"Do what we do, now." (Arion's post-shelving kudos)

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

EnigmaticSpirit
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

"Do what we do, now." (Arion's post-shelving kudos)

Post by EnigmaticSpirit » Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:54 pm

It's taken a long time to post this. Arion had a shelf life of over 18 months, and as some know, her final days on Arelith were somewhat covered in shade. But she made the tough decision to walk away from the only place she's ever called home with her much-beloved husband and precious son, content that for now, she'd learned all she possibly could about her parents.

Over those 18 months, Arion met a lot of people, for better, for worse. There are far too many of you to personally thank. But I'll remember as many of you I can. And of course, I invite the fantastic Aodh Lazuli / Joe / Ievos Selorn to contribute.

Speaking of Ievos Selorn. (This thread is named after the single most important piece of advice he ever gave her. And words Arion learned to live by.)
The elf, the myth, the hideously huge crits, the stoic soldier that Arion first mistook for a follower of Shevarash. But as he said to her later. "I'm happy." "But what else?" "Everything." Ievos felt a huge spectrum of emotions and lived with a surprisingly open heart for all his stoic expression betrayed. But his grief was palpable during the events of Albion's reign of terror and Arion couldn't help but be touched in return. This led to the most intense love story I've ever RPed during my 12 years on this server. Each of them routinely saved the other from their inner demons and outer enemies, over and over, and despite the efforts of some, they proved utterly unshakable.
And it's been a genuine pleasure. I don't know how I ever didn't meet Joe before, or RP with him in more detail. I encourage anyone who hasn't to interact with his characters. Just bring tissues. There will be feels.

A quick shout-out to Trintiren Elraiendel as well, for providing the inspiration for the character, and quite a bit of the background information I needed. I miss you. :(

Tera'thiel Eldafire.
Arion's one-time romantic interest. Had a good go at drawing her away from Myon, for sure. Arion had a great time with you, and I found it hilarious that a Necator and an Eldafire could have a go at it after how bitterly their respective relatives fought!
But of course watching him destroy his reputation and turn on his friends was too much for her. She may well take Tera up on that offer. But thank you for being there during her formative weeks, as I discovered the character.
I should also thank you for almost making Arion give up on men. .) As Ievos once put it, “We’re awful. Wise move.”

Vanion Tenthelion. (I forget your last name – did I spell it right?)
Arion’s first Coronal. Hell of a high standard to meet, the child of the famous Trintiren Elraiendel. Vanion proved a brilliant leader in his own right, and however briefly, showed Arion that there are many ways to cook an egg.

Nicodemus Sans-Larangaith
That bitter rivalry between Arion’s mother and this wonderful character that has somehow stood the test of time lived on. “Uncle” Nicodemus obviously tried to help Rhianna’s daughter, as best he could, and at times she proved a very difficult elf to help, stubbornly refusing to take advice on-board. But Arion’s favourite squirrel and lone wolf was always lurking in the wilds waiting to offer advice anyway.
That line about “some approaching Trintiren on their backs” was delicious, and that smack to the jaw was one of the most deserved ever. It was a hilarious moment for the player, and I genuinely hope the amusement was shared on all fronts.

Keryvian Starym and Narthor Ivae.
Arion’s eventual third Coronal and her first Commanding Officer. “Damn it, Uncle, he’s good looking too, help me.” Of course he had no interest in women, he was already firmly looking in Narthor’s direction. He reminded Arion of her father in so many ways, and was one of the few recipients of a Ruby from her (for those who understand the significance of that). There were so many glorious moments with these two that I can’t begin to count. But of course they were among the mere four attendees at Arion’s wedding. (They wanted to keep things small.) Keryvian taught Arion so very much, and it all came into its own when she eventually found that long-elusive second-in-command spot in the Sentinels.
Of course, Narthor officiated, in Labelas’ name. Arion and Ievos both held Labelas dear, second only to the Father himself. They all valued knowledge, and this brought them together, for all the arguments. “I’m sure Keryvian can tell you some colourful places you can stick that remark.” (I enjoyed that line, I legitimately hope it didn’t cause actual offense.)
Joe and I spent a lot of the time we played after missing the heck out of you two. Thanks for so many fantastic memories.

