Well I'm not a legend so...

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

Echohawk
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Well I'm not a legend so...

Post by Echohawk » Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:30 am

The time has come to pass, and another wonderful ride completed.

Having started the character out as a humble mercenary, I wondered if I could create depth in a simple, straightforward martial character. Whether that was accomplished or not I leave to those who scened with her. I tried to set a goal of having a less 'talky' character, and it certainly started that way.

So from beginning to end I have to give my own kudos as I sign off.

Starting with the potent contract vets!
High power, high energy, and high ambition. Taking the idea of a mercenary guild to a whole other level with participation that is refreshing and powerful to the narrative of the server.
Aleska, Arthur, Seraph, and so many many more of us folks who got together and had a riot of a time leveling and just hanging out in discord. I cannot give enough kudos to them all.

Cordor folks, new and gone.
The city of Cordor comes to you in waves, and while there can be quiet moments we all know, someone somewhere is scheming something new to give us all something to challenge. And many simply make the city a lovely, always dynamic, and rich place to interact with all manner of folks.
Nostarion, Qo'don, Seraph, Zoi, both of the Mirna sisters, Gelberath, Dendore, Geoffery, Miranda, Visconti, Wylaana, Qasi, Rick and Susan Snyder, Isabel, Piper, Sheng, James, Millicas, Berenor, (several of the Radient Heart!) Ignateus 'Iggy' (sorry if I spelled it horribly on any names) Rhueadil. (like I said, terrible), Ghestelle

The folks at the tower!
Snow, Jacob, and Astra

And a few extra folks that I couldn't lump in anywhere else:
Adan, Tua, Sei, Sydney, Vance, Aqarev, Delano, Zathlan

To the other settlements and their leaders, always a pleasure even if it was a challenge at times given the time difference of players. For your time and patience, I thank you.
And for anyone not mentioned on this list already, I apologize, you're certainly not forgotten, but there are a lot of crazy long names... and I didn't write them all down. To each and everyone I got to scene or fight with or alongside, thank you.

Shoutout to the DMs Grumpycat (who gave us an early quest about an actually grumpy cat hee), and Titania. For the greatest sendoff I could have asked for.

Closing song: Disturbed - A reason to fight

Peace, and have fun out there.
Arelith Discord: https://discord.gg/mAm8M3T
Echohawk#0623
Availability - Whenever, Sweden (GMT+1)

Atlantahammy

Re: Well I'm not a legend so...

Post by Atlantahammy » Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:33 am

Sei's a tower apprentice ;3 I'm also glad Astra can still prove to be an interesting fixture in any characters story.

sad_zav

Post by sad_zav » Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:36 am

farewell to an excellent character.

shout-out to Titania for literally the best DM event I've ever been to in my years of playing.
Currently plays Peregrine Gwil and Rick Snyder.

Formerly played Mel Aran, Antoine Moreau, and Zanril.

-XXX-

Post by -XXX- » Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:10 am

Freja was epic, so was the sendoff *boops Freja's nose once more for good measure*

Drexyl N~drass

Post by Drexyl N~drass » Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:50 am

Freja was an awesome character to interact with. Will miss tormenting her.

boggle99

Post by boggle99 » Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:29 am

Thulk will miss someone who he could have no nonsense talks with, always pragmatic and straight to business, Freja was a great char to RP with and will be missed.

l33tfragiletings

Post by l33tfragiletings » Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:48 am

It was an honor to play with you. One day Arthur and Freja will meet each other in the after life, then he's going to dance like a mad lad in-front of everyone. Rest in pepperoni.

Petrifictus

Post by Petrifictus » Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:57 pm

The last event was my first and last time when I had pleasure to roleplay with Freja, sad to see her go as would have been fun to hang out more as Wotan but she left the stage with style!

We need to honor Freja's last wish and name a bomb after her, which Cordor can use to bomb Sencliff. "What happended to Sencliff? Freja happended to Sencliff."

Hope you got sweet reward and eager to see your next character!
https://petrifications.deviantart.com/
Gnome Wotan Woodberry - (Shelved)
Goblin Toymaker Karma - (Rolled)
Ogre Karstaag da Main Man - (Active)

monkeywithstick
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by monkeywithstick » Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:55 pm

Freja continually piqued my interest as a character, despite only sporadic encounters between Izzy and her for a lot of her time in Cordor.
Has been a pleasure to play with and bounce off, even indirectly via the report notices, and doubly satisfying to do so in person.
Characters: Izzy, short for Isabel. Shaena Ash.

Rigela

Post by Rigela » Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:43 am

Oh no! A little late to finding out, but just want to add my bit to this. Freja was a great addition even before she was chancellor and only improved while she was one, taking up a hefty mantle. A great character, and only wish got to see more of her.
Isabella Isherwood - Priestess of Selune
Piper Barley - Joybringer of Lliira

Party in the forest at midnight

Post by Party in the forest at midnight » Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:38 am

Freja is a character I wish I got to interact with more, she always seemed so busy so I put it off. I didn't think anything of it, because Legends Never Roll. I never once stopped to think maybe she's not a legend. :(
I look forward to seeing what you play next!

Also, props to whoever played Adan, his death really added to the gravity of things. Rick was walking by and talking to Sappo, the only thing my character heard of the conversation was that Adan killed himself. It upset Garrett quite a bit, Adan was a paladin of his faith. Again, another character I wish I got to RP with more. I hope both of you had a good story, it sure ended in an amazing way.

msterswrdsmn

Post by msterswrdsmn » Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:15 pm

Dang. Now Freja will never get the awkward explaination as to why Sei has a note saying "workout goals: get abs like Freja's abs".

Gonna miss her!

Hibiscus Leaves

Post by Hibiscus Leaves » Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:37 pm

Thank you for the roleplay. I look forward to your next character.
“I’m—I’m——” he began muttering to himself, but could not finish what he was about to say. His name had disappeared completely. “I’m in the Valley of the Beasts,” he repeated in place of what he sought but could not find.

Echohawk

Post by Echohawk » Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:05 pm

I know a common theme is I ended up so buried in work/talks and everything else that I didn't get nearly as much face time with folks after the election.
But everything before, during, and after was just a whirlwind of experiences; certainly something to reflect on going forth!

I do have to hand out another kudos to Gelberath, the dwarves, and the surprise DM event popup at the funeral. (Which I could not make on another character woops.. I would've loved to have heard what people thought of her even in character!) Thanks to those that did speak and attend!
Arelith Discord: https://discord.gg/mAm8M3T
Echohawk#0623
Availability - Whenever, Sweden (GMT+1)

CookieMonster
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by CookieMonster » Sat Dec 22, 2018 12:28 am

Freja will be missed!

I have screenshots of the arm wrestle with Millicas though, it was a fun last thing they got to do together.
DM Spyre wrote:Someone has watched too much Dragonball Super.