First Kudos

Praise and Honey Cookies from Players for Players, and Chocolate Cookies for the Devs

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Active DMs

ColorMeLucky

First Kudos

Post by ColorMeLucky » Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:15 pm

Sup, it's been a wild ride so far with my first real character on the Arelith server, Mach Fryar, and so there's some people I think that deserve a spot in my books. A lot of people actually. I've been making a mental note for a loooooong time. But now I think it's about time people know that I appreciate everything that they are.

The Frostblades: Especially it's early and founding members including but not limited to Velia Artansar, Tie Lok, Chenna(h), Lowell Geard (now Forst), and all of those who I might have missed. While our members change and mix between active and inactive, you are all fantastic.

Blackmane: Sven Morrisen, Bisik The Biscuit Willows, and all the Blackmane were a huge part of Mach's backstory, and a pivotal point in Mach's ideals.

The Old-Skal Friends: Alissa Duvain, when you visited, and Rann McClow, Kayla Vinen, Dawn Akhan, and of course our favourite scoundrel Kriegos Akhan.
On this list also comes to
- Ameniel
- Josediah of Sencliff
- Serdon
- Petra (Who later joined the Frostblades)
- Perin Foley
- Janix Gald (who later joined the Frostblades)
- Oakmaster Rhys (especially, because you helped guide Mach a lot)
- Sylmae (For also guiding Mach)
- Marise
- Rekkan
- Kasrith
- Anuia (For that frustrating time in the forest, when you later became a dear friend to him too)
- Torkurr Bloodclaw (when you washed up on shore, such a test for his convictions and beliefs)
- Meleran "Frank"
- Azaria (for amazing and astounding me both IC and OOC, half-dragons are amazing)
- Quillion
- Sheng Zhou
- Olivia Von Graff
- And so many more I'm likely forgetting the names of, but I remember the characters well

Mach's Apprentices: It was fun to get to take apprentices, and frustrating for Mach sometimes too.
- Siling
- Prescience
- Aobre (Sneaky)
- Rami

The Leaders of the Settlements: Thank you all for being so welcoming of Mach's hard work and efforts. Even when he falls short, you all guided him and helped him learn important things about being a leader, and helping make sure he didn't fly off the handle all the time.

The Underdarkers secretly helping Mach: You know who you are, you. ;)

Mach's Foes, Rivals, and Enemies: Can't be good without evil, and can't have chaos without something to challenge it. When Mach came down to it he faced many foes and he did his best to hold to his code.
Thanks to all of you for challenging him and pushing him, even hurting him. The following are definitely up there.
- Blackmane, especially Bisik Willows
- Vance, you devil you.
- Invrae, whom Mach greatly respected
- Maximus, whom Mach respected as much as he could, but still strongly disagrees with
- X'avin, Lawful Good never looked so relentlessly evil before.

Namlin, Sedilia and Dakir: Mach strived hard to appeal to a light he saw, and eventually after many trials, mishaps, and lack of time, he found the entire thing a struggle. He almost lost hope, if not for Aliel. Thanks a heap for the struggle.

Mach's many friends in The Arcane Tower: Being a hedge-mage who taught himself and pushed himself above and beyond, and struggled so much with knowledge and lore, you guys all helped educate my little mage properly, plus helped immensely in times of need or even just randomly. Your trust in Mach inspired him to do the best he can do.
- Jacob Swift
- Angela Armana
- Astra Starlock
- Patrick O'Sullivan
- Ivy the Best Gnome
- Glartar (lately, you've been rubbing off on him.)
- Jadoth the Table-Elf
- Alexa Domina
- And so many more

Around Arelith: Around Arelith are some amazing people who deserve recognition for the huge impact they have on Mach
- Aligonda
- Kerri
- Sylrie
- Alice
- Calixta (Whos character is so great its' scary, even with limited interaction)
- Taelina
- Thaddeus (who's limited interactions leave a big mark)
- Dusty
- Emelina
- Velshar (kinda enemy, kinda not recently)
- Found
- Moryggan/Marise
- Eirik, and all the Darrowdeep crew including Juris and Igogh
- Silacaladhiel
- And all of you I might have missed. Honestly most if not all of you playing are amazing.

There are so many more people I want to thank, and give praise to, but most importantly I want to thank the DM's for all your hard work and dedication, and the admin and development teams for everything you guys put into Arelith. You make it almost impossible to return to the base game honestly. It's such a massive facelift to the game.

