Angela Amana

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

Odok

Angela Amana

Post by Odok » Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:08 pm

Kudos to Angela for truly being the objective and sensible person she is. Due to his colorful background, Odok is often oppressed and discriminated against which results in unjustified consequences.

Angela went above and beyond to look past stereotypes with Odok and rather see him as who he is today (rather than, let's say, a year ago). Although Angela didn't know it, Odok was on a hinge of roleplay where I decided that the actions of others would decide which of two paths he would take. Her actions alone has so far given him reason to truly consider one of those two sides. We will see what comes with Odok.

Also, Angela has an artillary of custom RP spells and items which I never knew was an option and is beyond great, showing the influence she has had on this server.

Cheers,
Odok.

Echohawk
Arelith Platinum Supporter
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Re: Angela Amana

Post by Echohawk » Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:43 pm

PVP and actions have consequences.

Angela is pretty awesome.
Arelith Discord: https://discord.gg/mAm8M3T
Echohawk#0623
Availability - Whenever, Sweden (GMT+1)

420chambers

Post by 420chambers » Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:15 am

Odok wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:08 pm
Also, Angela has an artillary of custom RP spells and items which I never knew was an option and is beyond great, showing the influence she has had on this server.
im sorry what

Odok

Post by Odok » Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:28 am

420chambers wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:15 am
Odok wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:08 pm
im sorry what
I may have oversold that point. I haven't seen anything beyond what the average person can do, just that she roleplayed things to have unique traits in which I have never seen.

GwaiLo

Post by GwaiLo » Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:31 am

We kidnapped her as a group of goblins once. She was awesome, throwing hell Pufferfish through the jail cell bars. 10/10 roleplayer.

triaddraykin
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by triaddraykin » Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:00 am

You guys are wonderful, thank you so much. I feel I ought to clarify when there's phrases like 'custom RP spells' being brought up.

Angela has five epic spell focuses, considered mastery of those schools. This is a mechanically disadvantaged build, because it's there to support her RP, rather than the other way around. Her RP is that she has things she can do besides throwing a Weird spell, an actually viable Power Word, or even just an Ancient Elemental. She's in combat maybe 1% of her existence.

She's an enchanter, so she can exert influence over the minds of those around her. In Odok's case, she cast something that makes you unable to lie, very akin to Zone of Truth aside from much shorter range and duration, and higher spell slot (I actually knock out a Dominate Monster spell slotted for this, along with a -ward for visual effect and demonstration of radius.) Behind the scenes, Odok's player and I discussed the exact effect, and it was entirely up to them whether or not the spell worked, though Angela knows if it's been resisted. The entire point of the RP was for her to be able to know, as fully as she can within her abilities, the truth of his words for the minute or so she can maintain the spell for. Just a few questions, carefully chosen.

All in all, a wonderful RP with Odok, and a wonderful interaction with the player.

There's a few other things she does with her school masteries:

Creating small tokens wrapped in sticky sap she can stick to armor, that create persistent sensory illusions, like a mosquito buzzing, fog all around, or an overpowering scent of mint (or dung!). Players get to have fun with their character's reactions, and can always find the token and remove it when they're done.

She has visions from those nearby her, when players want to send me one (even in her description!), such as a Kossuthian's rites, or a creature they're fated to fight. Players get to tell their character's stories through these visions, a reason to tell their backstory or start to shape their future on the isle.

Conjuration is pretty mechanically powerful, so mostly she just has a 'Mage cabinet' that means she doesn't have to carry a backpack everywhere.

Anyhow, ya'll get the idea. It's all about coming up with ways to help people tell their character's story, to have fun with a rarely-used aspect, or even to turn it all in a whole new direction previously impossible. We're all in this together, after all. Sorry about the long-ish post that was just supposed to be a thank you and (brief!) clarification. Love you all, and good night.
Alia: The uncanny knack of Angela Amana to make the otherwise perpetually well-mannered girl lose her temper and be HORRIBLY ASHAMED afterwards.

Who on the Team to PM and When
Public Tower Discord
Tower Library
Scroll, Wand, & Potion Costs

Odok

Post by Odok » Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:02 pm

Hrm, my intention was not for you to have to explain yourself Angela - sorry!

Orian_666

Post by Orian_666 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:28 pm

Triad is definitely a great RPer and always up for making other peoples stories interesting. I know I can always rely on them to add something to any story :)

As for the custom spells, that's been a thing for so long now and it adds to the flavor of magical RP. There are a lot of spells and magical abilities that aren't mechanically supported in NWN (gief more with haks plx), like the mages bread and butter cantrip for example, prestidigitation, which allows a myriad of different effects in PnP.
RPing some of these non mechanical spells and effects can really increase the quality of a scenario and add a lot to ongoing RP, with consent of course, i've done it plenty of times in the past before, and will continue to do so :D

I always enjoy seeing players ingenuity in this regard, seeing what they can come up with outside of what's "mechanically supported" to add some extra flavor to RP, and it's not limited to spell casters, i've seen such ingenuity from other classes and builds too :D

triaddraykin
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by triaddraykin » Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:42 pm

I'd gotten a couple of private messages from people asking me what sort of custom spells she had, they thought she had some sort of mechanical advantage. No worries Odok, and hey, I got to talk about a favorite subject.

And thank you so much Orian! You've always been even more awesome.
Alia: The uncanny knack of Angela Amana to make the otherwise perpetually well-mannered girl lose her temper and be HORRIBLY ASHAMED afterwards.

Who on the Team to PM and When
Public Tower Discord
Tower Library
Scroll, Wand, & Potion Costs