Thus always to Chancellors

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Thus always to Chancellors

Post by Sic Semper Tyrannis » Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:37 pm

Hello! I wanted to take the opportunity to thank all the wonderful people who have made this past 70 RL days as Chancellor just an absolute blast. I'm bound to forget some names here, so I apologize if I left yours off! I try to extend thanks to everyone in game who makes this all so fun as a hobby. Here goes...

Cordor

Rick Snyder: I could write a whole post about Zavandar alone. Tremendous player, and what a fantastic character. Rick is played consistently, even when his faults cause him and others problems. That's dedication to a character sheet that I don't see often enough. The depth of transformation over time is also stark.

Weston Cain: One last shout out to my main man Weston. Terrific character that still impacts others to this day, nearly 2 months after his death. That's how you know you played it right.

Elias de Kaliburn: As I said in your other thread, I love how much RP you generate. Too often people look to others in positions of power to define the requirements and boundaries of what RP is going to occur. You took the baton and just ran with it to your own agenda. And I was just happy to sit back and watch you create something that involved a lot of people and took on a life of its own. Well done, man.

Bertrand Woodman: I love what you've done with your character concept. You took something very difficult to play and made it malleable in a real world. I'm a little disappointed we never got the culmination of who Bertrand is while Emily was still Chancellor, but there's time yet! I've enjoyed how dynamic he is as a character where you often see the class defaulting to something a bit more... formulaic.

Miranda Magna: Classy through and through. Things didn't always go Miranda's way with Emily around. You could even make the argument that Emily could have been considered a nemesis-type character for Miranda after some events. But the amount of depth you put into the Sharessan Bard and help you've given me OOCly is appreciated.

Albrecht Nothstein: Emily's failed redemption story. She may have worked magic on others, but the character will never forget the failure that was Albrecht's redemption. From the first term all the way through his ascension I watched Albrecht steer down a dark path and knew Emily was going to end up disappointed. That trauma was some of the most fun I had.

Perfidia Valdez: For a newer character Perfidia has done a great job of inserting herself into many places and carving out roleplay where often it wouldn't have existed for others. There's a doggedness about Perfidia that I respect a great deal.

Lyric: My favorite traditional Bard on the server! I'm always so excited when I finally get a chance to sit down with Lyric. I never leave feeling like the time wasn't a blast and well-spent. I hope we get to have more adventures now.

Olivia Van Graf: I don't think many people look far past the quirkiness, but there's SO MUCH MORE to this character. My favorite moments are when Olivia suddenly gets serious. ...That or the bugburgers. Ew.

Agatha Desmarais: The character growth over time has been fun to watch. You've managed to really take that character in directions not many would have gone. Keep up the good work!

Other stand-outs: I haven't had as much time with others, but for the amount I have, I really enjoyed it so far. Kudos to... Cassius Rook, Leandre, Wotan Woodberry, Horbag Beast Talker, Giogi Silveroak, Vera Leuvaarden, Viris Ela'thar, Ecthelion de la Tour, Gelberath, Lladria Sethassiel, Lorenzo, Rosalina, Loric Argentus.

Brogendenstein / Myon / Guldorand / Tower

Lakas Larthanien: I have never laughed so hard from this game than the time that Rick, Emily and Lakas tracked down an ox in the Nomad and Lakas doot-dooted it back to the farmlands. I love this character more than my own. I often look at Lakas and feel jealousy for how well he's roleplayed. Just that good.

Vaylani Moontear: We haven't had a ton of time yet but every single meeting is fun to see the commitment to a more religious Priestess. It's refreshing, especially for someone who doesn't play a very devout Priestess.

Daeran Selladys'variadie: What a transformation. To go from Who is this ***hole? ICly to We should invite Daeran! took a lot of time, but it was enjoyable. Especially the work put in with both terms to make Emily's stress just a bit less.

Naertho Omayra, et. all: Each character you've played has been a real job to interact with. I learned so much from Naertho about in game locations, and generally how to approach Elves. And your next character was fantastic for the specific RP you were doing with it. I hope to see you around more.

Clea Stormheart: I have seen one other player commit themselves so thoroughly to a character that they are willing to go down whatever dark street and accept any and all consequences willingly in the name of RP. Clea is a fascinating character, and a great player too. Hope she stays around for awhile longer.

Laura Luineth Lee: Although our characters had a roller coaster ride that eventually led to a falling out, I enjoyed the path they both took together, and the times spent commiserating over Mayor/Chancellor grievances, Lathander talk, what to do with Banites... it was all fun.

