Kudos to the Underdark, the devs, and a bunch of other people from Isak Fisker

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

KT28
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Kudos to the Underdark, the devs, and a bunch of other people from Isak Fisker

Post by KT28 » Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:52 pm

I've been slowly writing this kudos post over the last several weeks, and with the servers being down yesterday I finally sat down and managed to finish it.

I'm an Arelith veteran at this point. I've been playing Arelith on and off since about 2009 (though with some extended breaks here and there), and it's been a very long time since I've written a kudos thread. The reason I haven't written a kudos thread in such a long time is because I haven't been this gripped by any game ever since I played a Hoarran monk dope called Nautilus now a decade ago, a character who provided me some of the fondest gaming and role-playing memories I had until recent history.

And I can genuinely say that a huge, enormous, massive amount of the reason I have been so gripped lately is because I did something I had never done before: I made an outcast and have been playing primarily in the Underdark, and having an unprecedented amount of fun. For the vast majority of my Arelith career, I was very averse to the idea of playing in the Underdark. There were a few reasons for that - a big one being unpleasant memories of the old Udos Dro'Xun and the (I perceived) siloed, stifled roleplay that occurred there. Another reason was that monster and drow roleplay just didn't appeal to me that much, and those were the only Underdark options at the time. When rolling up a new character, it was always just a given that it would be a surfacer; I honestly never even gave it a second thought.

The introduction of outcasts changed that (I know outcasts were actually introduced a long time ago, but I'm slow to adopt new technologies). I genuinely just love playing humans - and not for the extra feat at level 1 (though that's a nice bonus!), but rather because I'm enamored with the scrappy, resourceful grit, flaws, and diversity that I find human characters are able to portray so well. I can honestly say that were it not for the introduction of outcasts, I probably never would have given the Underdark a try. I was inspired and intrigued with the concept of a character who, through circumstance, misfortune, and his own failings, simply does not truly belong anywhere at all. So I rolled up Isak Fisker, and I have been absolutely blown away by the quality, the depth, and the quantity of roleplay I found in Andunor.

Of course, massive credit goes to the players themselves for making such fantastic personalities to roleplay with (and that's coming, below!), but I also want to give a huge shout-out first to the dev team, to Irongron, and anyone else who had a hand in designing Andunor and the new Underdark. The decision to move away from the old Udos Dro'Xun and towards a city like Andunor, a diverse, tension-filled trade-city full of misfits and castaways struggling both amongst themselves and the surface above, was absolutely brilliant. I'm so enamored with the Underdark now that I think it's going to be difficult for me to go back to playing a "surfacer" again ("wait, these people I keep meeting on the surface AREN'T trying to exploit/terrify/psychologically abuse my character and use him for their own selfish gain?! How dull!") Seriously, huge kudos to Irongron and the designers of the Underdark both for making a fantastic setting to tell stories in, and making it accessible enough that even an Underdark skeptic like me could feel welcome in giving it a shot.

Okay, here comes the good stuff. I've been playing Isak since the beginning of March, so some of these characters Isak met quite a long time ago while others are new acquaintances with stories still unfolding. I'll try to keep presently-FOIG stuff to a minimum and be vague where appropriate.

Angelo d'Astore / Tiny Dinosaurs - The idea of an Infernal Law Firm was fresh and fun - while Isak didn't get to do much work for the Firm, the one assignment he pursued was a lot of fun and stirred up some great conflict in the UD. Isak held Angelo in high esteem for his ambition and incredible work-ethic. If Angelo is gone now, I'm looking forward to what you come up with next!

Borgoroch - It's immediately clear upon first meeting that Borgoroch is not your typical ogre. With eloquence, cunning, and surprisingly subtle menace, Borgoroch is a refreshingly atypical monster. Really enjoyed the trips to the Lowerdark, and I hope to RP more in the future - either with Borgoroch or some other character of yours.

Brian Rain-Step / Lansert - Brian and Isak share some striking similarities: they're both terrified of everything, and they're both surprisingly more than they first appear. Isak wasn't sure what exactly to expect from this young farm boy who casts magic - and what he found was a young man with striking depth, fierce bravery, and a desperate symbol of the humanity Isak fears he may be losing touch with. Brian is an absolute pleasure to RP with.

