Tower Defense: Thank you. - Kudos

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

Atlantahammy

Tower Defense: Thank you. - Kudos

Post by Atlantahammy » Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:51 am

To those that spent HOURS with us, waiting to defending the tower form a sudden raid, Thank you.

I don't think your characters dunno how truly thankful Astra is to those that answered the call, there are meny names, so I will list who I can:

Patrick O'Sulivan, Azreal, Tua, Sei, Shadow, Kazen, Thulk, Angela Amana, Conlan Lani'aela, Mina, Igogh, Eirik, Freja, Veras, Gallien, Asher, Ditto, Angwythiir...

If you where involved, please do state your name! There where meany there and I wanna be sure I got Everyone, even on the bad guys side, I still wanna know who's of ours was involved in this, that provoked a raid.

And if anyone got screenshots? Do share! I didn't get any cause my game crashed not long after sending a word of faith after a second? third? Dracolich. :p

Orian_666

Re: Tower Defense: Thank you. - Kudos

Post by Orian_666 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:56 am

Really happy with how that raid went, both sides came away with a "win", so to speak, rules were followed, the attacking side itself showed great numbers as did the defense and it's always nice to see good turnouts, the pre planning with spies etc gave us some good RP and the efforts to help rebuild greyhammer after it all (still underway no doubt) was also a lot of fun.
Kudos to the defenders and attackers for making it interesting =D
And of course to any DMs that were overseeing it all, as always you guys are awesome =D
Last edited by Orian_666 on Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hibiscus Leaves

Post by Hibiscus Leaves » Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:56 am

Thanks for the fun. It was cool to act as sentinel, scout and harrier all in one night.
“I’m—I’m——” he began muttering to himself, but could not finish what he was about to say. His name had disappeared completely. “I’m in the Valley of the Beasts,” he repeated in place of what he sought but could not find.

DM Avalon Soul
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master

Post by DM Avalon Soul » Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:57 am

I was on the Client providing HIn-revere like additions to the Roleplay that occured!
"How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his brother. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame; for one person, in the dark, where no one will ever know or see. " -- Sebaestian, Babylon 5

Cerk Evermoore

Post by Cerk Evermoore » Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:23 am

:) Had a great time, I remember transitioning in for like three minutes expecting I'd be dead but pleasantly I wasn't!

Orian_666

Post by Orian_666 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:31 am

Thankfully when it's laggy as hell like that no matter how long a transition takes the character won't appear until you fully load in :)
The summons do though, so kinda sucks that we got to pick off a lot of them before the players loaded in >.<

Annakist

Post by Annakist » Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:06 am

Jajass Xyvil'kor- To the Tower!
We very much enjoyed the display of fun shown in the earlier escalations of a rather small scale event that led to such a mass multi-server ordeal. A win-win for both sides. Even though we lost, we still "slaughtered a settlement" (npc). Astra, Angela, Sei, Thulk, Conlan ya nut and many more... All those who did in fact have to wait for a good long long time for our plans to take speed~Kudos/sorry!

I also noted rules were followed and was for a change was a blessing to not have griping at the end of an event with so much blood.
So all in all the surface turn out was fantastic! Ud was like-wise amazing.

You guys made a few players first time raiding from below a most grand experience; even in death the tells were "OMG-- that was freaking awesome!"

*hat tip*

Atlantahammy

Post by Atlantahammy » Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:06 am

Annakist wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:06 am
We very much enjoyed the display of fun shown in the earlier escalations of a rather small scale event that led to such a mass multi-server ordeal. A win-win for both sides. Even though we lost, we still "slaughtered a settlement" (npc). Astra, Angela, Sei, Thulk, Conlan ya nut and many more... All those who did in fact have to wait for a good long long time for our plans to take speed~Kudos/sorry!

I also noted rules were followed and was for a change was a blessing to not have griping at the end of an event with so much blood.

You guys made a few players first time raiding from below a most grand experience; even in death the tells were "OMG-- that was freaking awesome!"

*hat tip*
Aye the rules being followed was nice!

I am sorry about the corpse bashing, I'd not expected that, was hoping to just have one ya' raised and made to walk home with the corpses, but eeech, that happens with large groups, hopefully we can get that standard going again.

I wanna know who actually stole the "Sacrifice" cause I'm still unsure who actually did it, I hope we can learn that someday. xD

Annakist

Post by Annakist » Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:23 am

:D
You cant expect to murder an entire village and then get the pity walk home....

All gravy.

