Long Overdue Kudos From A Long Gone Knight

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

dragonlad43

Long Overdue Kudos From A Long Gone Knight

Post by dragonlad43 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:57 am

After recently returning to Arelith, it has come to my attention that I never really closed out my first character and I really felt like I needed to. So I hope the people who I am giving kudos see them somehow or another because you deserve them and they are long overdue (and for some of these they are looooooong overdue).

Gareth was my first character on this server. Starting as a name-less orphan boy from Cordor and rising through the hierarchy of Cordor and becoming a knight of the triad (and unofficially adopting the surname "Beaumains"), Gareth was a lot of fun to play as. His journey covered a lot: Sergeant in the Guard, Paragon and Founding Member of the Order of the Triad, Knight of Benwick, Admiral of Cordor, Magistrate and Head-Magistrate of Cordor, all the way up to Vice-Chancellor of Cordor. I had a lot of fun being in these positions and making so many memories and RP-ing with so many awesome people. I apologize for my frequent disappearances and shirked responsibilities due to my sporadic school schedule, I was on as much as I could be, and I enjoyed every minute of it.

So, now for some looooong overdue kudos. Some of these people may not even be around on the server to read these but I feel the need to thank everyone just the same (my apologies on name spellings, it's been awhile):

First the Guard:
-Drift Seaborn: Possibly the coolest character I ever met. Gareth looked up to Drift a lot and served as one of Gareth's first role models in the guard and one of his first friends on the server. He would later introduce Gareth to the wonderful world of the Cordorian Government! A great character who made a great impact on Gareth, thank you!
-Arawen Winsbane: One of the first people I interacted with on the server. Gareth and Arawen joined the guard around the same time and so they advanced up through the ranks together. She was another good friend of Gareth and they went on so many adventures together through their time in the guard.
-Amra Venrona: Along with Arawen, Amra was among the first people Gareth interacted with. Amra became a good friend of Gareth and his favorite smith, forging both the sword he would forever carry and forging him a new hand after he lost his
-Anden Smith: Gareth's right hand man in his latter years in the guard. Gareth and Anden went on numerous adventures together that somehow always started with Anden behind the counter at the nomad. Cheers, my friend!

Very Honorable Mentions:
-Vincent Dimarco
-Larilwa Seel
-Kyomi Sinvah

The Triad:
-Rosalie Raynor: After meeting Rosalie, she quickly became a spiritual mentor for Gareth. As a priestess of Tyr she took this paladin of Tyr under her wing and helped him get on his feet in Arelith.
-Eric Lugger: Where to begin? Through the Order of the Triad, Eric became one of Gareth's best friends. They went on soooo many adventures and quests together (The quest for Benwick will still be finished!). Thank you for the awesome memories!
-Kyle Frayer-Eldafire: Again... Where do I even start? Gareth met Kyle in the guard and he knew him through the Order of the Triad as well. Kyle also quickly became one of Gareth's best friends, and it crushed Gareth to watch Kyle fall from grace. RP with you was never boring, always some new story or twist!
-Sir Berenor: Another good friend of Gareth! There with him until the very very end (literally right there when I rolled him). He was always someone Gareth could count on, even when it came to looking after his daughter after he was gone
-Arcavius Ryde: A true and loyal friend! Also there until the very very end, Arcavius and Gareth would swap knightly stories of their adventures on the mainland all the time. A truly instrumental person in the development of Gareth as a character
-Cath'shee Srinshee: A foil to Gareth's light hearted and care-free nature. Cath'shee cared greatly about everyone she knew and didn't know. Gareth and Cath'shee had many great conversations and went on many wonderful adventures together. She was truly a good friend.
-Artemisia Bibliophilius: Coming into the Triad in the latter part of his time there, yet nonetheless, still crucial and important to Gareth's story. Another good friend he made through the Triad. The quest for Benwick is what really brought them together. Thanks for the great adventures and great RP!

Very Honorable Mentions:
-Noirin Kivna!!
-Obren
-Azrael
-Klaus Bloodwolf

The Government:
-Arael Laceflower: Arael was Head Magistrate when Gareth first joined the Magistry and she sure did teach him A LOT. Gareth looked up to and respected Arael so much. Her death gave him humongous shoes to fill as the next Head Magistrate. Thank you.
-Snow Emil: Gareth was Head Magistrate whilst Snow was serving as Interim Chancellor. I will ALWAYS remember when the law boards were stolen and they had to recreate all of the laws from memory. Then they spent a week or so re-vamping the government with the "Seperation of Powers Act" only to have the King shut it down in a matter of minutes. Gareth always respected Snow in everything she did. Thanks for the great RP
-Pierce Wellby: The man that honored Gareth the most by selecting him as his Vice-Chancellor. Gareth served him as best as he could within his short time as his Vice. This was the time my schedule filled up and it really really pained me to leave. Thank you for taking a chance on Gareth. He was very honored.

Very Honorable Mentions:
-Elwood Thron
-Buppi
-Nehala

Others:
-Celestia Merlin: Celestia could have fit into a few of those other categories but I couldn't determine where their paths crossed the most. Celestia was always someone Gareth could rely on. She was there for him as a friend through thick and thin. I sincerely thank you for all the great RP.
-Rhaeg: Rhaeg and Gareth had an interesting relationship. Though they rarely saw each other, their meetings contained some of the best conversations Gareth ever had. Rhaeg always knew exactly what to say to make Gareth question his actions and his allegiances right down to the very core (even if he didn't show it). Thanks for the awesome RP!

Very Honorable Mentions
-Amadeo Pneuma
-Duncan Waynolt
-Lacroix Sudetan
-Rannos Susidian
-And many many others who's names slip my poor memory who's RP I still valued all the same!

And a BIG SPECIAL KUDOS to the DM TEAM:
Without you all, none of this would be possible. Thank you for having such an amazing server.

Thank you all for making my first character have such an amazing experience! This server is truly blessed with some amazing role-players and I was gifted with the opportunity to have some amazing adventures with you all! Long overdue Kudos to everyone!

And at last Gareth and I have closure...

Adrian Devereux - Active
Robert Drake - Alt
Korlic Bungir - Rolled
Gareth - Rolled

Orian_666

Re: Long Overdue Kudos From A Long Gone Knight

Post by Orian_666 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:01 pm

Gareth was easily one of Andens closest friends, they practically joined the guard together and had been through a lot. Greatly trusted and always fun to hang out with.
They both went their own ways after the guard but it was always nice to see him online doing his thing, and I was always tempted to make a paladin to join the order with him but i'm just too hooked on playing mages =p
Maybe we'll have characters in the same faction again in the future :D

dragonhighlord94

Re: Long Overdue Kudos From A Long Gone Knight

Post by dragonhighlord94 » Fri Sep 06, 2019 5:51 am

I am so glad Berenor and Gareth had a great relationship when they fought and learned together. Berenor truly considered him a brother and Gareth is really really missed especially now. I had a blast rping with Gareth and I hope we have another great rp journey again my dude.