Jhaamdath Xun'viir: Shelfing/Break time

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

Berried

Post by Berried » Mon May 20, 2019 7:08 pm

Inimitable. Thanks for playing.

Drowble Oh Seven

Re: Jhaamdath Xun'viir: Shelfing/Break time

Post by Drowble Oh Seven » Mon May 20, 2019 9:33 pm

I had an absolute ball writing with you and Jhaamdath across many, many characters. He's the best kind of villain - that manages to be remarkably inclusive without seeming to compromise his own character to do it. Thanks for all the wonderful fun; and best of luck wherever life takes you.

Here's hoping we'll see you back, eventually.

TheMidsummerStation

Post by TheMidsummerStation » Tue May 21, 2019 12:10 am

I'm sad.

-Tan'raelle

satan

Post by satan » Tue May 21, 2019 1:32 pm

Dagonlives wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:14 pm
I will be slowly reducing playtime on this character to resolve some existing storylines and then moving on to a new concept. I wanted to thank anyone who took part in interactions with this psychotic drow. He was a real handful and playing him 'to the hilt' often took a fair amount of effort from me as a player (I assure you I am a rather gentle person, believe me) to really demonstrate the depths of vileness while maintaining an environment that was fun to take part in. Expect my next P.C to be nauseatingly good aligned to compensate.

Character summary:

"You aren't the finest weaponmaster. But you are the best weaponmaster of this house. The finest weaponmaster is the paragon of our values, the finest example of drow kind in culture and comportment. The best weaponmaster however is the one that can kill the former."
-Saslae Xun'viir, stated during their courtship years prior to Jhaamdath's ascension to the Blood.

Jhaamdath was a level one drow fighter I rolled as a way to introduce myself to Arelith. Instead he ended up sticking around for more then 6 months. He was written to be a petty antagonist and classic brow-beaten male drow with dark triad tendencies. Instead, he was hired to kill an archpriestess and her guard and developed a reputation of killing women as a result. This would begin to form the characters identity as 'The Wenchslayer' a drow male who brazenly flaunted his lesser status by murdering female superiors.. Jhaamdaths continued obsession with finding, capturing and dueling women of talent would define his time on Arelith Isle.

Originally a conqueror minded figure, the drow pirate-captain slowly but surely lost his faith in his people's ability to successfully reclaim their birthright after a conversation with a paladin of Corellon made him realize the extent of his own damnation. This frustration would result in a severe repressed anger. The character became infamous for his violent tantrums and outbursts, and eventually his resentment and bitterness would start a slow decline into madness.

If there was any redeeming aspect to a thoroughly repulsive creature, Jhaamdath held a strong possessiveness and loyalty to his Mistres Saslae Xun'viir. Mistaking this avarice and desire to own his lover for 'storybook love' he remained despondent over his reliance on her, attempting to murder her several times to no avail. He often sought council from the Cult of Cyric, taking solace in their message of nihilism and promise of apocalypse through the coming of the Black Sun. If he could not witness a beautiful world, then at least he could settle for no one else having it either.

Predictably, if pathetic it was Jhaamdath's codependency as a consort that kept the drow male alive, and he has since retired to ensure that a new line of drow can be produced for his House...

Thanks go out to..

Special thanks go out to all the players who involved themselves in this characters story. In particular, Vance, Gravelle, Saslae Xun'viir, May'riina, Aqarev, Dante Evermoore, Rhuadeil and Lesrak Mel'nozz, who all played a very integral role in the forming of this concept.

I often dislike saying specific names because they are by no means the most influential, just the ones I happened to remember while writing the post. There were many many more.. As always, thanks for the roleplay. It's why I stick around.
That's a shame. This character epitomizes what I think of when I think 'drow'. Your RP was next level.

Look forward to what comes next.
Xyxz - Goblin spider druid. RIP
Flail - Orog weapon master RIP
Krom - Half orc Barbarian RIP
Glyngolyn - Firbolg Shadowdancer RIP
Jigjog - the least industrious Kobold ACTIVE
Muck - munching on carion. ACTIVE

KT28
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by KT28 » Tue May 21, 2019 6:46 pm

Jhaamdath was inspirational. Whether it was inspiring ne'er-do-wells from all walks of life to fight for a cause, inspiring fear in his enemies, and inspiring terror in his followers too, this guy did it all.

When I rolled up Isak, I envisioned him as a character to be used and exploited for the machinations of people smarter and more ruthless than himself. Jhaamdath was one of those gems of characters who, through his drive to destroy, his charisma, and his cunning manipulation, allowed Isak to be the character I envisioned him to be. Thank you for giving my character the opportunity be the resourceful wretch he was intended to be.

I'm glad I had the pleasure of roleplaying with Jhaamdath. Bummed that you'll be leaving us, but hope to see you back someday. Thanks for all the fun!

Ascheriit

Post by Ascheriit » Wed May 22, 2019 1:40 am

Your *finger quotes* "duergar" cleric buddy is gonna miss the interactions even if we stopped doing stuff as much due to some of the group conflicts/splits and my stance in them. Always appreciated the character as he actually added some stuff that I had felt the undercity was missing at times. I really did enjoy the sometimes spontaneous things you pulled me into.

Might-N-Magic

Post by Might-N-Magic » Wed May 22, 2019 3:09 am

Even though we've had almost no interaction, I've been admiring Jhaamdath since I've returned and picked my drow up again. I wish I had, but due to timezones, I've never got to join the Dreadnought and your raiding. A missed opportunity.

You did a great job in portraying a proper drow in my opinion. A pity there weren't more like you.

O-H41

Post by O-H41 » Sun May 26, 2019 2:18 pm

I'll miss you, dear Jhaamy. I enjoyed our love/hate (but mostly hate) relationship. Another time, another place, what might have been.
Lilah Lannald: Is it cheese?
Corbin: Its---yes.
Corbin: Its cheese.

Leshpar

Post by Leshpar » Sun May 26, 2019 3:02 pm

Jhaamdath was a constant bane to my character from day one with Saslae. On that, you played a really good bad guy. I strongly disagree with your view on pvp versus rp builds, but that doesn't mean we haven't had good times. I look forward to seeing what you do next. I have no doubt you'll get just as big of a name for yourself.