Alatar's Fidock

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

Dalek Caan
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Alatar's Fidock

Post by Dalek Caan » Sun Sep 30, 2018 2:36 pm

I don't make kudos threads too often because I'm a lazy bugger.

BUT: This one is well-deserved and for someone who should get way more credit!

Big props to Alatar and his character Fidock. That little gnome reeaally knows his stuff, proven once more by a recent scientifical excursion to the mindflayer lair. He takes his time to go into lore details and give people bits of insight into a vast array of topics.

The mage defense symposium was also insanely awesome. So, huge thanks for all you do!

My name is Dalek Caan. And I approve this gnome.

Amineh123

Re: Alatar's Fidock

Post by Amineh123 » Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:57 pm

Heey, Fidock is awesome.
Best regards, Aminehus.

Artenides

Post by Artenides » Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:09 am

I completely agree, Fidock is great and has been fun to RP with! If only he was a little bit taller :D
--
Plays as: [No active char atm]
"I am a software developer and a DnD nerd. That means I am equally qualified to deal with bugs and bugbears!"

Kenji
Arelith Platinum Supporter
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Post by Kenji » Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:27 am

Mr. Fidock was the first Arcane Tower mage that offered any of my Skaljard rangers a job on the Arelith Archipelago. The guy has depth and provides a wide range of RP, even if the height ain't there :mrgreen:

Beernerd81

Post by Beernerd81 » Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:11 am

Fidock is an amazing character in his wealth of knowledge and ability, but also for his mild-mannered personality and subtle approach to interactions. I have seen first hand what the character can do. Alatar has mastered the essence of "that quiet guy at work whom nobody really gives a second thought but then you find out he's like a Bruce Lee level Kung Fu master." Anyone can power build a badass. Roleplaying a badass who comes across as just another regular guy takes talent. Fidock is the best!
Hunter548 wrote:Variety is often overrated. Sucking at 15 things is not better than being good at 3.
Wytchee wrote:Please roleplay all classes listed on your character sheet.

Alantar
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by Alantar » Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:03 pm

Thank you all for your kind words. Fidock has been my first character in a non-Spanish server and I struggled a lot, especially at the beginning, trying to make myself understood beyond very simple sentences, actions or descriptions (I'm still struggling, but in a different degree; besides, I keep wordreference and google translator always at hand, just in case). You all have been very patient and understanding, so thank you for that!

In regard to Fidock's roleplay style, I must admit that it was not very planned from the beginning. I just wanted to create a character with a deep lore and understanding of the Realms, but also focused on action and exploration; "field research", as he sais. That's the reason why he started his career as a cartographer.

Big props to the Arcane Tower, in general, to the "bad" gnomish workshop, to the old Vanguard, to the Church of Cyric&friends (it's good to have some enemies in a RP server, and a good PvP from time to time) and to all those characters who have shared their story with Fidock's. You all have made things very fun and challenging IC, and easy and smooth OOC.

See you in the Archipelago!

naturaly

Post by naturaly » Sat Oct 06, 2018 12:56 am

Fidock’s lessons are great, thank you for so much hard work to give us fun!

Alantar
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by Alantar » Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:32 pm

You're most welcome, Mr. Hectrod.

Mythic
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Mythic » Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:08 pm

Fidock is an absolutely brilliant Gnome and RP'er that I wish I could spend more time with!

Gnome' Saying?
Howling around all year long

Alantar
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by Alantar » Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:22 pm

Much appreciated.

Revelations

Post by Revelations » Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:06 pm

<3 Fidock and his awesome gnome wizard vibes.

Very enabling and inclusive player. Keep it up!
Be faithful in the face of death
And I will give you the crown of life

Zaravella
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by Zaravella » Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:47 am

Agree. Fidock Cassey has taken the time to teach my apprentice mage Cerise about magical Defense, one on one. I look forward for more lessons and finally being able to adventure with him out there when my mage is epic.

Thank you to the player, you're amazing.
"Power is not revealed by striking hard or striking often; But by striking true."
-Honore de Balzac-

Alantar
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by Alantar » Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:47 am

Thank you both, Revelations and Zarabella. Saelynn has always been a great companion and she has included Fidock in very interesting plots and quests. Cerise, the session at the Grounds was fun and, of course, we'll go on adenture soon, even before your epics.