Kudos for Skal

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

Parchir

Kudos for Skal

Post by Parchir » Thu May 16, 2019 2:40 pm

Hello there!
Wanted to give kudos to every adventurer that was on Skal past year even when you never interacted with me there is huge chance that I was watching your character and RP from shadows.

I was playing on Skal and RP (as a dragon who truly never was a dragon) for over a year , about 2200 hours in total, each day watching Skal and admiring people ideas/characters but also learning lore of dnd. Parchir started as a totally blank character with only 3 purposes : to behave like myself in this amazing world, bring laugh and joy to others and to do dragon RP. Thanks to a lot of amazing players during my time on Skal I managed to fill my character with tons of details and learned a lot of things. I kinda felt that my character had a small piece of everyone inside him and I always was eager to improve my RP to create must fun environment for everyone around so they will have great time during playing on Arelith. During my whole time on Skal I tried to help every new player with everything that can cause any problems for them and to help them adjust to world in faster and more enjoyable way for everyone.

During my first months almost everyone never noticed my character in middle on Skal - to be honest I was quite shy to RP with anyone because I felt it will destroy immersion or something like that. Watched every character, recorded it in my book and sometimes subtly helping them when they had some issue both IC and OOC. My personal dream was to become a official dragon for Skal – mentor and guide for newbies. Anyway enough about myself I wanted to give kudos to every player that was playing during this period of time – at the end I got recorded over 160 unique characters that had amazing lore or brought a little RP to Skal. I will name few of them from my list , probably some don’t play anymore and others still are playing the game:

Master Smokeshield – sadly I don’t remember name but thanks for showing me around Skal, helping me with few problems with the game and for letting me aid you with building your idea for West Skal Wall.

Wotan – first ever character that saw something unusual sleeping in Skal, while I always thought that your “events” are kinda boring i always loved your character and RPing with you. Sadly time have splitted us to different islands so we didn’t saw each other too much.

Alfie – Priest of Mystra and amazing teacher that helped me a lot of time during our RP and even beyond that, thanks for all the time you have invested in me, really enjoyed time spend with you and Valeera.

Master Twitch – a crazy gnome from Skal (one of many , gnomes were usually the crazy ones on Skal). Saw me thought a map loading bug while I was “guarding” west wall in my dragon form/sneak combo. Really enjoyed time together sadly it seemed that you stopped playing after leaving Skal.

Master Brox – another crazy gnome from Skal, always felt like he is bored and I tried everything to cheer him up and sometimes I was trying my best to think of a way to put a smile on your face, really enjoyed our RP together.

Geryon Steel – while I really disliked your character I respected you a lot , you were a example for me how druids should be played on Arelith (you were literally first druid I met on Arelith), was very shy to talk with you so I stalked you for like a week till game thought that it got enough of this bullshit and turned me into werewolf near you while I was at shitter basically forcing RP between us. Such silly accident but created a funny RP.

Sir Davous – it was amazing following you around looking how your character evolve.

Rilithar –explained a lot of cool lore to me and mine character. Basicly a second character that ever saw me in my dragon form (and called me giant insect). It was very amazing to interact with you and RP with you.

Gorium – our Skal …. Special guest , really enjoyed watching your shady business on Skal.

Perri – mute gnome , friend of Twitch , a very unique idea of using pictures to try communicating with others.

Salandramicia – while I always felt that every word of this character just insults me I really liked that character and respected her while basicly never spoken with her.

Escanor Morningstar – a priest of Skal who had a rought start but never surrendered.

Tressa Avalara – amazing example how one can adjust one way into a very unique and great RP , I really wish that everything would go other way for you.

Toner Baerel – it was amazing to watch RP from you and that you and others managed evolve RP crated on Skal into much bigger thing.

Eldar Alenuath – it was amazing to RP with you and most times at the end I was logged in just because of you (your name always made me think about starcraft)

Horbag and his company – while our ways of seeing world are different I’m glad that I helped you start your idea of company of traders on Skal, I hope you had very successful run at the end.

Eliath – I never could remember your full name but I really enjoyed time together (maybe not during your “beginning”). Amazing example how a beginner played can be turned from Snuggybear player into a decent RP player.

