Death of Bisik Willows

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

Zed

Death of Bisik Willows

Post by Zed » Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:36 am

For reals this time I actually rolled

I created Bisik originally as a smarmy Political figure who obviously had bad intentions, his sanity circled the drain after being ostrisized after a misunderstanding and "Accidental" torture of a man. As a wizard with no place to go and learn he found solace in his former employers and found the Banite church. Not being a Banite himself he was still accepted into their ranks and rose quickly to power putting his strategies to the test. Eventually taking over through a peaceful transition of power.

Amazingly I did all of this on a whim, I honestly wanted always to see where the character went. I never once tried to guide the story of him anywhere.

I found this community to be amazing at rolling with the punches. Albiet a few I wont mention, but the 99% of you all that loved to get a story in. I never went into anything with the idea that I wanted to win PvP engagements. I wanted to bring a story. and Sometimes that means Bisik falls in battle. sometimes that means the others do.

Everyone mentioned below I found to be major players in leading Bisiks story. I gave myself some personality quirks (Yes I was, every day, Invis, walking a route waiting for somone to mention my name, and no, I am not kidding) and I gave myself a slowly evolving psychological issue to work with. Narcissism was one of Bisiks core quirks, and his continuously degrading awareness of who he thought was beneath him only got worse over time.

Needless to say, I needed to Roll Bisik Purely because he was so much fun to play that I could not hold an alt together or catch an interest with anyone else. I would always find myself laughing the night away just walking into a room and waiting for somone to faint from suprise.

I just wanna give a couple Kudos out to people that were there at the endgame for Bisik. His soul crushed and him ready to burn the world down stopped by one man.

Kudos to

Mach Fryar - Colormelucky for supporting the Rolling with a grand fight fit with monologue atop of the Arcane Tower
Aligonda Evenwood - for watching and getting that finger back :D

For all those that helped make bisik who he was, and I promise was made purely to shadow what the world would do to him in the worst of ways:

Alexis LeRoux

Jerry Fendon

Medzek

Kieros Olethros - His mentor to becoming feared

Aowyn Olethros - For her teachings in buisness and to make him powerful

Odok/ Otok - Those that helped me learn how to be a better PvPer and make sure I could backup my trash talk

The Ironmoors - Very complicated story here that is worth a book in itself

Jacob Swift
- Both of you for putting up constantly with Bisiks Shenanigans I only ever meant to kill you a few times
Astra Starlock

The various chancellors, Mayors, guards, commoners, civilians, adventurers... Everyone really that had to put up with him walking into the room...

Lastly to everyone that made this character such a fun experience.

I created this character when I came in after the EE launch. I think that he has such a complex role in the world now. And I hope all of the items he has left in it continue to be a case for study.

Atlantahammy

Re: Death of Bisik Willows

Post by Atlantahammy » Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:57 am

I'm glad Astra could have a role in his tail, despite being a major pain in the butt for him!

Also you can't forget the perpetrator of THIS beautiful monstrosity:

Xerah

Post by Xerah » Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:03 pm

RIP Mister Ugly
Katernin Bersk, Chancellor of Divination; Kerri Amblecrown, Paladin of Milil; Xull'kacha Auvry'rae, Redcap Fey-pacted; Sadia yr Thuravya el Bhirax, Priestess of Umberlee; Lissa Whitehorn, Archmage of Artifice

Fionn

Post by Fionn » Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:11 pm

Glad to have known you a bit now and then. I think Badger getting run off by your Dracoliche in the Skal graveyard was my only direct IC interaction, but you came up at the Tower frequently enough to be part of Wynn's story too.
~~~~~~
Badger
Wynn
RIP: Paddy

JediZero

Post by JediZero » Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:28 pm

For all the glaring and sabre rattling, Jacob at least respected his skill in necromancy. RIP. Will miss my favorite necromantic Banite.

dominantdrowess
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by dominantdrowess » Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:00 am

<3 From Jezette. D:

Anime Sword Fighter

Post by Anime Sword Fighter » Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:06 am

briefly guarded bisik while he was jailed in Skaljard once, was a fun time

Nobs

Post by Nobs » Sun Dec 09, 2018 1:38 am

Always had good times with you and the Banites :)

Zaravella
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by Zaravella » Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:42 am

Goodbye you murderous villain... Bisquick Pancakes will be missed :-) Hope to meet your next creation soon.
"Power is not revealed by striking hard or striking often; But by striking true."
-Honore de Balzac-

ColorMeLucky

Post by ColorMeLucky » Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:47 pm

One of the most single iconic villains through Skal's history, and even Arelith. I really loved interacting with Bisik, and the love-hate between Mach and Bisik will probably remain for a long time, even after death.

Enjoy the abyss. I'll come hunt you later. :L
Current characters: Mach S. Fryar, Vastin
"I am Silnyir the Silver, and the Frostblades are my scales, wings and breath; and I will be it's heart."
- Mach
"Two hands on the job, that's what Pa says!"
- Vastin

GwaiLo

Post by GwaiLo » Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:00 pm

Bisik was awesome. A real villain. We will miss him.

-Otok

Piri

Post by Piri » Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:03 pm

Bye bye Bisik! You introduced me to evil in Arelith!

Kenji
Arelith Platinum Supporter
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Post by Kenji » Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:04 am

I wish I had more "meaningful" interactions with Bisik on Soirin, but I messed up by PvPing him and attempted to do some prison RP with him. Made me felt bad for days, but Zed was cool about it and sent me tells about it being a good battle nonetheless.

Thanks for bringing some fun and faction attention to Skal as Bisik!