Kudos from Reena

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

Eira
Contributor
Contributor

Kudos from Reena

Post by Eira » Sat May 11, 2019 9:15 am

First things first! I’m shelving Reena for the time being. Her story right now is too complicated and requires time put into it that I cannot spare IRL. So she’s taking a little vacation and we’ll see how things go when/if she comes back. Plus, angsty rp is fun for a bit, but it does need to be resolved soon to continue to be fun for the player and those around the character.

I want to thank Darren Iorinsbane, Lomy, Danny Welkins, and Mert Welkins for being my RL friends who put up with my eternal hype and begging them to join me on Arelith. Reena wouldn’t have survived without her best friends and family (which is still growing) and I would have been lost without familiar faces to roleplay with.

Special shoutout to Olwin for rolling with the improv of long-lost cousins in the ramshackle backstory I cobbled together for Reena. The Welkins family is always growing; and I’m sorry we never got a chance to play more together.

Even specialer shoutout to WHoT aka Vultzi or whoever the hell you’re playing these days; for first telling me about Arelith and being forever patient with me throughout all my inane questions about lore and builds (and putting up with every single one of my alts ideas).

Lionel: I think Lionel was the first time Reena really allowed herself to trust someone enough to love them. She hated herself for it, and she treated him so badly through constant running away, but he never stopped pushing her to be better. He gave her hope and I thank you for every single one of those stressful and uncomfortable scenes that allowed their relationship to really blossom. I really adore playing with you

Clane: I’ve already told you this before, you jerk xD Every interaction we’ve had was so great. I miss the really intense confrontations, and the first time Reena and Clane said things out in the open was the best Christmas present I could have had. Antagonists are the greatest fun, and as they go, Clane was the perfect one for Reena. Something something alcohol bad decisions?

Rivis, Ecthelion, Skylar, and Mach: The Frostblades were the first chance for Reena to actually believe like she had a chance and that she deserved to be redeemed. I still felt a little bad on an OOG level about that whole little exile issue, but hey, it happens :p I’m glad to see how the Frostblades are improving as a group. My heart stopped when Mach first pulled Reena and Lionel aside, but oh dang that coincidence brought so much story.

Rivis and Ecthelion especially, every deep talk they’ve had was enlightening for both her as a character and me as a player. I feel like in the most painful conflicts, we’re really able to learn the most about our characters. #dadtalksbesttalks

Ezekiel: Honestly, we’ve only had three conversations in these entire 6 months. But Ezekiel is hands down one of the most impactful people to Reena; even if what he says is the opposite of what she wants to hear. He doesn’t let her get away with her usual moodiness, and though she may resent him for it, it’s good for her. Every single one of those three scenes was character-changing.

Wotan: Best dad. I don’t think Reena ever expected to love that dang gnome as much as she did. The Nomad was the first place that she ever felt that she belonged, as bad-tempered of a drunk she was. Every bit of gold she poured into that place to clean out its alcohol stores was a coin well earned. I’ve loved to see how Wotan and Reena grew together in their own parallel stories.

Rick Snyder: Another source of hope and fear for Reena. We've had minimal interactions in the grand scheme of things, but each one, as drunk and fearful or blase and awkward as they were, have been wonderful. I enjoy Rick and what he does.

Adarian Flameweaver and Neli Ore: BAD. YOU TWO ARE BAD INFLUENCES. I love you for it. Reena didn’t realize before she met them, that the pact could be more than a curse. They undid every bit of good that any other character did for Reena and spoke directly to the core of her and the need to be free. Shame on you for being such amazing players and giving me such beautiful scenes whenever they’ve spoken. I loved their adventures and hope for more in the future.

Caradoc: Same player, SAME BAD INFLUENCE. Skal adventure was great and exactly the break I and Reena needed from the mainland angst. Caradoc is a wonderful personality and I looked forward every time I’d log on to play with you. I miss him and all his comments about Reena’s legs xD

Lorenzo: My heart nearly stopped the first time he confronted Reena. I think that was the first time she had really encountered someone so actively against her being a warlock, that both she and I didn’t know what to do. Everything that came from that changed so much and caused ripples and I adore you for making that happen. All their encounters after that were just little snippets of annoyance and fear and Lorenzo became a reason that she actually worried about showing her face. Super awesome. Thank you so much.

You know who you are: Three-day dates are the best dates. Nothing like a nice romantic walk through a jungle and being told that its okay to be a warlock.

Tyros Iaret: Holy crap. The first time I ever encountered Tyros in that meeting place, I was so tense that my hands shook as I typed; just reading what Tyros said and knowing that every answer was so danged important. Heck. Tyros was always able to read Reena SO well. All their meetings shaped Reena’s perceptions of the world so much in ways that I had never predicted. You’re a beautiful writer and Tyros is a wonderful character.

