Kudos to [Insert Name Here]

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

Germain

Kudos to [Insert Name Here]

Post by Germain » Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:34 pm

Hey hey everyone...

About three months ago, I left my old server (that I had played on since 2006) and randomly found my way here to Arelith. In that time, I have been amazed at the caliber of both players (and characters) and DMs that I have come across. The experience has been so enjoyable, that I subsequently recruited more people over and I don't think they've looked back since.

Even when I made the decision to make my first character a cleric of Umberlee (historically not a well liked person), I have been amazed at the various interactions and role play. So... kudos to all of you for making this place what it is. Go forth and continue to be awesome!
Current Character: Umrae Freth

Previous: Edala Helder, Maethe N'Shee, Elerra Hyluan

ColorMeLucky

Re: Kudos to [Insert Name Here]

Post by ColorMeLucky » Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:06 am

It's honestly refreshing to see an Umberlant played so well and so carefully. Without being belligerent the character clearly still represents the Fury of the Bitch Queen and her interactions are always incredibly memorable, and so is her general appearance and description.

It's hard to really not like the character in just about every aspect and you deserve promise yourself. Hope I get to see you around more on the server.
Current characters: Mach S. Fryar, Vastin
"I am Silnyir the Silver, and the Frostblades are my scales, wings and breath; and I will be it's heart."
- Mach
"Two hands on the job, that's what Pa says!"
- Vastin

PeaceLittleBird

Post by PeaceLittleBird » Thu Sep 27, 2018 1:11 pm

I absolutely love Edala. Rarely have I seen a Cleric (of Umberlee at that!) played so extremely well.
Last edited by PeaceLittleBird on Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Red Ropes

Post by Red Ropes » Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:10 pm

Edala was one of the first `other clerics` I had met with Qasi and they floored me with their awesomeness. They literally are from the pages of the loreguides and given so much more than that. I felt like I was having a dialogue with a fellow priest of a power in the realms and that was so, so cool.

Since I've been done with that character for a bit I've since ran into you on others and you've both frighted, counseled, and commended in interesting and great ways.

you're... making waves... Germain. :lol:
🤡

Kenji
Arelith Platinum Supporter
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Post by Kenji » Thu Sep 27, 2018 7:01 pm

Only positive things can be said about the Priestess of the Bitch Queen, Edala. Her intimidating outfit, the helmet and trident, and the calm and cold demeanor are the perfect representation of an Umberlant.

Wish Edala could remain on Skal and keep the populace drown in fear of Umberlee. She really adds to the overall atmosphere of Skal. The Umberlee shrine and the pillars near the east side of Skaljard are still there and have to be one of my favorite fixture placement.

Orian_666

Post by Orian_666 » Sat Sep 29, 2018 1:07 am

Xarge VI

Post by Xarge VI » Sat Sep 29, 2018 9:03 am

Edala is supercool.