From the Desk of Doctor Emil

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

TheOpticalMouse

From the Desk of Doctor Emil

Post by TheOpticalMouse » Fri Dec 14, 2018 1:19 am

To preface, I am not rolling Snow. However the likelihood of my proper return to Arelith is not only unsure, but won't be for a long time. Arelith has been a memorable experience for me and I made some wonderful friends I have no intentions of letting go, but alas, I cannot stay forever.

Beginning January 14th, I'll be beginning classes towards getting a proper degree in Radiology [Those who know me are not surprised to learn I'm a Nurse's Assistant irl]. Because of school and Work, I cannot dedicate the time needed to Arelith not only as a player, but especially as a faction Leader.

I have passed off the Reigns to someone I trust and bid you all a fond farewell. I may pop in occasionally when time permits to say hi and play around, but any dedicated play won't be happening for at least a couple years. The Winter's Rest will Continue under Alice's care, and I hope one day to return to it.

Snow's accomplishments are, at least to me, impressive.
When I first made her, she was just a 'wandering healer', but as I started to play her the fact that she was a /doctor/ started to set in. After that, she just kept going, trying whatever she needed to. During her time on Arelith, she had done the following:
-Become the Head Medical Officer for the Cavalry
-Assisted in defeating the Fleet of Three
-Became Vice Chancellor of Cordor
-Became Acting High Chancellor of Cordor[Thanks, Thron. <3]
-Became Director of the Winter's Rest.
-Assisted in restoring the spirit animals of Arelith after their deaths.
-Joined Myon as their High Priestess
-Cured the Renor Blight
-Was officially Knighted in the wake of curing the Renor Blight
-Cured the Vacva Parasite.

Snow[And I] met a lot of people who all made huge impacts. If I forget anyone, I apologize, but here are the ones who stick out.

FRIENDS NEW AND OLD
Atu Tsel= Snow's First friend and method of entry into the Cavalry. He was always curt and a bit stab happy, but Snow trusted him and enjoyed him company.

Kadrawin & Khoudelka= Leaders of the Cavalry, and the reason Snow wound up getting invested in Arelith to begin with. Their arc with the Fleet of Three was Memorable and a brilliant way to get involved with the server. I hope one day we can meet again.

Ulg= Druid Half Orc, and the sweetest guy Snow had met in the longest time. Ulg was a gentle soul who just loved plants. Years later, he still left an impression.

Nemus Procella=Another druid, always smiling and in good humor, it was hard to be depressed when Nemus was in the room.

Lisa= Mute but made up for her lack of voice for strength of character and sweetness. Lisa was an absolute gem and I'm sad I didn't get much time with her.

Mach Fryer= Leader of the Frostblades and one of snow's more consistent pains in the butt, with all the trouble he gets into. Swinging expertly between levels of reliability and hopelessness, Snow always felt inclined to keep an eye out for Mach. They both hold similar ideals, but have different methods of approaching them.

Astra Starlock= Now Archmage of the Arcane Tower, Snow and Astra's relationship was mostly held together by their mutual caring for Jadoth, and Snow is glad that, despite her own falling out with the boy, Astra was at least still there for him.

Jasper Highfen= Snow's darling grandson, she cared about Jasper immensely and had an absolute fit when he got collared. While devistated to see him leave, she knew him leaving Arelith to marry would extend his potential lifespan.

Scarlett Highfen= Snow's lovely Granddaughter, after Scarlett lost her arm, she wound up marrying one of Snow's other friends, Alice. Scarlett and Snow were never as close as she and Jasper was, but a bond was there and it was tragic when she died.

----------
THE CLINIC
Alexa Domana= Someone whom reminded snow of herself, Snow cares about Alexa and was happy she could offer what help she did.

Nostarion= Also known as 'the Creepiest guy in cordor' for a while, the only reason Snow wasn't immediately sent running the other way was his attunement, telling her that appearances could be deceiving. I'm sorry we didn't get much time to explore their bond beyond what we had, and I hope you have a fun experience on Arelith.

Aliel Ester & Helen Lamasa= Two of Snow's apprentices, I'm sad I could never live up to my promises of teaching you two properly. Perhaps one day in the future I can make it up to you.

