Lorelei's Level 30 Celebratory Kudos Thread

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

magistrasa

Lorelei's Level 30 Celebratory Kudos Thread

Post by magistrasa » Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:38 am

Whew! It's been a long journey to get here - my first max level character in all my time on the server! While I've been wanting to go out of my way to thank all the people who have helped make my experience with Areltih so amazing for quite some time, I wanted to save it for this very special, very exciting occasion. So here I am - and here's to you!

First, some special shout-outs (in alphabetical order) for those amazing roleplayers who have left a significant impact on my character:

Alchuilas Sanneseph
The story we're telling together right now is one of the most unexpectedly gutwrenching, emotional rollercoasters I've ever been on, and I don't think Lorelei is going to be the same by the time it's done. Every time we interact I can feel my heart pounding and I enjoy every minute of it - I've never met such an engaging and immersive roleplayer, and you easily rank among my favorite partners of all time. Thank you so much for the opportunity to play with you, and I hope I give you all the good experiences you deserve.

Cassius Sjeckleck
(That's definitely not how you spell that last name.)
What to say about Cassius! First, I'm sorry about your house (even if Lorelei isn't). Being part of Cassius's story was such a fulfilling experience, it's great to play with someone who's so willing to let the story play out on its own course, no punches pulled and no paths blocked. I can't wait to see the future of this character, especially because of the impact he's had on Lorelei and how invested she is in that future. Amazing storytelling from an amazing roleplayer - I cannot thank you enough for the adventure.

Gnaela Daldin
Gone too soon from this world, Gnaela and Lorelei's time together was brief, but it left a clear impact on her philosophy and her approach to her role in the Arcanum that she still struggles with. Sometimes even Lorelei wishes the hag was still around to give her bizarre and unrequested opinions. Wherever you go, I'm sure intrigue and excitement follows.

May'riina Shri'isstra
(That's definitely not how you spell that last name.)
From the beginning, May'riina has always been both an intimidating and awe-inspiring figure to Lorelei, someone whom she could never decide her true feelings on - and just when Lorelei thinks she's settled on an opinion, May does something to challenge that perception. Roleplaying with you is a genuinely delightful experience, and Lorelei has learned so much from interacting with the First Keeper. She owes a lot of who she is to maneuvering around May's innate suspicion and rising to the opportunities May gives her to prove herself. I really wish we could interact more and fully develop the relationship the two characters have, because I feel like there's just so much depth left unspoken and unexplored.

Tebryn Ssambra
I'll admit, when we first met, I was NOT expecting to like you as much as I do. I remember feeling really disappointed when you disappeared after our first encounter, and then doubtful that you'd stick around after the second - but I'm so glad those doubts were proven wrong, because what we have now is an amazing dynamic and one of the most fun characters I have the pleasure of watching from the sidelines or playing along with. I fully expect Lorelei and Tebryn's relationship will be tested over time - such is the nature of Andunor's politics! - but no matter what happens between our characters, Tebryn and you, the roleplayer, will have a special place in my fond memories of roleplaying on Arelith.

Vance Gravelle
Easily the person that has had the most profound impact on Lorelei's development and how I've played the character. From the first moment they met, Vance cemented himself as a figure that inspires loyalty and confidence, and his guidance and encouragement while Lorelei fought to establish herself in this great and terrible city played no small part in her success. Knowing Vance's importance in many circles (and seeing firsthand how many direly worded goblin messages he gets thrown at him while he's just trying to relax), I'm always genuinely honored and excited when you go out of your way to make time for me and Lorelei. Everything you do is fun, and I have so much respect for you as a roleplayer for the fact that you always try to involve as many people as possible in that fun.

