Skaljard Cup

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

Madgamer13

Skaljard Cup

Post by Madgamer13 » Mon May 20, 2019 9:30 am

I'd like to offer Kudos to the many, many people involved in the recent Skaljard Cup and its entirely unexpected outcome (At least for me). There are too many people for me to list kudos to in this thread, but I'll mention those that had the greatest impact on my little lost sailor Noyi:

Evan; Your drive to win and inclusive approach to bringing along far too many sailors on the Penny Rose was hilarious for me to watch. While that hilarity soon faded in the series of events that occured to your character and crew, the narrative follows a bittersweet outcome with lots of development potential. Well handled, and I look forward to RPing with you again!

Cull and Larson; Even when things went horribly wrong, you both stood by Noyi and related to her as fellow lost sailors, much to my amusement. Our interactions were quite memorable for me, and I know a continued relationship will be held between our characters as our personal arcs continue!

Falgrim; I couldn't pass up the opportunity to fly over in bird mode and caw at you, merely due to my liking of Falgrim as a character. Little did I know that after the chaos of Rayne's landing, the Thane of Brogendenstein would very quickly become a central figure in the respects offered to Noyi. Despite falling on the beach, she found herself revived again in the company of stout hearted individuals that joined her until their eventual victory. All of that was only possible with you. It was a pleasure for Noyi to join the Ironhelm's crew, even under such circumstances.

Jhaamdath and the 'bad guy' group: Never could I have expected such an aggressive and overwhelming response to the Skaljard Cup. The sheer depth of interference offered has had clear repercussions across Arelith and Skal, even bringing the DM controlled officials to speak on the events that had occured, all wrought by your actions. From some IC accounts from others, I also came to understand that in the victories achieved by your group did not end RP with the victims of your hunt either, which pleased me greatly. The sheer shock of the intervention is likely to have a lot of impact in a few character's personal story arcs that I am aware of. While Jhaamdath is no longer with us, I'd like to raise a cup (Pun intended) to his honor as an antagonist in this event.

The DMs; the staff involved in this event handled everyone excellently. I had quite a giggle when Titania wrought a storm on the penny rose and hit Ada with it, all due to her boasting about being immune to the weather. Your handling of Jhaamdath's interference is also excellent, with the way the officials spoke at length about the events that unfolded. I look forward to seeing how the DM team advances story arcs that stem from the Skaljard Cup!

I've only recently returned from my hiatus after the conclusion of Myrrh, and I can say that I thoroughly enjoyed the event offered. I hope to see more of them in the future!
  • Kritheris Gwette (On Hiatus)

Durvayas
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Re: Skaljard Cup

Post by Durvayas » Mon May 20, 2019 3:24 pm

As one of the people in Jhaam's crew of privateers (I don't think dreadnaught crews really count at pirates, as they're directly sanctioned by Andunor) I want to give a shoutout to captain Evan and Hasshana (I'm sure I'm butchering the spelling) for being really good sports to our taking her prisoner and the RP that followed.
Plays: Durvayas(deleted), Marco(deleted), Hounynrae(NPC), Sinithra Auvry'ndal(rolled), Rauvlin Barrith(Active), Madeline Clavelle(Shelved)

MajorMix2007

Post by MajorMix2007 » Mon May 20, 2019 7:29 pm

Noyi was great. I always enjoy the one on one personal RP moments the best and Noyi facilitated a lot of this for Larson/Noyi, it was great fun. Also loved the way she busied herself about the ship with sails and rigging and what not. I was feeling a little numb to do it myself but was very fun to watch.

I want to second the Kudo's to the DM's and those organizing it. What a chaotic mess it turned into but I guess the craziness is part of the fun. Certainly led to some fun RP.

Kudo's to Jhaamdath's raiders. They really ruined the race in a great way! Loved the goblin messengers after the boarding party was repelled. e.g. 'Thank you for dealing with (i.e. killing) the failed bordering party for me' and 'oh BTW expect an appropriate reprisal all the same'.

Kudo's to Evan and all the work he and whoever helped him put into organizing the crew of the Penny Rose.

Kudo's to the pirates for honorably bowing out out of respect for 24 hour rule even though I'm told combat log reveals they didn't really start the fight on Raine's island. Who did I wonder .... :o

Kudo's to the dwarf (Falgrim's brother?) Larson got into a dust up with and the heated words exchanged after words. Great fun.

Kudo's Alia the great motivator / encourager on the Ironhelm. Loved the ballad about Erik / Vance.

Vrass

Post by Vrass » Mon May 20, 2019 7:55 pm

Apologies to whoever was with the Troubadour, told the navigator to get us close so could say hi and he frigging grapples and asks if i want to send a boarding party to take it over. Not what was intended.

Wrips

Post by Wrips » Mon May 20, 2019 8:26 pm

The race was awesome!

A major kudos to everyone who took part on that!

Ecthelion

Post by Ecthelion » Tue May 21, 2019 11:07 am

Despite all the chaos, that was an awesome event, very thrilling ! Kudos !

Lycan

Post by Lycan » Tue May 21, 2019 3:30 pm

I want to thank everyone who squeezed their way onto the deck of the penny rose with me and apologise for the chaos! I had some rp events planned but it was so chaotic organising people, responding to tells and trying to follow what was happening that rp was all but abandoned untill over half the crew had been killed or captured. I also wanted to thank the murderous fellow who raised me on the dreadnought for some rp and allowed Evan to redeem himself in the eyes of his crew by bartering for their release. It was an interesting end to what would otherwise have been a bitter end to the race for the penny rose.
Grayson Stringer
Edwyna Fallows
Eduardo Dragoon
Evan Devlyn (Aldred Whistler)