Rasa Nsi=One of the Clinic's Early Medics, she eventually went off to do other things and Snow really never saw her again, but the aid she offered was valued none the less.
----------
THE HUGE PLAYERS

Lacroix Sudentan= Snow's Husband and best friend for many years. Their first meeting was memorable to me, Snow ramming into his chest as she ran out of the farmhouse, screaming in terror at the massive armored man with a halberd. Their relationship let me explore parts of Snow that went somewhat untouched, especially in the wake of the failed romance with Elwood. Lacroix's sudden death left a massive impact on Snow, but with her family and friends, she recovered, and still visits his grave occasionally at the Knight's Rest.

Elwood Thron=Snow's first attempt at romance as a character, and the most magnificent dumpster fire it was. Snow and Elwood's early relationship was easily described as 'infatuation', but Elwood's immaturity and Snow's crippling jealousy issues made for poor bedfellows as Elwood's past and present actions continued to make like difficult for the anxious elf. Eventually everything burned down when the truth came out, but they managed to at least salvage something akin to a friendship. Thanks to you I managed to get to experience the harrowing life of a settlement leader, taking over after you needed to leave Arelith partway through your term. It was an amazing experience and not one I am inclined to ever want to repeat.

Most importantly, it's thanks to you that I was ever able to get and start the Winter's Rest. The biggest of hugs and thank yous to you for this opportunity. You opened a lot of doors for me.

Buppi=Buppi and Snow's early relationship was somewhat unremarkable. They met through Elwood and eventually Buppi basically looked at her and decided that Snow needed to be protected. This led to him following her all over and doing just that[a fact that actually helped out a lot. Snow was a magnet for trouble]. After a tragic loss, Buppi and Snow began to grow closer and eventually she wound up taking up the mantle of 'mother' for him, one she accepted readily. They had their high times and low times, but love was always unconditional. A lot of people didn't understand and didn't care to, but Buppi's role in Snow's life in Arelith was probably one of the largest.

Yeto= Snow's brother, they met first by chance in front of Cordor, both looking for Valentina. Eventually they met and got to know one another more properly trough Buppi. Their friendship turned into affection and suddenly Snow had a brother whom she even gave her name. Funnily enough, people kept thinking they were married, even while Lacroix was still alive. Yeto is one of a small handful of people Snow trusts implicitly, and I hope you're still around when I have time to return to Arelith.

Gorudan Vintergard= Proof that Dwarves do, in fact, like to be hugged. Gorudan was unique as a dwarf, and he and Snow found themselves close friends. They supported one another during the hard times and it even got to the point that Snow was made an honorary Vintergard; a fact that annoyed more than a few Dwarves and Elves alike.

Alice Highfen-Scarlett= One of the oldest and consistent figures in Snow's life, Alice was always present in some capacity, be it as a wandering Sunite, her grand-daughter-in-law[??], Privateer, or Mayor of Guldorand, Alice was always a constant and could always be depended on.

Jacob Swift= Jacob and Snow's relationship could be described, early on, as a rivalry[at least in Snow's perspective], but eventually gave way to genuine mutual respect. Jacob has done things that has made Snow really have to question him and herself, and he has made her push the absolute brink of what she could turn a blind eye to in the name of good intentions, but ultimately Snow cares about Jacob immensely, even when he is being the biggest child. She knew she could always turn to him when things got exceptionally hairy[and in the back of her mind knew she could rely on him to hide a body. Friends help friends hide bodies. It's a rule.]

Angela Amana=One of Snow's apprentices, but a long-time Arelithian, Angela held a unique place in Snow's life as being a superior, an equal, and a subordinate all at once. I honestly can't name a specific moment when they started being friends, it just seemed like they always were, perhaps due to Jacob being an intermediary.

There are a bunch more people, but these are the ones I can think about off the top of my head. Thank you all for a wonderful time, and I hope one day I can be back. But for now, eat your apples so you won't need me.

ColorMeLucky

The Doctor who Dealt with too much Crap

Post by ColorMeLucky » Fri Dec 14, 2018 1:32 am

Really have to honor your character greatly, for all the mess you helped Mach through. Truly he has grown well thanks to you and your words of wisdom and guidance and now leads with a bit more certainty, and you are above and beyond a great roleplayer and friend.

