Kudos from an Infernalist

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Active DMs, Forum Moderators

Batrachophrenoboocosmomachia
Contributor
Contributor

Kudos from an Infernalist

Post by Batrachophrenoboocosmomachia » Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:03 pm

Hello Arelith. I've been playing Moira Krauss/Lucia Malveaux/Sabine the Red/Sydney Harrow/etc. for a while now, and it's been kind of a trip ( though I am not rolling yet!). I really don't write up kudos threads too often (more chime in/echo on others) but I really treasure the interactions I've had and the stories that have formed and the wins and losses and intrigue and exploration.

Now in what I suspect to be the late stages of Moira's time on Arelith, all those many of you I've had the pleasure to play with over the years, I just want to acknowledge you and say that I truly appreciate the time I've spent with all your characters, and the pleasure to experience Arelith with (or against!) them over all this time.

I wish I could write blurbs for all of you, but my fingers would literally fall off. (And I wouldn't want to implicate anyone with details/spoilers, those of you who I interact with currently!) I apologise for any omissions, feel free to yell at me if I've forgotten a name or mispelled one.

Names/factions are ordered as they spring to mind more than anything else, and what groupings aren't factional are either roughly chronological or completely arbitrary.

Morgan Gracehold, Mary Blythe, Angelica Thorne, Helene d'Arque, Stellen Varg, Andelos Sulril, Alphelius, Marya Althschuler, Shiera Sarhys, Vikarr Drest, Marsland.

Annette de Lussan, Daijin Helefnarian, Merin Miltea, Alicia Lortal, Laura Sinclair, Marcus Nephular Demarin, Nyx Demarin, Nikki Tulk, Shallan Alvere, Sara Lyonall, Angela Amana, An'daerath [An'dy], Zankas Joysword, Astariel Dan'ethe, Dyson Rie, Buppi, Nikolaus Snyderthen, Alexis Bellamy.

Ann Thrule, Rosenkranz Ezekiel, Azuilah [Misotho, alt. arammu], Penerith Silaya, Kaylessa Dree, Camilla Castillian, Wheua [Wobbles], Talyrrae Xun'viir, Timothy Brown.

Leonard Thomas Banquo [Leo my man], Uriah Lefevre, Amadeo Pneuma, Rannos Susidian, Scout Merryweather.

Rhaeg, Nathaniel Hawkins, Valentina Ortega, Declan Addams, Casimir de Lanza, Erasmus Bishopthence, Kyle Frayer-Eldafire, Jadoth Dawnfire, Azrael, Jharock Nevar, Jael, Ghestaldt Blimth, Isril Sulusk, Shauna Flanagan, Elwood Thron, Khinvari Maharn, Varania, Vanion Tanthelon, Geralt Duskwood.

(While making this list, it was about at this point that I realized just how ridiculous it's going to be to finish..)

Arakh, Avnas, Vail Dracht [Dragonsong], Katrysa Seran, Shanya el Asharti, Kavely Kuolema, May'riina Shri'isstra, Vo'nto Mok'don, Sarina Dragonsong, Saphira Blackstone, Bulrei, Arianne de Fleur, Uat Auvryviir [Da'fuhq], Hephaestia Grimguard, Iphraim Mazlikeri, Serro, Ermekt Narlst, Hadewych de Graaf, Uvarfjell, Irgix Manyskins, Ralvosk-Nax Greycrow.

Ilphaeryl Xun'viir, Xullthrae Xun'viir, Xulric Xun'viir, Schezalle Sfayi Beltaulur, Ches'riia Arab'afin, Nalfien Xul'tarr, Kethan Xul'tarr, Vier'ae Eilsl'und, Siegfriedr Haraldrson, Asb'el Dore, Amraphensbane, Vrigor, Malixtra Xal'rae, Kren'fryn Xal'rae, K'yorl Xal'rae, Malavos Verthym, Atrilabax, Dhaunstra.

Hilde Ragnarrsdottir, Quentin Vale, Afya, Derristan Barley, Lu Layla Zane, Jacob Swift, Malcolm Quinn, Josidiah Nierdre, Elisha Vashti, Falgrim Vintergard, Kerri Larenthanil, Sylrie Aelorothi, Taestra Rinn, Lissa Whitehorn, Jasper Highfen, Aeon Sol, Dawn Akhan, Ievos Selorn, Arion Necator, Keyleth, Zathlan Fen'ar, Liunia Lilith.

Gwynyvere Morgenstern, Venach, Kel'enthe, Tegan Tombs, Freydis Holst, Vosk, Peter Black, William Amolyn, Ghanima Tuek, Liberius Kerner, Bonzo Rippert, Calixta, Klavdiya Volkov, Kalvin Blythe.

Saslae Seeraerth, Vierna Serenthal, Ezra Murann, Xull'kacha Auvry'rae, Val'aonar Auvryrae, Edoc Spinescale, Slishk Spinescale, Sekara Kalith, Kron Xun'viir, Solaufein Duskryn, Vance Gravelle, Helen Lustar, Elyzium, Natasha Blackhaven, Xalyth, Vidomina Mel'nozz, Lesrak Mel'nozz, Otilia, Methedras Nomos, Kalyin, Minuit Shi'navin Myrahel, Gnaela Daldin, Aqarev Baal Hakasaa, Pravus Happedai, "Felicity."

