Atlantahammy, Astra Starlock.

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

triaddraykin
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Atlantahammy, Astra Starlock.

Post by triaddraykin » Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:56 pm

In light of the events in viewtopic.php?f=19&t=20896 and the story line involved, I wanted to draw attention to, and praise, Atlanta, the player of Astra Starlock. Without her efforts, the storyline would have fallen through, and the same applies to her efforts at the Tower.

She is an unsung hero, I feel, and while we're often offering to help on the times we're on with her, I think she runs the Tower more than the other three of the Archmages combined. She's kept it running, and without her time, it couldn't have grown into the large, inclusive faction that it is today. If it were just me again, I simply couldn't keep up, with OOC influences taking my time as well.

I wanted to take a moment, and give a space for Atlanta to get some praise and recognition for what she's done. I don't think I could say it enough for how much I appreciate what she's done.
Alia: The uncanny knack of Angela Amana to make the otherwise perpetually well-mannered girl lose her temper and be HORRIBLY ASHAMED afterwards.

Who on the Team to PM and When
Public Tower Discord
Tower Library
Scroll, Wand, & Potion Costs

Bryce Silver-Wind

Re: Atlantahammy, Astra Starlock.

Post by Bryce Silver-Wind » Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:23 pm

I personally second, third and fourth this post.

DM Avalon Soul
Dungeon Master
Dungeon Master

Post by DM Avalon Soul » Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:26 pm

Astra really showed her ability as a Mage when she took information given to her and was able to organize the efforts she did in regards to the plot. Additionally, she works very hard and has to deal at least from what I've seen with a lot.
"How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his brother. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame; for one person, in the dark, where no one will ever know or see. " -- Sebaestian, Babylon 5

Mythic
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Mythic » Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:53 pm

Astra is one of the most interesting and wonderful characters I have had the pleasure of playing with on Arelith

An absolute wizard in and out of game. And a most amazing artist too

Stay being amazing Astra Starlock

(P.S you never came by for Pieeee)
Howling around all year long

Beernerd81

Post by Beernerd81 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:58 pm

Astra has done more to improve the quality of the game for me both IC and OOC than I think she realizes. This event was just another example of how as both a character and a player, she really dedicates herself to making things fun for everyone. Thank you so much!
Hunter548 wrote:Variety is often overrated. Sucking at 15 things is not better than being good at 3.
Wytchee wrote:Please roleplay all classes listed on your character sheet.

cptcuddlepants

Post by cptcuddlepants » Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:09 pm

Atlantahammy puts a ton of time and effort into what she does and it shows. She's like a reliable force of nature that helps storylines and plots advance, even the ones that she's not directly a part of.
When the going gets tough, the tough hide under the table.

Get Jad's portrait here!

Atlantahammy

Post by Atlantahammy » Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:32 pm

Guuuuuys, gonna make me cry. ;w;
Seriously though, thank you, and I do try my hardest.

EnigmaticSpirit
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by EnigmaticSpirit » Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:34 pm

Astra, you are pure magic.

That is all.

wulfburk

Post by wulfburk » Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:35 pm

+1 kudos, havent interacted that much with astra but all the times have been great and specially when i had just started playing and she assisted my char with some basic stuff which was really helpful

Stratonike Silvbriga
Archamus Schelen
Demetrius Herhtov

ColorMeLucky

Post by ColorMeLucky » Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:08 am

You deserve all the praise and then some. You help way more than you have to. Thanks for everything, Astra. :D
Current characters: Mach S. Fryar, Vastin
"I am Silnyir the Silver, and the Frostblades are my scales, wings and breath; and I will be it's heart."
- Mach
"Two hands on the job, that's what Pa says!"
- Vastin

Fionn

Post by Fionn » Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:21 am

Atlantahammy wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:32 pm
Guuuuuys, gonna make me cry. ;w;
It's OK, Arcane Mascara doesn't run.

+1 Excellent character and welcoming player. I still haven't figured out the cupcake thing though ... ;)
~~~~~~
Badger
Wynn
RIP: Paddy

boggle99

Post by boggle99 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:43 am

Yep. Astra rules, weather it's the effort to do all the language teaching, the constant support of others RP, or just simply the fact she is there in a crisis. Thulk and her often didn't see eye to eye, especially when it came to certain tower matters hiding under the table ;), but even then he pushed for her to be archmage, and Astra has done better than even he predicted.

Artenides

Post by Artenides » Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:19 pm

Let me join the praise tsunami! I wish we had more interaction based on what I have seen about your character so far! Every settlement/faction needs visible leaders and you are definitely one of those guys being the most visible! Keep up the good work and thank you for all the efforts! ;)
--
Plays as: [No active char atm]
"I am a software developer and a DnD nerd. That means I am equally qualified to deal with bugs and bugbears!"

Aelryn Bloodmoon
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Aelryn Bloodmoon » Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:31 pm

Astra is amazing. When I talk about those mythical characters that have this field of gravity that makes people want them to be on the same screen, she's one of them. In this case, the player is also genial and fun to RP with. I don't envy their itinerary, though!
Bane's tyranny is known throughout the continent, and his is the image most seen as the face of evil.
-Faiths and Pantheons (c)2002

A little fellow

Post by A little fellow » Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:50 pm

A character that is great at slotting in and helping with any manner of different plot points. Kudos to Astra.
Lovin' you is easy 'cause you're dutiful

Atlantahammy

Post by Atlantahammy » Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:11 am

Really, thank you guys, it's massively appreciated, specially given how I work in a high-stress area. <xD and I also apologize for my typos.

I do hope I can continue to keep this up, specially going into the coming updates.