A long journey home

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

Veresi

A long journey home

Post by Veresi » Sun Jun 30, 2019 8:50 pm

Hello dear Players,

i've played my main character Serbitar since my start on this server and today i can say i have played this character for about half a year. Thanks to the amazing players from the underdark, and the surface aswell i want to give my kudos to all the players that played with me and made the story of this character so amazing. I even started to write his story down in a sort of bardic story and two players already had the chance to hear his story told ingame. I will publish the story when its finished and i hope some of you might enjoy it or find themselves in it again.

So i want to thank some people that had their time with me in the underdark:

Vier'afae (forma Hunval later Auvryndal)
I remember as your character wrote the claiming attempt and eventually buyed him. You helped me a lot, with my built with understanding the mechanics and gave me many hours of wonderful rp. It has been a big luck to be your slave and i enjoyed it (that sounds a bit awkward!) :D Thank you for your time, even after rolling Vier.

Althaea
The second drow on the hot top 10, we had so much silly rp and i enjoyed the behaviour of your character and of a very different view of how to expect drow. How they act, what they do and what they usually do not do. You made my time even if there were some timezone issues, very very very enjoyable and i love to look back to the time we had slaying the slavers in the tower and the giants. Even if i had to carry you much more out of that caves than usable loot. Some things never change and if the sunlight would have accepted Althaea, Serb would have taken her with him. Sometimes friendship has no limits and this is what Althaea has shown him. Family > than everything.

Renyn Auvryndal
The good ol' matron did a good job in giving the slave the feeling of doing something thats bigger than him. I loved the stories she told him and the way she took indirect influence on Serbitar. There is too much to say than just "you are good", but if i would start it wont stop.

Galot
It felt often like the old bad grandma, but i loved to have the interactions with her. I hope one day i will be able to meet you and your roleplay again, i had a lot of fun with your character and dont forget "You do not speak Xanalress!"

Voxic
Do you remember the awesome moment as he sharpened his blade? I loved that moment and if i could i would do it again, awesome time and funny :)

Sekth
Your tips to hook up with girls all worked. Surely Sekth should have become Serbs wingman hehehe, thank you for the funny brief moments we had.

Tenoch
There have been many characters in the underdark, but i never met one like Tenoch again. He had such an impact, so well played. I thank you for the hours of rp we had, the moments that made my eyes wet and the moments we had to laugh. If Serb had someone he called his father and his best friend, Tenoch got this award. One moment, he got it! Remember? For all who do not know, Tenoch was the most interesting character i have met in the underdark. So much to explore and the roleplay never repeated. This aquaintance saved Serbitar from getting insane and lead him to the path of good. To accept that sacrifices are necessary even if you do not get out anything. Of being kind and caring. We had an awesome time and i never will forget the awkward moment we had as Tenoch told Serb "You know i did not come home because you... what you did not?! Now i am disappointed!" We had so much fun but every good story needs to end and ours has been one i would have played forever. Thank you for some grammar tips too :P

Russ Wolfmane
Mr. Leman Russ, the old geezer. If Serb would have had a grandfather it would have been Russ. The coolest old demon dude in the UD. I miss playing with your character, we had such stupid and funny scenes. This damn undeads below the crinti haha!

Mortuus
We did not have much contact but we went sometimes in some dungeons and i enjoyed it. I like your character and the way the character is represented. I wish i would have had the chance to enjoy this special character more. Maybe with another one, i am looking forward to it :)

Elrithulia Thielle
Who things there arent any hot elven women in the underdark (besides Duvain ofc) . We had a lot of fun smashing everything we could defeat in the underdark and even we had some wonderful roleplay on the surface. Your character is awesome and i hope she will find the place she eventually finds her peace.

The sharps
There have been so many outstanding characters in the sharps i loved to play with and if i start to comment everyone it will become a nearly endless list. Vance Matthew Eryn Harder Kurz and many more. You made the sharps to a cool district and gave this feeling of being in a place where you are "nearly" safe even if you are sorrounded by drow beastmen and others. You made an amazing job and i am quiet sure some people would like to have this stability back. You are all awesome guys and i hope we meet again one day, maybe with other characters.

