A Coronal's Kudos

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

Royal Blood

A Coronal's Kudos

Post by Royal Blood » Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:33 pm

This adventure has been so great, I'd be lying to say I won't miss it! But I am happy to say Clea's story should continue. For those that do not know, Clea has withdrawn her counter challenge in Myon and passed rulership of Myon to the opposition but for details you'll have to find out in game!

I am decidedly pleased with how everything played out. there was never not something going on. Many days, especially at the start I could barely get from the Mythal to the bank without being bombarded by hin or requests for meetings. But I didn't mind much I only feel bad I couldn't always get to everyone!

So a Coronal is nothing without her followers, and some of you really went for it.

1: Alais, Aerendil and Yeto, Wranneiros, Clea's first council/judge You guys helped a lot to breathe life and push forward a growing Myon.

Yeto specifically, you have been and surely will continue to be Clea's Rock of clear thought. Clea is young and in the midsts of her youthful emotional bouts Yeto has been, and surely will be very father like.

2: Sylrie, the first proper commander of Myon under Clea. establishing the new Sentinels and the drama that unfolded with Alluin was interesting. Sylrie was a friend no doubt, and watching her struggle during Rachel's execution was brilliant.

3: Mach / Frostblades

I am so happy I was able to engage you lot, and that you were conveniently evicted right as Clea became Coronal and had this lovely idle castle. The ramifications of that choice are constantly Relevant.

Mach has been an interesting guy for sure, a character that I've seen change and adapt. His impact on Clea has been interesting, she still thinks he has some screws loose. He’s taffing insane!

4: Rhudaeil

Your paladin vigor set Myon on a path of uncompromising elven justice. Clea was delighted when Myon regularly achieved militaristic success. Riding in after combat to see Myon enemies captured was glorious. She was totally smug.

Myon had teeth, and that more assertive posture adopted by Rhudaeils command was an excellent shake up across the island. I so enjoyed wielding that and the new found diplomatic respect that came with it!

5: Rachel M’harem

What more could you ask from a villian? Epic combat, evil plots and betrayal! and a great climax I am quite proud of. During her 'execution’ Clea was expecting her kin to rebel! The moments Rachel made by just being herself were brilliant.

You were so great to have along. I expected you to flee Gloom after Mach caught you, I was genuinely surprised to learn two days later they were still holding you and you stuck it out. That really impressed me.

6: Brogendenstein

Always a pleasure to interact with, I am glad Clea had time with Ghestsldt before his passing. Constant political ups and downs it was so great to interact with you lot and I look forward to what the future holds.

Clea knew Falgrim when he was but a wee warden. Who would have known that years later they would each be leading their respective peoples?

When you're the coronal and you call Ghestaldt out on his diplomatic crud! :D

7: Saelynn / Xun’sali / Sylmae

Three friends that Clea has relied upon for advice, and just… Talking! All three of your characters are fantastic, Xun still makes me chuckle because they’ve known each other for so long, back when Clea was in Cordor scowling at Xun’sali for her blood.

Saelynn just fits with Clea, it’s hard to describe. She’s the only elf that when Clea sees her covered in blood, she accepts that as completely normal and doesn’t find it off putting.

Sylmae, the grand mage, and now also a friend! Another elf Clea just.. Gets a long with! A mind on the same track as her own.

8: Myon as a whole, and the elven dynamic.
There are a lot of different names to bring up, too many I think to give them all proper credit. Thar, Astray, Zathlan, Iri, Nicodemus, again- so many names! All I could say is thank you for sticking it out with Clea for so long. The culture of Tel’quessir is so diverse that breeds interesting role play in itself. It was scarcely a dull day in Myon, and I’d dare say many more exciting days are on the horizon.

So many of you have come and gone, there’s a lot of neat characters I wish I could have spent more time with. It has been a pleasure, as Coronal, to know so many and have such diverse interactions.

And thank you of course to the elves who were so loyal to Clea. That kind of devotion seen Rp’d out was great, and Clea had a habit of purposefully testing that devotion!