Lorelei, Odtgankawruh Zorig-Gerel, Bella Isley, Tebryn Ssambra, Lyria Ashvane, Zelos [Zachias] Xun'viir, Khons Sefar, Ravares [Nariss] Xun'viir, Carabia, Raudan Hollow, Zassus Irertaux, Amanda Blake, Aun'rae, Vordeddu, Charlotte Crowe, Gylrip, Elizabeth de Vries, Serana Sovari, Sin'ae, Ildan Auvryndar, Renaut.

Val'aza, Jhaamdath Xun'viir, Belfryn [Ken'viir], Isandra, "Sojourner", Garinox [Warthorn] Isley, Vladislak Ulokima, Laelda Imyrn, Lavok Xun'viir [Zau'thran], Hadi, Karstaag, Senua, Leon, Arak, Kharus, Sefana Neflheim, Yothar Waa'linka, Jezebel Kingsley, Yoaumir, Athena Silver-Wind, Foegrimm, Maalafess Enkephalon Etc., Naszsir alu-Thaun, Lluira, Illiamonia of Olyr, Foegrimm, Artemis Blackmoor.

Paige Mosbrooke, Dimitrios Hal-Nyxos, Katernin Bersk, Peram Flint, Aiur Erelim, Eijaa, Yllasys Falconsflight, Tyros Iaret, Kaeris Arnderthur, Cyrinthia Darkhope, Marcus Orivan, Catalina Del Valle, Ari-Satiah, Aerik Northman, Lucas Briggs, Kafri Enzoa, "Billie" Vehk, Nathan Gallostone, Tatakir Vikari, Clobor.

Aurin Guirain, Andrea Marie von Brandt, Emilia von Brandt, Talia Steel von Brandt, Konstantin Helbrecht, Katerina Radovich, Emma Young, Dregan Densular, Anaria Liamytholen, Elidyr Hithlain, Sybil Arano, Aremis Keidos, Kira DeLocke, Paris Volkova, Ashe,

I love all you guys so damn much, even if I forgot a name (or many). Thank you for being a part of everything.

EDIT1: Adding names I missed.
EDIT2: Adding more names.
Last edited by Batrachophrenoboocosmomachia on Sat Feb 29, 2020 3:03 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Done.

PeterRasta
Arelith Gold Supporter
Arelith Gold Supporter

Re: Kudos from an Infernalist

Post by PeterRasta » Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:14 pm

Geralt Duskwood.
He had no idea at first, what a croque club to the shin when he found out. Nonetheless- I did enjoy what few chances they had to interact with eachother. She's a joy.

[Edited] Also, what great characters listed! Kudos aswell, especially for the (many) characters no longer with us.
Current characters: Geralt Duskwood, Oddny Baldrsson Svartr

Retired characters: Jared Oster, Basil Murkfoot, Melnor Tey'lin

LichBait

Post by LichBait » Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:37 pm

Oh my. What a list! It's been fun to plot/be friendsies with Sydney! Here's to more fun interactions!

Current
Ayiesha Dahyarif
Ilphaeryl Xun'viir

susitsu

Post by susitsu » Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:47 pm

Moira is unironically my favorite characters on Arelith. <3 back at you. ASMODEUS VULT.

Xerah

Post by Xerah » Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:44 pm

That's pretty impressive that you can remember all those names.

I love Sydney, so much so that it's one of the big reasons I popped down to play in the Underdark again.
Katernin Bersk, Chancellor of Divination; Kerri Amblecrown, Paladin of Milil; Xull'kacha Auvry'rae, Redcap Fey-pacted; Sadia yr Thuravya el Bhirax, Priestess of Umberlee; Lissa Whitehorn, Archmage of Artifice

Atlantahammy

Post by Atlantahammy » Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:46 pm

Sorry about getting you banned from the tower <:'D
Astra was the one to make them wake up and realize just how messed up that stuff was.

Kalopsia
General Admin
General Admin

Post by Kalopsia » Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:11 pm

1) In the event of the posting of the following reply, the THREAD CREATOR shall receive a sizable amount of the SUBMITTER’s gratitude, hereinafter called “KUDOS.”

Thanks for hours and hours of great roleplay! I really hope Moira will stay on Arelith for a long time! :)

EnigmaticSpirit
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by EnigmaticSpirit » Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:20 pm

I absolutely adore Sydney/Moira/whatever. So freaking deep and an interesting villain. Alyara (later Xal'rae), Valryne, my baby slave I mean to pick back up when I have the time and now Arion have all had the pleasure and I feel the fear while at the same time knowing if I get screwed over, it's going to come with an out, albeit one that favours Sydney.

People, this is how you do villain.

[Edit] This was my 200th post, too. Boy, are you special. ;)

Blood on my Lips

Post by Blood on my Lips » Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:51 pm

That is an impressive list. Thanks for remembering me.