Ezekiel Klennald: You've done a great job portraying the human side of justice. I think it's often easy to play characters that are solely focused on being arbiters of truth and righteousness to the point of no longer being human. I appreciate how in-depth Ezekiel ends up being with his motivations.

Derristan Barley: A character Emily loves to despise quietly. How Emily sees him is how many others see Rick. And it's quite hilarious to play sometimes, given how great of a player you are. I love the dedication to a consistent effort. And I always look forward to RP moments, even if they make Emily frustrated.

Garrett Kelson: An enigma! Garrett is a character that's tough for many to figure out. Is he the sum of parts? Do some bad decisions define him? The player leaves so many open avenues and puts an earnestness into Garrett that always makes me happy to spend time with him.

Falgrim Vintergard: Military bearing and all the trappings of being an old general. That's the vibe I get from Falgrim and it's been a pleasure to finally be able to sit down with him recently. You've done a wonder creating a dwarf that embodies dwarven culture.

Tanar Vallareen: How could I forget the most interesting Malarite I've met? Tanar and Emily are a strange pair of characters to chat much, but I always walk into it knowing I'm going to see something new. And the ability to translate the world into terms of predator and prey is great. Emily probably should be more wary, but alas, Tanar always finds a way to be more surprising.

Storm: I enjoyed Emily's early days with your other character, and now I've had the pleasure of seeing a completely different side of your RP with Storm. It's always surprising when you realize you've run into an old friend again, and had no idea that was their alt/new character.

Jacob Swift: So much sass. I love it so much, even though it frustrates Emily.

Angela Amana: If any other character on the server is as comparable to Emily in terms of personality, I would be surprised. I often find that Emily has an ally in Angela in any heated discussion both are present in--if only because cooler heads are sometimes hard to find. And the detail! The amount of little things about this character are fascinating. I could vividly picture little Drow ice-skating on her tea just from emotes alone.

Kazen Selizar: Only one big event between the two, but man was it a wonderful time for me. I'll try to put Emily on the Surface server more often for those -yoink RP moments.

Other stand-outs: Haven't had as much chance yet, but I'm loving what I've seen from Paige Mosbrooke, Samantha Lockeheart, Tua, Ithilmor Calebraith, Patrick O'Sullivan, Emelina Selizar, Rann McClow, Meriam Fuzzypaw, Spring Cobb, Arien Klennald, Zathlan Fen'ar, Shaureila Vilow, Angwythiir Auglamyrr, Mordan, Astra V. Starlock, Gotriik Vintergard.

The Bad Guys

Tyros Iaret: No one will ever know how much Emily was influenced by Tyros in this early days before the first Chancellor run. A scared young priestess was given the courage to do something great by a man who saw more in her than she ever saw. I often wonder what would have been if she had turned to Bane. Even still, you create RP all around you, and are just amazing to watch. I often find myself scrambling for a terribly-worded reply because I'm just envious of how good you are at playing Tyros.

Varith Fletcher: Another great character committed to the faults and all the ramifications of his actions. I don't think you get enough praise either for how true-to-form you are with him. A monster with a sympathetic story. The true chicken and egg story... is he a monster because he's a monster, or is he a monster because we made him one?

Neli Ore: Oh screw you for how much you've tormented Emily. I love every second of it, despite how it drags the character back into 2 year old trauma. Such a well-paced and executed plan. What a villain... and honestly, what an amazing way to go about it all.

Jhaamdath Xun'vir: We haven't had too much interaction just yet, but I can't stress enough how awesome I think Jhaamdath is at being a polite-speaking, cold-hearted Drow. It's... just amazing. I almost want Emily to meet him again just for the fun. Almost.

Sheris Fane: Loviatar represent! Loved the theory of pain chat.

Other stand-outs: Cory Ackerman, Henry Bafford, Guenever Dotsk, Annaliese Ravirral

---

I know I missed people, and I'm sorry for that! Did my best to include everyone I could think of, heh. Thank you ALL for making the last 2+ months of Emily being Chancellor some of the most fun I've ever had on a RP server. You guys are the best, and I can't wait to see what's next.
Last edited by Sic Semper Tyrannis on Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:39 am, edited 5 times in total.

Currently: Madison Sabel
Retired: Emily Azuretide, Aremis Keidos, Mackenzie Graves

-XXX-

Re: Thus always to Chancellors

Post by -XXX- » Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:45 pm

Emily's fun. Love teasing her with profound nonsense!

three wolf moon

Post by three wolf moon » Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:54 pm

That is a very flattering compliment, coming from you! I am humbled, and I want you to know that I think the same way of Emily. Roleplaying with you is always an enriching and fun experience, and I hope that now that you're not Cordor'd we can see more of one another.

