Demetrius Sails Homeward

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

wulfburk

Demetrius Sails Homeward

Post by wulfburk » Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:05 pm

Well over a year playing in the server, some 14 years in the isle, Demetrius has sailed back to his homeland and to his clansmen in Mirabar by the spine of the world, to a new set of challenges.
Demetrius started out as a rather anti social ranger, used to the wild for most of his life, quite shy but also light hearted (and with quite a drinking problem). Brogendenstein quickly captivated him, and he entered its guard, rising through the ranks to end as Warden, head of military of the Dominion.

Massive kudos to everyone i played with, to the DMs and the server as a whole, certainly the best roleplaying experience i could ask for, and this whole time was a blast.

Thanks to,

These were basically the role models for Demetrius in his early adulthood, each in different aspects but all similarly important in molding him. They that immediately made me interested in getting involved in Brog's community: Falgrim Vintergard, Ragnhild Blimth, Ghestaldt Blimth, Krogan Ironaxe, Dalin Braidstone, Giles Gemsong, Baldr, Gorudan Vintergard, Friggja Thunderfoe, Naly Vintergard, Bungo, Jeanne Fearrian, Jaurmag.

His brothers and sisters in arms,
Ragnar T, Kimli Schelen, Greydda Stonehammer, Gomgri Wood Teeth, Bromgrim Cinderbeard, Kayla Keglighter, Singrun Horsta, Urist Hallowed Candle, Morgus Frostrider, Khregen Gnawear, Furin/Rodfer/Valgrimm Shieldhammers, Gotriik Vintergard, Balrigurth, Edonia Blackstone, Noirin Kivna, Gongar Garatoz, Orin Glimmershield, Short Stacks, Turak Vintergard, Bardin Strongaxe, Belamy Frostpeak, Numal Firethorn, Balrig Vintergard, Aklar Fyrebrand, Keglar Madbeard, Balund Ironhelm, Philburt Phrumblestone, Urdir Oakbeard, Oznon Battlehood, Klaggin Shieldhammer, Raglar, Dorn Iron Anvil, Tothkra Ironblood, Baergurn Bronzebeard, Caesar Krin, Gnolgrim, Aster, Kebur Straker, Aila Vintergard, Tosid Daggerdance, Thor Ironbeard, Borthak Hammerfirst, Torg Ironfist, Razat Vintergard, Bumli Barreltosser, Dalola Runemantle, Alderich/Svarog/Dorag Battlehammer, and the wild dwarves Torthrun, Zalkash and Valorium.

Dale: Third day of me playing in the server Demetrius was invited by Andriarna to a dale meeting, quite an awesome welcome and the meeting was really fun, and though Demetrius soon took up many duties in Brog, i cant count how many times i went to check the dale's board just to have an excuse to go there and see if i could rp with any of the hins and gnomes!

Meriam Fuzzypaws, Wotan Woodberry, Rudo Hectrod, Bareknuckle Bill, Shadow, Andriarna Dirtytoes, Kera Nutcracker, Lorina Phelenfelen, Katie Popkins (every time with katie was quite hilarious!), Lobelia, Tabitha Nutcracker, Maya Fuzzypaws, Scarlett Highfen, Suli Mountairn, Ivy Pebbletoe, Oskar Nutcracker, Willow Alexandria, Shenn, Mabel Highfen, Alexis Hop, Glinda Glitterbrook

Grotto: Romeo, Bnupi, Rumbo.

Guldorand: Afya and Hilde, Laura Luineth Lee, Aligonda Evenwood, Alice Scarlett Highfen, Derristan.

Darrowdeep: Ghestelle Veirmont, Eirik Skuring, Igogh, Harvey, Veigal, Nathaniel Collins, Donan, Syclya, Juris, Huor, Julie Waynolds

And Astra Starlock, Spixi Saskens, Duncan Dawnhammer, Valendel, Yeto, Arion, Syilrie, Buppi, Rhaeg, Amadeo, Olwin, Thaddeus Gradaigh, Oscar One Eye, Ameniel, Vance, Ezra, Fidock Cassey, Rannos, Mach Fryar, Hanna Hornraven, Azaria Selakir

Specially though, thanks to the player of Falgrim Vintergard, coudnt be more helpful, inclusive and an awesome roleplayer.

Did my best to remember everyone! I'll still be around with one of my alts, though much less active due to some real life stuff. See y'all around.

Stratonike Silvbriga
Archamus Schelen
Demetrius Herhtov

Linlan

Re: Demetrius Sails Homeward

Post by Linlan » Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:38 pm

Safe winds, Demetrius.
What a fine Commander he was, and a great friend to many in the Halls.
Very emotional farewells on the docks, as we expected.... He will be dearly missed!

We march on.
Greydda of Clan Stonehammer, MIA former Purser of the Halls
Katnyl Silverstream, stablemaster
Coralina Maestione Carolus Boppo, stewmaster and Guldorand GAAP (Gardener Artificer Alchemist & Proprietor)

A little fellow

Post by A little fellow » Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:49 pm

Demetrius played such a big part of Brogendensteins ‘Golden Age’. A big thanks from me for all the time spent together, getting to know each other both in and out of game.
Lovin' you is easy 'cause you're dutiful

Mythic
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Mythic » Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:07 am

One of the Rocks of Brogendenstien, An excellent ranger and having met him early in both of our characters days, The sheer journey taken by Demetrius, watching it and growing with him was a wonderful experience <3

Great luck with everything you are heading to do now Dem~ You'll do amazingly!

And NAEBODY OUT-DRINKS A DWARF
Last edited by Mythic on Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Howling around all year long

WanderingPoet

Post by WanderingPoet » Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:13 am

Deme is one of my favourite dwarves and was a nice contrast to the sterner older leaders. I got to see various sides of him across multiple characters and each time I loved the interactions. I look forward to if/when he returns or whatever you play next!

Good luck with the RL stuff and thank you for the multi-kudos :)
Path_of_Play wrote:Fear, intimidation, anger - All these, the tyrant's tools.
Laughter, encouragement, play - not simply just for fools.
These tools reveal,
More is learned,
From another in an hour of play,
Than in a year of contention.

Petrifictus

Post by Petrifictus » Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:25 am

One of my TOP-5 favorite dwarves has sailed away. I always loved the RP I got from you and the many epic heroic deeds we did together during the Cyric War will always be remembred in the gossip of legends in the Nomad Inn!

Hope you get the reward you wish and deserve!
Come back as monster or gnome, whatever you roll next! :D
https://petrifications.deviantart.com/
Gnome Wotan Woodberry - (Shelved)
Goblin Toymaker Karma - (Rolled)
Ogre Karstaag da Main Man - (Active)

Dragonovith
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Dragonovith » Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:30 pm

Demetrius is a homão da porra.

naturaly

Post by naturaly » Tue Jan 08, 2019 11:16 pm

Damn we just got started RPing. Have fun friend!

Ironfoot

Post by Ironfoot » Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:59 pm

Demetrius continues tradition of great dwarven rangers, wished we did more things together bit i am sure we shall on some other toon.😊😏