9: The Starglows were an unexpected twist of intrigue I had not expected. Specifically Doe, wew… They went from scowling and saying -very- rude things to one another, to what I think is fair to call friendship! It’s the development of relationships like that, that are so awesome in an RP setting. From enemies to friends, a friend Clea had not expected to gain!

10: The Arcane Tower
Ahhh, we never really got to fully realize our conflict!!! But there have been portions of it popping up since the initial heat where a siege was threatened. I won’t say too much, Clea still has plans with you lot!

11: Cordor

Ever at odds, I cannot recall the name of the chancellor that came to power at the same time as Clea, but our initial meetings were so, so great. -just- the kind of political intrigue RP I loved.

Clea - “Pay me for the castle and i’ll make one of your people a noble”
[Gets the gold]
Clea again - “Oh, by the way, just because they are a noble does not mean the guards respond to them.” [Making the offer practically useless]

>:)

12: Snow Emil
It would have been lovely to have more time together, but you did so great at the Corronation at the start. That was so awesome! Snow was insightful and deep character, the voice of the Seldarine! Thank you for your help in Myon!

13: Thaddeus

We don’t see eachother much anymore, but your character was always interesting to Clea. I am sure they’ll meet each other again. I won’t say too much~ So much is still in the works!

14: Valendel
Clea’s love interest~ If Clea is a pleasant soup, Valendel is the salt, maybe a little too much salt~. Their love affair has had its ups and downs, which is the best kind of love affair in Rp! Their connection has always impacted Clea, she would not have even been in Myon if it wasn’t for him!

15: Lakas, you dirty betrayer! D:< Joking! That was a twist I had not forseen at all, and the reasoning behind it was a lovely amount of depth. I'll be scowling at you IG!

16: DMs, thanks to the DMs that helped add some extra flair, or gave us some additional interactions.

It's a bit sad to see all these memories and to think that for now, this chapter of Clea's existence is over! I truly enjoyed being Coronal, it's a bit bitter sweet to let it go. But on with the story! Ever more ushering in intrigue and change! It was a brilliant ride none the less and I look forward to seeing where Clea goes from here and the continued interactions she will have. There's still so much going on!

I will see you all in game. I look forward to Clea's future interactions with all of you, and thank you for making Clea's time as Coronal thrilling.

And a last screen shot, just a small glimpse into the greater story that unfolded to bring Clea to this point.

Thank you all again. Like I said, i'll see you in game.
I am not on a team.
I do not win, I do not lose.
I tell a story, and when I'm lucky,
Play a part in the story you tell too.

strong yeet

Re: A Coronal's Kudos

Post by strong yeet » Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:20 pm

I liked Clea a lot, she was really fun and accommodating. I remember when Rhudaeil was maybe like, level 6 or 7 and she invited him to be part of this Brogendenstein-related procession despite him having been absolutely fresh-faced in every sense (I think that was his first visit to Myon, amusingly). She was really inclusive and willing to go along with pretty much anything that went her way; she was great and I'm glad I got to play with her.

dominantdrowess
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by dominantdrowess » Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:13 pm

I wish I had gotten to RP with her a bit~ but the stars never aligned, and drow councilor v. elven colonal just... it's reaching. <3

Dagonlives

Post by Dagonlives » Sat Jan 05, 2019 2:10 am

-While Mach Fryar is being tortured in the underdark.-

Guilty as charged..

-While Drow Raid Leaders walk the surface...-

Also guilty.

For all the ways I affected Myonian policy, and had clashes with Rhuadeil (Who was good at swordfighting and bad at chess) it was a pity i never got to meet this character face to face, aside sending creepy anonymous drow poetry. I think I saw her once during a slave trade, behind far too many guards to get a good look.
My Rp kinda like droppin' a betta in an otherwise serene fish-tank.

