Ghestaldt's Final Kudos

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

Cuchilla
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Re: Ghestaldt's Final Kudos

Post by Cuchilla » Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:53 pm

From the first time Ghestaldt and Ivory met, it was clear, two persons couldn't be more different. But ... omg, seldom have I laughed so much behind the keyboard, as roleplaying with you. It was like a work of art, and one never knew what would happen.

Thanks for all the hours of great fun! Ivory had to leave for a while, now Ghestaldt is gone. But they will always live in my memory.

Aloise "Lois", Biarray "Ray", Uniethrade. INACTIVE: Ivory Bushdiggger DEAD: Cuchilla. Beliat, Clyasy. Cristyn. Fadriatta. Fraya Stensamler (Chief Librarian). Goirin. Greensleeves. Gwydynya. Hilda. Kaxandra. Trista. Willisa.

whoisthisis

Post by whoisthisis » Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:15 pm

Turns out he was an old softy. He wanted to come to Myon to see a statue of someone.

Never got to meet him face to face, but I got to hear him talk a lot. Will be missed.

Face

Post by Face » Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:45 pm

I know it's been said, but it does feel like a friend has died.

The character: He was an intimidatingly grumpy, stoic, ever-vigilant dwarf with a permanent frown. But the depth, man, the deep waters beneath the dutiful surface. There was a righteous anger at the tide of nonsense he had seen over the years on the isle. There was a kind of gentleness to his mind, coming from a quiet acceptance that it was his place to serve those around him. There was more to the character than I can do justice to in a forum post.

And he didn't just act as he did because he was Lawful or a dwarf, he acted based on beliefs born from actual, ingame character history. That meant that whether he was heroic or stern, it meant something. There was a weight to him. When he was angry, you felt afraid. When he was heroic, you wanted to charge in alongside him.

He was, and is, one of my favourite characters across all the games I've played and books I've read. I will miss him greatly.

The player: A little fellow is a godlike roleplayer and a selfless individual. Every action I've seen him make IG has progressed storylines, started storylines, connected parallel storylines and heightened other characters' storylines. He has worked tirelessly for years as, essentially, a side-character to lift other characters up.

Every single time I visited the Thane's Quarters as Singrun to make the Overseer's Report, I left with a new understanding of Singrun's character. Talking with Ghestaldt didn't feel like roleplaying, it felt like watching someone write a story in front of you....and somehow you were invited to be a part of it.

He took Brogendenstein from a ghost-town to a powerhouse of RP. He lifted up every character around him even as the years wore on, the familiar faces vanished and the IC meetings grew ever-longer. He wove the story of a single dwarf deep into the fabric of the server's world over several years and crafted a beginning, a middle and a perfect end. He is Arelith at its best.

Vigilance.

Dragonovith
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Dragonovith » Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:43 am

During the last few months, I've been playing with the Dwarves of Brogendenstein regularly, not as a Dwarf, but as a Human, and that has helped me notice an important lesson Ghestaldt had to teach us: make it fun for others too. It doesn't matter if you're roleplaying with a friend or an enemy, with someone who shares your character's views or not, make sure everyone around you has their share of fun. This, coupled with a very high standard of roleplaying, is what makes Ghest so loved and cherished.

Ironfoot

Post by Ironfoot » Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:06 pm

Kudos to mr.Blimth for rping his toon from his first day to his last with same passion. To preform as such even as a leader is very rare on this server even as i dont recall anyone achiving the same, and for that a sacrafice is required that he made for all of us to enjoy as players.

My story with Thane was from gnome-dwarf angle that comes with certain trust but with bit of grain of salty suspicion, it was amazing to observe how Torlarnd and Ghest connection grew from MINUS to PLUS and that we rped in time when dwarf and gnome RP was on its peak what DM's recognised and "reward" with the earthkin-themed "Spriggan Saga". a serious of great events with climax that i still consider largest DM event on Arelith ever not to mention over the time of six full IRL months that was quality carried away by all the dwarfs who somewhat beside Ghest would always be better versions of themselves and thats prolly the largest quality i see in this player, he simply made other players, friends or foes-to give their best, and thats how leader should be played not just as a leaders but as a supportive character for other toon stories as they are equally important as yours.

I also kudos the momentum you made choice to finish your story, it was perfect way to go for someone who seen so many wars, he found his peace at the end, that so many seek...but even less manage to find.

From what i see now dwarfs have many characters like Ghest was and i am sure that those players will be its legacy as they promote dwarf RP in so many different stories of other races and characters as Ghest did.

As said, thank you making us all better players and falling in love with dwarf RP.

Dovesong

Post by Dovesong » Mon Oct 01, 2018 2:19 pm

Ghestaldt, along with Mama Fini, are a huge part of the reason Lyssa finally found happiness, and allowed herself the grace to seize it. They were, with Eldwyn, part of her cheering squad, and she loves them dearly even though she's gone. I'm sure that there are little LyssaAndBeriklings named after both Thane and Queen somewhere!

Storm....well. Didn't like most anyone. But Ghest she respected and related to. Which is much the same as "liking", in her book.

Amaera was a cranky bitch, but in her way she did respect and like Ghestaldt. Mostly. In a vaguely alien and not-entirely-normal way. As she did.

Hoping to run into you on whatever you make next, enjoy the break!
In'iira - Woman of Many Talents.

Lily-Rose - Daughter of the storm

Xerah

Post by Xerah » Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:19 pm

Had some pretty great clashes with Daddy G in the past, mostly as Lissa.