Cassius Sjeckyik / Tomato - Through his caretaking of the Undergarden, Cassius manages to stir up an extraordinary amount of RP by bringing so many diverse characters together in one place. I remember being amazed at how the Undergarden was constantly buzzing with people clamoring to understand this mad wizard, plot and scheme together, and just enjoy the ambiance of the garden, which has a mind-boggling amount of thought and detail put into it. Huge kudos for creating a dynamic location to host those rare intersections of Surfacers and Underdarkers coming together.

Chasugana - Chasugana manages to be both genuinely pleasant and simultaneously absolutely terrifying. I have been enormously impressed with how Chasugana manages to express her goals, her motivations, and even her humanity through a quintessentially, unnervingly "drow" lens of viewing the world. Interacting with Chasugana is always a pleasure.

Dorian Reed / Salmon - With his heart on his sleeve, Dorian is the shining beacon of empathy and kindness that Isak could only dream of aspiring to be. That exchange they had in the Crow's Nest was brilliant - having uncovered one of Isak's secrets, Dorian had the opportunity and power to really screw Isak over if he wanted to, and I was on the edge of my seat to see what Dorian was going to do. I love the dynamic between these two characters.

Draxunyl - Both of them underdogs in their own ways, Drax and Isak share the experience of navigating a hostile world that has the deck stacked against them. I wish Isak and Drax could have gotten to know each other better, but Drax (and his many alter-egos) is always a pleasure to have around.

Duvain - The most badass elf on the archipelago. Isak was utterly shocked to learn that Duvain was not actually a drow. Hearing that this elf had earned the right to walk the streets of Andunor unmolested through demonstrations sheer strength and ferocity, Isak knew this elf was someone he'd much rather stay on the good side of. Duvain is a strong, fascinating character and I hope to learn more about this intriguing elven outcast.

Elizabeth Salvatore - There is still so much Isak doesn't know about this mysterious woman, and the more he learns about her, the more he wants to figure her out. Elizabeth exudes confidence, intrigue, and even wisdom every time she opens her mouth. I have a feeling some exciting times are ahead, and I'm looking forward to seeing how Elizabeth and Isak both may fit into it.

Elrithrulia Thielle / Polokko - Elrith understood what Isak is pretty much right away, and she isn't shy about telling him exactly what she thinks of him. She wears her disdain for him on her sleeve, which is always fun to bounce off of! Whether or not these two ever settle their differences, I've always enjoyed how they navigate their quips and dynamic with each other.

Emilio West / Pincushion - Isak had to do a double-take when this strange, one-eared slave gave him hand-guns and a big smile in the middle of the Hub. Eternally cheerful, Emilio is determined to make the best of rather desperate situation, and the subtle menace and depth of Emilio's rather questionable motivations make this cheerful slave an intriguing puzzle to figure out. I'm pleasantly surprised that Emilio's and Isak's stories converged the way they have, and looking forward to seeing Emilio's story continue to unfold.

Emily Azuretide & Rick Snyder - I was holding my breath when Emily and Rick sat disguised Isak down in that house, gave him a pleasant smile, and said, "talk". The subtle but palpable tension to that entire exchange, the looming suggestion that if Isak said a single wrong word or made a single wrong move he'd be a splat on the floor, was absolutely rivetingly fun. Isak is always most enjoyable to play when he's under a crippling amount of pressure, and I am massively grateful to those players who apply it so expertly - Emily means serious business behind the friendly smile and Rick plays the forebodingly dutiful guardian. I hope to RP with both of you more in the future.

Erynn Veray - Erynn and Isak's relationship has had some peculiar ups and downs, but as the dust settled, Isak realized he learned a lot about friendship from his relationship with Erynn. Erynn is a complex and fascinating character with a deep and tragic history, and I enjoyed getting the chance to learn more about her. After a truly hard struggle to find acceptance and peace, I look forward to seeing what Erynn goes on to do next and where she ends up.

Fabian Langley-Karno & Genevieve - Fabian and Genevieve are a curious case of surfacers - choosing to tuck themselves away from dominant society in a form of elective exile, they make you constantly wonder in the back of your mind what exactly they might be capable of. Both characters are portrayed excellently and I always found myself hoping to run into them every time Isak found his way to Sibayad. Cheers for some super fun roleplay and I hope I run into both these players again, on new characters or otherwise.

Ferrli Valepaw - Ferrli is one of those characters who's oozing personality and just plain fun to have around. Isak and Ferrli have had shared many fun moments and quips with each other that brought a smile to my face. Isak will always have a place for Ferrli at his side for spontaneous adventures.

