Cordorian Politics Kudos!

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

WanderingPoet

Cordorian Politics Kudos!

Post by WanderingPoet » Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:30 am

The past two months of preparing for and then running in the Cordor elections has been a blast. While several unknown mechanical issues came up and Qasi pulled a fast one (well done!) thus throwing plans into disarray, it was fun to prepare everything and then see it executed. I wonder how close it actually was!

Congratulations to Wylaana and good luck!

The politics gave me a chance to work with people that I don't usually get a chance to play with and of course many of Oscar's friends to support him, so kudos all around to:

The Dark Heart Grove: Corbin, Rasa, Lilah, Tanar, Fat Badger (Vae), Alpha (Tryn) - your support IC and OOC made this a whole lot easier, it certainly helped Oscar to have a family to help take care of him and to look out for him

Hanna Hornraven: Without you there'd have been no running! Hanna has been great to work with and Oscar and Hanna offset eachother perfectly

Cordor: House Thienfalin, Thaddeus and crew, Rann and his crew, the ministers, Wylaana herself - big kudo to you all for making Cordor a fun place to be. Also kudos to Qasi for regardless of if he is good or evil making it interesting to race against him. I was hoping to challenge Qasi and win but stepping down messed up so many of my plans that I'm giving you kudos for that skilled move!

Heartwood Grove: Oscar's other druid frie-mily - even if Edgar always seems to want to punt him. Beryl, Nadine, Edgar (who needs a good whacking :D) and the rest - I've not had a chance to catch up with all the new members but hopefully that can happen now that Oscar has some free time

Frostblades & Skal: They house Oscar while hes homeless, and many among them are great friends. Oscar's drive to help people started in Skal and it was nice that the Frostblades supported him in this! Mach, the Dawnhammers, Alexa, the Forsts, Bree, Rami, Tie and others, and of course the Skaljardians that weren't Frostblades like Rhys, Ry'ul, Siling, Vallin and Sylvera - you're all great and I loved my time on Skal thanks to you all. Skal was his first home after Amn, and he will always remember it fondly.

Bendir: Home! Merry Fuzzypaw was a big player in Oscar's growth as a Chancellor to be, and will continue to be - one of his closest friends even if they don't see each other often. Oskar and Tabby, you two may had issues with Oscar to begin with but you're great friends for Oscar now. Wrona and Found - we lost you both too soon, and Oscar will hold his love for you both in his heart. Peregrine and Lobelia - Oscar actually likes Peregrine even if Peregrine now seems to hate him, he also likes Lobelia and enjoyed sharing that story with her!

Myon: Haven't seen much of the elves yet, though interacting with Taelar/Amaera was nice, I got an early tour of the place which was a highlight for Oscar. Hoping to see more of the elves soon!

Brogendenstein: Thane Ghestaldt - it is always a pleasure to talk to the Thane, I wish I was home from work earlier just to interact with DwarfForce more. Demetrius has been the one I've been most able to interact with and looking forward to more earthkin time!

There is more to come for this hin-scamp-jack-of-all-trades, maybe he'll achieve his dream of making Cordor a better place (and being the first Hinnish Chancellor)!
Last edited by WanderingPoet on Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Path_of_Play wrote:Fear, intimidation, anger - All these, the tyrant's tools.
Laughter, encouragement, play - not simply just for fools.
These tools reveal,
More is learned,
From another in an hour of play,
Than in a year of contention.

Frykenstein

Re: Cordorian Politics Kudos!

Post by Frykenstein » Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:25 am

A big Kudos from the Witch Hunter to everyone as well! It was a really fun election

Mythic
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Mythic » Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:27 am

Oscar has been one of the more interesting characters I have had the pleasure to play with!

Such a huge hand and a great friend

And the player behind Oscar is amazing too <3
Howling around all year long

Rowlind

Post by Rowlind » Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:04 am

Aaand Wylanna’s dead

TimeAdept

Post by TimeAdept » Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:35 am

F

Zaravella
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by Zaravella » Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:28 am

Missing from your kudos.. who started the party, the Earth-shakers.....

My fellow Minex Mercantile of Cordor (and now, of the Islands of Arelith) - Rann McClow, Emelina, Devon Blake, Silacadhiel, Kazen Selizar, Elliara, Brugga Stonehelm. Cheers and Thanks. I look forward to the future. This group shows that it is the Quality, not the Quantity of members in a guild that matters.

The trio of Taelina Blackthorn, Thaddeus Graddaigh and Henrik Duisternis - I am glad that neither any of you rolled with all the stuff that your characters went through. I look forward to seeing what will develop in the future . KUDOS seriously.
"Power is not revealed by striking hard or striking often; But by striking true."
-Honore de Balzac-

WanderingPoet

Post by WanderingPoet » Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:49 am

Nooo! I knew I missed people. Kudos to those you listed above as well Zaravella, thank you!
Path_of_Play wrote:Fear, intimidation, anger - All these, the tyrant's tools.
Laughter, encouragement, play - not simply just for fools.
These tools reveal,
More is learned,
From another in an hour of play,
Than in a year of contention.

Shrouds_Abyss
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by Shrouds_Abyss » Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:54 pm

Zaravella wrote:
Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:28 am

My fellow Minex Mercantile of Cordor (and now, of the Islands of Arelith) - Rann McClow, Emelina, Devon Blake, Silacadhiel, Kazen Selizar, Elliara, Brugga Stonehelm. Cheers and Thanks. I look forward to the future. This group shows that it is the Quality, not the Quantity of members in a guild that matters.
D'awww. Thanks a bunch, Zara. Always a pleasure when I bump in to Zara out and about. Really cool character, and she's actually helped quite a bit of growth with Kazen, too. So for that, I thank thee. :)
Currently playing: Kazen Selizar, Former High Warden of The Conclave, Battlepriest of Tyr

Rowlind

Post by Rowlind » Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:52 am

So this whole recent assasination of Wylanna and the whodunnit associated with it has been really interesting to try and unravel. I’ve been RPing as a reporter for the Cordor Press and I’ve had several fun interviews. Rick Snyder, Hanna, and a few others have been really cool about it.