F
Katernin Bersk, Chancellor of Divination; Kerri Amblecrown, Paladin of Milil; Xull'kacha Auvry'rae, Redcap Fey-pacted; Sadia yr Thuravya el Bhirax, Priestess of Umberlee; Lissa Whitehorn, Archmage of Artifice

A Streetcar Named Desire

Post by A Streetcar Named Desire » Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:57 pm

Xerah wrote:
Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:19 pm
Had some pretty great clashes with Daddy G in the past, mostly as Lissa.

F
Wow, a grade of an F is harsh.

I also had some small clashes with G, mostly with Katie, that were all memorable. As an outside observer, Brogendenstein quickly turned into one of my favorite places in how the players contributed to making it a breathing setting, even if I never played a dwarf there.

E

(For epic-ally entertaining)
"Every performance is like a ghost -- it's there and then it's gone."

aergnist
Arelith Platinum Supporter
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Post by aergnist » Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:43 pm

Gone way too early, but not really. It was a good ending. Massive kudos for all the time and quality RP you put in, and for doing your utmost to include all players both big and small. Wish I had more chances to play with Ghestaldt, you gave me some pretty neat and memorable moments, thank you.

Covex

Post by Covex » Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:38 am

Oh my god my name is in there

I wish I am able to know IG about what happend but sadly personal things are going on right now can't play much planing to retire my cleric when I have the time to do so

It was fun to shake his hands after I joined the now former Kulds back in the year 128 I think or 127 it was I forgot
I hate myself again to have missed a major event in my Dwarf RP again but oh well I always miss big events anyways lmao

Thanks for the RP Ghest you will still be our Thane forever lol
"How can a fey even turn into a werewolf?" -Borbag Malshurd

Ebonstar

Post by Ebonstar » Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:12 pm

Ghest and Fini were new to the server had a little shop in cordor trade hall with their little clan, and they came across a hin who had cornered the healing kit market along with pies in his temporary trada shop outside the nomad.

The thought that these dwarfs wanted to sell kits down the hill was a shock, so being the ever industrious hin, who would bite the hand of 99.9 percent of those who touched him, he struck a deal with the dwarfs, since they were not the greedy gnome in Furth's.

The dwarfs made kits ( heelus) and Bok would buy the whole lot of them and still resell them for a 5-10 coin profit while still not being greedy like a gnome.

It was a good trade plan and then the dwarfs moved on to the big stone mountain and Bok became cook to the King for a time before he got bored and went off hunting Giants.

Long live the Blimth Clan no matter where they wander! You went a long way and left many friends behind who adore you.
Yes I can sign

Ork
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by Ork » Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:43 pm

It has been a long time since a single individual has effected Arelith on such a grand scale. It's clear from your roleplay and the people's replies here that Ghestaldt reigns with other legendary names on this server and will be talked about for a long, long time.

Cheers.

Bryce Silver-Wind

Post by Bryce Silver-Wind » Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:45 pm

Bryce got to meet Ghestaldt a few times, and every interaction was fun and interesting, I hope your next character is just as much fun for you.

Wordless Truth

Post by Wordless Truth » Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:22 pm

Ghestaldt was an ideal dwarf, an ideal settlement leader, and an ideal friend.

Thanks for all the dedication and time, the great writing and the IC and OOC fun.

Stellar player and character, never to be forgotten.

Dalek Caan
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Dalek Caan » Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:46 pm

Are you gonna make an Orog now?

ForgottenBhaal

Post by ForgottenBhaal » Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:01 pm

good thane
rated 10/10
needs more hardwood tho

Mr_Rieper

Post by Mr_Rieper » Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:20 pm

Oh boy. I was devastated when I saw that Ghestaldt had died, after just seeing the dwarves of Brog featured on the Twitter feed. Felt like a stab in the gut, but I also know that out of every single player I knew, you were the one that most deserved a break. Now I've found this thread, and I'm compelled to reply. I'm compelled to tell you all the things you probably didn't hear enough while you were leading.

I have to tell you that you are one of the greatest treasures that Arelith has ever had. If this server had a Hall of Fame, your name would surely be in it. The dwarves have had their outstanding players but very few as committed and unrelentingly awesome as you. I mean it. I want others to know just how much I admire you, as a roleplayer.

For all the late nights and meetings that dragged on for a few hours too long, and cut into your sleep schedule.
For all the factions formed and forged under Ghestaldt's leadership, all the laws, systems and treaties you created.
For all the epic battles that Brogendenstein held their ground in, and protected their allies.
For all the personal letters written, all the banners made, all the time spent, and all the unexpected jokes made.
And for all the bromances upheld--

Thank you, Little Fellow. You are one of a kind, and I salute you for your service.
CosmicOrderV wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 4:55 pm
Be the change you want to see, and shape the server because of it. Players can absolutely help keep their fellow players accountable.

matheusgraef

Post by matheusgraef » Thu Oct 04, 2018 3:20 pm

"That be orc culture fer ye."

sleep well thane <3

Hannibal

Post by Hannibal » Sat Oct 06, 2018 12:24 am

best boss in the game
dropped alot of loot today

R.I.P <3

Diilicious

Post by Diilicious » Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:42 am

omg recieving his last letter from beyond the grave hit shanna like a truck...

once again kudos, and farewell :'D
Name: Shanna Waynolt nee Tahir
Height: 5'0"
Weight: 106lb
Hair & facial archetype: Ginnifer Goodwin
Body shape archetype: Example

jastewart1988

Post by jastewart1988 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 1:40 pm

I'm really sad I didn't get more time in game with him but the brief bits we did have I had a great time. Imrodi respected him and will remember him for a long long time to come.