-

Now, kudos to all the different groups and factions that have left me with amazing memories, people who are always up to exciting things and who I'm infinitely grateful for letting me be a part of it:

The Erudite Arcanum
Trie'dlut Areshne, Tenoch, Odtgan Zorig-Gerel, Shulvaltree Zhiir'sol, Aztor Skullbiter, Alyssa, Idil'vas Xun'viir, Mire Petisse, Josephine Blackbourne, Vaeluzir, and more!
It is honestly an honor and a privilege to be a part of such a robust and interesting collection of storylines all bundled into one amazing roster of roleplayers. The Erudite Arcanum is by far the best and most fun faction I've ever been a part of, and I cannot praise everyone who's part of the collaborative storytelling enough. Everyone in the Arcanum that Lorelei has interacted with leaves me overwhelmed with a sense of excitement for the future!

The Sharps
Kurz Og-Mol, Adarien Flameweaver, Seliena Varkor, Duvain, Matthew Daressin-Gravelle
Lorelei isn't as involved in Sharps business as I'd like her to be - but seeing the trouble you all get into on occasion, it might be for the best! All the same, I've never seen a group of people come together with such a strong sense of unity. It's really intimidating, to be honest, but in a good way! I have such respect for every one of you, and I think you all do a fantastic job.

House Xun'viir
Rauvlin, Chasugana, Saslae, Jhaamdath, Zakath, May’ala, Elrithrulia Thielle
What a powerhouse! You guys have always been super inclusive to me and gone out of your way to make things interesting in Andunor, and that's deserving of respect no matter if you're Xun'viir's friend or enemy. With the recent election, things got pretty weird, and I can't wait to see how this house in particular takes to the situation. Looking forward to your future!

The Rosemaw Tribe
Azriilk, Vultzi, and more!
I've seen you guys running around for a while, but I only recently got involved with you. I'm really looking forward to your presence in Andunor, you all seem like a fun bunch and I'm so grateful that you're letting Lorelei play a role in your story!

They Who Need Not Be Named
You know who you are
;)

-

With all the major influences out of the way, here's where I'll put some special commendations in alphabetical order for people who I've never had a good chance to roleplay with, but what I've seen or done has left me starved for more!

The Assassins
I don't want to talk about you guys too much because I shan't compromise your identities (not that I'm entirely sure you even keep it a secret?) but I really really like our interactions so far and I hope we can make time for each other in the future.

Benji
I really wanna follow up with you one of these days, I hope you're not gone for good! I think Lorelei and Benji would make for exciting enemies or unexpected allies, and I want to give that possibility a chance to blossom!

Drach & Associates
You've been around since we'll before I even started playing Lorelei, and a group doesn't last that long without having some interesting stuff associated with them. I have an interesting idea in mind for getting involved with you, so hopefully I'll get my wish soon if all goes well!

Hala Advet
If Lorelei were a more expressive person, the last conversation she had with you about an Honest Man would have had her jumping with glee. “Finally someone gets it!” she'd say, and probably hug you. I haven't seen you since, and have been longing to be part of whatever you're scheming! The one time we went out and grinded together was probably the most entertaining grind I've ever had the pleasure of participating in.

Lesrak Mel'nozz
It's probably strange to qualify our roleplay as “interactions” because it's mostly just Lorelei silently following you around with Lesrak while he rants semi-incoherently. I don't know what's wrong with him but I am excited to find out. 10/10 favorite cupcake. (Please don't kill him like the rest.)

Red Ropes
You've always been really nice to me when we talk OOC and I'm touched by the fact that you've still maintained contact even though we don't have characters that interact anymore. I miss roleplaying with you!

House Xyvil'kor
This shout-out goes to Umraena in particular - but that's not to say anyone else is less deserving of this kudos! Y'all seem like you get into some strange shenanigans, and I'd love to have the opportunity to get a closer look one of these days. Maybe have a hand in it, if I'm lucky.

Big Boss Man Irongron (and the rest of the team!)
The best for last - as I'm sure everyone knows, I'm the resident artist and animator for Arelith, and I'm very excited about the prospect of custom-tailoring work for our community and working to make this server better for years to come. Irongron, you have been so encouraging and kind to me throughout my time on the team and I cannot stress enough how honored I am to have your faith in me. Work like this isn't something I've ever done before, and it's really kind of intimidating when I feel like I'm learning so slowly, but you and the team have been so motivating throughout it all, and I promise I'll work hard and figure it out and exceed your expectations!

