Kerri Larenthanil Kudos

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

Xerah

Kerri Larenthanil Kudos

Post by Xerah » Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:54 pm

Sorry, this is long.

I created Kerri with the plan to come in and take an effectively dead faction and do whatever I could to rebuild it into something respectable. I also wanted to make a character that believed redemption could be possible but wasn’t a pushover either when things went wrong. I’m happy I’ve been able to accomplish both goals with the character. There was a reasonable RP reason to step aside, and I wanted to offer some newer members of the faction a chance make it their own.

Big thank you to everyone who helped forge the story and sorry if I forget anyone.

Radiant Heart:
I went into this alone and I think I came out with a number of friends from it. I really appreciate everyone giving me a chance to direct things for a while and also allow for the Oath of Redemption paladin to do still do their thing, even in the face of a bunch of Crusaders. She wore the mask she needed to in order to allow everyone to be working together (mostly).

Sylrie, Alastriona, Peregrine, Escott, Garm, Eric, Elisha, Aligonda Johanna, Ruigardt, Petra, Lowell, Quentin, and many others!

It was a very cool dynamic to play with so many different views on LG and the one thread did highlight that very well.

Myon:
Having never played an elf before, Kerri was created as a half-elf to allow for that chance. Although it was hard splitting my time, I did always enjoy time spent there (especially as friends vs the Banites).

Sylrie, Muriel, Thalys, Ievos, Zathlan, Amaera, Izzy, Arion, and many others!

Arcane Tower:
I’ve always enjoyed the arcane RP so, naturally, I found myself getting involved here as well. There was also the matter of the previous bad relationship between the Radiant Heart and Arcane Tower that she wished to mend in some way, even if she was also judging everyone as she did.

Jacob, Angela, Astra, Jadoth, Mach, Alexa, and many others!

Cordor:
I didn’t get much chance to visit here, but it was always so interesting (in a multiple of ways) when I did. It’s a bit sad watching what’s to come from the sidelines though!

Snow, Rann, Silacaladhiel, Katie, everyone from Katie’s Troop, and many others!

The Badguys:
A goodguy without badguys is kind of boring. Big shout out to the Banites for being cool lads through the whole conflict thing too.

Sydney Harrow, Vance (and other Cyricsts), Bisik, Enragess, Kieros, Methedras, Aowyn, Ironmoors, "anti-hero" Rhaeg, and many others!

The Dominion:
I didn’t get as much chance as I could playing with these groups, but it was fun when I did. I really did want to push more into taking issues with some things the Thane was doing, but perhaps in the future! Can’t burn too many bridges while being tied to a faction.

Eirik, Alice, Thane-r, Taestra, Falgrim, Ghestelle, and many others!

The Redeemed/reformed:
As one of the focus of my character was redemption, I thank everyone who allowed me to help them down the path to turn to the side of good (or just freedom). Additional big shoutout to Anuia for going through the whole process of rebuilding a character from scratch.

Anuia, Harvey (even if we didn’t eventually get to it), Luca, Pea, Nerdia

I have a few things to tie up in game, then she will be parked for a while. Thanks again to everyone!
Last edited by Xerah on Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Katernin Bersk, Chancellor of Divination; Kerri Amblecrown, Paladin of Milil; Xull'kacha Auvry'rae, Redcap Fey-pacted; Sadia yr Thuravya el Bhirax, Priestess of Umberlee; Lissa Whitehorn, Archmage of Artifice

susitsu

Re: Kerri Larenthanil Kudos

Post by susitsu » Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:22 pm

they never sang together :c

Zed

Post by Zed » Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:08 pm

Bisik only wanted a hug from you!

Rwby

Post by Rwby » Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:50 pm

She will be missed. A wonderfully well written character.
Come back and play with us soon!

MoreThanThree

Post by MoreThanThree » Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:02 pm

bye kerri
20 RPR GANG

R0GUE
Arelith Platinum Supporter

Post by R0GUE » Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:25 am

Awww I'll miss you Kerri.

Crookedblossom
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by Crookedblossom » Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:32 am

Aww, man. I was looking forward to Beryl getting to RP with her more. Maybe sometime in the future! Otherwise, lookin' forward to meeting your next character!

Red Ropes

Post by Red Ropes » Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:53 am

Kerri was and is based.
🤡

EnigmaticSpirit
Arelith Silver Supporter
Arelith Silver Supporter

Post by EnigmaticSpirit » Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:02 am

You know, because of Kerri, Arion's written two songs.

It's a shame she might not hear them performed.

Yma23

Post by Yma23 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:24 pm

Kerri was fantastic, definatly up there in my 'favorite Paladins' because she really went out there and got stuff done. I can't say how much I admire and respect that, and I'm sorry Pea was such a pain in the back side to her. For what little it's worth, he generally meant well.

Kudos to you for making such a great character - she'll definatly be missed!

If Valor Were Inches

Post by If Valor Were Inches » Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:23 am

Kerri's work with the radiant was nothing short of exceptional to watch. I only regret not having more time with Johanna to interact with her.

She'll definitely be missed and be in my own list of favorite paladins.

Commissar

Post by Commissar » Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:30 am

The week I make a paladin to finally track down Kerri. Here's to next time!
May you live in interesting times.
Manticore, on Sun Elves wrote:Yeah, I'm pretty sure the racism is like a mating ritual or something. Like plumes on birds.

Xerah

Post by Xerah » Wed Mar 27, 2019 3:15 am

And Kerri has been officially rolled. The above kudos is still true, and thanks to everyone who made her great!
Katernin Bersk, Chancellor of Divination; Kerri Amblecrown, Paladin of Milil; Xull'kacha Auvry'rae, Redcap Fey-pacted; Sadia yr Thuravya el Bhirax, Priestess of Umberlee; Lissa Whitehorn, Archmage of Artifice

Zed

Post by Zed » Wed Mar 27, 2019 3:11 pm

Kerri noooo!

I hope she got her finger back