Sheris Fane: Oh boy. You know what you did. Every single bit. You broke Reena down so well and let others build her back up in a way Sheris would approve of. She’s not there. Not yet. But likewise, Sheris was able to pick out Reena’s exact fears and uncertainties and poke them in the right place to make her doubt everything she ever knew. Beautiful character, I love how you’ve created her and I can’t wait for the next time we can play together.

Zahl: I’m sorry I made you cry so many times over my awful build <3 I hope that I made it up to you by admitting my sins against the world of optimal builds <3 We actually need to rp together sometime. <3 Thank you for putting up with me.

Rith Daer: I wish we could have had more chances to play together; but the interactions Reena had with Rith scared her even more when he started questioning what she had told him xD But that entire adventure together was wonderful and I/she will always remember you.

Lyric: Another friend of few fleeting interactions! Reena still owes you a drink (or vice versa, she can never remember). Lyric represents the bard that Reena wishes she could have been. He is a hope in the distance that she wishes someday she may reach. I hope that in the future we can roleplay together, for I love what I see from the character and hope to see more.

cj: for existing

There's so many people I need to speak of and give kudos to, but I am a simple farmboy with a faulty memory and have been wracking my brain for names that are often so obvious they make it difficult to remember when I really need to. I may edit this in the future as well to add anyone I may have missed.

To everyone who've I've roleplayed with; you make this character and these past six months worth every memory. To those who have been okay with Reena being a warlock, to those who gave her a chance to make herself scarce before they tried to kill her, all of it was exhilarating and great.

This is far from a goodbye, but I've been meaning to write a kudos thread like this for a while to express all the lovely feelings I get from everyone I play with. Arelith is great and I'm so glad to have joined. Six months down, on to six more.

I exist to describe the world around us.

Akorae

Keth'ym Evanara - wandering better paths
Veriel Xyrdan - married and happy
Reena Welkins - Dead

Discord: eighra

Lansert

Re: Kudos from Reena

Post by Lansert » Sat May 11, 2019 10:52 am

I must say the few interactions we've had are mutually enjoyable for me. Reena is certainly and interesting character having a hard time between doing what she wants and doing what is right and she's made a multitude of stories for herself and those around her without a doubt.

Here's hoping that when you're ready to resume playing Reena it'll be enjoyable and fun for you!

Ninjimmy

Post by Ninjimmy » Sat May 11, 2019 2:13 pm

The best cousin Areliths Worst Arch Wizard could ever ask for.

From drunken shenanigans to actual dramatic "oh hell, this IS a pickle" moments, Reenas got a special place in Olwins heart. Plus the combo of loads of angst and basically no angst was pretty fun.

Gonna miss seeing her around.
Playing:
Olwin (AKA Olicoros Vrozt Akael Shilligg Jugem Dojj Winzalfur AKA That £$%^ing Wizard)

Astral

Post by Astral » Sun May 12, 2019 5:10 am

Reena was awesome! Every interaction was tense and immersive! Kudos!
Currently playing: Seth Xylo

Petrifictus

Post by Petrifictus » Sun May 12, 2019 5:57 am

I miss my drunkard adoptive daughter already. She always paid her drinks with plenty of gold.
Come back, I get more moonshine to drink! :cry:

I enjoyed our sessions and always tried to take a break from the bar as Wotan just to listen Reena when she stepped in.
While Wotan is a mess himself, he never stopped helping and caring Reena, who was like a daughter to him.
He always made sure couch was ready with clean fresh blanket and pillow for her, as well cooking warm meal to wait.
https://petrifications.deviantart.com/
Gnome Wotan Woodberry - (Shelved)
Goblin Toymaker Karma - (Rolled)
Ogre Karstaag da Main Man - (Active)

Vranohr

Post by Vranohr » Sun May 12, 2019 8:39 am

Hey, Boo!

Well, I actually want to thank you myself for all the moments we had in this very broken, and not working relationship that was Reena with Lionel. I loved it so much, and you know the things I did not like, but won't talk about them here.

I will say that despite completely, utterly failing at bringing Reena to light by the Fool-of-a-Spellsword, it was so much worth trying just for the amazing RP we had.

Not only IC, but OOC in our private chats you became a friend to me, and opposite to Arelith, you helped me in coming to light, thank you.

Ecthelion

Post by Ecthelion » Mon May 13, 2019 4:53 pm

Both IC and OOC, you are awesome !

Lyric Moonwhisper

Post by Lyric Moonwhisper » Mon May 13, 2019 7:13 pm

Reena is an absolute joy to RP with. The few fleeting interactions we have had were all meaningful and interesting so I cannot wait to explore their dynamic more!

Zavandar

Post by Zavandar » Tue May 14, 2019 12:43 am

:)
Intelligence is too important

Red Ropes

Post by Red Ropes » Tue May 14, 2019 2:32 am

i love reena and you are nice
🤡