Palladium War - Ice Roads Golem Factory Raid

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

MajorMix2007

Palladium War - Ice Roads Golem Factory Raid

Post by MajorMix2007 » Wed May 08, 2019 12:50 am

Wanted to give a shout out to everyone who participated in the raid on the golem factory and it's aftermath. Was a bit messy during the actual raid but still a lot of fun.

Much thanks to Ada for all the prep work IC / OOCly to get this organized, approved, and to run things. The mixed group added some intrigue and a bit to the chaos. The disguise and card deck names were a lot of fun even though Larson is still pouting about being the lowly 'Jack of Clubs' compared to all the other cool kids.

It was fun running with some of the old Skal notables (Six and King) even if Larson didn't know who they were ICly until later.

Thanks to Kelli for figuring out to use the ballista as a weapon and turning our fruitless efforts against the giant Minion into a much needed victory. Also thanks to the silver elf (Sinderth?) who seemed to show up and the right time and help the party get back on course.

I think I enjoyed the aftermath and dealing with the Jhala-minigon as much as the raid itself. Much thanks to Eziekel and the Guldorand crew for helping with this and dealing with the ravens and bird-men. Loved Ezekiel's nose pinch when the trouble first came to his doorstep.

Thanks to all the Darrowdeep crew that helped in someway before and after ... Kael, Vicko, Edward, and Luiz. You all helped give the event a little more weighty feel.

Much thanks to DM_Tatiana for running this and throwing your usual unexpected curve Pufferfish at us both during and especially after with Jhala-minigon. I love the way you take over NPC's at unsuspecting moments and start chiming into the context of the moment (e.g. speedy, arcane tower warden, even Spad).

Condolences to Cola and her perma-death. Still not sure what happened there ICly or OCCly but you will be missed around Darrowdeep.

Vatheril

Re: Palladium War - Ice Roads Golem Factory Raid

Post by Vatheril » Wed May 08, 2019 1:41 am

It's no problem, the Ice Roads Minogon Factory raid was something that had repeatedly come up many times during Ada's battles against Artificer Druids. It ended up becoming a goal of hers because it seemed so impossible at the time while she was living in Skal.

As a player I admit what drove me to arrange this though was my own selfish desire to explore everything Arelith has to offer. Overall it was a lot of fun... that place was difficult and as a player I intend to go back there one day and figure out the puzzle the way it's creator intended and not with "25 Powderkegs, 2 High-Charge Mesmer Coils and a High-Yield Astral Canister" strapped to someone's back.

As for the cheesy card names that came about because I was watching Reservoir Dogs the night before drafting up the plan. Though my plan was always to assemble a mix 'questionable' people which was also inspired by the movie.

Big thank you to:

"Jack of Clubs"
"Queen of Diamonds"
"Ace of Spades" - Especially that ending, that was cool, really cool.
"King of Spades"
"Seven of Clubs" - I'll never forget you >:(
"Eight of Diamonds"
"Six of Hearts" - For pulling an all-nighter though... you're forever banned from handling explosives. :lol:
"Sindreth" - Talk about perfect timing... just appearing out of no where to save the day.
"The entire leadership/citizenship of Brogdenstien for tolerating our 'accident'. :oops: "

and of course a big big thank you to DM_Titania for her time, and indulging in my terrible terrible plan. Also especially for tolerating our confusion and shenanigans around a certain... 'bug zapper' that claimed quite a few lives when really we should of knew better.

Also I never want to hear the words "So... I lit the fuse to the powderkeg... next to the 'High-Yield Astral Canister..." (while everyone is standing in the room) in my lifetime ever again.

Nikko
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by Nikko » Wed May 08, 2019 2:22 am

It was very cool to hear what went down and pass the story on down the line and get involved for a bit. It gave me the chance to introduce things to some people not in the loop on the plotline yet without having to wall of text to explain this was a real thing they should be interested in. Thanks for dragging things all the way from the under dark to Brogendenstein, to the arcane tower to guldorand and adding new people all along the way.

Sorry to hear that Cola went down in this, that's very sad. Sorry I was involved in Jhala's capture so directly. I really want those directly involved to keep agency of their story and try not to push myself into situations where I'm running anyone out of having their day.

Larson and Kelli are awesome, well done characters thrown against a major adversary and terrible odds and still feel like living breathing people who are struggling with this. I look forward to seeing more of Ada and... Well I guess everyone else is dead that I didn't already know.

Also sorry to the new recruits I was talking to, we had a lot of fits and starts and tried to get you more into things, but things went bad, I got enhanced and couldn't get back in for a long time. Was really pushing for you to get an introduction and think you logged by the time I got things sorted. Sorry for that.
Vicko Tannel, First Knight of Darrowdeep
You know there was always that one kid in your class that maybe liked horses a little too much? That's him.

Lycan

Post by Lycan » Mon May 13, 2019 2:56 pm

It was alot of fun! thankyou for the invitation! i have made a summary of my favourite moments during this adventure on the Iront throne event Kudos thread :D
Grayson Stringer
Edwyna Fallows
Eduardo Dragoon
Evan Devlyn (Aldred Whistler)