Stealthed playerlist names fix - Thank you Silvard!

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

KT28
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Stealthed playerlist names fix - Thank you Silvard!

Post by KT28 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:48 pm

Stealth-grey names on the playerlist has always bummed me out! Thank you so much for fixing this so we can sneak about in safety from accidental/otherwise metagaming.

-revealparty is also a huge quality of life improvement for stealth characters going through dungeons, especially rogues and elves whose most convenient choices for force-walking is stealth and -alwayswalk (which is a bit annoying to toggle on and off). Thank you so so much for fixing this.

MissEvelyn
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Re: Stealthed playerlist names fix - Thank you Silvard!

Post by MissEvelyn » Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:15 pm

-revealparty is the biggest one for me. No more having to stealth in and out to reveal yourself to the party with the risk of getting instantly targeted by hidden mobs.

Thank you indeed!

pigman

Post by pigman » Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:58 pm

MissEvelyn wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:15 pm
-revealparty is the biggest one for me. No more having to stealth in and out to reveal yourself to the party with the risk of getting instantly targeted by hidden mobs.

Thank you indeed!
This
Hats off to Silvard for the foreseeable future.

LichBait

Post by LichBait » Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:53 pm

Beautiful fix.

Current
Ayiesha Dahyarif
Ilphaeryl Xun'viir

triaddraykin
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by triaddraykin » Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:30 am

KT28 wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:48 pm
elves whose most convenient choices for force-walking is stealth and -alwayswalk (which is a bit annoying to toggle on and off).
Look in controls and assign a button to 'Drive mode Forward' in key settings. I set mine to X. You will be able to walk even if you'd run with W. Enjoy!
Alia: The uncanny knack of Angela Amana to make the otherwise perpetually well-mannered girl lose her temper and be HORRIBLY ASHAMED afterwards.

Who on the Team to PM and When
Public Tower Discord
Tower Library
Scroll, Wand, & Potion Costs

KT28
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by KT28 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:18 am

triaddraykin wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 1:30 am
KT28 wrote:
Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:48 pm
elves whose most convenient choices for force-walking is stealth and -alwayswalk (which is a bit annoying to toggle on and off).
Look in controls and assign a button to 'Drive mode Forward' in key settings. I set mine to X. You will be able to walk even if you'd run with W. Enjoy!
Thank you for the tip! I actually have mine bound to space bar, and I use it sometimes, but I find navigating with the keyboard super annoying and more often use the mouse. Aside from getting caught on everything (though the click-pathing is pretty bad too, admittedly), it's essentially impossible to simultaneously type while driving with the keyboard, so for chatty dungeon crawls I'm always toggling -alwayswalk on and off and clicking. Walking-whilst-RPing is always a constant struggle to finish my character's dialogue and press enter before he reaches his destination :lol:

PeterRasta
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by PeterRasta » Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:03 am

it's essentially impossible to simultaneously type while driving with the keyboard, so for chatty dungeon crawls I'm always toggling -alwayswalk on and off and clicking.
If you shift+click you'll force your character to walk the distance. Just thought I'd mention it as an alternative to toggling -alwayswalk, detect or stealth mode.

Thank you for a cool feature/fix Silvard.
Current characters: Geralt Duskwood, Oddny Baldrsson Svartr

Retired characters: Jared Oster, Basil Murkfoot, Melnor Tey'lin

Yolrii

Post by Yolrii » Tue Jul 09, 2019 12:16 pm

Silvard, I am sure, is a coding god in disguise as a mere mortal. Just let me know where to leave the sacrifices.
Elatha Nostalfay: *she furrows her brow* "So... you lie to... everyone?"
Raice Valaine: Out of necessity, but yes, that's an excellent summary.