Laynaruil “Naru” Nightstar and Fe’dath “Fifi” Merladiel.
“Just so I can make things even more awkward… are you and Fifi…?” “We are.”
You two were just adorable, and probably Arion’s best friends, besides her very own Ice Warrior ™.
Naru provided a window to the ideal, while being Arion’s second Coronal.
Fifi was the only individual besides Ievos to get anywhere near Arion’s heart. Easily her best, closest friend, Arion could only wonder “what if?” Fifi also served as a constant reminder to Arion what the cost would be if she ever lost control.

Myr Elian
For not only asking Ievos if he was lonely, providing the driving force for what was probably the biggest influence in Arion’s character, but also, you’d be surprised how much inspiration Arion took from you when it came to being Captain.
(Rest in peace, Rodent.)

Alara Thienfalin
Fellow archer lady. A solid friend of Arion’s. She was always such a warm, kind, supportive presence. Right up to her last day on Arelith she was fighting for what Alara worked for to be respected. Fingers crossed, this will not be the last of the Chainbreakers.

Minuvé
Thank you for not dumping Marlevaur for Ievos. :)
Also, awesome priestess. Gave Arion plenty of opportunity to exercise those Heal ranks.

Arthas Valen
Stoic, stubborn, and ever a reminder to Arion of why one shouldn’t be afraid to embrace change.

Kethyra Nhevanthar
Your bard example was a thing of beauty. You really knew how to Bard. Beautifully emoted and described songs with actual lyrics for your bardsong!
I tended to keep mine short so as to not hold up parties and such, but I did start throwing song lyrics in there courtesy of that example.

Ilyana Lothwen
Arion’s direct predecessor when it came to the work she became most famous for. Ilyana went about it calmly, cooly, and managed to have a behind-the-curtain emotional side as well that most didn’t get to see. Showing Arion how to manage a work-life balance she was happy with.

Arl
This is what happens when elves go a little bit wrong. This is also what happens when you put brutality and cunning in the same package. How much that inspired Arion, I dare not say. There are things she did that really would surprise some people. Wherever Arl is I reckon he’s having a good laugh about that.
“Enjoy life, it ends.” “But first we live.”

Desna Star-Eyed
My fellow Captain, ever a warm presence and a reminder to Arion that there was an outside world. She always believed in engaging with it, but sometimes the temptation to be insular was too much. Desna kept Arion grounded, as well as being a solid friend.

Iridorezara
You might be the better shot, but I’m much more fun at, and in, parties. ;)

Kalyin, Idil’vas, Vance, Ghost, and the other people from Team Torture the Sentinel whose names I forget
You daft lot know who you are. That was a fun encounter and a half, I really enjoyed it.
Also, antagonising is fun, on the quiet. You know you love it. Thank you for being the opposition.

Mach, Rann, Sila, Emelina, Kazen, and the rest of you horrible lot!
Plotting was fun. Thank you for much plotting.

Snow and Lacroix
Love you guys! Not least Snow for delivering Arion’s firstborn and keeping her (mostly) sane, but she had a lot of respect for those two. And she was gutted when Lacroix died.

Snow Emil-Sudentan: [Elven]: It's alright, Arion. Don't apologize for being in labor.
Arion Necator: [Elven]: I'll just apologise for being a pain in the Snuggybear, then…

:D

Buppi
Buppi : [Tell] DOCTOR BUPPI IN THE HOUSE
Buppi: [Elven]: *A look to Ievos. As he speaks, it comes out slightly muffed from the mask.* Do not panic and be calm.

Thank you, for being Buppi. :D

Delor Engevis
Arion’s own little protégé. Thank you for being brilliant.

Yeto
For flip-flopping more than a tourist attraction full of Germans. ;)

Eirik Skuring
For the plotting. Thank you for the plotting. You were probably my most fun plotting partner.