Geryon Steel - Isak's little "vacation" to Skal was a new experience for me - I dropped my character into a strange place where he didn't know anybody, and after spending a few days there, he really started to get to know the locals. Geryon was one Skaljardian who made Isak's stay fresh and enjoyable - I really enjoyed engaging with Geryon over the campfire sharing stories and Isak trying rather desperately to earn the man's trust. Geryon played the part of the guarded loyalist extremely well. Perhaps our characters will run into each other again.

Golden Monk - Yma, you are truly one of my roleplay role-models. I have had the privilege of roleplaying with quite a few of your characters over the years, and they are always dripping with depth, innovation, and brilliance. Golden Monk is no exception. You are possibly one of the most selfless roleplayers I've ever played with and your positive attitude is contagious. Please just keep on being fantastic, as I know you will.

Grace - Isak's relationship with Grace was perhaps more impactful on Isak than Grace even realized. The employment she offered him resulted in some incredibly fun roleplay as he ran about both the Underdark and Surface alike trying to pay off the massive debt that she accredited him. Their conversations about the nature of wealth also made him re-think his own priorities in life… at least until promises of another big payday were dangled in front of his face. I'm very glad Isak met Grace and I hope I have the privilege of running into this player again.

Jagga Khal'Naust - Jagga plays the role of the resourceful and conniving underdog extraordinarily well. Jagga is, as far as Isak is aware, the only drow in Andunor with the Khal'Naust name - but instead of doing as most drow do: aspiring to build a drow House where his power would be threatened by females who would invariably outrank him, he's elected instead to build the biggest trade monopoly that Andunor has likely ever seen, and in doing so earned himself power and influence to rival many who would otherwise threaten him. Looking forward to seeing what happens next with the Khal'Naust empire.

Jhaamdath Xun'viir - This guy. Jhaamdath was probably one the most inspiring, inclusive, and driven villains Arelith has seen in a long time, and I'm so glad that Isak had the opportunity to uh, be exploited by him for pieces of it. Jhaamdath's ruthless hatred and thirst for bloodshed created so much roleplay for Underdarkers of all walks of life and, I can only hope, for the surfacers on the other side too. I am impressed and inspired by Jhaamdath's ability to identify and utilize the strengths of everyone around him to make everyone feel like their role in the greater story is meaningful. Fantastic character, I hope you come back to us before too long.

K'hat - K'hat played the perfect dutiful guardswoman as she dragged Isak off to the stocks in Skal - unphased by handling dangerous and deceptive criminals, she sticks to her guns and does what she's sworn to do. That entire scene was intense and fun, in no small part due to K'hat's performance and role as the ever-neutral arm of the law. I don't know if our characters will ever run into each other again, but if they do, I look forward to seeing what might happen when Isak is faced with the ghosts of the choice he made.

Lluira / Kalopsia - Lluira's cheerful and friendly demeanor is unsettlingly offset by the horrors she inflicts on her mind-dominated victims. She's always a pleasure to have along for an adventure, telling the sad stories of the pawns enslaved to her will, destined only to die. Always a pleasure roleplaying with you, and your other characters (I miss Zalqa!)

Lukas Rasvak & Serevin Zash - I always welcome more villains in Isak's life, and these two deliver. With rumors abound of the ruthlessness of Banites, Isak is suitably terrified of these two ominous knights. I hope the roleplay-seeds that were planted long ago between Isak and Serevin grow into something one day.

Matthew Daressin-Gravelle - Matthew has been full of surprises for Isak. Isak truly had no idea what to expect from this slightly "strange" son of one of the most infamous men on the island… a man renown for the untimely deaths of those closest to him, no less. Matthew revealed himself to be full of surprising self-awareness, openness, and depth. Still a young man with some very large shoes to fill, Matthew undoubtedly has an interesting future ahead of him as the only son of a legend. Always a pleasure roleplaying with you.

Miranda Magna - I am completely floored with how much roleplay this character/player is able to generate for other players. Through her thoughtful management of the Clover, proactive employment of characters far and wide across the island, and now chancellorship of Cordor, I'm amazed at how she manages to be such an influential character in so many people's stories. Miranda is always a pleasure to roleplay with and I hope you continue to have as much fun selflessly giving others purpose as we all have receiving it from you.

