Art Auction - A Success!

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

Wytchee
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Art Auction - A Success!

Post by Wytchee » Sun Jul 22, 2018 10:30 pm

Wow! Okay. So I didn't expect that to go as well as it did!

Thank you sooo much to all the people who showed up, donated artwork, placed and won bids, et cetera! This was the first event that I've ever organized on Arelith, so I was super nervous that people wouldn't show, or take it seriously. But so many people showed up and everyone was such a good sport about everything. And Cordor made lots and lots of money, too!

Thank you to:

Alora Peacebreeze - you disappeared sometime during the auction but thank you for getting involved! Your songs are always fun and engaging (if sometimes a bit bawdy!) and you really brought a much-needed cultural element to the event. Super happy you showed up.

Aleska - she did a lot organizing security, I'm just glad (or am I disappointed?) that she never had cause to draw her blade. I'm sure the Contract Veterans will have plenty of opportunities for that, though! Thanks for hanging around!

Amina - for making so many fixtures at last notice, and for being such a good sport! Wyl said this IC, but OOC you have NO idea what a massive headache you saved me. Thank you!

Arthur - you were outside the whole time and I barely knew! I wish you would have stepped inside, at least by the door so you could see what was going on. Hope you weren't too bored out there, though given by the drunken belch toward the end I'm certain Arthur was having a fine enough time on his own. :D

Brugga Stonehelm - duh, Wyl loves her some Brugga. His joviality and reassuring smiles never fail to brighten Wyl's often dark moods. Thanks for showing up. It made Wyl feel appreciated!

Catherine Duskwood - always cheery and encouraging, like so many others. I sometimes wonder if Wyl is unwise enough not to recognize what a wonderful friend she has in Catherine. Even so she cherishes her company, as Catherine always makes her feel welcome and wanted, despite her so often dour demeanor. Thanks for playing host in lieu of either Waynolt, by the way!

Chancellor Qasi - for really encouraging Wylaana despite her often dour and self-defeating moods, and for making every effort to show up/spend so much time at the event. It's mentioned in the other thread that you go out of your way to make other players feel welcome and a part of things, and you certainly made me feel that way! Qasi's kind words at the conclusion of the auction/at the bank made me tear up as a player. Thank you!

Cyllin Skaeva - play him more. That is all. . >:(

Dalafaerion - thanks for your donations and for going out of your way to get those flags set up. I really appreciate it! Dala's gown really drew everyone's eye. It's just too bad Dala didn't catch the hint when Dusty suggested he take her arm. "Eye candy," indeed.

Dawn Akhan - always super friendly, and donated a good chunk of the items that were auctioned off, including one of the higher-priced items of the event. A lot of care and time went into your descriptions, and it shows. Thanks for taking the time to show up, even though you had extenuating RL circumstances. It means a lot to me and meant a lot to Wyl!

DM Chiliad - for making the time to show up with some goons and random NPCs to give the event a bit more flavor. Dusty made a new noble acquaintance as well. Hooray!

Elysia - Jeeze, she bought up half the house, and contributed a work of her own that went for no small amount of coin! Thank you for being a good sport about the altar, and for rushing to put things together at the last minute!

Evosil - what an awesome, super cool job you did as auctioneer. All those items you had to summarize and sell to a skeptical (and fancy) crowd, yet without you it would have been Wyl stuttering up there with her 8 charisma and half a left shoe. Thanks so much for tolerating me as I rushed to get everything together at the last moment. You were exceptional!

Geralt Duskwood - STOP MAKING ALL WYL'S FRIENDS HATE YOU. No, but really, will never turn away his company, even if his adamantine adherence to propriety can at times grate on her nerves. Just know that with each transgression those loveseats will get lewder and lewder. Muahahaha!

Katharyn - thanks for turning up, despite how shaky things are for Katharyn right now. That um... display you put on at the end there, that was something! Certainly left an impression, at least. Always a joy RPing with you, and thanks for not bringing shame to my RL name. :lol:

Piper Pike - thanks for indulging me and organizing the entertainment for the auction. How dull would it have been to not have you along? Like Qasi's, Piper's words of encouragement (especially after her fumbled/nervous speech) meant a lot to Wyl, and she's not likely to forget them. <3

Shanna Waynolt - holy crap does Wylaana love you right now. Not only was it by the Waynolt's graces that she was able to host this in the first place, but that bidding war between you and Qasi almost made her faint! Thank you for being such a good sport. What Shanna contributed was more coin than Wyl has seen in her life, even if it's just pocket change for Shanna!