Lisanna – a…. interesting way of RP and not always a great one, but thanks for all the time you RPed with me even when I were boring most of the time.

Zao/Mathael – it was short run for you on Skal but I enjoyed that you caused some fun chaos on Skal while not hurting players.

Bohemond of Lyrabar - a very cool idea for paladin.

Evan – I hope your character will develop as you wished.

Sheris Fane – one of first character that ever interacted with me on Skal. Crazy woman who loved to talk to a “wall”
Ezekiel – thanks for begin patient with me <3

Corym, the blind Ranger

Theo Dragonsbane

Ennala - for playing with Bestia

Knights of Darrowdeep Eirik Skuring and Igogh – our small adventure was short one but it was one of my first RP interactions on server. A lot of times I thought what would happen if I would choose to accept that offer to be gardener of Queen.

There were plenty more of characters that I have watched on Skal , probably most of them never saw me on Skal during my first 5 months there while later Parchir have become more known on Skal for his “weird RP”. Anyway I’m glad that I could support and help everyone on Skal with their characters and aid them in development of a lot different stories and events that we made together on Skal.

Zaravella
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Re: Kudos for Skal

Post by Zaravella » Thu May 16, 2019 6:43 pm

My new rogue girl, who shall remain nameless for now appreciates you.
"Power is not revealed by striking hard or striking often; But by striking true."
-Honore de Balzac-

Skald Haldi
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by Skald Haldi » Thu May 16, 2019 10:38 pm

Parchir is/was a very interesting character. As a player, I always wanted to know more about him, but my characters didn't know how to get involved or have any reason to do so.

Most of my characters start on Skal, and until he disappeared later, Parchir was a hallmark of the Skal experience. For all the silly noobs on Skal, there's the opposite end of the spectrum too such as players like you. I don't think any my characters got to know you well - but I always enjoyed seeing you (or more often NOT seeing you) doing your thing.

Likewise, your list of people and interesting personalities deserve the same thanks. Several of these players taught me a lot about how to play Arelith, especially the ones who caused conflict without being jerks.

Kudos both to you and your list of very deserving people!

Played: Peruruo Longbean, Spring Cobb, Purple (disguised), Ke Rilyn'ervs, Tern Cooper
Playing: Az'alva Sh'yalva

Vatheril

Post by Vatheril » Fri May 17, 2019 2:47 am

The first time and really the only time I ever met Parchir was when my druid companion took me to meet you and told me to stand in the middle of your offering plate. I remember you speaking in Draconic and the only words I could make out were 'offering', 'food' and 'hungry'. Then looking back at my companion and her giving me the thumbs up that's it's okay. I also remember being completely confused when no one could see the dragon but a handful of us, the passers-by thought I was crazy. Overall being level 5 that was quite a memorable compared to the xvarts or goblins I encountered prior.

That encounter was also my first major RP in a long time so thank you for the the encounter and helping me shake off the rust. Even though True Dragons are no longer obtainable as PC I hope you get a chance to play one at some point... just don't eat me.

Wybert

Post by Wybert » Sat May 18, 2019 8:05 pm

We had a short but very funny and sweet rp, Parchir, that's led to a lot of spinoff RP.

I really hope that once you've taken a break you've come back. You were great fun, kind, and added a lot.

RP hits a sweet spot in the Realm of the Imagination. Don't starve it =) please.

Sathiroth

Post by Sathiroth » Sat May 18, 2019 9:43 pm

Parchir will forever stay my favorite "Dragon" out of them all, was always fun to come to Skal and rp with Master Jade, won't forget those moments. The myth will continue to go around.

Belfryn - Retired

Lycan

Post by Lycan » Mon May 20, 2019 7:05 am

You're the best Parchir, please come back when you are ready. Arelith isnt the same without the special brand of mystery you added.
Grayson Stringer
Edwyna Fallows
Eduardo Dragoon
Evan Devlyn (Aldred Whistler)

Kenji
Arelith Platinum Supporter
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Post by Kenji » Mon May 20, 2019 3:35 pm

I wish I had more interactions with Parchir ICly via Quartermaster Soirin. They would have made an interesting duo on Skal. But, alas, all of us caretakers burn out at one point.

Do return to us. By then, I believe, I will have another quartermaster in place again.