Nor - I can't imagine a more perfect villain to a still-young Isak than Nor. The antagonistic pressure that Nor exerted on Isak during his early chapters in Andunor created so much incredible roleplay that there were days I was so excited to see what would happen that I literally couldn't sleep. I appreciate the flavor of Nor's villainy so much because she allowed me to express Isak's cowardice, his fear, and his resourcefulness in ways that he never would have had the chance to express had Nor not lit such a fire under Isak's butt. Nor's villain to Isak's victim allowed me to play the cowardly, resourceful wretch that Isak was designed to be.

Odtgan Zorig-Gerel - Odtgan's unique balance of genuine humanity and firm, unrelenting resolve really resonated with Isak. More than almost any of his other employers, Odtgan offered Isak hope that perhaps, just maybe, maybe, he might have stumbled into working for someone who who was both frightfully strong and genuinely cared about him. Odtgan is an intriguing character for her those brief glimpses into the humanity she so often hides behind the stonelike exterior. Outstanding character and I look forward to seeing more from her, if or when Isak and Odtgan's paths cross again.

Paige Mosbrooke - Twice Isak has found himself face-to-face with this woman and at her complete utter mercy. I loved the surprising callback to the first time they met when Isak, in dire straits, found himself face-to-face with Paige again in Skal. Paige has shown him mercy both times, but what will she do next time? Or maybe Isak's finally learned his lesson? Only time will tell...

Rargud Coalhide - One of the first people Isak met in Andunor, Rargud gave Isak a classic Andunorian welcome - chatted him up and then brandished the slave collar in front of his face. Rargud was the first tough lesson that everyone in Andunor is out to get something from you - a lesson which Isak very much took to heart. Kudos for creating a character who added a ton of menacing ambiance to Andunor.

Rauvlin Xun'viir / Durvayas - Although our characters actually haven't interacted that much, I want to give you a huge kudos because Rauvlin's picking Isak off the street when he was just a wee lowbie and giving him work ended up spiraling into an absolutely insane amount of roleplay and character development for him. What exactly she saw in that stuttering, awkward, and terrified foreigner, I'll never know (probably to exploit him for the gain of her house and allies, let's be real!), but I'm so glad you took the initiative and basically handed me a fantastic roleplay opportunity on a silver platter. This relatively simple gesture on your part had a huge impact on Isak's trajectory as a character - and as he was just a wee lowbie back then, maybe if you hadn't have done this, Isak never would have taken off at all.

Saelynn Nueleth / Revelations - Saelynn is probably one of the strongest, most intriguing characters on the server right now. There's something refreshing and different about her that you almost can't quite put your finger on, and leaves you wanting more. Her selfless dedication to being a faction leader is incredibly impressive, and her tenacity and drive as a character even more so. All I can say is, keep it up, and keep on having fun.

Siegfriedr Havaardson - Siegfriedr is a curious nut to crack, with a rich backstory and organic history on Arelith itself. I don't want to say too much here because much of this character's intrigue comes from his unusual relationships and that seems best left FOIG, but Siegfriedr is a pleasure to interact with and I hope to see him around again.

Tenoch / Roketter - Oh man. Where to even begin? Tenoch had such a huge influence on Isak that I honestly don't know what would have happened to him if Tenoch hadn't scooped him up off the street. When asked about Tenoch, Isak often says that he probably would be dead or collared if not for Tenoch - and it's true. Surprisingly sensitive for a self-proclaimed "big bad necromancer," Tenoch more than anyone else accepted Isak for who he was. Their relationship began simply as two people using each other - for protection, for shelter, and even just to feel alive, and their story came to a tragic conclusion when Isak realized just too late that his feelings for the wizard were truly something more. Tenoch was a complex, consistent, and expertly portrayed character and I had a fantastic time roleplaying with you. I can't wait to see what you come up with next.

(DM) Titania - Huge kudos for the palladium-rush that you created in Skal. This plot created tons of intrigue and conflict, and I had a front-row seat to a chunk of it. It's incredible that this palladium plot was so impactful that pretty much everyone across Arelith, Surfacers and Underdarkers both, dropped whatever else they were pursuing in order to make a mad rush for a distant occupied land, creating a huge fun mess in the process. I had tons of fun with this plot and you did a fantastic job facilitating it.

Tracer Bolt / PlunderBunny - Meeting Tracer was like looking in a mirror for Isak - a mirror that reflected the kind of better man he might have become if his life had gone a different way. Tracer was interesting, fun, vulnerable, and oozing with depth. These two characters had incredible chemistry from the start and I enjoyed every interaction they had. I'm bummed Tracer seems to have moved on now, but if he ever comes back I'd love to RP again.

