Dawn Akhan/Streetglow - Goodbyes

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

Techne

Dawn Akhan/Streetglow - Goodbyes

Post by Techne » Sat Aug 04, 2018 8:15 pm

It's with a really heavy (and tearful) heart that I have to say goodbye to Arelith. Real life issues are kinda kicking my butt right now and I have to take a break from my first RP experience ever. Thus... I want to sincerely thank every single person who Dawn and I have come across during our travels on the server... you've made our experience amazing and heartwarming, tear-jerkingly happy and sad, and every single emotion under the proverbial rainbow. A few special thanks to a few very special characters are in order:

Kriegos Akhan: I don't know if you're still even checking the forums... but you've made the biggest impact on me and Dawn. His heart-breaking backstory made for a bond between the two stronger than blood. You've been a real friend, both in and out of game.

Kayla Vinen: To befriend such a experienced member of the community on a whim... I couldn't have asked for better. Kayla was originally thought of by Dawn as some stuck-up noble, but turned into the mother/guardian figure she was searching for.

Rann McClow: Another one who befriended Dawn early on. While his name is certainly notorious now, he was a fantastic friend for Dawn, and the two were like brother and sister. Dawndelion will miss you greatly!

Poe Pimmin: He may have left early during Dawn's Arelith career, but she's grateful to have met the halfling who put so much song in her heart. He truly was a magical member of S&S, and always put a smile on my face and Dawn's.

Brugga Stonehelm: While I can't praise the same player twice... I can praise two different characters. A stalwart dwarven friend... Dawn didn't get to see him grow as a character, but always approached Dawn with a grin on his face.

Leane Fordragon: Dawn's first "sibling". I wish so much more time was spent with her and her antics... she truly was a treasure to play with.

Elliara Wintercat: Dawn's second "sibling". So many glitches that made the two look like twins... and to randomly have the two have nearly identical backstories led to a much deeper relationship between the two than I thought or was expecting.

Wylaana/Dusty: During Dawn's final days on Arelith, no one was closer to her than Dusty. While she was often at odds with Dawn's rather good-hearted attitude, she proved to be a wonderful, if emotional friend.

The Waynolt Family: I can't really thank just one of you... so I'll thank all of you in total. You promised to protect a fearful Dawn during her most upsetting hours, gave her employment and accepted her as an honorary member into the family. I could not ask for anything more from such a gracious group of people.

I know there are plenty more people that Dawn met and who touched her life... and I could write entire kudos posts about each and everyone one of them. But I narrowed it down to those who truly impacted Dawn in ways I can not accurately describe via text. Again... thank you all for everything you've done! May Selune light your paths, both in the present and future!
Previous Characters - Dawn Streetglow/Akhan - Saeth Alsevir - Elena Springscar - Braith - Gwen Beregnor-Springscar - Jys'nara
Current Character(s) - No one (someone coming soon, hopefully!)

Echohawk
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Re: Dawn Akhan/Streetglow - Goodbyes

Post by Echohawk » Sat Aug 04, 2018 10:01 pm

Aeon Sol will forever hold her fondly in his memory.

I do hope things turn around and become easier for you. Take care, and kudos for your first touch with Arelith.
We'll be here when you return.
Arelith Discord: https://discord.gg/mAm8M3T
Echohawk#0623
Availability - Whenever, Sweden (GMT+1)

R0GUE

Post by R0GUE » Sun Aug 05, 2018 1:12 am

Wherever it is that Dawn has left to, I'm sure the wind is at her back and she has plenty of sausages for Fiera. /Hug

PeterRasta
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by PeterRasta » Sun Aug 05, 2018 1:24 am

Goodbye, and thank you for the interactions we got to share, I think Dawn was very cool.
And I hope you're able to turn the table around on RL soon, we'll be a poorer community in your absence.
Current characters: Geralt Duskwood, Oddny Baldrsson Svartr

Retired characters: Jared Oster, Basil Murkfoot, Melnor Tey'lin

ColorMeLucky

Post by ColorMeLucky » Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:51 pm

Mach will miss her, and so will I. It was great playing with you for the small times we got to interact, and I hope you had a lot of fun. Hopefully you're able to handle everything!
Current characters: Mach S. Fryar, Vastin
"I am Silnyir the Silver, and the Frostblades are my scales, wings and breath; and I will be it's heart."
- Mach
"Two hands on the job, that's what Pa says!"
- Vastin

MissEvelyn
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by MissEvelyn » Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:10 pm

Dawn will be sorely missed! It's been a pleasure playing with you and seeing Dawn grow into the character she became. I'll miss both you and the character.

I hope everything gets sorted out and that you get what you wish for in life. As Kayla would say it, farewell my dear =')

SockYeti
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by SockYeti » Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:02 pm

I'm going to miss having Dawn around. You were one of the first people I met on this server and what made me fall in love with this server. You Kerigos and Rann are what made me stick around. Even after I stopped playing Poe I was happy to have Brugga meet you because I loved RPing with Dawn. I'm glad I got to know you IG and OOC.

Be sure to check in once in a while on the S&S discord! It will be nice to hear from you ever now and again.
Talg Two Fingers - A mighty Trog fighting for his brothers.

Retired:
Poe Pimmin - the bard looking for his song
Brugga Stonehelm - the not so priestly priest of Moradin

CaptainGuy

Post by CaptainGuy » Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:46 pm

Ah, I know Einkill will miss Dawn. I hope you and her will be back one day if things change. I always found her to be really sweet and fun to talk to.

Untill then I hope things go well for you!

goblinhero
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by goblinhero » Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:45 pm

I can only second that you will be missed. Hope everything works out in the end and that the sausages will be plenty. You know where to find us :-)