Current Concepts:
Jhaamdath Wenchslayer, Drow weaponmaster and pirate captain

Eruantien Chil Ryilnn Aelorothi Aleansha, War-mage and Diviner of Evermeet. .

WanderingPoet

Post by WanderingPoet » Sat Jan 05, 2019 4:09 am

Clea was a lot of fun to work with - often there was quite a bit of contention or general frustration with "Why did you do -that-?!", but the conflict was nice. Yeto once caught himself saying once that he'd have to go be all fatherly and tell her how disappointed he was when she made that mess with Ievos and he knew that the role would stick when she accepted it.

You did well to last 4 months and make the place a lot more fun for a lot of people, I enjoyed my time there!
Path_of_Play wrote:Fear, intimidation, anger - All these, the tyrant's tools.
Laughter, encouragement, play - not simply just for fools.
These tools reveal,
More is learned,
From another in an hour of play,
Than in a year of contention.

Yma23

Post by Yma23 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 12:34 pm

aside sending creepy anonymous drow poetry
Subjecting someone to Drow Poetry? Truly there is no end to your evil fiend!

But seriously, likewise I never face to face really intereacted with Clea, but her effect on the server and on Myon has been immence. I love it that she made Myon very relevent again. A power of activity and force on the island. Something to respect, even fear. And the plotlines that came out of Myon have been really fantastic of late. I am glad Clea isn't going away generally, because I hope that means her influence won't stop, and she can continue to have fantastic influences on the server, if only in different ways.

Madgamer13

Post by Madgamer13 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 3:44 pm

I've had fun in my RPs with Clea on both Faeg and Myrrh. Looking forward to more. :D
  • Kritheris Gwette (On Hiatus)

Dragonovith
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Dragonovith » Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:17 pm

Always enjoyed my interactions with Clea, a very energetic and proactive character. Looking forward to more as well.

Mythic
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Mythic » Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:54 pm

Clea was a very interesting character, and having met her fairly often I enjoyed most of our interactions. An elaborate Elf and one who does it pretty well.
Howling around all year long

Hobojoe

Post by Hobojoe » Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:39 pm

Clea is a brilliantly played character, I've always enjoyed our interactions and Royal Bloods efforts to be both inclusive and a catalyst for confrontation really helped me come out of my shell as a player.
Thrar of the Winterwood

Royal Blood

Post by Royal Blood » Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:28 am

Thanks everyone, I am glad I was able to be a positive impact!
I am not on a team.
I do not win, I do not lose.
I tell a story, and when I'm lucky,
Play a part in the story you tell too.

SilverCrow

Post by SilverCrow » Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:56 am

I enjoy chilling with Clea, even if its only a little bit. Naertho approves.

Eo Vew

Post by Eo Vew » Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:46 pm

Meeting Clea was such a pleasant surprise. I was immediately taken aback that she also venerated my own Patron. I was also surprised that despite her station, she took notice of me and gave the time of attention to Viris. Clea, in truth, was Viris' first crusade. Every step she took inspired and impressed him even more. His utter devotion was clinched by her hardline stance against the Banites. Rayla is the love of his life, but Viris would have loved Clea unconditionally as his queen.

Without Clea, Viris wanders seeking a cause.

((Thank you for being a bad Snuggybear, and leading so many RP events. You made Viris' beginning.))

Revelations

Post by Revelations » Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:26 pm

You're a great writer, and Clea is a wonderful portrayal that helps making the world "alive".

Thanks for all the RP you've stirred up, and thanks for the wonderful reads, everytime our characters met.
Be faithful in the face of death
And I will give you the crown of life

Artenides

Post by Artenides » Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:08 pm

Kudos right back at you Clea, I am glad our characters met a while ago and you persuaded me :) I loved every bit of interactions we had!
--
Plays as: [No active char atm]
"I am a software developer and a DnD nerd. That means I am equally qualified to deal with bugs and bugbears!"

Hazard

Post by Hazard » Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:05 pm

<3

Clea is fantastic and you're fantastic for creating such a well developed, deep and interesting character.