Jhaamdath Xun'viir: Shelfing/Break time

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

Dagonlives

Jhaamdath Xun'viir: Shelfing/Break time

Post by Dagonlives » Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:14 pm

I will be slowly reducing playtime on this character to resolve some existing storylines and then moving on to a new concept. I wanted to thank anyone who took part in interactions with this psychotic drow. He was a real handful and playing him 'to the hilt' often took a fair amount of effort from me as a player (I assure you I am a rather gentle person, believe me) to really demonstrate the depths of vileness while maintaining an environment that was fun to take part in. Expect my next P.C to be nauseatingly good aligned to compensate.

Character summary:

"You aren't the finest weaponmaster. But you are the best weaponmaster of this house. The finest weaponmaster is the paragon of our values, the finest example of drow kind in culture and comportment. The best weaponmaster however is the one that can kill the former."
-Saslae Xun'viir, stated during their courtship years prior to Jhaamdath's ascension to the Blood.

Jhaamdath was a level one drow fighter I rolled as a way to introduce myself to Arelith. Instead he ended up sticking around for more then 6 months. He was written to be a petty antagonist and classic brow-beaten male drow with dark triad tendencies. Instead, he was hired to kill an archpriestess and her guard and developed a reputation of killing women as a result. This would begin to form the characters identity as 'The Wenchslayer' a drow male who brazenly flaunted his lesser status by murdering female superiors.. Jhaamdaths continued obsession with finding, capturing and dueling women of talent would define his time on Arelith Isle.

Originally a conqueror minded figure, the drow pirate-captain slowly but surely lost his faith in his people's ability to successfully reclaim their birthright after a conversation with a paladin of Corellon made him realize the extent of his own damnation. This frustration would result in a severe repressed anger. The character became infamous for his violent tantrums and outbursts, and eventually his resentment and bitterness would start a slow decline into madness.

If there was any redeeming aspect to a thoroughly repulsive creature, Jhaamdath held a strong possessiveness and loyalty to his Mistres Saslae Xun'viir. Mistaking this avarice and desire to own his lover for 'storybook love' he remained despondent over his reliance on her, attempting to murder her several times to no avail. He often sought council from the Cult of Cyric, taking solace in their message of nihilism and promise of apocalypse through the coming of the Black Sun. If he could not witness a beautiful world, then at least he could settle for no one else having it either.

Predictably, if pathetic it was Jhaamdath's codependency as a consort that kept the drow male alive, and he has since retired to ensure that a new line of drow can be produced for his House...

Thanks go out to..

Special thanks go out to all the players who involved themselves in this characters story. In particular, Vance, Gravelle, Saslae Xun'viir, May'riina, Aqarev, Dante Evermoore, Rhuadeil and Lesrak Mel'nozz, who all played a very integral role in the forming of this concept.

I often dislike saying specific names because they are by no means the most influential, just the ones I happened to remember while writing the post. There were many many more.. As always, thanks for the roleplay. It's why I stick around.
My Rp kinda like droppin' a betta in an otherwise serene fish-tank.

Current Concepts:
Jhaamdath Wenchslayer, Drow weaponmaster and pirate captain

Eruantien Chil Ryilnn Aelorothi Aleansha, War-mage and Diviner of Evermeet. .

Cerk Evermoore

Re: Jhaamdath Xun'viir: Shelfing/Break time

Post by Cerk Evermoore » Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:02 pm

Rest in peace sweet prince. I knew I should have shackled you to a waterheater in the basement of Sencliff to prevent this eventually departure!

Petrifictus

Post by Petrifictus » Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:13 pm

If Saslae is my favorite drow female then Jhaamdath is certainly my favorite drow male. Its nearly impossible to pick which drow I like more.

I always loved the roleplay and support he provided to Karstaag during his own rise to power, the Main Main being the intimidating brute muscle while the civil drow himself being the silver tongue. When these two bad guys got together, nobody wanted to mess with them!

I most of all greatly appreciate his full support for the monster races, always working to hire them, getting them into group and roleplay. Without Jhaamdath, I think Karstaag might had taken more time to get in with the other scums and villains.

