Cordor: "Sic Vis Pace, Para Bellum" Edition

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

Jack Oat

Cordor: "Sic Vis Pace, Para Bellum" Edition

Post by Jack Oat » Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:16 pm

Hey. I play Elias, and wanted to extend kudos to all the neat people I've had a chance to interact with in the past few months, both from the UD as well as into the Surface.

Underdarkers
Alyvas'Aun Xyvil'kor: What could have been a PvP and then corpsebashing you instead turned into an awesome RP opportunity, which I was pleasantly surprised for. The RP was there, the character was dynamic and an interesting shift from the norm of UD Drow (so to speak), and each time I logged on was a great opportunity.

Kurz, Eryn, & Vance: The interrogation RP into what it became, while only a somewhat brief instance, is by far one of my fondest memories of the character to this point and definitely overdue for kudos. The entire dynamic from violent captors to something less unpleasant felt natural and was overall just awesome.

Cordorians
Emily Azuretide: This one (almost!) goes without saying. An amazing character who feels full-fledged, with their own personality, drawbacks, and interesting interactions while at the same time balancing that narrative with the rare ability to grant other players agency to do their own thing without hesitation. I don't think anything in the Guard would have been possible were it not for Emily's autonomy-granting decisions and the player's willingness to let things unfold as they go.
Also? 21-17, 14-13, 17-10.

Rick Snyder: This one too. Same stuff. Awesome character with his own strong personality. Definitely a mainstay of the city's RP and a driving force behind why many characters in Cordor do what they do.

Perfidia Valdez: You're fired. Also, it was great. Easily the worst secretary as far as updating rosters, though. 10/10 would RP with again.

Cordor Guards
Rosalina Varone: While the RP was there, it was amazing. The gradual rise to power of both characters showed so much promise, and was such great RP. 10/10 would do again.

Viris ????: Another one of the most influential impacts on Elias's RP, Viris was the Commander who should have stayed. The same stuff I said about granting others agency with Emily was definitely there from Viris. In-character it shaped a lot of Elias's command philosophy, and OOC it was great fun to be able to interact, do things, and feel like our characters actually had an impact on the way things ran.

Bertrand Woodman, Agatha Desmarais, Horbag Beast Talker, Cassius Rook, Lorenzo Altheanzo: My condolences on being promoted, but congratulations on a slightly higher paycheck each time you actually get paid. Which will be rare. Definitely the staples of the Guard, no good leader can do it alone and these five were able to fluidly take the RP I tried to pass down to them and not only run with it, but drag others along with them and create more interesting stories along the way.

Karl Wulfric: You deserve your own space for your sacrifice to the greater good. And by "sacrifice" I mean your soul. And by "Greater Good" I mean Asmodeus. Woops.
Nah, but seriously Karl was an awesome character to interact with and I look forward to seeing how he develops going forward!

All the other Guards, who I'll list below: You were all awesome. Each interaction with each person was a refreshing take on new and interesting characters with their own motives and motivations, and being able to see how each person interacted was continuously amazing.
In alphabetic order:
Aderes Terah, Aiur Erelim, Alkapaha Krast, Artrius Cassimer, Basheek Orctooth, Boruendil, Ceviran Tylen Dan'ethe, Conlan Lani'aela, Djal Wulfthane, Gabr'eth, Gertrude Gawain, Leon Griffith, Lukas Von Dreyn, Seraph Benson, Veata Theoren, Zinnoa Rossenysto.

There are other people I've interacted with, but I wanted to do this thread for the people I've had opportunities to RP with up until now, particularly the Cordor Guard Gang. We went from about 5 people, ~3 active at the start to a whopping 24, with 21 active as a faction. The reputation ICly went from "haha cordor guards? what're those? do they even exist?" to "oh my god there are like six of you here" and it was an absolute blast to have been a part of. I hope the intensity and fun doesn't end with Elias's leaving. I wanted to step down and give other people a chance to get up there and get at it to keep the lifeblood fresh.

I'll still be playing Elias, though with school coming to its head (last semester here we GO) and other IRL obligations I may not be as active as I already wasn't.

"You shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free."

Garrbear wrote:

quite bluntly we can't balance the server around people who don't play well

Irongron wrote:

My main takeaway from this is that Jack is apparently personable

Party in the forest at midnight

Re: Cordor: "Sic Vis Pace, Para Bellum" Edition

Post by Party in the forest at midnight » Thu Mar 21, 2019 5:55 pm

I've enjoyed every interaction I've had with Elias. Thanks for everything you've contributed to Cordor!

vaclavc

Post by vaclavc » Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:30 pm

Jack,
thank you for making Cordor guard great again :-)
Elias is such an awesome military leader / snobbish Amnian swordsman, I really hope to see more of him in near future!
-V-
Retired characters: Thazmudin; Cyrianthir; Zalastrien; Nebuzirah; Qaenuhir; Toruvilen Sivolun; Vaeluzir.

MoreThanThree

Post by MoreThanThree » Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:56 pm

I knew Elias looked familiar!
20 RPR GANG

Babylon System is the Vampire

Post by Babylon System is the Vampire » Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:32 am

I feel like I should defend Perfidia's honor, but....she really was an awful secretary. I really do regret not delving into the whole guard thing more because I had a lot of fun whenever we were together, but real life is a thing and my attention was heavily drawn toward the future this last month and not so much the present in game.

Elias was the one character that Perfidia was actually scared of in the government, and every time you walked into the room it was like dad just got home. For those of you who don't get that reference, I come from a generation not too long ago that actually feared and respected their parents :)

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Post by Sic Semper Tyrannis » Fri Mar 22, 2019 2:29 pm

You did a wonderful job taking agency with your character and really pushing to create RP where otherwise it was lacking. On top of that, you played a character with unique aspirations, flaws and a notable consistency. I appreciate those who can put a twist on military bearing, as it's not an all-or-nothing thing IRL, and you made it feel alive. I'm excited to see where Elias goes from here. It was a little sad IRL when he resigned.

Also, I learned more about f-ing violins than I ever wanted to know. Congratulations. I had to look up like 3-5 words during your little concert.

Currently: Madison Sabel
Retired: Emily Azuretide, Aremis Keidos, Mackenzie Graves

Zavandar

Post by Zavandar » Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:56 pm

rick's favorite guard commander
Intelligence is too important

Netrial

Post by Netrial » Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:36 am

10/10 would argue laws with Elias again. Still hoping to do bard/music rp, though I don't know when that'll happen!