Eryn Veray
We had so much fun, it has been too short. Hach this damn andunor civic war! Thank you for all the time we had, and the short and long adventures we had. The hours of roleplay and the fun times we had as we knew where Serbs way will lead.

One day my character had to choose to break his chains and he did and he met many characters on the surface. It hasnt been a fast process it was more a sort of long process. He met many people and i want to kudos them too, because they helped him to find his way from the fiends to the celestials.

Meriam
Merry, your character was the major player in breaking Serbs chains. You gave him a reason to go on and you gave him a chance to make things better. Meriam gave so much, and is so well played, a wonderful character and i hope you will stay on arelith much longer.

Ezekiel
The second in charge to make Serb a better man. What to say, we had some interactions but never as much as i would have liked to. You made wonderful roleplay and often gave things to think about. You helped me to create the "new" Serbitar and that makes Ezekiel to Serbs Mentor in a way, even if he didnt really teach him, but he took Ezekiel as role model for some time, till he found his own role in this world. Thank you.

Elatha
God Elatha is so cute isnt she? Everyone knows. Even if Serb had bad mood she managed to make bad mood to a good one. I dont know how you do it, but your character makes others (me) feel comfortable and no one will ever become hungry next to the sneaky Elatha :) Your character and your roleplay is awesome.

Wotan Woodberry
During our Rp sessions one thing has become crystal clear. Your pies are awesome. Your events are a lot of fun. The darts championships have been fun. The language lessons are a wonderful idea, and the Nomads is, as far as i know, the most visited Inn and offers so many things i never would like it to change. Go on and thank you soo much for nice evenings.

Andriarna
What to say, the first hin that made my character feel attracted to. Too bad he got an arrow in the knee :D Thank you for the awesome time between the Queen and Ser Bitar. The only not-knight knight that learned a lot of the queen.

Spring Cobb
Your character made the lonely waiting times in front of the logjam in guldorand always enjoyable, thank you for this amazing times filled with so many different topics i can not remember about what we talked but i remember i always had fun.

There have been many more people i have met but now i want to go to the coreplayers i played a lot with in the last months.

Celestine
A wonderful played young character that often went out with us. A bit stubborn but i guess thats the reason this two became friends eventually, because they were quiet similar. Your regeneration spells and your rp made every dungeonrun funny even if we did not intend to make fun out of it. I hope the queen of the sandorc tribe will rule with a strong hand.

(Sideshow) Bushwack Bob aka Robert Longstride
IF my character had a true brother it would have been Robert, there have been many guys that would have been his wingmans but there has been only 1 place for his brother in arms. For a character so interesting and open minded. Cool and funny. A character more trustworthy if you started to know him. Thank you for our amazing dungeonruns. I played a lot in dungeons but it has been the best time when we went there together with Lavender and Celestine or others. We worked like a machine filled with arrows and wards.

Lavender Herik
What shall i say. There are people you play with and there are people you love to play with. People that play a character you like and to represent a figure that starts to make the own figure comfortable. Over a long amount of time they became friends and eventually more than just buddys. I will always appreciate players that do not come with "Hey our chars are friends now" i appreciate your time and effort you have put in your little bahamut dragon. I hope everyone knows how excellent this character has been and i am glad she eventually went away with Serb and Emma. It has been an ending of friends becoming family. We always will be the wyrmslayers and i am sure the wyrms will fear us forever ;)

Luiz Brightblade
Tha' man. Thank you Luiz player for being so patient and friendly all the time. Luiz always reminded me on a younger version of my character that did not go through the hell of slavery and i guess thats the reason it took so long for them to become friends. Not everyone like to look into a mirror and i really appreciated it that your character became a friend he even trusted to watch out for his wife. We had soo much fun beating up the pirates :D He he he Thank you for the time, you are an amazing person.

