To Mach

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

darthkitteh

To Mach

Post by darthkitteh » Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:31 pm

First joining the server and playing in Skal, i didnt really have much of a character or backstory, over time it just got made.
First part to Tera, for one of the first proper RP moments (and the DM who ran that event!) which made me steer Elainyiar to being a protector.

Then meeting Mach, its been a hilarious rollercoaster and watching their friendship blossom. There has been moments where people have not understood mach CAN have friends who are female and not just lovers, which of course Elainyiar did not help by just teasing and joking about the situation!

I want to point out the more recent RP involved, where something happened in game, which made Elainyiar want to push people away to protect them. By this point Mach and her had become good friends and he hunted her down to help. Though not fully resolved yet, im glad that the player went along with the mad RP and encouraged it, giving more flavour than just a "quick fix" done.

Theres probally more, but im not sure where it will get lost in ramblings, and i wanted to focus on one person per post if i could!
Melodia Tsukiko ~ This Soonnnggg is as loonggg as a Skaljard Summer! *She ends with a sudden strike in tune of the notes, once and END*

ColorMeLucky

Re: To Mach

Post by ColorMeLucky » Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:06 am

I have to confess I wasn't sure what to make of the highly witty and raw quirkiness of Elainyiar when Mach first met her in Skalljard, a time ago. I'm so glad things have turned out how they have and frankly speaking Elainyiar has always been a fantastic character to roleplay with, and is a genuinely exciting to play alongside.

You really should pat yourself on the back here too, but since you're not, I'll go ahead and state Elainyiar has very quickly become one of my favourites to simply talk to.

This mayfly's looking forward to all the future RP.
Current characters: Mach S. Fryar, Vastin
"I am Silnyir the Silver, and the Frostblades are my scales, wings and breath; and I will be it's heart."
- Mach
"Two hands on the job, that's what Pa says!"
- Vastin

EnigmaticSpirit
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by EnigmaticSpirit » Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:08 am

Mach doesn't deserve some of the bad press he gets.

... But on the other, he thoroughly deserves the rest!

Very much enjoyed my time with him, even before things got touchy feely.

Azaria

Post by Azaria » Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:12 am

always blame mach!

"always a joy to be arround lord Fryar"
-lady Tahira Waynolt

Revelations

Post by Revelations » Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:00 pm

Mach is great

when he's not hunting skirts all the time

But mostly Mach is great.

But really you're a cool addition to the server.
Be faithful in the face of death
And I will give you the crown of life

Kenji
Arelith Platinum Supporter
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Post by Kenji » Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:20 pm

I dunno man, getting a character immortalized for having a harem of Elven maidens seems like a pretty cool way to be remembered. :mrgreen:

As a player whose characters are almost always gender-neutral (or confusing) and somewhat asexual most of the time (LN and very focused on their jobs), the polygamy aspect of Mach never really bothered my PCs ICly. They always shrugged and gave a "live and let live" sort of remark when presented with that particular aspect of Mach.

Note that the harem part is pretty much memes in my eyes, and hardly makes up for what Mach was all about. (I mean, it's still pretty funny and meme-worthy)

What is more to be said about the obvious LG aspect of Mach is that my LN PCs prefer to work with him, and at the same time, can't help but disagree with some of his actions and decisions. The charity and aid given to others without anything in return were often seen as a similar perspective of "feeding the poor instead of teaching them how to feed themselves" for my PCs. They can't, however, deny that Mach has attempted to do good to and was always reliable when called upon for the affairs in Skaljard.

Great times were had on Skal and on one of my PCs who worked under the Frostblades. Sad that they and Mach aren't much of a presence on Skal anymore, both the love and the resentment they received on Skal made for great RP opportunities. Many of my iteration of LN PCs both adored and mocked them at times.

Gotta keep that harem going, Mach lad!

whoisthisis

Post by whoisthisis » Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:50 pm

Mach sure does have a love octagon thing going on.