Looking forward to your eventual return. It's been great thus far!
Current characters: Mach S. Fryar, Vastin
"I am Silnyir the Silver, and the Frostblades are my scales, wings and breath; and I will be it's heart."
- Mach
"Two hands on the job, that's what Pa says!"
- Vastin

Mythic
Contributor
Contributor

Re: From the Desk of Doctor Emil

Post by Mythic » Fri Dec 14, 2018 1:35 am

Snow is one of those characters you can just mention in a conversation, and people know who you are talking about.

Thank you ever so much for the contributions to the server and RP just from running a clinic and staying consistant to that RP.

Whilst I never got to RP as much as I'd have liked with our wonderful Resident Snow thanks to the curse known as timezones, When I did get to spend time and roleplay with you/her. It was very enjoyable.

Salutations and safe travels, and best of luck in RL doctoring!
Howling around all year long

triaddraykin
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by triaddraykin » Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:08 am

To Angela, Snow is:

A teacher, she taught her things she could have learned from no one else. How to be a proper medic, how to mindwalk, even helped her figure out her own screwed up illusions.

A conscience, she is the reason Angela learned to both forgive herself and move forward from her past mistakes. Snow showed her how to listen to her morality over her reason, how to become compassionate and truly care, breaking down the hard walls she'd made around her heart and mind.

A sister, she was a female presence she had been searching for in her life ever since her twin died. Those who know the Tower's history know that most of the archmages Angela has chosen have been female, and this is a part of that reason. Snow broke that pattern in her, giving her a bond she found with no other woman, a sister she would break the world in half to save.

A student, someone she could teach magic to as well, though Snow knew much already. Angela added her knowledge to the growing snowball that took the isle by storm (sorry).

Most of all, Snow became her best friend, someone who could chastise her for her stupid moments (and have her listen!), and be that person she always first thought of whenever she needed a friend.

Angela will always miss the light of that candle, and do her best to see that the flames of those she touched will forever have an effect on Arelith and beyond.
Alia: The uncanny knack of Angela Amana to make the otherwise perpetually well-mannered girl lose her temper and be HORRIBLY ASHAMED afterwards.

Who on the Team to PM and When
Public Tower Discord
Tower Library
Scroll, Wand, & Potion Costs

EnigmaticSpirit
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by EnigmaticSpirit » Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:00 pm

Snow was a lot of the reason Arion remained sane through her pregnancy, and at all, really. If nothing else, just the fear of someone screwing with her mind was motivation enough to get her proverbial doo-doo in gear!

Snow became a confidante after that. She's thoroughly missed, and you know she'll write, and send Snow little drawings from the little one occasionally.

Thank you for being a voice of reason in Myon, too. You have no idea how needed it is sometimes among all the drama!

Don't be a stranger.

JubJub

Post by JubJub » Sat Dec 15, 2018 2:51 am

I loved rpi g with Snow and the clinic. Sadly Rasa did mostly wander off but all the time with Snow and the clinic was fun. Even if Rasa never fully understood the concept of not just allowing the sick and diseased to simply die and be done with it.

WanderingPoet

Post by WanderingPoet » Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:14 pm

Snow was always a lot of fun to be around - who would've thought a chance meeting with the Helping Hands healer would've lead to all the fun and drama over more than a year? It is a shame to see Snow gone, but at least Yeto knows where to find her when he needs a hug :D

The Winter's Rest was always an interesting spot for Yeto. He was a healer and in many ways had a comparable knowledge to Snow when she arrived. When she received the death threats and she made Yeto her temporary heir is made Yeto devote himself to the clinic. Over time he slid away from it as his duties to Myon consumed all of his time, but he was always fond of the place that Snow built. I wish I hadn't missed the plagues and the RP that all brought, but it was fun learning it all from you.

Hopefully we see Snow again some day on Arelith, but she leaves as a paragon of doctoring :)
Path_of_Play wrote:Fear, intimidation, anger - All these, the tyrant's tools.
Laughter, encouragement, play - not simply just for fools.
These tools reveal,
More is learned,
From another in an hour of play,
Than in a year of contention.

Royal Blood

Post by Royal Blood » Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:03 am

Emil was really neat to know, and the coronation ceremony she performed for us was great!
I am not on a team.
I do not win, I do not lose.
I tell a story, and when I'm lucky,
Play a part in the story you tell too.

Ecthelion

Post by Ecthelion » Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:49 am

Though I only had a couple of interactions with Snow, I enjoyed them greatly ! Thank you for that amazing character !
And super good luck for RL :D