Mohailo

Post by Mohailo » Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:03 am

Each meeting with Emily has always left me thinking about things from a different perspective.
She's an amazing and well thought out character with an amazing player behind.
Keep up the good work! =)
Psh. I'm just a filthy ranger after all

Royal Blood

Post by Royal Blood » Sat Mar 23, 2019 2:41 am

Thanks for the shout-out.

When Clea got to meet Emily for the first time that was really great despite the circumstances! Emily was great to read she had a lot of personality even if she wasn't saying anything the emotes about her reactions to the unfolding conversation made her full of substance.
I am not on a team.
I do not win, I do not lose.
I tell a story, and when I'm lucky,
Play a part in the story you tell too.

Lyric Moonwhisper

Post by Lyric Moonwhisper » Sat Mar 23, 2019 3:39 am

Emily is an incredibly in-depth character and you enrich every encounter. Whether it's the subtle cues and emotes, or the the times when Emily is shown to be vulnerable, Emily is always a pleasure to RP with and you have my utmost respect as a player.

Memelord

Post by Memelord » Sat Mar 23, 2019 8:50 pm

Pffffft - Snuggybear? Say what you will about Daeran's diplomatic skill - in his four years of harassing people for Myon (officially and unofficially)he's yet to go off on a talky-talky mission and not come back with at least most of what he wanted to accomplish.

(<3 Emily)

Babylon System is the Vampire

Post by Babylon System is the Vampire » Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:27 am

Your post makes me want to add on to the good things you said about so many great characters, but this is your show so I will just say that you are the type of player that keeps people coming back to log in to the server again and again. You take the time to talk to everyone, and you have an uncanny ability to show ooc patience without breaking character even in the slightest. You take risks on characters that most wouldn't because it might lead to their character loosing, and give evil characters a chance to develop as a result. I have a healthy ego, and consider myself damn good at nwn rp servers even if my shitty typing and laziness when it comes to emotes sometimes makes me look like a scrub, but when I compare myself to how you do things it makes me realize I still have a long way to go to get to perfection. I don't really worry about RPR all that much, but if you aren't a 40 then the system is super flawed :)

Shrouds_Abyss
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by Shrouds_Abyss » Sun Mar 24, 2019 6:15 pm

One major event.. the first of many to come, I'm sure. I'm glad you like Kazen so much, as I try to put as much as I can into the character to make him a believable entity in the settings of Arelith. It's been an absolutely pleasure to interact with you, both IC and OOC. I'm looking forward to more from the little lady. :)
Currently playing: Kazen Selizar, Former High Warden of The Conclave, Battlepriest of Tyr

Interium
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by Interium » Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:00 am

Big kudos back to you! <3 Heavy is the mantle of Cordor's Chancellor!

I truly respect you as a roleplayer for bringing so much to the server with your toon alone. It's incredible.

Rumours, hearsay, rivalry and misunderstandings can be a pain! Our characters might never sit down and like each others. I get the feeling Emily's stubborn, much like Derristan, so it is unlikely to happen. A big shame, as I know there's much more to Emily than what a resentful and narrow minded First Axe sees.

Despite that it's safe to say I have enjoyed everything you've created with your character and I'm glad to have been part of it all. Much love from me!

SilverCrow

Post by SilverCrow » Wed Mar 27, 2019 5:04 am

Emily is always a blast, and hopefully with this character we get to interact a lot. And hey! Now you'll get to do more than just laugh at Nae when/if we take walks again!

Gideon DeVay
Arelith Platinum Supporter
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Post by Gideon DeVay » Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:23 am

"Well...we'll always have the Cordor sewers..."

Lots of good memories and RP--Emily is the same as a celebrity as she was as a rat hunter. Glad we made new characters at the same time.

I think what I liked most about Emily was her ability to be inclusive without being patronizing, and strong without being loud. It was fun to see the character develop, and it would always inspire other players to do the same. Cordor was/is lucky to have such a skilled player and well-crafted character.
"Yog don't think Beat Up Guy know how dogman work."

Evelynn Longbrooke-rolled uncermoniously
Drakas Austraxas, The Quiet Fury

Petrifictus

Post by Petrifictus » Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:36 am

"Cordor need more people like Emily." - Wotan Woodberry
https://petrifications.deviantart.com/
Gnome Wotan Woodberry - (Shelved)
Goblin Toymaker Karma - (Rolled)
Ogre Karstaag da Main Man - (Active)