-

Lorelei has been fun in ways I never expected when i first started playing her. I know she's got an even more exciting future ahead of her, and I'm hoping everyone is going to be able to be a part of it. I know and regret the fact that this kudos thread is entirely devoid of surfacers or any goodly-aligned folk (that I know of!), but rest assured, I expect the next chapter of Lorelei's life is going to take her topside so she and I can finally taste the surface and all the stories it has to offer. I do at least want to extend a thanks to you do-gooders, if you're out there and have read this far - without you and all the conflict you offer us in Andunor, we wouldn't have the robust community and exciting server we all love to play in. Even if Lorelei doesn't have experience with any of you directly, I understand and appreciate the fact that you and your actions and stories have shaped her life in ways I'm sad to not fully know. We may be on opposite “sides,” but each and every one of you is invaluable!

Thank you to everyone I've listed here, and thank you to those who, whether for the sake of secrecy or the fault of forgetfulness, I've left unnamed.

× Career Sharran × MILF Supreme × Artist (Allegedly) ×
Will Trade Art For Groceries Again Eventually

CosmicOrderV
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Re: Lorelei's Level 30 Celebratory Kudos Thread

Post by CosmicOrderV » Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:42 pm

I was not at all prepared for the direction Lorelei was going to take Alchuilas. It has progressed to so much more than the fun build idea I started it with. Cant wait to see more from you 😄
Aodh Lazuli wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 6:22 pm
I, too, struggle to know what is written in books without first reading them.

Skibbles
Arelith Platinum Supporter
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Post by Skibbles » Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:31 pm

What a write up! I hope Lorelei is just getting started and not about to fade now that she's level 30 =)

Thanks for being a part of the Arcanum and doing your part in keeping it alive. I hope we get to continue to have fun interactions both magical and mundane as time goes on.
Irongron wrote: [...] the super-secret Arelith development roadmap is a post apocalyptic wasteland populated with competing tribes of hand-bombard wielding techno-giants, and strewn with the bones of long dead elves.

So we're very much on track.

Punished Hans

Post by Punished Hans » Thu Feb 21, 2019 2:31 pm

Chaszmyr thoroughly enjoyed finding a rare fellow illusionist (that isn't a gnome) in Lorelei and you got me back into nerd study RP, which was fun.
10/10 would weird again.

magistrasa

Post by magistrasa » Thu Feb 21, 2019 3:47 pm

Punished Hans wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 2:31 pm
Chaszmyr thoroughly enjoyed finding a rare fellow illusionist (that isn't a gnome) in Lorelei and you got me back into nerd study RP, which was fun.
10/10 would weird again.
CHASZMYR!!! I'm sorry I forgot to include you in the Kudos! I remember you were one of the first people who actually tried engaging Lorelei as a scholar and it was a lot of fun! I've been hoping to see you in the underdark again one of these days so I hope you saying "would weird again" is a promise!

(There's a new character with the first name Chaszmyr and a new character with the last name Glannath and it's led to a little confusion on my part recently, lol.)

× Career Sharran × MILF Supreme × Artist (Allegedly) ×
Will Trade Art For Groceries Again Eventually

Airport Proximity Jesus

Post by Airport Proximity Jesus » Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:57 pm

Boy oh boy oh boy Lorelei did you know you can cook teeth in frog bile and cast shades into someone's knees with 'em? Makes 'em explode

Jokes aside, glad to hear it left such an impression! Also sorry to near necro but I dont check the forums too often.
8-) Cool kids wear shades during the endless night 8-)

Lexx

Post by Lexx » Sat Mar 16, 2019 3:39 am

Great character and I enjoyed rping with her over cage fights and betting the other week. Look forward to more in future!

HA GOTEM I DIDNT ROLL

Post by HA GOTEM I DIDNT ROLL » Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:06 pm

We must team together and collaborate Lorelei!