A goodbye from a silly bard [Lorren's end]

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

niar3tir

A goodbye from a silly bard [Lorren's end]

Post by niar3tir » Mon May 20, 2019 8:34 pm

So, his journey ended in a -ehm- abrupt, yet clearly predictable way :D

Having just rolled him, I'd like to use the chance to thank the people he met along the way, from the bottom of my heart;
you made this fool, that was born only to satisfy a curiousity - can I get at least a char to level 30? the answer is no :D- into something much more interesting, and a blast to play. Thank you.

Avidelra Aza'athreen and Tebryn Ssambra: all bards need a muse for inspiration, and an evil monster to defeat; they were that , and much more. Lorren would have never been anything without you two, and I won't stop singing your praises to any that will listen :D

Miranda: I am truly sorry about the break in, it was an accident :P You sending off Lorren with a song was not planned for, but so perfect I could not believe my luck. Hope the book carries something interesting!

Nel Willoweep (forgive me if I got it wrong)- best adventure, EVER! Always check where the door leads first, before picking it! Keep on looking for mysteries.

Harder and Erynn Veray; for being the most gracious hosts in the whole underdark, and keeping in touch with Lorren even after the whole language lesson fiasco. The exchange of hin and goblin messengers was way too fun - he did not mean those words, I swear :D-

Gelberath: the scariest old man in the island, your help was greatly appreciated, and I enjoyed every second of our short talks.

Chess: wherever you are, keep on being awesome!

Bernard, Eruthil, Filianore and Izgog (did I get it right?): sorry for letting you down, situation changed very rapidly and the hunt for revenge was clearly not the best, storywise. Still glad to have found some mad people that went along with his plan anyway, you rock. It was a blast playing with you all, be it in Skal, getting elven-sexy-time interrupted in the hot springs, or just watching an half orc get drunk on a single cup of whiskey :D

Ada Morales: would have loved to partecipate in your adventure wrecking the factory in the underdark, too bad the timing was just not right. Still, I've enjoyed very much reading and hearing about your exploits to save Skal, keep going strong!

Vale: where are you man?! Lorren missed his friend, I hope to encounter you someday.

Cyrinthia Darkhope: for her composed, dignified demeanor that scared me to no end :D The song is almost complete, you'll have a copy being forwarded. I never did find the ruins in the end, even with a map :D

And many others, that might have shared a drink, a laugh, or just shaked their head at the foolishness of a single bard :D
Thank you, hope to see you again!

Might we meet where the roads cross again!

Karris the Anarchist
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Re: A goodbye from a silly bard [Lorren's end]

Post by Karris the Anarchist » Tue May 21, 2019 5:34 am

Lorren was always a blast to be around! Take care and see you in your next life 🙂
That which doesn't kill you, simply makes you... stranger.

Vatheril

Post by Vatheril » Tue May 21, 2019 6:09 am

Having just read the replay of Lorren's final moments I... I think I need a cigarette to process all that... damn.

Anyway it was a pleasure Lorren it was a shame we never did get to execute the original plan but timezones and such are really rough to organise around. I wish you good luck with your next character and fingers crossed that they make it to level 30. Who knows maybe we'll finally execute one of Ada's silly plans...

Netrial

Post by Netrial » Sat May 25, 2019 5:39 am

Miranda actually didn't find out about the break-in until that song had already been sung, and he was long gone :lol: Otherwise, I think it would've been prefaced with a slap upside the head. Still sad they never really got to sing together, but I did enjoy the moments they had together! Looking forward to possibly meeting your next character.

Talvenlapsi

Post by Talvenlapsi » Sun May 26, 2019 6:44 pm

I will miss Lorren so much for hells sake! You don't even know how I already miss the fool, you bastard! :P I can't wait for the next adventures we have planned, but I'm still so sad that Lorren is gone.. Yet.. I need to kudos you back for your awesome sportmanship, it's difficult to be the losing side of the battle, but you did it really well. Thank you for all the times, we'll be sure to create more awesome memories soon :P
You need the Dark in order to show the Light.
- Left the Isle: Sabre Brightburst, Liberty, Lila Havenfall, Lillaniarin Dragonsbane, Avidelra Aza'Athreen, Hexflaerin Amav'fer, Eclipse Silverbane

Aftond

Post by Aftond » Sun May 26, 2019 11:15 pm

Our brief interaction was enjoyable, shame that planning stuff just IG is so diffcult because of timezones! Glad to see you got some conclusion anyway =].

Waddles
Location: Somewhere west of the prime meridian. Or east if you enjoy the scenic route.

Post by Waddles » Sun Jun 02, 2019 12:19 am

Sheesh, y'get to know a guy. Ha, our accidental break and enter was a blast as was the long wait for a talking to. Just wish Nel could've got to that messenger he sent a few days later, *snaps finger,* oh well. Lots of love, mate. And you did get Willoweep right.

-Waddles