Cordor exiles hearing

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

boggle99

Cordor exiles hearing

Post by boggle99 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:47 am

As it was wiped by the forum reset I'm going to repost my kudos for this event. (Well rewrite it completely as I can't remember exactly what I wrote)

I had a great time at the event, organising the security and rules in advance with Freja and going over it all with Astra and Emelina.

I look forward to reading Garretts transcript as Thulk was way to busy keeping his little DMZ/no man's land clear,of watchers and Cordorians, for me as a player to read what was being said. I always enjoy those moments when the tension is high and I can really dive into the characters mindset.

That tension of course ramped up to eleven when Vance arrived, just the air of calm menace that character exudes makes him a pleasure to rp around. It was especially tence when both groups lined up on the imaginary edges of Thulks buffer zone. Just him and Emelina like 'Cyricists to the left of me, Helmites to the right, here I am stuck in the middle with you.'

Special mentions to Sei for dropping everything to go on a massive coffee run. The Wardens Emelina and Edmond for joining Thulk in the gap and helping keep order. Mages Conlan, Fidock, Astra, and Jacob for being ready with plan B (mass death spells and dropping a Dragon on anything still moving) should either side attack en masse. And of course to Freja and the Cordorians, for engaging with the Towers neutrality rp and instead of saying pick a side, using it as the ground for this sort of meeting. I hope it will be the first of many.

Tomato

Re: Cordor exiles hearing

Post by Tomato » Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:40 am

It was fun! I hope there will be more parties for us to crash.
Finally seeing the Cordor government was cool.

monkeywithstick
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by monkeywithstick » Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:58 am

Tomato wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:40 am
"But you've met me four times, you should know this by now" :P

Was super fun and slightly scary to have so many factions in one place at once.

Would totally neutral ground again :D
Characters: Izzy, short for Isabel. Shaena Ash.

Dragonfyre

Post by Dragonfyre » Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:29 pm

boggle99 wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:47 am
That tension of course ramped up to eleven when Vance arrived, just the air of calm menace that character exudes makes him a pleasure to rp around. It was especially tence when both groups lined up on the imaginary edges of Thulks buffer zone. Just him and Emelina like 'Cyricists to the left of me, Helmites to the right, here I am stuck in the middle with you.'
Yeah, that "...oh thank the gods, you made it!" comment Emelina made to Thulk before the whole thing kicked off? That ramped up to 11 as soon as Eme heard Vance's voice, lol. There's a reason Eme stayed glued to Thulk's side so much after that.

And the look on Freja's face when Eme handed over four notebooks, and told her there were eighty documents within their pages pertaining the exiles? Priceless. "I'll never be able to go over these before the hearing."

Then Eme's side conversation with Sheng Zhao, when she approached him about handing over the copy of Petra's files to Freja, and he asked "Aren't you on the wrong side of the room?" was amusing, as she responded with "As Senior Warden of the Arcane Tower, I'm most definitely on the right side."

Like Thulk, I know I missed a lot of what went on, and can't wait for Garrett's transcripts of the hearing to come out. Between playing back-up to the big guy as a fellow Warden, and being called up with Rann to speak about their own exiles, I had a hard time keeping up with everything.
Tomato wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:40 am
Seconded, but for altogether different reasons. For Emelina, finally being given the opportunity to address allegations made after 3 in-game years of wrongfully-imposed exile (IC opinion!) was... not really sure how to describe it. While never getting to face the accusers head-on, hearing Katharyn as Vice-Chancellor say the allegations against Rann and Eme would never have stood up in a court of law due to lack of evidence was a sort of vindication she'd long been waiting for.
boggle99 wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:47 am
And of course to Freja and the Cordorians, for engaging with the Towers neutrality rp and instead of saying pick a side, using it as the ground for this sort of meeting. I hope it will be the first of many.
Quoting this for emphasis, but adding to the list to include all involved. Cyricists, Banites, Pirates, Paladins and Champions of various faiths, Necromancer(s), and... everything in between. It was an event chock-full of high-strung tension that somehow was able to pull off delicately balancing atop the line between a controlled situation and utter chaos.
Active character(s): Emelina Selizar - A Slave No More

Others: Shea Webber (Retired and wandering the wilds with her beloved Xellree)

MineTurtle

Post by MineTurtle » Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:44 pm

I had lots of fun getting drunk in the corner and being mean to people. Thanks everyone!

Zaravella
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by Zaravella » Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:48 pm

It was fun indeed, although my toon came in late, and was very surprised to see the Strife-boys there. :-)
"Power is not revealed by striking hard or striking often; But by striking true."
-Honore de Balzac-

Archon

Post by Archon » Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:52 pm

Cordor Exile hearing was a very well set up and smooth event (good job, organizers), while I regret crashing in as late as I did.

It was cool to see so many characters in one room I rarely run across and interact with as Vance on regular basis. Old friends, new friends, enemies (mostly enemies), whole scale of it. Thank you for keeping pitchforks sheathed.

TimeAdept

Post by TimeAdept » Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:06 pm

It was fun, thanks much!

Party in the forest at midnight

Post by Party in the forest at midnight » Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:16 pm

It was a lot of fun, the huge mix of people really made it interesting. I did in fact transcribe it, and included all of the juicy interruptions that made it fun. It's a bit long.

I was sure to include that Aqarev was there serving drinks to people, I thought it was hilarious. Notorious pirate and Cyricist, dispensing coffee to those around him. Years from now when all of our characters have been rolled, this is what I want to be remembered.

I'm also working on finishing up the transcription of the town hall meeting that happened a day prior.

Atlantahammy

Post by Atlantahammy » Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:47 pm

Archon wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:52 pm
Cordor Exile hearing was a very well set up and smooth event (good job, organizers), while I regret crashing in as late as I did.

It was cool to see so many characters in one room I rarely run across and interact with as Vance on regular basis. Old friends, new friends, enemies (mostly enemies), whole scale of it. Thank you for keeping pitchforks sheathed.
I actually panicked in all that, thinking mass PVP would start cause.. Well that normally happens when baddies show up :'D

I'm really glad it didn't, and I'm glad you and the others got that chance.

Richørd

Post by Richørd » Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:46 am

I think this thread used to be about 387% better when there was still praise for Bertram :<

Party in the forest at midnight

Post by Party in the forest at midnight » Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:51 am

Yo, you probably never saw my reply. Bertram's testimony was SPICY as heck. I look forward to seeing him (or maybe not seeing him!) in Cordor.

Richørd

Post by Richørd » Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:06 am

Party in the forest at midnight wrote:
Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:51 am
Yo, you probably never saw my reply. Bertram's testimony was SPICY as heck. I look forward to seeing him (or maybe not seeing him!) in Cordor.
You mean your reply before the forum was rolled back? :D

Nah, I saw it. That's what my post was refering to.

dominantdrowess
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by dominantdrowess » Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:12 am

I wish I coulda been there, but I knew a drow char had no place watching. <3