Spiritwalker

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

Emotionaloverload
Arelith Platinum Supporter
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Spiritwalker

Post by Emotionaloverload » Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:31 pm

Well, this is by far the worst way to end a Walk and ensure that no one will remember anything discussed. Gosh. What a crazy day. I have had tons of fun with Corbin. It has been great showing the many aspects of a druid and teaching/mentoring young druids. He finally met his objective by sheer luck. Don't worry, I am too old and tired to be rolling a grandfathered 5%. Instead he may come back when the time bubble flips again (this was around the AR he left last time!)

I have to say, I really appreciate the devs making the DH Grove. I know it gets a lot of flak for not having rooms but, if nothing else, we have proved we only need a board and a space to make some rp. (Whoo! DHers!)

Kudos to: (I am keeping this super broad because 1) you all know how much I love you and 2) I will be writing all day if I do it specifically)

The Brothers: It was ever a challenge for Corbin to have to jump between wilds and city and circle and family. I hope he proved that honesty and communication are a weapon! The brothers were all special in their own way and all gave him a unique headache when things went south (that seems to happen a lot with us :p ) <3! you guys.

The Younglings: This is the longest stretch that he as ever been on the island in one go and it has been a pleasure to be able to have so many eager druids that have just come to bother him with questions. Keep at it!

The Groves: I have had the joy of seeing the three Groves active this time around. It was a ton of fun to have the dynamic differences between the Groves. I love the unique nature of each and I hope that they don't lose it.

Best Daughter: Oh heavens, without Lilah half his books wouldn't get done. Corbin was always swimming in work but he could always rely on his favourite to come by and give him a hand. I absolutely adore this character and it has been wonderful to watch her grow.

The Dms: The Dms don't get enough love. You are always patient and welcoming and it is so great when you come to tell a story with us or we get involved in yours. Thank you so much for the great support.

The Devs! Thank you for all the history and beauty you've added to the server. Without all your work, Corbin would have had anything to teach.

Special Kudos to Anenden and Sarah Sanders for showing me the first time how to play a dynamic druid. <3!

I know I will never be forgiven if I don't add this before I finish so here it goes viewtopic.php?f=21&t=20964
-S
Formerly; Echo Hemlocke-Ralkai, Joshua Colt, Namil Evanara, Elanor Shortwick, Sawyer Brook, Kaylessa Dree, Sines Oliver Selakiir, Birgitta Birdie Swordhill, Bella Weartherbee, Arael Laceflower, Corbin, Rupert Silveroak, Hadi the Slave and others.

Miaou

Re: Spiritwalker

Post by Miaou » Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:08 pm

Goodbye to yet another of the magical Shy characters. At least this time you didn't kill them traumatically right before Bups like the other times~

Corbin was a force on his own, spreading lore and judging stares for all to witness. He will be missed greatly.

WanderingPoet

Post by WanderingPoet » Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:23 pm

:cry:

It took many tries before I got to hang out with one of your characters and really get to know them (even if Corbin got snatched away half the time!) and it was a real pleasure. Somehow I managed to get pulled in as both a brother and as a youngling so I got to see both sides of Corbin (and got to be double the sad when he left).

He will be a missed brother, and a missed mentor - what he has taught will live on. I hope he returns within the RL year or two!

Alas Yeto might fall back into being cityElf without his super druid brother to keep him in line!
Path_of_Play wrote:Fear, intimidation, anger - All these, the tyrant's tools.
Laughter, encouragement, play - not simply just for fools.
These tools reveal,
More is learned,
From another in an hour of play,
Than in a year of contention.

Tryn Dralar

Post by Tryn Dralar » Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:12 pm

It was great to have you around Corbin, kept the Dark Heart alive and busy with events and Lore up the ying yang. Loads of fun rp and hours of laughing. It was a pleasure for me as well to finally get to rp with you as I don't think I ever have, and if so, surely not this involved. You did great giving everyone their turn in the Lime light, thank you so much for that. You and Corbin will be missed and as stated above by Wandering Poet, Hope to see you return.

ps- I think it ended perfectly with us having plans to travel somewhere, the interruption made it seem so much more real as it was totally unexpected and not prescheduled for its own little event kind of thing. Gonna miss ya bud!

Mohailo

Post by Mohailo » Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:08 pm

It was great hanging around Corbin even if I didn't have that much time to do it towards the end, so I will just hug my memories of him and cry in a corner now.
It was amazing to play with you, and I agree with Tryn here. Gonna miss you
Psh. I'm just a filthy ranger after all

woodbreeze
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by woodbreeze » Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:17 am

Corbin was wonderful. I only interacted with him a handful of times during the spirit animal quest, but am grateful to have had the opportunity to. You are truly a wonder & a master of bringing things to life around you. Thank you!

O-H41

Post by O-H41 » Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:42 pm

I don’t even know where to start. Lilah called Corbin “Arelith’s greatest treasure”, but I also feel that you are one of Arelith’s greatest treasures, EmotionalOverload. You are friendly, easy to play with, and a mentor who has great advice on the out of character workings of Arelith. You're my MVP!

I felt that Corbin often knew exactly what to say to bring out the best Lilah. Corbin was in constant service of any who messaged him or asked him for advice – no matter the race or alignment. He loved his druid younglings and was truly in service to Toril. Knowing the character died of exhaustion at least twice – that was just so Corbin!

I will miss the interaction between our characters, but I’m grateful we got to play together as much as we did. I hope our next characters get to interact a lot too. As always, thank you for the RP! <3
Lilah Lannald: Is it cheese?
Corbin: Its---yes.
Corbin: Its cheese.

Sab1

Post by Sab1 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:27 pm

He will be missed, I can't count the number of times someone told Rasa to kill Corbin since they thought he wanted her position. So they said she needed to end his ambition. :D DH has dropped off some as so many have been busy but I hope he comes back at sometime.

Mythic
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Mythic » Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:48 am

Corbin Noooo

<3 Always enjoyed the RP with Areliths very own Birdman. Will miss you even if we dident spend that much time together

*Just* When you got a new helmet too
Howling around all year long

Crookedblossom
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by Crookedblossom » Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:26 am

I’m truly grateful I was able to interact with this character. Seriously.

I’ve loved every interaction between Beryl and Corbin. He’s taught her so much as a druid, and you’ve taught me so much as a player. I could list all my favorite times together, quotes and whatnot, but like you said… I’d be writing all day long.

Thank you for being a great inspiration, and thanks to Corbin for being a great friend to Beryl!

“No tears in druidry.” ;^;