kenji

Post by Kenji » Mon Sep 30, 2019 6:56 am

Gonna come out of my forum ninja-ing and drop a quick thank-you to both YCE and DSP.

I wouldn't have experienced being part of a great community as a humble little cog behind the scenes if it weren't for the two of you.

Thanks for all the hard work you have put into this server, especially having to take in more criticism than praise while selflessly giving your own time away freely for the development of Arelith. (At least from just my perspective)