Emily's Last Kudos

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Emily's Last Kudos

Post by Sic Semper Tyrannis » Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:48 am

Hi everyone. Emily left for Cormyr today for good (read: got rolled). She was my first character on Arelith and I put in over 1450 hours on her from November 2018 - June 2019. I'm so thankful for all the people who took the time to RP with me over that period. You're all the real mvps. I built the character as a somewhat shy, polite, insecure LN Cleric of Mystra. She evolved so much from that, and it was all due to the fantastic RP I got to experience. I can't say enough about how much fun I had, or how amazing you all are. None of it would have been possible or nearly as memorable without you all.

Thank you again. Hope to see everyone IG. :)

Currently: Madison Sabel
Retired: Emily Azuretide, Aremis Keidos, Mackenzie Graves

Interium
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Re: Emily's Last Kudos

Post by Interium » Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:19 pm

My character had mostly strained meetings with Emily during a tumultuous time which resulted in bickering and disagreements, but I always had fun with it! A part of me regrets not getting to know her more due to this!
There's no question the impact this character had on Arelith and as your first character that's very impressive!

Luckily there was a final encounter that, I like to think, introduced more likeable sides of our characters to each others and I'm glad they had that meeting!

Big kudos to the player!

Ecthelion

Post by Ecthelion » Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:43 pm

Emily has been and will remain a very memorable character. Thank you for everything !

SilverCrow

Post by SilverCrow » Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:49 pm

emily was dope

lakhena

Post by lakhena » Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:59 pm

I shall always cherish the time Emily nearly caused a diplomatic crisis by offering to hold Vaylani’s hand ;)

Hope to run into your current character soon!
Now playing:
Azalea the Magnificent
Thaelyn Lyrandel (retired)

Royal Blood

Post by Royal Blood » Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:28 am

I enjoyed meeting Emily on Clea. Their relationship was like... A boat on a very disturbed sea, angry and calm uppp and downnn. But the last meeting they had was interesting, really a great RP. Clea won't forget it.
I am not on a team.
I do not win, I do not lose.
I tell a story, and when I'm lucky,
Play a part in the story you tell too.

triaddraykin
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by triaddraykin » Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:24 am

Nooooooo, my schedule just cleared up, too!

Really, Emily was one of those people I endlessly watched for coming online, but they lived in such disparate circles that they so rarely ran into each other. Having the other present at a meeting, you knew it was going to be a productive one, no matter what the others did. Ah gods, I'm going to miss that one. Travel safe, Emily!
Alia: The uncanny knack of Angela Amana to make the otherwise perpetually well-mannered girl lose her temper and be HORRIBLY ASHAMED afterwards.

Who on the Team to PM and When
Public Tower Discord
Tower Library
Scroll, Wand, & Potion Costs

Gideon DeVay
Arelith Platinum Supporter
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Post by Gideon DeVay » Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:30 am

At last, Emily rests!

Zavandar

Post by Zavandar » Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:03 pm

:)
Intelligence is too important

DM Avalon Soul
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master

Post by DM Avalon Soul » Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:31 pm

From what I remember of Emily, she was an interesting character to be sure and while iti s sad to hear of character departures, it is good to hear you sound like you plan on another character!
"How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his brother. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame; for one person, in the dark, where no one will ever know or see. " -- Sebaestian, Babylon 5

Xerah

Post by Xerah » Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:40 pm

Emily was cool to interact with both Katernin and Jossi. All the best with your new character!
Katernin Bersk, Chancellor of Divination; Kerri Amblecrown, Paladin of Milil; Xull'kacha Auvry'rae, Redcap Fey-pacted; Sadia yr Thuravya el Bhirax, Priestess of Umberlee; Lissa Whitehorn, Archmage of Artifice

Subutai
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by Subutai » Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:02 pm

Han liked Emily a lot. He didn't spend much time around Cordor during her main years as Chancellor, so he missed out on most of the political stuff that people bring up for good or ill, but he liked her as a person, and was disappointed they didn't have more opportunities to hang out.

She was a great character, and I always had fun in our (unfortunately few) RP encounters. Claire is awesome, so far, though. Looking forward to more RP in the future!

Rockstar1984

Post by Rockstar1984 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:25 pm

The last time Alice and Emily met, Alice really chewed her out and yelled at her, but hopefully you didn't take that personally because I loved Emily and Alice has just been a brat lately. Emily certainly made some waves, and honestly I never would have guessed that was your first character on Arelith. I'm sure you'll have just as much success on your next character!

Oh the year was 1778...

MissEvelyn
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by MissEvelyn » Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:52 pm

While I didn't get too many interactions with Emily, I'm enjoying Claire a lot. Overall the quality of roleplay you put into your characters is always inspiring and incredible =)

Party in the forest at midnight

Post by Party in the forest at midnight » Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:09 am

Thank you very much for including my character in Emily's story, she left a lasting impact on him. Whenever he finds himself being angry at things, he tries to step back now and keep Emily in mind. I enjoyed everything she did for Cordor as well, she was a good chancellor. It's hard work, thank you for spending all the time and effort on the city. I hope you're having fun with your new character.
lakhena wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:59 pm
I shall always cherish the time Emily nearly caused a diplomatic crisis by offering to hold Vaylani’s hand ;)
That was a fantastic interaction, and now my character knows to never offer a handshake to an elf.

three wolf moon

Post by three wolf moon » Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:50 pm

I'll miss Emily! One of my favorite characters for sure. Good luck with what ever you do next!

WanderingWinds

Post by WanderingWinds » Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:31 pm

Emily is the best. Leandre will miss her. :(

KT28
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by KT28 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:36 pm

I only really had the opportunity to roleplay with Emily once, and it was absolutely fantastic. An intriguing, driven character who I wish I could have interacted with more, but I have no doubts your future characters will be just as fun. Looking forward to what you do next!