Kudos from the story of Nadie Kendrick

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

MajorMix2007

Kudos from the story of Nadie Kendrick

Post by MajorMix2007 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:00 pm

Hey, this is pretty ~long~ overdue but here goes. Nadie's probably my best attempt at an RP character and many of you have made this fun along the way.

Chapter 1 - Life in Skal
  • Valerian the M? - Nadie misses the slightly coggy old benefactor that seemed to have adopted her. Gave her a welcome respite in a foreign land
  • Eladi / Quarion - Nadie's even buddies in Skal. Nadie has returned more than once looking for you guys. Seems you have passed but enjoyed the early days
  • Oakmaster Rhys - ever coming to Nadie's aid and even to the point of death in defending her against the infamous 'Master of Monsters'
  • Tara Aleera? - Nadie's fast friend in Skal - love the intriguing story line and commitment to whisper only speaking.
  • Mach and the frostblades - fun watching you all from a distance and Mach's way of greeting and knowing everyone personally
  • Kwalu - got be the most like-able warlock I've ever encountered -- thanks for the fun RP help summoning Nadie's first Tiger

Chapter 2 - Laying her mother's remains to Rest
  • Beryl - the kind and welcoming archdruidess, made Nadie feel at home from the very beginning
  • Nalee - loved all the talks and reactions to the unconfident and young druid. especially at the funeral service. you still are Nadie's 'Cherished Elder'
  • Zanthar - thanks for a brief but memorable discussion on getting permission to bury remains
  • Valendel - it's been fun in how fate has had these two cross paths starting with a most memorable rescue from the big forest elder

Chapter 3 - Life in the Heartwood Grove
  • Beryl - been a blast to continue RP'ing this relationship. Forest Mother, friend, and cheerleader to our young druid. Love life lessons talks -- revealing both the empathetic, kind, and strong side of Beryl.
  • Edgar - the ranger that most get's under Nadie's skin (and everyone else's) - love the commitment to this character's personal journey and how it makes him relate to others
Nicodemus - Nadie's faithful and mysterious ranger companion - been fun to watch the development and progressive revelation here [/list]
  • Willow - Nadie's planewalking and mischief loving sister in the grove - love the what do you with this character especially the self-made RP story line around the dragon knight -- gave me a great example of doing a story line without a DM
  • Corbin - Nadie's other cherished elder. Love the watchful mentoring over all the nature walkers
  • Ivy - Nadie's forest mage friend - loved to talks on magic and the energy and personality you bring to Ivy
  • Valendel - ah the near-miss brush with romance -- loved the RP in this
  • Snow - thanks for the fun thoughtful talks
  • Buppi - another one that gets under Nadie's skin - love the commitment to the character here
  • Laura - a shield who made being a criminal fun!

Chapter 4 - Tyrn and what has yet to be written...
  • Tryn - I've not done much relationship RP in past but this has been fun. The slow build up over time leading to to their first 'talk' was great. Looking forward to seeing where this goes
  • Beryl - best cheerleader a young druid woman finding love could hope for.
  • Valendel - Nadie's never going to forget that night at the Campsite. Valendel once again pushing the shy and reserved Nadie forward. Doesn't matter what anyone else thinks, Valendel's always going to be a forest Knight in Nadie's eyes.
  • Ygdriss - Nadie's had fun starting to get to know this one .. pleased to find herself finding another forest elder to learn from.
  • Ivy, Kira, Kage, Kazen, Mia, Aliendel?, Elysia, Astra, Mach, Imrodi - Nadie's draconic tutors - you've all made language learning fun
  • Mach - been fun crossing paths a few times after years at a distance
  • Imrodi - looking forward to seeing what becomes of your story line
Last edited by MajorMix2007 on Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Emotionaloverload
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Re: Kudos from the story of Nadie Kendrick

Post by Emotionaloverload » Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:35 pm

I've been enjoying rping with Nadine. I think Corbin would die if younglings ran out of questions or troubles. Keep it up!

-S
Formerly; Echo Hemlocke-Ralkai, Joshua Colt, Namil Evanara, Elanor Shortwick, Sawyer Brook, Kaylessa Dree, Sines Oliver Selakiir, Birgitta Birdie Swordhill, Bella Weartherbee, Arael Laceflower, Corbin, Rupert Silveroak, Hadi the Slave and others.

Crookedblossom
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by Crookedblossom » Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:33 am

Oh my goodness!! <3!
I remember Beryl's first few times interacting with Nadine. Everything Beryl asked for or needed help with doing, Nadine jumped at the opportunity to do so. Beryl saw right away that Nadine was going to be awesome for the Heartwood.

I've had so much fun playing with you. Nadine is a wonderful druid to RP with and I'm really looking forward to seeing what else her and Beryl get into.

Way to go and keep on goin'! <3

goatte

Post by goatte » Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:15 am

Was very surprised to see the "Master" show up in Skal. That elemental of his was no joke.

I've always wondered who "kited" him back to the village. I had never completed that quest before meeting "him." I honestly thought it was another player going PvP in the village until I actually ran the quest. *grins with embarrassment*

Back to the main point: I have always enjoyed interacting with Nadine as Rhys and look forward to more opportunities to continue doing so.

"Great Oak's Grace rest on you."
goatte
(not a sacrificial one for the egos of other players)

Tryn Dralar

Post by Tryn Dralar » Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:05 am

Nadie is awesome, nice, full of questions which makes things so great and gives the feel of someone growing.

I think its also great that the two are from different factions, but really has the same over all goals in general. I'm having fun with it so yup, will see where it goes.

Artenides

Post by Artenides » Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:34 am

I have had only a few interactions with Nadine, but hey... you are great!
--
Plays as: [No active char atm]
"I am a software developer and a DnD nerd. That means I am equally qualified to deal with bugs and bugbears!"

ColorMeLucky

Post by ColorMeLucky » Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:45 am

So glad that you appreciate so many people. You can be sure that Mach will be around for a long time to come, I suspect. He really enjoys spotting Nadie, and while he doesn't ever say anything, is glad to know her.
Current characters: Mach S. Fryar, Vastin
"I am Silnyir the Silver, and the Frostblades are my scales, wings and breath; and I will be it's heart."
- Mach
"Two hands on the job, that's what Pa says!"
- Vastin

aergnist

Post by aergnist » Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:38 pm

Pretty sure Nadie is the only person who has managed to make Laura touched by sharing terrible news. Just... the best person. Happy to hear you enjoyed the community service thing; I was a bit unsure at the time how well it would work.

It's been great fun RPing with you since then as well! We'll see more of each other. :)