Sylrie Aelorothi
Are you ever NOT in trouble, or a threesome? Thanks for keeping me on my toes!

Elriel (I can’t remember your surname!)
Crazy. Crazy crazy crazy. So much crazy. Thank you for the crazy. (And for the record, I knew something wasn’t right! :P )

Amaera Elraiendel, Taelar Stormchaser and Ancon Lanvanlal
And finally, the stoic threesome. Niece, and her two loyal protectors and friends. I regret not being able to be around for the wedding, yo. They’ll probably still turn up if invited. But in all seriousness, I’m gonna miss you guys.

DM Wish
For the entire unseelie/drow questline. That was just fun.

Meriam
Don't worry, we've got the painting. ;)

I’ve almost certainly forgotten some people. It was 18 months of RP, after all. Feel free to yell at me if I have. It’s been a hell of a ride.
She'll probably come back someday, when she's ready. But for now, Arion Selorn (nee Necator) is enjoying her family elsewhere on Toril. If anyone wants to attempt to contact her, feel free to drop me a line.
Last edited by EnigmaticSpirit on Wed Sep 26, 2018 4:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Shrouds_Abyss
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Re: "Do what we do, now." (Arion's post-shelving kudos)

Post by Shrouds_Abyss » Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:16 pm

18 months. I’m honored that you even mentioned Kazen at all! Haha. I really loved Arion as a character. She was serious, quirky, passionate about her people and doing right, and hilarious at times. First time I met her, she was mistaken for being a Sir.. until she shook her bark skinned uh.. assets, to another while Kazen was nearby. That made me laugh like crazy OOC. Since then, we spoke OOC on a semi regular basis, and tried to maintain IC contact and plotting for a good while.

An absolutely pleasure, both IC and OOC. Looking forward to more fun times with you, lady! <3
Currently playing: Kazen Selizar, Former High Warden of The Conclave, Battlepriest of Tyr

Mythic
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Mythic » Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:24 pm

Arion, Arion, Arion

For what little Time Meriam got to interact with Arion mostly through her wonderful husband Ievos. I thoroughly enjoyed

Favourite Moment (Other than the sudden sheer panic of having a message come to Arion while Merry was in front of her)

Definitely the casual meeting by the waterfalls. So touching

Hope to meet you again on any of your characters!
Howling around all year long

EnigmaticSpirit
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by EnigmaticSpirit » Wed Sep 26, 2018 4:54 am

... See, I knew I was going to forget someone.

Atlantahammy

Post by Atlantahammy » Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:28 am

EnigmaticSpirit wrote:
Wed Sep 26, 2018 4:54 am
Ahah yes, I imagion Jadoth was to be put in there somewhere too?

Despite her uh.. Blunders The scrying into a cell was still pretty funny. She was a good character.

EnigmaticSpirit
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by EnigmaticSpirit » Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:47 am

Atlantahammy wrote:
Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:28 am
EnigmaticSpirit wrote:
Wed Sep 26, 2018 4:54 am
Ahah yes, I imagion Jadoth was to be put in there somewhere too?

Despite her uh.. Blunders The scrying into a cell was still pretty funny. She was a good character.
The scrying into my cell was hilarious. And yes, Jadoth probably should be there, if nothing else for taking a punch to the happy sack in good spirits.

Aodh Lazuli
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by Aodh Lazuli » Sun Sep 30, 2018 3:29 am

You know it's been a blast. They'll both be back some day, and I look forward to that.

I should probably write on my own version of this thread.
Sofawiel wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:09 pm
Dont text eggplants.

FrozenNarhan

Post by FrozenNarhan » Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:49 am

Oh, Enigmatic...

How I absolutely loved that moment!

It was one of those times where contributing to another’s story helped weave one of my own threads.

And it broke Nicodemus’ heart in a way...not that Arion lashed out at him, but that she managed to crack his facade and he lashed out at her! Just like her mother she managed to draw out the mouthy thug in Nicodemus that he thought he had left behind decades ago!

...I only regret not being able to spend more time with your characters, and will lookout for the next one (and still keep an eye out for Arion/Ievos!)