May'riina's Kudos

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

Skibbles
Arelith Platinum Supporter
Arelith Platinum Supporter

May'riina's Kudos

Post by Skibbles » Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:20 am

As my time to play grows a little shorter, this seems like an ideal time to make a kudos thread. I'm really bad with names and memory in general (perfect for a wizard, I know), so I have no doubt I'll be forgetting people from this list. Also some of these names are very old and I'll be starting there.

This is also a good time to kudos anyone who's been on the unfriendly side of May'riina either knowingly or not (likely the latter, I think). She's an awful, devious, conniving, wretched thing, through and through, and for that I apologize!

(Also, no, I'm not rolling)

Arakh: Quite some time ago now, but I think Arakh is truly where May'riina got her first real start in Andunor even though she'd been around for a while even then. Arakh took a big jump taking a random drow who professed to be the best wizard (ever in Andunor ever ever) under his wing, and I don't think she could have wizarded well enough without such support from a stellar character. May'riina fondly misses him and his Iron Order of Elven Death (especially the latter). :cry: :cry: :cry:

Sabine the Red AKA Sydney Harrow: Amazing work as always. Interactions are fun and intriguing and a real joy to be around. Sydney is another character that really helps May'riina be the wizard she's always wanted to be. May and Sydney have known each other so long that they bicker like a married couple.

The Iron Order of Elven Death: I'm having a lot of trouble recalling a lot of the names, but it was a grand time back then. I recall Kavely Kuolema (who May will never screw with) because she surfaced recently, but the rest I've forgotten in the fog of time. You know who you are, and well played.

Talyrrae Xun'viir: Can't forget this gem while I'm at it. Talyrrae is still mentioned time to time even now! Her choices still reverberate to this day (though I'm mostly referring to the one making May'riina a princess, which she evoked only, you know, a decade down the line later. It totally wasn't a power grab I promise :roll: ).

IImeth Xun'viir: It was so long ago, but we got through those early levels together and it was fun. Ork is one of the best players on this server if you ask me, and it shows in the characters I've gotten to play with. IImeth was loyal and an open book, who made it easier to discover who May was in her earliest days.

Wheau Xun'viir AKA The Bone Witch: Another old face that May'riina can latch onto and know she's not alone in her lengthy stay in the city. May'riina literally can't stand to be around the Witch, but Wheau is a fantastic character who always brings something unexpected to the RP.

Roland Asen: I might get some flak for mentioning HE WHO SHALL NOT BE NAMED from some players, but Roland really helped May'riina and myself understand some of the finer points of magic in her earliest years as a wizard. I've never played Forgotten Realms besides my time in Arelith, so when I made a wizard I barely understood how magic worked even as a player. Roland helped awaken my creative side towards magic and the planes.

Now for the newer names:

**THE ARCANUM**: I could go on and on, sitting and mulling over names and faces, but I'd just forget most people and feel bad. The Arcanum is something that I've dreamed of (and probably many others have) for a long time. To see it finally realized and so vigorously pursued by so many characters is heartwarming at the least. I really hope that it is something that stands the test of time in Arelith, and a big fat kudos to anyone and everyone who has tried to make it what it is today. To have been selected to help steer the course of the institution is a point of pride.

Saslae Xun'viir, formerly Saslae Seeraerth, AKA Sassy: One of the first that May ran into on her return, though the details of their getting to know one another is fuzzy. One thing for sure is that Saslae is a powerful presence in person and in the city as a whole and I don't mean those really big numbers you see over the monster's heads. Very well played, and I hope she continues to be a character for a long time yet.

Vance Gravelle: Vance has already received plenty of accolades but I'm afraid I need to add more. Vance is on a whole other level when it comes to just about anything. Very inspiring performance on all fronts. The little "project" he brought May'riina into with Wheau is something I'll never forget.

Helen Lustar: I'm sad that May'riina showed up at the tail end of the entire arc that brought the Arcanum into being, and doubly so that Helen mostly got to see how much of a real b**** that May can be, but I think all is well that ends well, and Helen handing over the entire Arcanum in its infancy really said a lot and I hope I've been able to at least meet expectation.

Kron Xun'viir: Another of the first faces that May'riina came across on her return. Going from a political power couple to a fallen out pair was a great ride. No regrets. I hope Kron stays active for a long time.

Valryne Orlyett: I think I got the name right, but since I'm talking about Kron I should apologize for totally accidentally stealing her man (though I'm certain Valryne got it all wrong on why she did it).

Ilphaeryl and Xullthrae Xun'viir: Good to finally meet these two after professing the House name for so long and actually getting along. I'm really happy to see Xun'viir still so active after all this time, and in good hands.

House Mel'nozz: Mel'nozz's meteoric rise could never have been predicted by May'riina, but I've enjoyed every interaction I've had with Vidomina and her House (as few and far between as they've been), especially Lesrak who I've RP'd with the most. I hope to see more history made in their name!

House Auvry'rae: Another even newer House to grace Andunor, but I expect to see good things associated with this name in due time. Kudos to Xull'kacha and all her ilk.