Thanks for all the evil roleplay you provided to me and Karstaag! I will cook and eat few elves in your honor!
https://petrifications.deviantart.com/
Gnome Wotan Woodberry - (Shelved)
Goblin Toymaker Karma - (Rolled)
Ogre Karstaag da Main Man - (Active)

Iceborn
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Iceborn » Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:44 pm

I enjoy Jhaamdath as a character. He's amusing, his narcisism is played low-key as a sort of honest irony when he refers to himself, implying that maybe he's even a little self aware of his own exceeding self-appreciation. But even with his apparent sense of protagonism, he seems dynamic and interactive, in a way that allows other people to jab at him.

I know there's more to him than that, but as many other characters, only a very select group of people will be privvy to the very brief moments when his armor as pirate captain wavers and you can see through the glammours.
Misc Changes, with the Feats and Skills sublinks.
Available races
Spell Changes
Class Mechanics
Command Guide

Take a look before asking your questions!

Drowble Oh Seven

Post by Drowble Oh Seven » Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:19 pm

I've had an absolute ball interacting with Jhaamdath. It's a difficult thing to capture, a character walking that razorwire between courtesy and sudden, violent murder, and you do it wonderfully.

I look forward to seeing your shiny, good-aligned character tramping about in future.

Nikko
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by Nikko » Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:11 pm

Well played and interesting character coming from someone on the other side opposing him. Played intimidatingly well. Thanks for all the OOC consideration in our lopsided engagements.

I eventually stopped offering details on what I knew of him and advice to everyone who came to me saying, "I wish to kill this Jhaamdath," and just started telling them to, "get in line".

Sign of a good antagonist when reputation gets that out of control.
Vicko Tannel, First Knight of Darrowdeep
You know there was always that one kid in your class that maybe liked horses a little too much? That's him.

LichBait

Post by LichBait » Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:56 am

Jhaamdath was very cool. Enjoy the next concept! :D

Current
Ayiesha Dahyarif
Ilphaeryl Xun'viir

Lansert

Post by Lansert » Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:06 am

Only gotten the one direct interaction with him but I heard his name a lot so he had a huge impact on the server at large. Also he was never boring to scry on! Like, really, that's a compliment he was always doing something interesting whenever peeped on.

Skibbles
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Post by Skibbles » Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:31 pm

Jhaamdath will be missed. Thanks for all the good times and bad times!
Irongron wrote: [...] the super-secret Arelith development roadmap is a post apocalyptic wasteland populated with competing tribes of hand-bombard wielding techno-giants, and strewn with the bones of long dead elves.

So we're very much on track.

Tomato

Post by Tomato » Thu Feb 21, 2019 4:34 pm

The best villains are inclusive and frightening and always leave you wanting more. Good job.

Ecthelion

Post by Ecthelion » Thu Feb 21, 2019 6:01 pm

A character that'll definately be remembered. On both "sides", if such a thing exists !

good man of god
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by good man of god » Sat Feb 23, 2019 2:51 pm

"Hello handsome-drow."
"Hello, blondie."

"Oh, don't mind my demon-blooded, metrosexual, blonde, Cyricist friend, he always does that."

I LOVE JHAAMDATH, even if Matthew thought he wasn't always the wisest, smartest, and sometimes damn near wanted to kill Jhaamdath himself, the duo of J & M was fun, dynamic and potent.

Love it, cheers!

Previous:
Tornius Daressin
Matthew Daressin-Gravelle
Asvusha (Blake Lynk)
Sebastian Webster

Current:
Inkwell Thornwhisper

xalaram

Post by xalaram » Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:46 pm

Jhaamdath is a top bloke, well portrayed and the RP is always meaningful. 10/10, Lyra would heal for him again.

Penwize

Post by Penwize » Sun Feb 24, 2019 6:05 am

Thanks for enriching my experience in Arelith. Laughing one moment and grinding my teeth the next. It has been a joy.

Azensor

Post by Azensor » Mon Feb 25, 2019 3:21 am

Truthfully?
I believe my goblin, uzbeg, ran into your group once way back when you first started if memory serves.. you all were in the outpost house upstairs praying and one of you told my gobbo to scat and ofcourse he got lippy, lol.