Tzukarakeramine Ashenmark / The Sojourner - I adore roleplaying with Tzu. Whether it's the fantastic and often utterly hilarious emotes, the smarmy, confident disdain she exudes towards all that she considers lesser, or her unsettling, biting anger when her ideals of social order are threatened, Tzu is one kobold who always provides fun, fresh tension and purpose to whatever dynamic she's added. While this haughty kobold may be self-important and arrogant, she also has internally consistent flaws that the player freely allows other characters to exploit - a balance that is difficult to achieve and I consider this to be amongst the highest praise I could give to another player. Huge kudos for a very well written and fun character.

Vance Gravelle / Modus Operandi - Isak and Vance have actually only exchanged a few words, but even so, the legacy and impact of this character transcends his physical proximity. Vance's influence during the war with the Xyvil'kor created a ton of roleplay indirectly for Isak as he desperately (and unsuccessfully!) tried to find his tribe amongst the Sharps. Here's hoping we get to interact more extensively in the future.

Yoaumir - A woman full of surprises, Isak has met up with Yoaumir several times and each meeting only revealed that he knows less about her than he thinks he does. Every interaction with Youamir is filled with intrigue, and I hope Isak gets the opportunity to truly find out what she's all about.

Zaltura Firemane - One of Isak's first true friends in Andunor, Zaltura is not your typical gnoll. Time and again she proved herself to be a loyal companion, always ready to offer a piece of genuine wisdom to steer Isak back on track when he was being his own worst enemy. Isak never would have expected he'd become friends with a gnoll, but they bonded through adversity - and her friendship helped him (somewhat) get over his crippling fear of dogs!

And finally, kudos to everyone else Isak has interacted with, and everyone he hasn't yet. Thank you all for making Arelith a fantastically fun place to play, even after all these years. I can honestly say I think Arelith is just as special and dynamic, perhaps even moreso, than it was in my "glory days" a decade ago.

And to my Andunorian sisters and brothers, I think I'm a convert for life. See you all in the dark!

Iceborn
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Kudos to the Underdark, the devs, and a bunch of other people from Isak Fisker

Post by Iceborn » Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:48 pm

This may be as well the most genuine and well written kudos that I've read in a very long time.

Isak reminds me of a time when I was new to roleplaying, when I was idealistic and I genuinely, heartfully felt that every player was out there to write a story, to get the best of us out there, and while I've been getting old and cynic, his pure attitude to roleplay freely anything that may land on his lap and his dynamics of behavior are my Ratatouille.

We are beholding one of the very few players that are unafraid to be afraid, and that is precious. Something that we are ought to cherish and encourage, because this flexibility of character is, to me, the quintessential lifeblood of, not only our game, but any form of narrative.

Never mind that it arrives on practically real time with a constant back and forth of interaction. No word goes unheard, no motion goes unseen. I aspire to naturally reach the same level of fluidity to be able to give my characters the same dynamism of presence as I see in Isak.
Misc Changes, with the Feats and Skills sublinks.
Available races
Spell Changes
Class Mechanics
Command Guide

Take a look before asking your questions!

LichBait

Re: Kudos to the Underdark, the devs, and a bunch of other people from Isak Fisker

Post by LichBait » Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:39 pm

Isak is a cool dude. :D

Current
Ayiesha Dahyarif
Ilphaeryl Xun'viir

Aodh Lazuli
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by Aodh Lazuli » Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:39 pm

Isak is one of the most engaging, interesting and well played figures I came across in my time playing Fabian. An absolute delight to do stuff with, and I'm sorry I sorta vanished unexpectedly.

I'm actually really touched by this kudos, and I can't quite put my finger on why.
Sofawiel wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:09 pm
Dont text eggplants.

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Post by Sic Semper Tyrannis » Sat Jun 08, 2019 1:53 am

I thoroughly enjoyed my time with Isak/James as Emily. I hope we get a chance to RP again sometime, although it's unlikely it'll happen with Emily. Keep up the great work!

Currently: Madison Sabel
Retired: Emily Azuretide, Aremis Keidos, Mackenzie Graves

Zavandar

Post by Zavandar » Sat Jun 08, 2019 2:23 am

:)
Intelligence is too important

TimeAdept

Post by TimeAdept » Sat Jun 08, 2019 3:44 am

Hi, it's Angelo. Thank you for the kind words. It means a lot to me. I hope you at least got the last delivery meant for you.

