-losexp and consistency of logic.

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

Aelryn Bloodmoon
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

-losexp and consistency of logic.

Post by Aelryn Bloodmoon » Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:04 am

No, this isn't sarcasm. I genuinely and actively appreciate the change to lose xp and the reasons behind them, and the change makes the logic of wizards not using losexp for spells consistent and fair.

There's going to be lots of changes and things that rub everyone some kind of way now that haks are a thing, and I also appreciate the transparency and willingness of the team to engage, discuss, and in some cases further modify these changes according to suggestions and feedback.

You guys rock- thank you!
Bane's tyranny is known throughout the continent, and his is the image most seen as the face of evil.
-Faiths and Pantheons (c)2002

Twily
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Re: -losexp and consistency of logic.

Post by Twily » Fri Sep 20, 2019 2:42 am

I second this.

I don't want to say much more than this for risk of singling someone out, but there's definitely many cases that will be fixed by this change.

xalaram

Post by xalaram » Fri Sep 20, 2019 2:58 am

I too am happy with this change, thanks for all the fancy spells too!

Skarain

Post by Skarain » Fri Sep 20, 2019 4:30 am

Just want to chime in a thread where it is appropiate that I too appreciate this change, as well as many other changes, and do give my thanks for the Management and Developement for their ongoing work in improving the server.

People inherently dislike change, and those with a negative opinion are usually the most vocal.

Do not forget however that there are also people who have faith in the work you do and support the vision of the server as it continues to cater as an excellent platform for roleplaying.

Even if things are temporarily rough, i am always in the belief that things will calm down eventually and we will all be happier with the end result - it just takes time to get there. Feedback is listened. Just be constructive while giving it and respectful towards others as human beings. It will turn out just fine in the end.

Lexx

Post by Lexx » Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:18 pm

Preventing people from abusing the -losexp mechanics so they can churn out wands and enchant top tier then swap to a combat feat is good enough a result to see from this happening. It's not ideal but something I support all the same in it being done till a more nuanced solution is made.

Thanks to the devs behind this and the spells!

Drowble Oh Seven

Post by Drowble Oh Seven » Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:31 pm

Thanks to the team for their continued work. I'm loving the new availability of spells and the continued development here. I've got my own opinions on the -losexp changes, but we'll sit tight a while, see how it goes.