*the search continues*

Zaravella
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by Zaravella » Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:54 am

My toon, Ranthe was there by accident. She was going to the Bloodmoon Fort to hunt the orcs.... and on the way she saw the warded army gathered at the Tower.. and she stayed! Her story got enriched, and the character went through some developement. :)

Also, Thanks for the mage buffs. :)

Always a pleasure.
"Power is not revealed by striking hard or striking often; But by striking true."
-Honore de Balzac-

Drak
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Drak » Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:04 am

Asher here, was a fun time! I died right away but thats becaue I threw an acid bomb on Dante and company and ran :D

Ebonstar

Post by Ebonstar » Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:35 am

Atlantahammy wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:06 am
Annakist wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:06 am

*hat tip*
Aye the rules being followed was nice!

I am sorry about the corpse bashing, I'd not expected that, was hoping to just have one ya' raised and made to walk home with the corpses, but eeech, that happens with large groups, hopefully we can get that standard going again.

I wanna know who actually stole the "Sacrifice" cause I'm still unsure who actually did it, I hope we can learn that someday. xD
cue the noir music.

Only the Shadow knows!!
Yes I can sign

DM Wraith
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master

Post by DM Wraith » Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:55 am

Well done on both sides. So so many players involved. Was great to see all of the interactions, the defensive/offensive tact from both sides. Very well done to everyone involved, was happy to help in overseeing the event!

Poor Grummy though.

Covex

Post by Covex » Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:21 pm

Hahaha Lag made me stand there and got bashed xd

Still fun tho even with my internet taking a big one it was still great.
"How can a fey even turn into a werewolf?" -Borbag Malshurd

Twohand
General Admin
General Admin

Post by Twohand » Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:14 pm

Got two screenshots from Greyhammer's aftermath:

Hexgoblin

Post by Hexgoblin » Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:46 pm

Continuing on the same tangent, I'd like to furthermore extend a kudos to Rick Snyder for his outstanding contributions to the event in question.

This guy really brings a lot to the table.

TheVigilant
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by TheVigilant » Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:23 pm

Maelawen's player poking in. Just wanted to say that was good fun.

| Oria Mavekix - Rolled | Maelawen - Rolled | Ylva Gudmundottir - Rolled |
|Bauth'va Uli'far- Rolled |Niamh Drexler-O'Briar - Rolled |
| Celitha Galincourt - Active |

Drexyl N~drass

Post by Drexyl N~drass » Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:04 pm

Delano was there. It was a great event! The attack on Bendir had me laughing the entire time! The Tower was exceptionally well organized! Massive Kudos to the DMs involved, even lag couldn't kill how awesome the whole thing was. Big shout out to the drow who were there, the scum of sencliff, and team good guys! Normally I'm not a fan of events like this because of the lag that is sure to hit, but it was a 10/10 event!

https://i.imgur.com/y7lIbl6.png

Queen Titania
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by Queen Titania » Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:14 pm

DM Wraith wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:55 am
Well done on both sides. So so many players involved. Was great to see all of the interactions, the defensive/offensive tact from both sides. Very well done to everyone involved, was happy to help in overseeing the event!

Poor Grummy though.
Poor Grummy.
Please don't feed my sister.

Orian_666

Post by Orian_666 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:27 pm

Grummy!!

F

Rooshi49

Post by Rooshi49 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:56 pm

Wait a minute, did we actually get to burn Greyhammer to the ground? Thats awesome! As one of the people pushing towards attacking the tower, I wanted to do it even though it may have been suicide for the theme. Even if the forces of evil lost, it was rather interesting!

Orian_666

Post by Orian_666 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:18 pm

Not entirely burned to the ground, no. But it was mostly a wreck.
Fires everywhere, rubble and debris everywhere, we even had to make efforts to rescue an NPC trapped in the tavern there, bodies scattered around the place too.
I think technically when all was said and done both sides got a win and a loss. Surfacers defeated the attackers but Greyhammer took a massive hit anyway, and the attackers got defeated/pushed back but managed to raze Greyhammer first.

sad_zav

Post by sad_zav » Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:28 pm

Hexgoblin wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:46 pm
Continuing on the same tangent, I'd like to furthermore extend a kudos to Rick Snyder for his outstanding contributions to the event in question.

This guy really brings a lot to the table.
ty for appreciating me, i'm glad somebody does :)
Currently plays Peregrine Gwil and Rick Snyder.

Formerly played Mel Aran, Antoine Moreau, and Zanril.

DM Avalon Soul
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master

Post by DM Avalon Soul » Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:38 pm

Nooo Gruummmmy!
"How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his brother. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame; for one person, in the dark, where no one will ever know or see. " -- Sebaestian, Babylon 5

Rooshi49

Post by Rooshi49 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:41 pm

Speaking on NPCs, that one single marathon running earthkin soldier should be given a medal of honor and a statue built in their name. They were the ones who saved Athens . . er . . I mean the Arcane Tower!