Sorry for disappearing so suddenly. My last big regret.

Isak was probably my favorite hire I ever did for the firm. You were a go getter IC and fun to talk to OOC. You were the definition of great engagement, and the server needs about two dozen more of you. I wish I'd had the time to give you the respect you deserved OOC for the effort you put in to the law firm.

Knowing you played Nautilus the Hoarran monk is the icing on the cake. Pierce, my first character, was a fervent reader about Nautlius' exploits, and the Hoarrans went to great lengths to make sure the Nexus Falls, and his statue, stayed safe, sound, and well cared for. You were very much a gigantic influence on his existence and development, so thank you for that.

the grim yeeter

Post by the grim yeeter » Sat Jun 08, 2019 6:34 am

Ah, I didn't know you played Nautilus too. :) Really cool. Isak is a great character. And somehow Borgoroch gets along with him! Had some good laughs. You're a class roleplayer, dude!
Sockss wrote: There is an overriding premise that all changes should be appreciated and welcomed because someone has taken time out for free to make them. [...] I don't believe volunteering should put your work above criticism [...] .

Lansert

Post by Lansert » Sat Jun 08, 2019 7:47 am

Isak certainly gives Brian a storybook adventure to deal with. Intrigue, trust, lies, romance, adventure, the big city, complex political dynamics. More than a humble farmboy could ask for.

good man of god
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by good man of god » Sat Jun 08, 2019 11:19 am

Matthew D-G here.

Thanks, KT28! Isak has been a great character to get to know in recent times and has added another nice layer of complexity to my RP story, and I hope I've been able to do the same for you.

What happens next is anyone's guess, but Isak's presence is being keenly felt by the 'human' side of Andunor, that's for sure.

Keep it up - more fun awaits!

Previous:
Tornius Daressin
Matthew Daressin-Gravelle
Asvusha (Blake Lynk)
Sebastian Webster

Current:
Inkwell Thornwhisper

Durvayas
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Durvayas » Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:36 pm

Isak is easily one of my favorite humans in the UD to RP with.

One of the few humans, surface and underdark alike, who actually gives off the vibe of being afraid in the UD and being in the wrong place at the wrong time, he constantly gives off the impression of one in well over his head, and he is an absolute delight to bounce RP off of because there is so much to work with.

Keep doing what you're doing. :)
Plays: Durvayas(deleted), Marco(deleted), Hounynrae(NPC), Sinithra Auvry'ndal(rolled), Rauvlin Barrith(Active), Madeline Clavelle(Shelved)

Yma23

Post by Yma23 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:17 pm

Isak is splended. I'm just envious about not having such a cool concept myself. Really awsome awsome character who I adore every interaction with. My only regret is I'm not playing more of a bastard so I can't take advantage of him more.

Irongron
Server Owner/Creative Lead
Server Owner/Creative Lead

Post by Irongron » Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:42 pm

Iceborn wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:48 pm
This may be as well the most genuine and well written kudos that I've read in a very long time.
Finally got around to reading this after being linked to the thread, and I have to agree with Iceborn on this.

I wish I could say I knew your current PC, but development has kept me from playing Arelith for quite a long time now. But I do remember Nautilus, very well. This was a character that raised the bar for all of us, and I'm shocked that's it's already 10 years ago.

I'm glad you're enjoying playing in the still (relatively new) Underdark. I still remember when I first played there, and Arelith has never been the same for me since.

Roketter

Post by Roketter » Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:40 pm

KT28 wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 8:52 pm
Tenoch / Roketter - Oh man. Where to even begin? Tenoch had such a huge influence on Isak that I honestly don't know what would have happened to him if Tenoch hadn't scooped him up off the street.

Well, that was probably Tenoch's only good idea!

It's always amazing to be around Isak, and I must say he's one of the most complex characters I've had the fortune to RP with!

strong yeet

Post by strong yeet » Fri Jun 21, 2019 11:56 pm

I really liked Isak when I met him in Skal. It's a shame we never found one another again =(

Revelations

Post by Revelations » Mon Jul 29, 2019 12:00 pm

What can I say? In my book you're a stellar writer and RPer, and I'm grateful I got to interact with one of your characters again. Always memorable, I love to think back to all of the stories we played out together.

Your portrayal of Isak is, as always, nothing short of impressive.
Be faithful in the face of death
And I will give you the crown of life