Thanks everyone!
Current characters: Mach S. Fryar, Vastin
"I am Silnyir the Silver, and the Frostblades are my scales, wings and breath; and I will be it's heart."
- Mach
"Two hands on the job, that's what Pa says!"
- Vastin

cptcuddlepants

Re: First Kudos

Post by cptcuddlepants » Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:36 pm

Jadoth wants to wring Mach's neck and hug him at the same time. For now, he'll settle on sits.

Mach is like a salad - delightfully refreshing, saucy, and well-seasoned. (Maybe that's what the S in his name stands for)

Looking forwards to more intetractions.
When the going gets tough, the tough hide under the table.

Get Jad's portrait here!

Zed

Post by Zed » Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:46 pm

I am glad the Blackmane Mercs had such an influence on a lot of the early skalites!

We always knew we were going to lose eventually to the good guys, our goal was to make sure that the victory was won on terms that actually changed the way people thought of as just the normal 'Evil band of evil'

Ill re-hash what i have said in the Zhentarim discord here. And thank 'Mr. Fryar' for what is always great interactions, as even bitter rivals can sit down and talk back and forth with a mutual respect for each other.

"If you play evil. Play to make the game better. Not to PVP. Not to win. You are playing to enhance the game play of those around you, find someone who deserves to be the hero. Make it your goal to build them up. And give them the best story you can."

-- P.S. I look forward to popping up in the most inconvienient places for you like a boney Gary Oak.

marine436

Post by marine436 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:49 pm

Its been a blast with everyone there.

Being the passionate dumb evil I honestly expected to Be Permed around the time of the Bendair Execution in Namlins Story.

Amazing Roleplay by Sedillia, Tanar, Dakir, Aliel, Dunncan, Mach, Petra Frost , Medzek. Took her down a path I never expected nor planned for.

Redemption - you now have a person who is at war with her self, trying to do the right thing, cause she finally understands the right thing.

I Am having a blast, thank you all.

-Marine436,
Player of Namlin

MoreThanThree

Post by MoreThanThree » Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:58 pm

uwu machdaddy
20 RPR GANG

Xerah

Post by Xerah » Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:04 pm

Sometimes, even Kerri wanted to toss Mach out of a window. hah. gg.
Katernin Bersk, Chancellor of Divination; Kerri Amblecrown, Paladin of Milil; Xull'kacha Auvry'rae, Redcap Fey-pacted; Sadia yr Thuravya el Bhirax, Priestess of Umberlee; Lissa Whitehorn, Archmage of Artifice

ColorMeLucky

Post by ColorMeLucky » Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:02 am

Xerah wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:04 pm
Sometimes, even Kerri wanted to toss Mach out of a window. hah. gg.
One cannot deny that Mach has definitely stuck well and truly to his ideals and beliefs in the most neutral good way possible, even to his own detriment. It's been great to play with you too, Kerri. Only wish Mach and Kerri had more interactions. :D
Current characters: Mach S. Fryar, Vastin
"I am Silnyir the Silver, and the Frostblades are my scales, wings and breath; and I will be it's heart."
- Mach
"Two hands on the job, that's what Pa says!"
- Vastin

Blondie

Post by Blondie » Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:59 am

We love you Tentamancer <3

You were one of the first characters I met in the game and you were hilarious and kind!
Thanks for your continued play with me and my schnidigans :D
"Even though you're growing up, you should never stop having fun."

Rwby

Post by Rwby » Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:23 am

You're new here?
Wow. I would never have guessed. Mach is one of those characters whose name just keeps coming up in conversation. You're obviously making a big impact on everyone. Keep up the storytelling!

Atlantahammy

Post by Atlantahammy » Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:19 am

Astra still wants to toss mach out of a window!
But she does like the man, even if he's a bit blinded.

susitsu

Post by susitsu » Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:18 pm

Ive only had two interactions with Mach that both tied into the same thing. You weren't afraid to show your character's hand and risk even angering a handful of level 30s.

To quote my character, Mach is "hardcore." ;)

McDuck

Post by McDuck » Sat Jul 21, 2018 10:19 am

Mach, What to say. Arived at Skallat first you wher the one pointing Ameniel around, Not knowing what i would run into. The madness that was ther XD but i enjoy the role play you brought, Kudos meens a lot :3 Always around to help others in his chaotic way ;)