Kalyin: Kalyin is just one of the characters to make me laugh very often and, for a drow male, has a talented way of leaving the women in very uncomfortable social positions. Excellent character, and I'm really sad that both their individual businesses have led them naturally apart from one another.

Vasszyk Spinescale: I'm pretty sure I got something wrong there, but for some reason May'riina adores this kobold. Greet.

Draknar: This duergar likes to cleave, and by the gods can he. If someone asks May who the best/toughest/scariest duergar in Andunor is, she has only one answer.

Aqarev: May never did get to enjoy the fish, but their interactions were always pleasant and interesting. I hope they get to speak again at least one more time.

Remy: I can't remember his last name, but poor Remy really shouldered some of the worst that May'riina had to offer and I can't commend the player enough for pushing through how awful of a creature she can be to make his well deserved place in Andunor.

Sorth Silverkin: ...I still can't tell if May hates him or not.

Alissa Duvain: I'm putting Alissa at the end on purpose because I think it's properly tongue in cheek to do so. Thanks for not PVPing May every time she stopped to exchange some pleasantries - or you know, shouting them at the top of her lungs to the entire city.

I'm positive I've skipped probably hundreds of names over the course of the years I've played May'riina. Arelith is something special, and will be for a long time. I'd like to thank everyone, from the players to the DMs to the developers, for making it something so utterly unique - also to Beamdog for reinventing Neverwinter Nights, hopefully guaranteeing Arelith's survival for another fifteen years.

I don't have discord but I can be reached by PM on the forums if anyone wants to meet May'riina. Thanks for reading!
Irongron wrote: [...] the super-secret Arelith development roadmap is a post apocalyptic wasteland populated with competing tribes of hand-bombard wielding techno-giants, and strewn with the bones of long dead elves.

So we're very much on track.

l33tfragiletings

Re: May'riina's Kudos

Post by l33tfragiletings » Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:19 am

May this song be an accurate representation of how I feel about this.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RgKAFK5 ... WizKhalifa

EnigmaticSpirit
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by EnigmaticSpirit » Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:38 pm

Yep, you spelled Valryne correctly.

Nah, Val knew why you did it. What she objected to was being lumped in with the rest of the Temple when she was very much her own priestess with her own schemes, and would've joined Xun'viir in a heartbeat otherwise.

You guys are the reason she came within a hair's breadth of betraying Andunor to the enemy, and Andunor owes more to Kalyin than it knows.

And I enjoyed every damn minute of it. So thank you. <3

strong yeet

Post by strong yeet » Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:01 pm

Aw man, I really liked May. Come back when you can!

Ork
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by Ork » Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:58 pm

I couldn't tell you how happy I am you've returned, Skibbles. Life get cluttered, but I have enjoyed each and every moment we've played together and know that every other person you run into thinks the same most of the time :>)

Batrachophrenoboocosmomachia
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Batrachophrenoboocosmomachia » Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:01 pm

May'riina is a rich and wonderful character, and a genuinely terrifying treasure- and you are a treasure too Skibbles! May'riina is genuinely one of Sydney's oldest and favorite partners in crime. Sorry as I am that the Arcanum will not enjoy the mad scientist overlord it deserves, we are grateful for all the time you put into it, and we're looking forward to whatever happy circumstances might give us more May'riina time in the future!

Done.

BlossomSeason

Post by BlossomSeason » Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:03 am

This is probably the right time for me to confess that I felt bad for potentially stealing the spotlight from May&Folk when I dragged Talyrrae out from the depths of my vault. I will forever regret not seeing what might've possibly occured without my interference.

You're -the- player who inspired me to play Drow initially, and that says a lot.

I will enjoy your return, if I'm still around by the time it occurs. Regardless: Have fun.

Durvayas
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Durvayas » Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:29 pm

I saw the title and my heart jumped into my throat. I was worried May'riina had been rolled before I could get a chance to RP with her again. D:

I'm glad that you're not rolling her though. She's awesome.
Plays: Durvayas(deleted), Marco(deleted), Hounynrae(NPC), Sinithra Auvry'ndal(rolled), Rauvlin Barrith(Active), Madeline Clavelle(Shelved)

dominantdrowess
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by dominantdrowess » Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:22 am

We love you Skibbles~!! Come back to us soon just for tea, or to kill a demi-god on top of the volcano, or we'll go kill the Noisesome God or something! :D

susitsu

Post by susitsu » Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:44 pm

Another one of my favorite writers on the server.

Mae is absolutely bae.

Vodka Musician

Post by Vodka Musician » Sat Aug 18, 2018 9:32 pm

It is a lot of fun interacting with May'riina and others in the Arcanum. I think there was something about participating in or observing torture while eating elven flesh was something Vasszyk and May'riina grew to like about one another. Always smiled when people threw 'greet' in reply to the kobold whether it was meant to be endearing or mocking was funny to me either way.

Hope to see you and/or the character around some other time.

mazeofthorns

Post by mazeofthorns » Wed Aug 22, 2018 2:19 pm

May is such a wonderfully complex and full of surprises character. I have enjoyed every minute of our RP. And now that Kron is out of the way...
KALYIN -- "Black Cobra will aid your injuries should you stand close.... or he may strike you, depending on mood."