Syclia - the butler! You're a quiet one and Dusty can never seem to get a word out of you, but thanks for putting together all the foodstuffs on short notice. Wyl neglected to thank her IC but rest assured she will as soon as she sees her!

And thank you to the lots of random people who wandered in or donated artwork but didn't necessarily participate in the auction. It's always nice to know that people are interested enough to at least show up!
Current character: Abigail Duskwood

Rwby

Re: Art Auction - A Success!

Post by Rwby » Sun Jul 22, 2018 10:57 pm

That painting?

It had it coming.
Just saying.

It's always a joy to roleplay with Wylaana, Katharyn hopes to see more of her.

AlauraElizabeth

Post by AlauraElizabeth » Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:13 pm

❤️❤️❤️
A fun event! Thanks for putting it all together and thank you Waynolts for hosting~!
☀️Lathander is bae☀️

Red Ropes

Post by Red Ropes » Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:24 pm

it was based
🤡

Techne

Post by Techne » Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:30 pm

Dawn was super upset she overslept, and was glad she was able to show up! It's a shame that Dusty and Dawn don't get to hang out more... I always love RPing with the tiny, timid elf. Even if most of the RP involves Dawn following Dusty like a lost puppy XD.

Also... thanks to the Waynolt's for hosting! You're always such great people to RP with!
Previous Characters - Dawn Streetglow/Akhan - Saeth Alsevir - Elena Springscar - Braith - Gwen Beregnor-Springscar - Jys'nara
Current Character(s) - No one (someone coming soon, hopefully!)

Hannibal

Post by Hannibal » Mon Jul 23, 2018 2:24 am

arthur's a good boy.

Wytchee
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by Wytchee » Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:44 am

Rwby wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 10:57 pm
That painting?

It had it coming.
Just saying.

It's always a joy to roleplay with Wylaana, Katharyn hopes to see more of her.
She will, for sure.
Techne wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:30 pm
Dawn was super upset she overslept, and was glad she was able to show up! It's a shame that Dusty and Dawn don't get to hang out more... I always love RPing with the tiny, timid elf. Even if most of the RP involves Dawn following Dusty like a lost puppy XD.

Also... thanks to the Waynolt's for hosting! You're always such great people to RP with!
Dusty will be around for a while! Sorry she's been so busy with stuff.
Hannibal wrote:
Mon Jul 23, 2018 2:24 am
arthur's a good boy.
Tell him about the rabbits, George.
Current character: Abigail Duskwood

PeterRasta
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by PeterRasta » Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:10 am

This turned out to be a pretty cool event (successful, too), so thanks to everyone who attended, and especially to Wytchee (and those who helped) for organizing it.
I had fun!
Current characters: Geralt Duskwood, Oddny Baldrsson Svartr

Retired characters: Jared Oster, Basil Murkfoot, Melnor Tey'lin

Rigela

Post by Rigela » Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:06 pm

It was a fun time, thanks to all who came and arranged it! Especially to Alora for putting on some wonderful music yet again.
Isabella Isherwood - Priestess of Selune
Piper Barley - Joybringer of Lliira

AtroUnihopea

Post by AtroUnihopea » Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:45 pm

Fun times!
The bids came so fast, the moment I had one typed aomeone had already raised it :)
Thanks for everyone involved!

Playing: Dalafaerion Snowcloak, Melindhra Mistwarren
Characters: Dalafaerion Snowcloak (active), Melindhra Mistwarren (not quite so active)

goblinhero
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Post by goblinhero » Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:43 am

Really had an awesome time at the event - thanks for letting us host it.

Geralt will now have to work overtime to earn back the gold spent. Catherine kind of got caught up in the bidding :D. And it was awesome to have DM support for the random Cordorians appearing - it was a really nice touch! I hope everyone had as much fun as I had.