Monks

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

Dreams

Monks

Post by Dreams » Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:00 am

Monks have a special place in my heart, so I am particularly pleased to see that there has been a lot of thought in this update.

They're not in a crazy place anymore, but they have some cool reasonable buffs and are likely to be played more seriously (from the RP perspective).

Thank you!

RP only starts at 30 if you're a coward.

Orian_666

Re: Monks

Post by Orian_666 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:16 am

As someone that has a monk alt i'm pretty much fine with this change. They were OP and this brings them down a fair bit but still keeps them mostly viable.
Only criticism i'd have about it is that pure monk seems a bit lack luster to me now.
Cross classing monks are going to be great, like really great, but not silly like they were. But pure monk to me (which is clearly meant to focus heavily in the unarmed department as far as I can see) is now very lacking. I think a very simple remedy to this would be to grant Imp Ki Strike 4 and 5 at levels 29 and 30 respectively.
No one is going to take the 21 Wis dip, pure or cross classed, so simply granting them to the pure monk could really give them that very small umpf I feel they now need.
Otherwise all seems perfectly fine to me!!

Aila
Arelith Platinum Supporter
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Post by Aila » Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:27 am

Yes, it ruined pure monk.

DM Axis

Post by DM Axis » Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:45 am

The changes are in place.

You can problem solve, but if you just want to complain we'll lock it down for you.

Thank you.
"It is evil things we shall be fighting against, brute force, bad faith, injustice, oppression and persecution."
- Minister Neville Chamberlain 1939
Discord Contact : DM Axis#2344

Queen Titania
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by Queen Titania » Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:40 pm

Also make sure to post in the appropriate topic. Kudos here, Questions and Feedback in their appropriate forums. I've moved two posts into Q&A that should have been there.
Please don't feed my sister.

DM Sollers

Post by DM Sollers » Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:15 pm

Thank you for making it so I don't have to give every boss and miniboss unit 65+ AC, 45+ AB and 900+ HP to compete with the monk hordes in my quests. You know how much they hurt my soul.

Looking forward to future tweaks.
Be kind.

Queen Titania
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by Queen Titania » Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:41 pm

DM Sollers wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:15 pm
Thank you for making it so I don't have to give every boss and miniboss unit 65+ AC, 45+ AB and 900+ HP to compete with the monk hordes in my quests. You know how much they hurt my soul.

Looking forward to future tweaks.
This is very true, kudos for the help with this situation!
Please don't feed my sister.