That's the only time i remember interacting back then, but the reaving a few days back was a blast, even if i blundered a few of the things, eh who knows.. I may just run into your next character sometime :p

Dagonlives

Post by Dagonlives » Mon May 20, 2019 12:54 am

This character has been ended after the Sunday event. Thank you for all the interaction. I had fun with everyone involved, but after today I have no plans to return to Arelith as real life demands my attention for the lengthy and foreseeable future.

Have a good game everyone.
My Rp kinda like droppin' a betta in an otherwise serene fish-tank.

Current Concepts:
Jhaamdath Wenchslayer, Drow weaponmaster and pirate captain

Eruantien Chil Ryilnn Aelorothi Aleansha, War-mage and Diviner of Evermeet. .

LichBait

Post by LichBait » Mon May 20, 2019 1:47 am

Was amazing, my dude!

Current
Ayiesha Dahyarif
Ilphaeryl Xun'viir

Let Love In

Post by Let Love In » Mon May 20, 2019 5:41 am

What a high note to go out on!
Plays: Voxic Xy'vilkor

sarithia

Post by sarithia » Mon May 20, 2019 7:09 am

I never RPed with your character but I do want to add that I've really enjoyed the legacy that he's left/will be leaving behind on the surface. It's the mark of a great antagonist in my experience and it's really instilled that belief that drow really are something to fear (and so they should be!) and it's been fun watching that from the sides in my month I've been back. Well done!

Greivern Elisbrinn [Active]
Yaen Oakenshade [We'll see]
Anakhsun Emeratu [Shelved]
Jihael [Dead]
Nhil [Inactive]

Kalopsia
General Admin
General Admin

Post by Kalopsia » Mon May 20, 2019 11:03 am

I’m gonna miss Jhaamdath! He was a great antagonist and created a lot of plot. Sadly our play times were quite different so we didn’t get to RP as much as I’d hoped for :)

Polokko

Post by Polokko » Mon May 20, 2019 12:31 pm

You've been absolutely great fun to play with, very inclusive and really changed the path my character took! As a player you have been inspirational, great RP and also creating fantastic opportunities for other players and characters to form and change, and you have played that character perfectly. Both in and out of character he will be remembered a long time. Super miffed I didn't survive long enough to see conclusion of last night, or more so the conclusion your character, but what a time to end it! I wish you well in your real life endeavours, and thank you for the time spent here.

Ecthelion

Post by Ecthelion » Mon May 20, 2019 12:43 pm

You've been a great antagonist all those times and a great player ! Thank you for all the RP you sparkled, and I wish you good luck in the future !

Edit : Also really sorry to hear how that happened. Great loss.
Last edited by Ecthelion on Fri May 24, 2019 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rasha

Post by Rasha » Mon May 20, 2019 4:03 pm

Dagonlives wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 12:54 am
This character has been ended after the Sunday event. Thank you for all the interaction. I had fun with everyone involved, but after today I have no plans to return to Arelith as real life demands my attention for the lengthy and foreseeable future.

Love you, Jhaam. ❤️ ~Sazal’

-=- Somebody that You used to Know -=-

Rasper
Vesra Maa've
Tessa O'Shea

Pie Rats:

Ravenna

Dead Pie Rats:

Sazal' Dro'Vaalvaz
Wilhelmina Vehk "Billy"
Asrynda Maethe Caesonia "Mae"
Moray Evermoore

Sathiroth

Post by Sathiroth » Mon May 20, 2019 5:32 pm

Going to miss Jhaamdath, whatever the time I had with the character was always good and fun!

Belfryn - Retired

Iceborn
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Iceborn » Mon May 20, 2019 5:48 pm

Dagonlives wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 12:54 am

Jhammy, nooo! We were going to eat out the SUN!
What is she ever going to do without her pirate captain to ride the wave with? BECOME a pirate captain?!
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Ah, well. Success in real life is also nice. I can accept that.
Misc Changes, with the Feats and Skills sublinks.
Available races
Spell Changes
Class Mechanics
Command Guide

Take a look before asking your questions!