Emma Veresi former Cade
Everyone that knows me surely asked himself, "when will he kudos Emma" i chose to kudos her on the last spot because if you read to this point i promise this wont become shorter at all. I started this game with no intention of giving my character a sort of relation or even a virtual sort of love, i created him like the "hey dude go and smash it." boy. I met the character Emma during a run through the gibberlings on a weekend and it took us about... i dont know some hours to finish everything and eventually we played the whole night till the sun raised (for me, the timezones are really bad) i found myself playing for about 10 hours with one person without getting tired because a story started and i have been so eager to know how it ends that i could not go to sleep. Maybe the one or the other had the same experience after finding a character that fits to your character so well. Since that day we play nearly every day together. Even if there are bad times for the characters or good ones, if they are sad if they are happy. In my roleplaying carreer this is something very special for me because i only had this connection to another person once and usually everyone needs a break of someone during the week but this never happened. I guess it is because Emma was well played with comprehensible reactions that always followed a pattern. I had so much fun with many people on the server but there is a large gap between them and emma/ emmas player no one ever will fill on this server. Thank you Emmas player for being the person you are and for playing so well created characters. You always make even a bad day to a good one because you have such a wonderful attitude, and you always try to be there for everyone and i guess many ppl should take an example of this wonderful specimen. We had an amazing time for nearly half a year and i would lie if i would say that i never will miss it, but our story has found an end, and to my surprise it became the best end we possibly could achieve. :)

So for all curious cats. Emma Serb and Lavender went away to the mainland to settle down and to live the life they ever wanted. If that isnt a happy ending, i dont know. This characters could achive this because everyone mentioned and many people i did not list in here helped to make this story so amazing. Thank you all and dont be sad if you are not listed, because there are people i will meet again with other characters and then we will have our own great adventures on arelith.

best regards
Player Serbitar'azar Veresi

Ps:
I am not a native speaker so ignore my bad grammar, if you find anything thats spelled wrong, feel free and take it to my new office in baator. ;)

Mythic
Contributor
Contributor

Re: A long journey home

Post by Mythic » Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:19 pm

If you did not say you were a non-native speaker, I would never have been able to tell!

Serbitar, I dont know where to begin, He was a fantastic character, I first heard of him in the underdark, I dont think I ever saw him before he was mysteriously put into contact with Meriam.

Much love, to a fantastic player behind an interesting toon! Breaking more than one of his chains, even if I feel like I never quite did enough ;)

It's going to be great to see wherever, or whatever you rock up next!
Howling around all year long

Roketter

Post by Roketter » Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:38 pm

Aww I loved Serb! So glad he got to have his *good* ending after all! Tenoch would be so happy to know that, it's what he wanted all along for him!

Skald Haldi
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by Skald Haldi » Mon Jul 01, 2019 12:08 am

Also sad to see Serbitar go. For a long time, you and your group were one of the central pillars of the community in front of the Logjam. Don't think we ever adventured together, but we had lots of neat discussions. Hope your next character is also fun!

Played: Peruruo Longbean, Spring Cobb, Purple (disguised), Ke Rilyn'ervs, Tern Cooper
Playing: Az'alva Sh'yalva

Petrifictus

Post by Petrifictus » Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:13 am

Another good patron gone from the Nomad...
I miss Serbitar and sad to see him go. Enjoyed our roleplay each time you visited the Nomad and that one time road trip.
He was few of the people Wotan could count and trust as friends these days.
Fun to see whatever you next roll and play!
https://petrifications.deviantart.com/
Gnome Wotan Woodberry - (Shelved)
Goblin Toymaker Karma - (Rolled)
Ogre Karstaag da Main Man - (Active)

sarithia

Post by sarithia » Mon Jul 01, 2019 12:17 pm

Serb is SUCH a great character, especially when I found out little tidbits here and there that made me go ‘oh snap son! Would never have guessed that!’
I’m sad to see him go!

Greivern Elisbrinn [Active]
Yaen Oakenshade [We'll see]
Anakhsun Emeratu [Shelved]
Jihael [Dead]
Nhil [Inactive]

SteelsSweets
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by SteelsSweets » Mon Jul 01, 2019 11:50 pm

<3 Miss Ser Bitar.

Really enjoyed RPing with him and as player, you are awesome.

Thank you for all the kind words.
Discord: SteelsSweets#4815

Polokko

Post by Polokko » Tue Jul 02, 2019 4:05 pm

You did a fantastic job developing and changing your character in a living way without breaking the characters ideals. To go from a character who claimed they were content and happy being a slave, to becoming free and still living for pretty much the same purpose, as far as I could tell. It was really weird and great to see, and good to hear about the 'good' ending too. Looking forwards to whatever you play next.