I'm glad we finally got the chance to interact more than a passing hello and I'm looking forward to whatever it is Sydney has planned for Nat.

Skibbles
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Post by Skibbles » Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:53 pm

She's an infernalist?!
Irongron wrote: [...] the super-secret Arelith development roadmap is a post apocalyptic wasteland populated with competing tribes of hand-bombard wielding techno-giants, and strewn with the bones of long dead elves.

So we're very much on track.

Tarkus the dog

Post by Tarkus the dog » Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:17 pm

Kudos right back at you bud.

strong yeet

Post by strong yeet » Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:29 pm

Haha wow I'm on this list three times what a really great feeling.

It's great because when I was a new player and didn't really have my wits about me for a variety of reasons I drew tons and tons from Lucia and then years later as I sort of "grew up" it was so cool to see that character, again, but with this clear sense of development and difference since.

I think I've posted a lot of things positive about your character before but I really just can't say enough there. Keep doing what you do man.

Eters

Post by Eters » Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:23 pm

A well written character, an excellent story-writer and a friendly person behind it all, It has always been a pleasure to interact with both you, and Sydney through out my three characters, seeing many facets of her that made it all the more delightful for me.

Thank you for the quality role-play you always provide, I look forward to interact with you more, would it be on Sydney, or anything you desire to do next.

WanderingPoet

Post by WanderingPoet » Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:57 am

Sydney is so cool, even if she scares poor Yeto - she's -reasonable- but can never really tell if it isn't a facade that could have her turn and shoot you in the head and melt your corpse if you do the wrong thing.

Thank you for making a great character to play with!
Path_of_Play wrote:Fear, intimidation, anger - All these, the tyrant's tools.
Laughter, encouragement, play - not simply just for fools.
These tools reveal,
More is learned,
From another in an hour of play,
Than in a year of contention.

Baron Saturday

Post by Baron Saturday » Sat Jul 21, 2018 1:57 am

Thank you for breaking me, and being broken in turn. You're wonderful, darling.
Rolled: Helene d'Arque, Sara Lyonall
Shelved: Kels Vetian, Cin ys'Andalis, Saul Haidt
Playing: Oshe Jordain

Red Ropes

Post by Red Ropes » Sat Jul 21, 2018 2:03 am

I still get goosebumps when I enter the Obsidian Asylum. You're my buddy.
🤡

Miaou

Post by Miaou » Sat Jul 21, 2018 4:35 am

The Witch of Lies. My favourite villain, my favourite nemesis. Interacting with whatever name she takes on for the moment has been a blast every single time. Top notch writing, top notch character feel and willingness to weave a story for everyone involved to enjoy.

10/10 character, 15/10 player. Love you, Bat!

Aelryn Bloodmoon
Arelith Supporter
Arelith Supporter

Post by Aelryn Bloodmoon » Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:35 am

I am awed and flattered to be remembered amidst such a sea of names - it's pretty impossible to forget the impact "Lucia" had on the people Ast knew (and himself by extension). Despite spending very little time (relatively) over the years on the screen together, this character's myriad of names always cause my head to pop up in alertness.

As sad as it will be for the character to go if/when she does, I can't wait to see what you do next.
Bane's tyranny is known throughout the continent, and his is the image most seen as the face of evil.
-Faiths and Pantheons (c)2002

Echohawk

Post by Echohawk » Sat Jul 21, 2018 3:23 pm

Still getting ptsd over what few in character reports remain of Sarina.
We did some terrible things, we did some wonderful things. It still blows me away to look back on one arc, let alone what I can only imagine from all of the rest she's gone through.

I am, and remain beside myself with emotion when I remember it all. I can only hope I gave some of the same in return.
Arelith Discord: https://discord.gg/mAm8M3T
Echohawk#0623
Availability - Whenever, Sweden (GMT+1)

Rugnar

Post by Rugnar » Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:32 am

Imma need you to never stop being so awesome, tbh.
Current Main Character - Xuneyl Teken'tlar

Old mains - Mithpsira Phexori, Annabelle Ross, Ambroz Lyons, Azalea Lyons, and Elenia Davenport, The Crow

Xarge VI

Post by Xarge VI » Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:06 pm

You mispelled one! It's Von'to Mokd'kon, not Von'to Mok'don. Is this how little you appreciate me?

Archon

Post by Archon » Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:42 pm

The best frenemy out there.

Even the "bad" times have been good (=excellent).

ps. paperwork

Aodh Lazuli
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by Aodh Lazuli » Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:31 pm

Best. Villain. Ever.
Sofawiel wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:09 pm
Dont text eggplants.

Borin Drakkmurl

Post by Borin Drakkmurl » Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:57 pm

Quite a few of my characters were affected by the deeds of yours, and I was very happy to finally have one that would interact with you more often.

You are one of the very best.
Past characters: Daedin Angthalion; Lurg Norgar; Urebriwyn; Ubaldo Ferraz; Erodash Uzdshak; Borin; Belchior Heliodoro; Orestes Fontebela

l3wt

Post by l3wt » Sun Jul 22, 2018 2:38 pm

It's wonderful fun every time Sydney has been involved. Few characters make such a striking impression - always something to look forward to. :D