Guldorand Independence Day Kudos

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

Rockstar1984

Guldorand Independence Day Kudos

Post by Rockstar1984 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:12 am

Well. It finally happened. Guldorand is no longer vassaled! Alice and friends gave a little speech to the town and to anyone that stopped by, and a lotta characters stopped by. So of course after some ic pats on the back some ooc kudos are in order.

Firstly, kudos to all those who came to the address to the town. Wayyyy too many names to list all of them, but we had people from Bendir, Brogendenstein, and various parts of the server to make for one very large crowd. I will give specific kudos to Titania, who created some townie npcs and also possessed some of the usual ones like Nel, to bring some extra life to the town, and the bits with some of the NPCs she created were quite amusing.

Big kudos to my Guldorand homies, whether they're regular townspeople, members of the Shields, or otherwise involved in the town. There's been a huge increase in Guldorand's activity and I love going around town on Alice and seeing people up to different things. Gareth/AnselHoenheim gets a special mention, because his rowdy cheering made me laugh irl.

Special kudos to Laura's player, Aerngist, and Derristan's player, Interium. And also kudos to our past first Axe, Eirik/-Twohand. Leading a settlement while very rewarding is also very time consuming and it's a lot to take on even for a small one like Guldorand. Those players picked up a lot of weight and contributed to our success immensely. <3

Kudos to Thane Ghestaldt, as well as the Brogendenstein and Darrowdeep crew in general. Not only are they a fun group to work with and a great gang of rpers, they also provided a lot of fun challenge to this whole arc. They pushed and inspired our characters to be better, and their stern and stoic attitudes contrast and compliment the more energetic, rowdy, and cheerful personalities of the Guldoranders. Alice and Ghestaldt meet once in a blue moon, but when they do it's always top quality character development and the two simultaneously clash but work well together. All in all, I thought the plot arc of Guldorand being vassaled to Brogendenstein was very fun and intriguing, and that is because of the great players that we interacted with throughout it.

And of course, our greatest enemy deserves mention! Vance Gravelle. The town would be incredibly dull if we didn't have that old conflict and grudge still burning. A lot of the town's plot and drama were either directly or indirectly caused by the conflict with Vance and his underlings. Things have been a little calm for a while though, far as I can tell, but I bet with this arc over a whole new one is about to begin and we're going to really step things up a notch. Keep up the great villainy!

Underdarkers: During the course of the war I had a few opportunities to rp with various UD characters, and all the interactions I had I thought were great. Each discussion with an UDer Alice has had, whether she liked it or not, has had a profound influence on her views and her development.

And so ends one arc, and a brand new one begins. If there were an anime about Guldorand, this is the part where the intro theme song changes.

Oh the year was 1778...

Party in the forest at midnight

Re: Guldorand Independence Day Kudos

Post by Party in the forest at midnight » Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:18 am

Whoa! That's huge, I gotta stop by and RP with you guys. Guldorand is a really cool place, I've enjoyed all of the RP I've had there, I look forward to seeing where things go!

AnselHoenheim
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by AnselHoenheim » Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:46 am

And of course, Kudos back to the lovely Mayor that keeps everyone together with a blind rage of blood and destruction! It's incredible satisfying how Guldorand is growing lately with the combined efforts of everyone! And we will keep going on!

FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDOOOOM!!!!

Mythic
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Mythic » Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:47 pm

9/10 Speeches
10/10 Braveheart References
11/10 amazingly long complicated plotline coming to a Finale!

Onto new beginnings! GULDORAND FOREVER
Howling around all year long

Zaravella
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by Zaravella » Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:18 pm

Im glad to be a part of this event... one of the very few I am able to attend thanks to a busy work schedule.

FREEEEDOMMM!
"Power is not revealed by striking hard or striking often; But by striking true."
-Honore de Balzac-

A little fellow

Post by A little fellow » Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:06 pm

Kudos to Guldorand's players for making the conscious choice to see Guldorand's sovereignty as a plot to pursue rather than just that thing they want NOW *Stomps a foot*.

The truth is whenever there were OOC murmurs of discontent over Guldorand's vassalage, they came from everybody that wasn't a part of the town. Big kudos to Laura Luineth Lee, Derristan, Aligonda, Alice and all the players of Guldorand .. can't recommend getting to know them more .. such a great bunch of characters, and the players behind them are all sweethearts.
Lovin' you is easy 'cause you're dutiful

aergnist
Arelith Platinum Supporter
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Post by aergnist » Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:38 pm

Coming in at the tail end of this years-long arc, I've had a lot fun taking part in the RP leading up the independence, finally. Proper kudos to Alice for seeing this thing through to the end, as well as the rest of my fellow Guldoranders. Thanks a lot to Alice's player for letting Laura take on a bit as Vice Mayor.

Also kudos to Ghestaldt, Greydda, and all the other Brogendenstein dwarves that I've had the pleasure of getting to know as part of this, whether they were supportive, skeptical, or hateful. It's been good, and sometimes a bit tense, but really good.